Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? (70647 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Nosa111(m): 12:09pm On Nov 11, 2022
https://nairametrics.com/2022/10/24/nibss-mobile-transfers-by-bank-customers-hit-n12-8-trillion-in-9-months/

Read through! Go under and read how Telecommunication are major gainers with the use of mobile transactions due to the rising mobile connection in the country.

While I am not arguing the fact that internet subscription can be a little bit more expensive in other countries than Nigeria, most phones bills covers internet subscription and phone calls too in the western world, it’s almost at the same price as it is in Nigeria especially with the 40% tariff increase early this year.
Treadway:
ehn ehn really. Ok so since you shared an article/screenshot that did not say anything about dollar but discussed growth in mobile cash transactions, abeg how the inter-bank trfs I did yesterday, and the airtime recharge ariesbull did today, or the remita payment some students did today relates to dollar comparison? I go like know the relationship.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2022
Nosa111:
https://nairametrics.com/2022/10/24/nibss-mobile-transfers-by-bank-customers-hit-n12-8-trillion-in-9-months/

Read through! Go under and read how Telecommunication are major gainers with the use of mobile transactions due to the rising mobile connection in the country.

While I am not arguing the fact that internet subscription can be a little bit more expensive in other countries than Nigeria, most phones bills covers internet subscription and phone calls too in the western world, it’s almost at the same price as it is in Nigeria especially with the 40% tariff increase early this year.
quote the point you want to share or screenshot it. I have read it leaf to leaf. Who would it count for before? You cant do cashless transactions on a mobile phone or computer without a SIM card provider providing the internet connection, right?

Or are you saying this statement that more people going cashless by doing more digital transactions means cost?

The surge in the use of mobile for financial transactions was buoyed by the rising mobile connections across the country. According to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), active subscriptions for mobile services across the networks of MTN, Airtel, Globacom, and 9mobile rose by 14.4 million in the first 8 months of 2022.

More people are going cashless, is the simple literal interpretation of that statement.. more people are doing mobile transactions. A simple case study I hope you can at least relate to is crypto. More people keep flooding crypto on a day to day basis, and all of it is mobile transactions. So again, quote what you are saying gangan in your article.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by elijah101(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
baba dreamer ... no worry .. when you enter the business .. you go understand
ariesbull:

Forget rice

Do you know what it means with 20 m just bring out just 10m...invest in poultry and cold room.

Imagine having one thousand layers daily...focus on them, get vetinerians to look into it forget big Grammer..

One thousand layers after 4 months will be producing about 1500 eggs which a crate is about 1700 wholesale price and the total is about 145,000 on eggs alone on daily basis...

Is their market yes... The last time I checked... Nigerians are still eating eggs, still baking breads and cakes.. So you don't have to worry.

You will have your office brand your firm and get marketing team to handle it

Imagine 145,000 daily by a month we are looking at 4 m plus then take out 2m for overhead and salaries you have over 1.5m as profit...

Then you can still invest in hatchery and fishery

Dude money dey... How Can people use over 20m to travel to go do jobs in warehouse and 2 jobs

That's madness for me.. I think it's laziness.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2022
elijah101:
baba dreamer ... no worry .. when you enter the business .. you go understand
this one no get it... Why is it that many of ou guys are this slow

Dude I don't earn salary... I have stopped earning salary years ago.... I am an employer of Labour

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by AnitaofEurope: 10:36pm On Nov 11, 2022
I
ariesbull:
this one no get it... Why is it that many of ou guys are this slow

Dude I don't earn salary... I have stopped earning salary years ago.... I am an employer of Labour
Guy rest
pEople full UK embasssy they queue for visa o
No just go kill yourself with all these ones
Them no Dey hear you
Them Dey embassy like this
So stop wasting your time ��
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2022
AnitaofEurope:
I
Guy rest
pEople full UK embasssy they queue for visa o
No just go kill yourself with all these ones
Them no Dey hear you
Them Dey embassy like this
So stop wasting your time ��
even if they que

Na only a clown dey consider UK and all those funny European countries abroad
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 10:40am On Nov 12, 2022
ariesbull:
even if they que

Na only a clown dey consider UK and all those funny European countries abroad
Guy, I have read your comments for so long now. The truth is you are giving folks a skewed version if the situation in Nigeria. All these business u are talking blah blah blah, have u ever factored in the risks involved in them? I mean the peculiar Nigerian risk like the human factor where if u are not hands on in the business your employee can just run away with company funds and assets?
Secondly have u looked at the potential high variable cost of doing business in Nigeria eg electricity, bribery etc?

Thirdly have u considered the instability in Government policies? I have once ran a successful agency banking business in Nigeria before the CBN came up with a stupid and ill-thought stamp duty charge of N50 per every N1000 policy which effectively killed my business.

Fourthly have u thought of the high insecurity situation that can impact your business when agberoos can just come to your business office and ask for ransom in which failure to give them can lead to vandalisation of your premises and nothing will happen...

There are risk in business but there are so many business risks that is peculiar to Nigeria which can kill the successful implementation of all those ideas u are mentioning up there which I are failing to put into cognizance in your arguments which is totally wrong and naive on your part. My wife ran a catfish business in Ado Ekiti before we left for the UK but it was not successful in Nigeria because people were pricing her catfish even below her costs which I just told her to leave the business after a while. Fast forward two years I have come to the UK to do my Masters in I.T and I came with my wife. She resurrected that same business here and it was successful because people where not ridiculously pricing her fish below purchasing cost like what was obtainable in Ado. Therefore what I am telling u in essence is that all these your grandiose business ideas might sometimes not work if your target market have low purchasing power parity which u have not addressed in your right. You seem to be a young boy in age with the way you have been talking since. Your enthusiasm is good but u look naive....

3 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2022
All the businesses Ariesbull has been mentioning up and down can be equally done successfully by any Nigerian living in an advanced society if the person has the acumen for business I will rather be a businessman in a country that has stability and certainty than in a shithole which Nigeria is. Business needs a conduciveness of environment and certainty in policies, cost structure to succeed over the long term. Nigeria cannot provide that right now despite the 200 million population u have been flying all along. Dem no dey give gold medal for stubbornly staying in the shithole but I will tell Ariesbull this: You will make ten times more money in America or Europe with these your business ideas than in Nigeria where u know what your electricity cost, staff cost etc would be monthly and not the undulating cost that u have in Nigeria that changes like wind. Diesel costs alone has made a lot of promising companies to fold up but u won't talk about that. I am not telling you to leave but Don't diceive yourself bro for being a local champion in that environment, you can achieve far more than that in a stable system.....That is my point

3 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 11:13am On Nov 12, 2022
Jyde81:

Guy, I have read your comments for so long now. The truth is you are giving folks a skewed version if the situation in Nigeria. All these business u are talking blah blah blah, have u ever factored in the risks involved in them? I mean the peculiar Nigerian risk like the human factor where if u are not hands on in the business your employee can just run away with company funds and assets?
Secondly have u looked at the potential high variable cost of doing business in Nigeria eg electricity, bribery etc?

Thirdly have u considered the instability in Government policies? I have once ran a successful agency banking business in Nigeria before the CBN came up with a stupid and ill-thought stamp duty charge of N50 per every N1000 policy which effectively killed my business.

Fourthly have u thought of the high insecurity situation that can impact your business when agberoos can just come to your business office and ask for ransom in which failure to give them can lead to vandalisation of your premises and nothing will happen...

There are risk in business but there are so many business risks that is peculiar to Nigeria which can kill the successful implementation of all those ideas u are mentioning up there which I are failing to put into cognizance in your arguments which is totally wrong and naive on your part. My wife ran a catfish business in Ado Ekiti before we left for the UK but it was not successful in Nigeria because people were pricing her catfish even below her costs which I just told her to leave the business after a while. Fast forward two years I have come to the UK to do my Masters in I.T and I came with my wife. She resurrected that same business here and it was successful because people where not ridiculously pricing her fish below purchasing cost like what was obtainable in Ado. Therefore what I am telling u in essence is that all these your grandiose business ideas might sometimes not work if your target market have low purchasing power parity which u have not addressed in your right. You seem to be a young boy in age with the way you have been talking since. Your enthusiasm is good but u look naive....
rants you need a business consultant for the cat fish business ! You don't start selling catfish in a Neighborhood where income are low and filed with okada Rider and house boys ! Move your catfish business to where middle and upper class Nigerians live ! .move it to lekki ,surulere ,Apapa Ajah ,Mogodo , Festact . Gwaripha ,wuse ,bompai etc . All.have control of the entire cycle from breeding to roasting to control cash flow and income . With that you wife will have a farm ,old room and a roasting joints near a Major drinking bar . That why petrol company has Depot ,vessel truck and fuel.station
.una.no.sabi business .U must control the sale points to survive
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2022
Munamoqel:
rants you need a business consultant for the cat fish business ! You don't start selling catfish in a Neighborhood where income are low and filed with okada Rider and house boys ! Move your catfish business to where middle and upper class Nigerians live ! .move it to lekki ,surulere ,Apapa Ajah ,Mogodo , Festact . Gwaripha ,wuse ,bompai etc . All.have control of the entire cycle from breeding to roasting to control cash flow and income . With that you wife will have a farm ,old room and a roasting joints near a Major drinking bar . That why petrol company has Depot ,vessel truck and fuel.station
.una.no.sabi business .U must control the sale points to survive
This are the issues I have with some of you young people in Nigeria who are inexperienced but think they have knowledge base to lecture people all over the place.
I mentioned Ado Ekiti and not Lagos....Comprehend before u reply? Secondly who told u it was not located in a high brow area? I will say again; there are a lot of factors associated with business in Nigeria and you need to have a holistic scoping if all your SWOT(Strength, weakness, opportunity and Threats) before advising people about entrepreneurship. You small boys here talk as if Business success is automatic GBAM if u start a business venture in Nigeria. It is not and please don't mislead people in that direction and mind u not everybidy here is cut out for the murky waters and uncertainties of business. Even in advanced economies where the economic climate is stable businesses still fail not talkless of an unstable environment like Naija where u have to provide your own diesel, security etc ...

The N15 million that writer used to process UK admission will most likely have gone down the drain if he has used it for business in Nigeria. That is the truth. Nothing is cast in stone over there. All u "know it alls" that are insulting him/her, let me tell u something, he didn't lose money. He will recover that money here within 18 months if he knows what he is doing. I am a testimony to that. I took the decision to leave Nigeria for a while to come and study here in Aberdeen and by the grace of the merciful God I have recouped the money we spent as my wife works from home as an HR Administrator and does contracts by supplying catfish berbecie to the African community. I too just recently started working as an I.T Business analyst. And we have one kid.
I was just laughing reading comments by all u kids who thinks u know it all about the UK but in reality does not know JACK. That people work in warehouse or security has never been our portion. I like the stability and certainty that these environment provides beyond all the short term gains u people think u are making in Naija.
Ask yourselfs with all the so called business ideas u have how come most Nigerian founded companies hardly survives up to 30, 40, 50 years Come to Scotland here and see family run businesses that have lasted 7 generations and still whasking strong..... I will get there too when I fully settle down. Businesses that can stand the test of time...

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2022
Jyde81:

This are the issues I have with some of you young people in Nigeria who are inexperienced but think they have knowledge base to lecture people all over the place.
I mentioned Ado Ekiti and not Lagos....Comprehend before u reply? Secondly who told u it was not located in a high brow area? I will say again; there are a lot of factors associated with business in Nigeria and you need to have a holistic scoping if all your SWOT(Strength, weakness, opportunity and Threats) before advising people about entrepreneurship. You small boys here talk as if Business success is automatic GBAM if u start a business venture in Nigeria. It is not and please don't mislead people in that direction and mind u not everybidy here is cut out for the murky waters and uncertainties of business. Even in advanced economies where the economic climate is stable businesses still fail not talkless of an unstable environment like Naija where u have to provide your own diesel, security etc ...

The N15 million that writer used to process UK admission will most likely have gone down the drain if he has used it for business in Nigeria. That is the truth. Nothing is cast in stone over there. All u "know it alls" that are insulting him/her, let me tell u something, he didn't lose money. He will recover that money here within 18 months if he knows what he is doing. I am a testimony to that. I took the decision to leave Nigeria for a while to come and study here in Aberdeen and by the grace of the merciful God I have recouped the money we spent as my wife works from home as an HR Administrator and does contracts by supplying catfish berbecie to the African community. I too just recently started working as an I.T Business analyst. And we have one kid.
I was just laughing reading comments by all u kids who thinks u know it all about the UK but in reality does not know JACK. That people work in warehouse or security has never been our portion. I like the stability and certainty that these environment provides beyond all the short term gains u people think u are making in Naija.
Ask yourselfs with all the so called business ideas u have how come most Nigerian founded companies hardly survives up to 30, 40, 50 years Come to Scotland here and see family run businesses that have lasted 7 generations and still whasking strong..... I will get there too when I fully settle down. Businesses that can stand the test of time...
how many Nigerians are building businesses outside these shores? Only if that were true, mehn I would be so proud. All this your talk, people are still doing business and succeeding at it, albeit tough. But then again, not everyone is tough, knowledgeable, and skilled enough to do business. You were not good at managing the business end of. I have done mini-importation of different items, did agric with 4 hectares of corn and cassava, sold and still selling car diagnostic equipment, sold and still selling cars, now a distributor for Vitafoam. I have never made a loss! Never! I have realised ROI of btw 50-300%. The only venture I ever put my money and lost was gambling (mmm). Of course I knew it was Ponzi, but wanted to see if I could get in and get out quick, unfortunately I hook. Most of these businesses I did were particularly easier to achieve btw 2013 to 2020. 2021 and 2022 have been tougher. I was able to set up my life with business proceeds even far more than my salary. If you don't have it in you, you don't have it ni. You failed in that business, there would have been some lessons on how you could have done it better, despite the tough business environment, if you introspected enough.

Again, most Nigerians are not setting up businesses outside these shores, and I can say that anywhere. Also, doing business isn't affordable overseas either! Yes, I know some will abuse me for it, but our non-regulated nature make barrier to entry almost non-existent to float any small-scale business, as is even the business cost/overhead. Are you kidding me?? I can wake up one day and start a canteen here. Do you know the regulations and requirements I would need to meet to do that in a first world country? Taxes nko? Once money dey, bizniz go start here asap. No time.

Ps I resigned from my last job and paid employment Feb 2020. 3 years later, many economic storms later, I still stand gidigba. That should tell you something.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2022
Jyde81:
All the businesses Ariesbull has been mentioning up and down can be equally done successfully by any Nigerian living in an advanced society if the person has the acumen for business I will rather be a businessman in a country that has stability and certainty than in a shithole which Nigeria is. Business needs a conduciveness of environment and certainty in policies, cost structure to succeed over the long term. Nigeria cannot provide that right now despite the 200 million population u have been flying all along. Dem no dey give gold medal for stubbornly staying in the shithole but I will tell Ariesbull this: You will make ten times more money in America or Europe with these your business ideas than in Nigeria where u know what your electricity cost, staff cost etc would be monthly and not the undulating cost that u have in Nigeria that changes like wind. Diesel costs alone has made a lot of promising companies to fold up but u won't talk about that. I am not telling you to leave but Don't diceive yourself bro for being a local champion in that environment, you can achieve far more than that in a stable system.....That is my point
blablabla

Which society is conducive or don't we have economic problems in Europe as they are having now

Oga there are places that businesses thrives more and the fact that in Nigeria the population is about 200 million and the market is huge... You can't compare the market of 200 million with that of 30 million in Ireland

We have relaxed ecosystem for business to thrive such as tax holidays and market accessibility etc... Unlike Europe

How many Nigerians are doing these businesses in Europe, Canada and America... Let's tell ourselves the truth. What Nigerians do more is sell Nigerian food business and restaurant...

If it's easy to be done ij developed countries how many Nigerians are doing such businesses like having an IT firm, building solid clis solutions for SME etc
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 12:33pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
how many Nigerians are building businesses outside this shores? Only if that were true, mehn I would be so proud. All this your talk, people are still doing business and succeeding at it, albeit tough. But then again, not everyone is tough, knowledgeable, and skilled enough to do business. You were not good at managing the business end of. I have done mini-importation of different items, did agric with 4 hectares of corn and cassava, sold and still selling car diagnostic equipment, sold and still selling cars, now a distributor for Vitafoam. I have never made a loss! Never! I have realised ROI of btw 50-300%. The only venture I ever put my money and lost was gambling (mmm). Of course I knew it was Ponzi, but wanted to see if I could get in and get out quick, unfortunately I hook. Most of these businesses I did were particularly easier to achieve btw 2013 to 2020. 2021 and 2022 have been tougher. I was able to set up my life with business proceeds even far more than my salary. If you don't have it in you, you don't have it ni. You failed in that business, there would have been some lessons on how you could have done it better, despite the tough business environment, if you introspected enough.

Again, most Nigerians are not setting up businesses outside these shores, and I can say that anywhere. Also, doing business isn't affordable overseas either! Yes, I know some will abuse me for it, but our non-regulated nature make barrier to entry almost non-existent to post any small-scale business, as is even the business cost/overhead. Are you kidding me?? I can wake up one day and start a canteen. Do you know the regulations and requirements I would need to meet to do that in a first world country? Taxes nko? Once money dey, bizniz go start here asap. No time.

Here u come again. please not everyone is stupid here please and stop playing with our intelligence by saying you have never made a loss in business. Look at this one telling me I am not skilled in business hence the loss. You are a small boy who has a very skewed and limited view about life hence living in illusions. Is it possible for all citizens of a country to be good in business? Abeg wake up from your slumber and talk better talk jare..Haba! Wetin we no go hear from pikins on nairaland. Even Dangote, Bill Gates, Jim Oviia, Tony Elumelu et Al make huge losses in business not to now talk of a kid like you. What the hell do you know and which "business" do you do. Continue to leave in fools paradise, you will soon know what's up soon.

You people who talk about taxes overseas are nothing but criminals to put it frankly. That mindset is environmentally and background driven. That u evade taxes in Nigeria doesn't make it good and u are one of the main reasons that system is not working for this mondset. Why are u running from taxes? So u want the government to provide infrastructure or functioning properly without u playing your own role by paying your own fair share in taxes after making huge profits that u claim u make? Wickedness!!! Does that make u a responsible person? I have realized all these people complaining about abroad are irresponsible Nigerian citizens who just want to milk a system without paying their own dues to that same system in way of taxes to make it functioning....A big Turn off

3 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2022
Those of us who pay taxes even right from Nigeria have not turn to paupers overnight as a result of doing so. It is the right thing to do. No Government can function properly without taxes from the citizens
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
how many Nigerians are building businesses outside these shores? Only if that were true, mehn I would be so proud. All this your talk, people are still doing business and succeeding at it, albeit tough. But then again, not everyone is tough, knowledgeable, and skilled enough to do business. You were not good at managing the business end of. I have done mini-importation of different items, did agric with 4 hectares of corn and cassava, sold and still selling car diagnostic equipment, sold and still selling cars, now a distributor for Vitafoam. I have never made a loss! Never! I have realised ROI of btw 50-300%. The only venture I ever put my money and lost was gambling (mmm). Of course I knew it was Ponzi, but wanted to see if I could get in and get out quick, unfortunately I hook. Most of these businesses I did were particularly easier to achieve btw 2013 to 2020. 2021 and 2022 have been tougher. I was able to set up my life with business proceeds even far more than my salary. If you don't have it in you, you don't have it ni. You failed in that business, there would have been some lessons on how you could have done it better, despite the tough business environment, if you introspected enough.

Again, most Nigerians are not setting up businesses outside these shores, and I can say that anywhere. Also, doing business isn't affordable overseas either! Yes, I know some will abuse me for it, but our non-regulated nature make barrier to entry almost non-existent to float any small-scale business, as is even the business cost/overhead. Are you kidding me?? I can wake up one day and start a canteen. Do you know the regulations and requirements I would need to meet to do that in a first world country? Taxes nko? Once money dey, bizniz go start here asap. No time.

Ps I resigned from my last job and paid employment Feb 2020. 3 years later, many economic storms later, I still stand gidigba. That should tell you something.

You are right.... There is opportunities here... The only challange is access to good credit facilities

Nigerians aren't doing any business in Europe or America or Canada.. It isn't easy to do that. They only do is sell african clothes, foods and bar that's all... Only very few of them

It is even Nigerians based in Nigeria here that go there to do business and come back those of Nigerians living in Canada are contended with their 3 jobs per day and earning hourly wages and living on credit cards or some social Supprt..

Before you even start business you will get the necessary permits and trust me it ain't easy
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2022
Guys, let me tell u something. Please anyone whom Nigeria is not working for and wants to relocate should feel free to do so without inhibitions. The caveat there is you should know what you are doing and have transferable skills. You must have something to offer in terms of tangible and solid skills that can improve the system of the host country you are relocating to. No society wants a liability. I have seen both sides of the divide and know which one is better. Also when you get to your destination try and avoid Naija people as much as you can for the first one year. Many of them generate bad energy. Mix with the locals, explore and you will discover a lot of possibilities. Know these and know peace. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2022
Jyde81:

Here u come again. please not everyone is stupid here please and stop playing with our intelligence by saying you have never made a loss in business. Look at this one telling me I am not skilled in business hence the loss. You are a small boy who has a very skewed and limited view about life hence living in illusions. Is it possible for all citizens of a country to be good in business? Abeg wake up from your slumber and talk better talk jare..Haba! Wetin we no go hear from pikins on nairaland. Even Dangote, Bill Gates, Jim Oviia, Tony Elumelu et Al make huge losses in business not to now talk of a kid like you. What the hell do you know and which "business" do you do. Continue to leave in fools paradise, you will soon know what's up soon.

You people who talk about taxes overseas are nothing but criminals to put it frankly. That mindset is environmentally and background driven. That u evade taxes in Nigeria doesn't make it good and u are one of the main reasons that system is not working for this mondset. Why are u running from taxes? So u want the government to provide infrastructure or functioning properly without u playing your own role by paying your own fair share in taxes after making huge profits that u claim u make? Wickedness!!! Does that make u a responsible person? I have realized all these people complaining about abroad are irresponsible Nigerian citizens who just want to milk a system without paying their own dues to that same system in way of taxes to make it functioning....A big Turn off
I haven't made a loss in business in 9 years. I lost money gambling doing MMM. Next on my list is a pharmacy, which I hope to grow into a chain of pharmacies. I hope to solidify the Vitafoam bizniz and the pharmacy as the family businesses that will stand the test of time. Please, wish me well. Some of us also don't mind thriving right here in the midst of the 200million+ strong market. Stop being so negative. Yea, I'm a business man, and you don't know my tax status. I simply shared a point on the state of affairs as of today, which is that your tax worries in Nigeria are smaller as a businessman compared to your tax worries overseas. Also, tax evasion and avoidance are diff ask Trump, plus I'm not loyal to Naija. Naija hasn't done shit for me. Stop projecting your failure in Nigeria to mean everyone will fail in Nigeria. Not everyone will leave Nigeria, only a blockhead will expect or even imagine that. Have you relocated your entire family tree yet? If not I will borrow your words and call you wicked for leaving anyone you claim to love in Nigeria.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
Jyde81:

I am an igbo man and Business is in me

Your wife made a very bad decision.. She couldn't scale her business in Ekiti.. If they can't price her catfish in Ekiti she should try Lagos market period... Must she sell life catfish. Why can't she process it. If I am to even run a catfish business I will do that in Ekiti... Why?

Cheap labour... Ekiti will not be my market! I don't need to sell for the guys in Ekiti, I need to seek the clients in Lagos, Abuja, onitsha, Port Harcourt... I don't know why people find these basic business instincts hard.

Let me break it down... Bangladesh produces lots of clothes... They don't look at Bangladesh marhet but American and European market... That is what is called market survey and consumer response

Your wife and you did badly... You produce cat fish in Ekiti, you have access to cheap labour, cheap taxation and cheap cost of production what a smart entrepreneur will do is open up distribution channels in major market and penetrate it with reasonable prices. It is called go to market approach and you must also know that for you to do such a distribution you must add value. So the value here isn't selling raw catfish.. Any idiot can do that.. You must process it, have it smoked to a good way and get the packaging right... She can even be supplying overseas

Dude you have internet use it to do marketing and hit the grounds running... All these wey you dey give na excuse sir. The marejt dynamics have changed and trust me...

I can bet you that your wife doesn't have a catfish farm in that place you guys are... You can't do such a business there... Without having the facilities like coldroom etc. Oyibo no de do point and kill.... Abeg

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2022
ariesbull:

Your wife made a very bad decision.. She couldn't scale her business in Ekiti.. If they can't price her catfish in Ekiti she should try Lagos market period... Must she sell life catfish. Why can't she process it. If I am to even run a catfish business I will do that in Ekiti... Why?

Cheap labour... Ekiti will not be my market! I don't need to sell for the guys in Ekiti, I need to seek the clients in Lagos, Abuja, onitsha, Port Harcourt... I don't know why people find these basic business instincts hard.

Let me break it down... Bangladesh produces lots of clothes... They don't look at Bangladesh marhet but American and European market... That is what is called market survey and consumer response

Your wife and you did badly... You produce cat fish in Ekiti, you have access to cheap labour, cheap taxation and cheap cost of production what a smart entrepreneur will do is open up distribution channels in major market and penetrate it with reasonable prices. It is called go to market approach and you must also know that for you to do such a distribution you must add value. So the value here isn't selling raw catfish.. Any idiot can do that.. You must process it, have it smoked to a good way and get the packaging right... She can even be supplying overseas

Dude you have internet use it to do marketing and hit the grounds running... All these wey you dey give na excuse sir. The marejt dynamics have changed and trust me...

I can bet you that your wife doesn't have a catfish farm in that place you guys are... You can't do such a business there... Without having the facilities like coldroom etc. Oyibo no de do point and kill.... Abeg
Did u read the part where I mentioned catfish berbecie? And yes she does it. She prepares it from home and markets it through instagram. As I type now that is what she is doing. That u come on visiting doesn't mean u know how things work here. You don't. When u come on an immigrant visa like Tier 4, Tier 2 or even Tier 1 you will understand a lot more about a system works better
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2022
ariesbull:

You are right.... There is opportunities here... The only challange is access to good credit facilities

Nigerians aren't doing any business in Europe or America or Canada.. It isn't easy to do that. They only do is sell african clothes, foods and bar that's all... Only very few of them

It is even Nigerians based in Nigeria here that go there to do business and come back those of Nigerians living in Canada are contended with their 3 jobs per day and earning hourly wages and living on credit cards or some social Supprt..

Before you even start business you will get the necessary permits and trust me it ain't easy
I agree with you entirely on this part but the there are still Nigerians who do business over here. I think the main reasons why some don't do business is because they have not solidified their stay and don't want to be caught on the wrong end of the law.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2022
Also, since we are having a discussion on business, which I am passionate about, it is important you understand that book theories and knowledge doesn't apply to Naija. I hope someone learns this. Book theories and book economics doesn't apply to Naija. Know this and know peace. You need to learn about the Business before diving in, kinda like an apprentice. I didn't do apprenticeship perse, but I worked in pharma industry for 6years as a rep and as manager, so I have learnt the pathway to thrive in that business. I was a manager at Vitafoam for 3years, also in commercial side of the business, so I learnt the pathway to thrive in the business. If you use MBA knowledge (which I had anyway) you go fail dem go hear for heaven. All the other investment wey I try too were tailor made for my skillset, I sell, manage people that sell, train people to sell for a living, so it comes naturally to me.

Nigeria should have a bespoke book of its own, too bad our researchers are not considering leading the pack, but rather following the pack. I saw a video sometime ago of a white man explaining the importance of ensuring that Africa remains poor, so they can get the resources cheap (including human resources, as we can see playing out), and one of the ways he mentioned they will do this is by controlling even the educational institutions and the kind of knowledge that 'should' be dished out to Africans to keep them right they want them to be. I keep believing that leaked lecture (genuine or not) with each passing day.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
I haven't made a loss in business in 9 years. I lost money gambling doing MMM. Next on my list is a pharmacy, which I hope to grow into a chain of pharmacies. I hope to solidify the Vitafoam bizniz and the pharmacy as the family businesses that will stand the test of time. Please, wish me well. Some of us also don't mind thriving right here in the midst of the 200million+ strong market. Stop being so negative. Yea, I'm a business man, and you don't know my tax status. I simply shared a point which is the state of affairs as of today, which is that your tax worries in Nigeria are smaller as a businessman compared to your tax worries overseas. Also, tax evasion and avoidance are diff ask Trump, plus I'm not loyal to Naija. Naija hasn't done shit for me. Stop projecting your failure in Nigeria to mean everyone will fail in Nigeria. Not everyone will leave Nigeria, only a blockhead will expect or even imagine that. Have you relocated your entire family tree yet? If not I will borrow your words and call you wicked for leaving anyone you claim to love in Nigeria.
Stop contradicting yourself. Nigeria hasn't done anything for you but at the same time you have not made a business loss in that same Nigeria for 9 years hence justifying your not paying taxes. Bro pay your taxes, you are selfish and wicked!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2022
Jyde81:
Stop contradicting yourself. Nigeria hasn't done anything for you but at the same time you have not made a business loss in that same Nigeria for 9 years hence justifying your not paying taxes. Bro pay your taxes, you are selfish and wicked!!!
you are stupid. I made that money by working my ass off in a private company. I saved, racked my brain, I invested, and kept at it and I'm still keeping at it, and I got my desired result. Not as much as a loan or grant. I owe Nigeria nothing. If anything, Nigeria owes me, cos it earns from me, and i'm reducing its unemployment figures. Can't say same for you, troll . Blame your dullness for your life's woes.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2022
Jyde81:
I agree with you entirely on this part but the there are still Nigerians who do business over here. I think the main reasons why some don't do business is because they have not solidified their stay and don't want to be caught on the wrong end of the law.
even 20yrs ago Nigerians don't do business in Canada, USA or UK.. Oga e no easy

Sheby u go chop beleful first, pay your bill secondly and pay your credit card debts and students debt or mortgage before you can have the mind to set up business and grow it.

It is a rat race... They can't do business there trust me. The system is against them! They have lots of things to contend with. Which yoke you wan take do the business when you are jumping from one job to another... How will you do the Mather survey
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2022
ariesbull:

see how he started oo. I pointed out to him say shey na so easy to start bizniz for there? Now he agrees! Why didn't he state that earlier? The failed catfish farmer resorted to stupid rants as usu. Once you point out the holes in their story, they just cry like babies.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
Also, since we are having a discussion on business, which I am passionate about, it is import you understand that book theories and knowledge doesn't apply to Naija. I hope someone learns this. Book theories and book economics doesn't apply to Naija. Know this and know peace. You need to learn about the Business before diving in, kinda like an apprentice. I didn't do apprenticeship perse, but I worked in pharma industry for 6years as a rep and as manager, so I have learnt the pathway to thrive in that business. I was a manager at Vitafoam for 3years, also in commercial side of the business, so I learnt the pathway to thrive in the business. If you use MBA knowledge (which I had anyway) you go fail dem go hear for heaven. All the other investment wey I try too were tailor made for my skillset, I sell, mange people that sell, train people to sell for a living, so it comes naturally to me.

Nigeria should have a bespoke book of its own, too bad our researchers are not considering leading the pack, but rather following the pack. I saw a video sometime ago of a white man explaining the importance of ensuring that Africa remains poor, so they can get the resources cheap (including human resources, as we can see playing out), and one of the ways he mentioned they will do this is by controlling even the educational institutions and the kind of knowledge that 'should' be dished out to Africans to keep them right they want them to be. I keep believing that leaked lecture (genuine or not) with each passing day.

Nigerians in abruad are cheap resources and labour.. The Whiteman knows this and they can't grow above a certain level or above it. That is the truth

That is why you can't find up to 5% of Nigerians in abruad doing or creating jobs and values in their societies... They just do this hourly wage and jump from one job to another... The society designed it that way. They can't think of even opening a business! Or an organization their own is get skillet, work work and work till they get to 70s then get depressed and think of way home
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
see how he started oo. I pointed out to him say shey na so easy to start bizniz for there? Now he agrees! Why didn't he state that earlier? The failed catfish farmer resorted to stupid rants as usu. Once you point out the holes in their story, they just cry like babies.
having catfish in Ekiti doesn't mean that you must sell to Ekiti folks it is simple business

Aba people are known for clothes and fashion but they don't sell to Abia state.. They sell to people as far as Lagos, Ghana, Togo, cotobou etc...

I don't know why they find simple business processes hard to understand

Tufiakwa ndia
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
You have serious comprehension issues, what I said was that I agreed Nigerians needed to go into business more. I never said economic reasons hindered them. You that can't comprehend things easily is talking about been successful in business....Illusions!!! Clown...
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
I am a pretty young guy, but old too. How do I mean? I'm in my 30's. If I move now, how many years will I have to begin all over again, working and saving to start a bizniz overseas, knowing fully well that it is integral to me being fulfilled. I love being in charge, I have paid my dues. How many years would I have to work now added to my age, to be able to setup a flourishing and standard business. They think starting a business overseas is beans. I estimate maybe in my 50s at the earliest. I trust God for where I will be in my 50s, even if na here. But if God has diff plans, I don't know. I do know that I am not about to start over especially when I still know what I am doing and haven't failed like catfish farmer.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2022
Jyde81:
You have serious comprehension issues, what I said was that I agreed Nigerians needed to go into business more. I never said economic reasons hindered them. You that can't comprehend things easily is talking about been successful in business....Illusions!!! Clown...
economic reasons are hindering them. Like the others before you, you don't know jack about what you are saying. Even the online your wife is doing, when regulatory officials catch her you will know wasup. I hope they catch you soon. Rubbish

It is easy abi. Go and start a business, any business there, make sure it is a trackable business, not the one you are doing in hiding now, do an open business. That is when I'll take back my words that you know what you are saying. Until then, shut the f up!
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2022
Jyde81:
Did u read the part where I mentioned catfish berbecie? And yes she does it. She prepares it from home and markets it through instagram. As I type now that is what she is doing. That u come on visiting doesn't mean u know how things work here. You don't. When u come on an immigrant visa like Tier 4, Tier 2 or even Tier 1 you will understand a lot more about a system works better
oga your stories get lots of holes... Catfish I see a lot of people bring fish from maiduguri smoked and packaged and sell in Lagos

Dude your story no dey enter at all... Find another story spin
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2022
ariesbull:
having catfish in Ekiti doesn't mean that you must sell to Ekiti folks it is simple business

Aba people are known for clothes and fashion but they don't sell to Abia state.. They sell to people as far as Lagos, Ghana, Togo, cotobou etc...

I don't know why they find simple business processes hard to understand

Tufiakwa ndia
Guy shut up! I was working in Ekiti then in the Bank. Do you expect my wife to leave me and come to Lagos to be doing catfish business. People's realities are different and stop been all over the place just to make misplaced points. Most of your business ideas look good on paper but are not realistic at all. I can bet u are a failure in business but just trying to console your self over here. It further buttresses my point that u are a small boy. Let me ask u are u married sef?

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (43) (Reply)

Many Policemen Die In Ondo Auto Accident (Disturbing Photos) / World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) / The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.