Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,817 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? (70054 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TWoods(m): 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
how many Nigerians are building businesses outside these shores? Only if that were true, mehn I would be so proud. All this your talk, people are still doing business and succeeding at it, albeit tough. But then again, not everyone is tough, knowledgeable, and skilled enough to do business. You were not good at managing the business end of. I have done mini-importation of different items, did agric with 4 hectares of corn and cassava, sold and still selling car diagnostic equipment, sold and still selling cars, now a distributor for Vitafoam. I have never made a loss! Never! I have realised ROI of btw 50-300%. The only venture I ever put my money and lost was gambling (mmm). Of course I knew it was Ponzi, but wanted to see if I could get in and get out quick, unfortunately I hook. Most of these businesses I did were particularly easier to achieve btw 2013 to 2020. 2021 and 2022 have been tougher. I was able to set up my life with business proceeds even far more than my salary. If you don't have it in you, you don't have it ni. You failed in that business, there would have been some lessons on how you could have done it better, despite the tough business environment, if you introspected enough.

Again, most Nigerians are not setting up businesses outside these shores, and I can say that anywhere. Also, doing business isn't affordable overseas either! Yes, I know some will abuse me for it, but our non-regulated nature make barrier to entry almost non-existent to float any small-scale business, as is even the business cost/overhead. Are you kidding me?? I can wake up one day and start a canteen. Do you know the regulations and requirements I would need to meet to do that in a first world country? Taxes nko? Once money dey, bizniz go start here asap. No time.

Ps I resigned from my last job and paid employment Feb 2020. 3 years later, many economic storms later, I still stand gidigba. That should tell you something.

Hahahaha these criminal clowns. So basically you're saying Nigeria is a lawless zoo that you rip off by avoiding taxes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TWoods(m): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
I am a pretty young guy, but old too. How do I mean? I'm in my 30's. If I move now, how many years will I have to begin all over again, working and saving to start a bizniz overseas, knowing fully well that it is integral to me being fulfilled. I love being in charge, I have paid my dues. How many years would I have to work now added to my age, to be able to setup a flourishing and standard business. They think starting a business overseas is beans. I estimate maybe in my 50s at the earliest. I trust God for where I will be in my 50s, even if na here. But if God has diff plans, I don't know. I do know that I am not about to start over especially when I still know what I am doing and haven't failed like catfish farmer.

So you're basically a fraud who is only championing your "business" in Nigeria because you are afraid of having to start over in a foreign country. Which is why you were asking as recently as 2 months ago about business visas in Canada? cheesy cheesy Given a chance, you'll be first in line for a foreign visa with your begging bowl, "if God has diff plans" of course. grin
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TWoods(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
I hold you? I just like intellectual discourse, not old-wives tales, from a man for that matter.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TWoods(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2022
elijah101:
Treadway … u get time … whats is your issue gon gon with people traveling abroad … because this no be argument anymore … this na personal matter … whats your angle … why e dey pain you say them decide not to stay in Nigeria

Lol one of the reasons I just stopped bothering with him... it's obvious this is personal to him, not an "intellectual discourse" as he pretends. My best guess is he must have tried leaving Nigeria at some point and it didn't work for him... he sounds more bitter than anything else.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2022
TWoods:

So you're basically a fraud who is only championing your "business" in Nigeria because you are afraid of having to start over in a foreign country. Which is why you were asking as recently as 2 months ago about business visas in Canada? cheesy cheesy Given a chance, you'll be first in line for a foreign visa with your begging bowl, "if God has diff plans" of course. grin
yea I want to go to Canada with an idea that will change the world..not to live like you just slithering through with no impact or central purpose. Happy?
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TWoods(m): 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
yea I want to go to Canada with an idea that will change the world..not to live like you just slithering through with no impact or central purpose. Happy?

So basically you're a man with no character, a crook who "runs" a business by avoiding your tax obligations... a man who isn't really fulfilled in Nigeria but is mewling about being a financial "success" because he has no other choice. A man who takes advantage of the lawless state of Nigeria to keep his financial head desperately above water. When you mentioned the number of "businesses" you were into (car parts, cars, foam...) i knew exactly who you were... a bumbling fool, desperately throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks. You don't have any ideas to change Agodi in Ibadan (vitafoam won't do it buddy, neither will shilling it here on NL)... and you think you will change the world? grin grin

My dear, make up your mind... abroad isn't all it's cracked up to be, yet you want to go to Canada. What happened to your inverters? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2022
TWoods:

So basically you're a man with no character, a crook who "runs" a business by avoiding your tax obligations... a man who isn't really fulfilled in Nigeria but is mewling about being a financial "success" because he has no other choice. A man who takes advantage of the lawless state of Nigeria to keep his financial head desperately above water. When you mentioned the number of "businesses" you were into (car parts, cars, foam...) i knew exactly who you were... a bumbling fool, desperately throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks. You don't have any ideas to change Agodi in Ibadan (vitafoam won't do it buddy, neither will shilling it here on NL)... and you think you will change the world? grin grin

My dear, make up your mind... abroad isn't all it's cracked up to be, yet you want to go to Canada. What happened to your inverters? cheesy cheesy
nah this one has the potential to change the world. You cant comprehend it. I considered Canada as we don't have the supporting technologies for it here yet. Not going there to be a simpleton without a purpose like you. I know my purpose, I have clarity on that.

Meanwhile, Izzy Vs Pereira na im dey my mind now. Maybe we continue this later. K
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Hybkay(m): 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2022
Following this thread religiously... grin grin grin
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TWoods(m): 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
nah this one has the potential to change the world. You cant comprehend it. I considered Canada as we don't have the supporting technologies for it here yet. Not going there to be a simpleton without a purpose like you. I know my purpose, I have clarity on that.

Meanwhile, Izzy Vs Pereira na im dey my mind now. Maybe we continue this later. K

Don't worry, I'm sure you can get an inverter to solve the problem... mind you, internet service is cheaper in Nigeria bah? cheesy cheesy

As someone said, you are a naked opportunist, a man without character or integrity. All you have "clarity" on is money and nothing else.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2022
TWoods:

Don't worry, I'm sure you can get an inverter to solve the problem... mind you, internet service is cheaper in Nigeria bah? cheesy cheesy

As someone said, you are a naked opportunist, a man without character or integrity. All you have "clarity" on is money and nothing else.
yea I established this with facts, even tho it still flew past your numbskull. At least I have the clarity, what do you have? Even with a million dollars I am sure you can't achieve much in terms of growing or doubling it. Like the parable of talents, I know mine and have doubled my five to ten. You are sleeping safely in the west having buried yours

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TWoods(m): 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
yea I established this with facts, even tho it still flew past your numbskull. At least I have the clarity, what do you have? Even with a million dollars I am sure you can't achieve much in terms of growing or doubling it. Like the parable of talents, I know mine and have doubled my five to ten. You are sleeping safely in the west having buried yours

So why are you looking to leave for Canada then? You've got an inverter, cheap internet, and sell foams for a living in Ibadan... what further purpose are you seeking in Canada? See that's the problem with opportunistic morons like you... in thread after thread after thread that you have commented on here in the travel section, it's the same attitude from you - abusive buffoonery, arrogant idiocy, steadfast, irredeemable ignorance, blinded only by your own delusions of grandeur. This has never been about travel or no travel for you... it's been 100% personal, smacking of bitter anger that you failed where others prospered. Nigeria is so great, yet here you are, when no one is looking, sliding into others' DMs, asking for info on how to obtain a business visa to Canada. In the interim, openly, you make yourself feel better by the over-the-top noise-making and endless chest-beating odes to your own greatness... who cares whether you double or triple your talents... to each his own.

Your sneering tone now makes sense... the questions you ask aren't really to those abroad, they are an expression of your own fears and frustrations. You want to leave Nigeria... you want to go live in Canada... but you're afraid. You've seen your friends and colleagues try and fail. You've seen them leave what you consider thriving jobs in Nigeria to end up in dead-end jobs here. So you fear that you really don't have marketable skills that can translate to a good job here... selling foam in Ibadan will guarantee you end up at McDonald's here. Besides, you're close to your 40s, too late/old to start over... so you double down... Nigeria is all you've got... selling foam and preening about how cheap internet cost is in Nigeria. Those are the antics of a coward, paralyzed by fear while claiming to have ideas to save the world. cheesy I'll give you some credit though, you do have clarity... clarity on the futility of your current position with respect to the lack of transferability of any skills you might have to the western world.

Happy foam selling in agodi by the way... cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2022
TWoods:

So why are you looking to leave for Canada then? You've got an inverter, cheap internet, and sell foams for a living in Ibadan... what further purpose are you seeking in Canada? See that's the problem with opportunistic morons like you... in thread after thread after thread that you have commented on here in the travel section, it's the same attitude from you - abusive buffoonery, arrogant idiocy, steadfast, irredeemable ignorance, blinded only by your own delusions of grandeur. This has never been about travel or no travel for you... it's been 100% personal, smacking of bitter anger that you failed where others prospered. Nigeria is so great, yet here you are, when no one is looking, sliding into others' DMs, asking for info on how to obtain a business visa to Canada. In the interim, openly, you make yourself feel better by the over-the-top noise-making and endless chest-beating odes to your own greatness... who cares whether you double or triple your talents... to each his own.

Your sneering tone now makes sense... the questions you ask aren't really to those abroad, they are an expression of your own fears and frustrations. You want to leave Nigeria... you want to go live in Canada... but you're afraid. You've seen your friends and colleagues try and fail. You've seen them leave what you consider thriving jobs in Nigeria to end up in dead-end jobs here. So you fear that you really don't have marketable skills that can translate to a good job here... selling foam in Ibadan will guarantee you end up at McDonald's here. Besides, you're close to your 40s, too late/old to start over... so you double down... Nigeria is all you've got... selling foam and preening about how cheap internet cost is in Nigeria. Those are the antics of a coward, paralyzed by fear while claiming to have ideas to save the world. cheesy

Happy foam selling in agodi by the way... cheesy cheesy

thank you o. E no easy to take charge, na why you no fit. That is why I'm the MAN, and you are just another man working for the MAN. We aren't on the same level. You see the difference btw you and I is that, aside the fact that those colorful adjectives you reeled out up there are the best description of you, you don't have the power to see food chop if man like yourself no give you. You aim for the ceiling when you should be aiming for the stars. You are not impressive or special, and you are content with it, and it's okay. My last words to you and others like you, go fck yourselves and have a freaking orgy. It may well be the only exciting thing you will ever have going in your purposeless rudderless lives. Send some customers my way will ya, they are assured of great products at great prices. I'm out!

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 9:41pm On Nov 12, 2022
No
Munamoqel:
keep quiet and learn ! I was in Aberdeen ( top 20 ) not RGU.( Ranked 80) If you can't sell catfish in Ado ekiti that mean it a rural state /civil servant economy this is your first blunder you didn't study the purchasing power of ekiti .unlike Lagos where MC OLUOMO boys in park can order cat fish any how . You should just shut up if na ekiti you sabi . Ask inmadi for Alaba or Alh Musa running BDC how much he had made in 2 year with a capital of 15m with dinity in Nigeria while you do carehome low life jobs ? Don't assume you senior anybody here look well all this your ekiti rural behavior you be Senior .senior my ASS!
Who is this one?
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TWoods(m): 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
thank you o. E no easy, na why you no fit. You see the difference btw you and I is that, aside the fact that those colorful adjectives you reeled out up there are the best description of you, you don't have the power to see food chop if man like yourself no give you. You aim for the ceiling when you should be aiming for the stars. You are not impressive or special, and you are content with it, and it's okay. My last words to you and others like you, go fck yourselves and have a freaking orgy. It may well be the only exciting thing you will ever have going in your purposeless rudderless lives. Send some customers my way will ya, they are assured of great products at great prices. I'm out!

If aiming for the stars or being impressive or special is selling mattresses at Agodi, Ibadan... then I'm all good with a humdrum life. Thanks man! cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Jyde81: 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2022
TWoods:

Hahahaha these criminal clowns. So basically you're saying Nigeria is a lawless zoo that you rip off by avoiding taxes?
Don't mind the Clown....
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2022
Jyde81:
NoWho is this one?
you papa !
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by arena07: 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2022
Treadway:
oponu and olodo...bad ass combo
Hmmmm have you visited the hospital? Your next post will determine if you still need help or not....
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
AnitaofEurope:
I
Guy rest
pEople full UK embasssy they queue for visa o
No just go kill yourself with all these ones
Them no Dey hear you
Them Dey embassy like this
So stop wasting your time ��
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2022
See person driving a benz 2019 C lass sold it japa to the UK and start driving this toy and even with that Uk go they charge park parking fees and road fees up and down .how it that progress . We hope to move from Benz 2019 to Benz 2024 now to a toy . it bandwagon effect

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 8:07am On Nov 14, 2022
Munamoqel:
See person driving a benz 2019 C lass sold it japa to the UK and start driving this toy and even with that Uk go they charge park parking fees and road fees up and down .how it that progress . We hope to move from Benz 2019 to Benz 2024 now to a toy . it bandwagon effect
please compare see Najia ride

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by gassbee: 10:31am On Nov 14, 2022
Aareona:

Don't mind them. A friend who just got into Canada this year made his first $1B this year too. His monthly salary in McDonald is about $15M USD. no sane person will listen to discouragement about relocating abroad. Abroad is home and we must all strive and labor to make it better
You mean he left Nigeria to Canada and within a year he is already earning $15M USD per month
wat position is he holding in Macdonald that he is earning $15M USD just within a year.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Hybkay(m): 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2022
gassbee:
You mean he left Nigeria to Canada and within a year he is already earning $15M USD per month
wat position is he holding in Macdonald that he is earning $15M USD just within a year.
he's being sarcastic grin
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Hybkay(m): 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2022
Aareona:

He flips Burger and serve drinks. That's how much these guys make but won't tell u. Even beggars on the street of Canada make twice of that like $40M per month
grin grin grin
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2022
Aareona:

Don't mind them. A friend who just got into Canada this year made his first $1B this year too. His monthly salary in McDonald is about $15M USD. no sane person will listen to discouragement about relocating abroad. Abroad is home and we must all strive and labor to make it better
your sarcasm go Harvard bro, e com graduate summa cum laude join grin grin grin. Mad oh!

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by AnitaofEurope: 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2022
This una flipping burger talk is 2000 talk
Make una try come abroad come see for unaselves
gassbee:

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 9:22am On Nov 15, 2022
gassbee:
he is the CEO and the founder of MC DONALD'S

Why do you even listen to these guys
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 9:24am On Nov 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
even at that time the toy is being paid for by credit card
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ahiboilandgas: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2022
ariesbull:
even at that time the toy is being paid for by credit card
Good morning my japa members, my japa journey i most confess has been full of up and down and each time I I feel so Disappointed and discouraged on why did I come here but I can say here is better even though it’s has not been easy. Getting here we had issue of accommodation even up til now me,my wife and the new born baby has stay in a room and manage with an Kenyan woman and paying £700 while we have little access to stuffs cause of too much compliant each time we wanna cook she complains of of bill here and there and so we have to cook once a day despite the fact that my wife is breastfeeding though I will be ungrateful if I did not appreciate the fact that she took us in most especially when the social worker was on us and was about to collect our baby because we were staying at travel Logde before the arrival of the child.The situation got more worse when I discovered the home office has made a mistake in the condition of my brp with the present conditions stating no work no engaging in business and I have reported since last month and notin is forthcoming.
Please anyone that can help as regarding

Accommodation (not asking for free) but sometin more better.my wife schools at University of hertfordshire so if I can get sometin within but I won’t mind if it’s far as well as my present place is far as well so I won’t mind and if I can get someone to help on that issue of getting a cash in hand job and any means getting my brp fix I will Still appreciate it .

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2022
JESUS CHRIST...This is hell! how did you get to this level?

Lord is your strength bro.... keep a positive outlook in life, you will surmount. things like these are bit scary

But keep a positive attitude , you will survive

ahiboilandgas:
Good morning my japa members, my japa journey i most confess has been full of up and down and each time I I feel so Disappointed and discouraged on why did I come here but I can say here is better even though it’s has not been easy. Getting here we had issue of accommodation even up til now me,my wife and the new born baby has stay in a room and manage with an Kenyan woman and paying £700 while we have little access to stuffs cause of too much compliant each time we wanna cook she complains of of bill here and there and so we have to cook once a day despite the fact that my wife is breastfeeding though I will be ungrateful if I did not appreciate the fact that she took us in most especially when the social worker was on us and was about to collect our baby because we were staying at travel Logde before the arrival of the child.The situation got more worse when I discovered the home office has made a mistake in the condition of my brp with the present conditions stating no work no engaging in business and I have reported since last month and notin is forthcoming.
Please anyone that can help as regarding

Accommodation (not asking for free) but sometin more better.my wife schools at University of hertfordshire so if I can get sometin within but I won’t mind if it’s far as well as my present place is far as well so I won’t mind and if I can get someone to help on that issue of getting a cash in hand job and any means getting my brp fix I will Still appreciate it .

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ahiboilandgas: 11:13am On Nov 15, 2022
ariesbull:
JESUS CHRIST...This is hell! how did you get to this level?

Lord is your strength bro.... keep a positive outlook in life, you will surmount. things like these are bit scary

But keep a positive attitude , you will survive

not me a friend that recently moved so other can see what happening!

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany / The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.