Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? (70056 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by elijah101(m): 11:21am On Nov 15, 2022
why did you travel .. why did you not vacation in calabar ..
Munamoqel:
keep quiet and learn ! I was in Aberdeen ( top 20 ) not RGU.( Ranked 80) If you can't sell catfish in Ado ekiti that mean it a rural state /civil servant economy this is your first blunder you didn't study the purchasing power of ekiti .unlike Lagos where MC OLUOMO boys in park can order cat fish any how . You should just shut up if na ekiti you sabi . Ask inmadi for Alaba or Alh Musa running BDC how much he had made in 2 year with a capital of 15m with dinity in Nigeria while you do carehome low life jobs ? Don't assume you senior anybody here look well all this your ekiti rural behavior you be Senior .senior my ASS!
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by elijah101(m): 11:36am On Nov 15, 2022
this your friend don fail even before e enter uk , plan well before you japa so life go fit easy for you , for my brother we already had funds put together for one year accommodation on ground .. because as long as you have a place to sleep , your reasoning go make sense ..
ahiboilandgas:
not me a friend that recently moved so other can see what happening!
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by gassbee: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
is dat in d US
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
it's a pity... Such a pity
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Nezzjnr: 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Good morning my japa members, my japa journey i most confess has been full of up and down and each time I I feel so Disappointed and discouraged on why did I come here but I can say here is better even though it’s has not been easy. Getting here we had issue of accommodation even up til now me,my wife and the new born baby has stay in a room and manage with an Kenyan woman and paying £700 while we have little access to stuffs cause of too much compliant each time we wanna cook she complains of of bill here and there and so we have to cook once a day despite the fact that my wife is breastfeeding though I will be ungrateful if I did not appreciate the fact that she took us in most especially when the social worker was on us and was about to collect our baby because we were staying at travel Logde before the arrival of the child.The situation got more worse when I discovered the home office has made a mistake in the condition of my brp with the present conditions stating no work no engaging in business and I have reported since last month and notin is forthcoming.
Please anyone that can help as regarding

Accommodation (not asking for free) but sometin more better.my wife schools at University of hertfordshire so if I can get sometin within but I won’t mind if it’s far as well as my present place is far as well so I won’t mind and if I can get someone to help on that issue of getting a cash in hand job and any means getting my brp fix I will Still appreciate it .

Thanks in anticipation
Ahan

Ahib what went wrong??

Please tell me this is a joke abeg
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Nezzjnr: 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Ahhhhhhhh

I for say ooo
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by CountVersailles(f): 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2022
Jyde81:

Guy, I have read your comments for so long now. The truth is you are giving folks a skewed version if the situation in Nigeria. All these business u are talking blah blah blah, have u ever factored in the risks involved in them? I mean the peculiar Nigerian risk like the human factor where if u are not hands on in the business your employee can just run away with company funds and assets?
Secondly have u looked at the potential high variable cost of doing business in Nigeria eg electricity, bribery etc?

Thirdly have u considered the instability in Government policies? I have once ran a successful agency banking business in Nigeria before the CBN came up with a stupid and ill-thought stamp duty charge of N50 per every N1000 policy which effectively killed my business.

Fourthly have u thought of the high insecurity situation that can impact your business when agberoos can just come to your business office and ask for ransom in which failure to give them can lead to vandalisation of your premises and nothing will happen...

There are risk in business but there are so many business risks that is peculiar to Nigeria which can kill the successful implementation of all those ideas u are mentioning up there which I are failing to put into cognizance in your arguments which is totally wrong and naive on your part. My wife ran a catfish business in Ado Ekiti before we left for the UK but it was not successful in Nigeria because people were pricing her catfish even below her costs which I just told her to leave the business after a while. Fast forward two years I have come to the UK to do my Masters in I.T and I came with my wife. She resurrected that same business here and it was successful because people where not ridiculously pricing her fish below purchasing cost like what was obtainable in Ado. Therefore what I am telling u in essence is that all these your grandiose business ideas might sometimes not work if your target market have low purchasing power parity which u have not addressed in your right. You seem to be a young boy in age with the way you have been talking since. Your enthusiasm is good but u look naive....
You have made excellent and very obvious points that are audible to the deaf and visible to the blind. But you are arguing with a wall. This guy is effectively blind to the truth and wants to continue drinking is coolaid simply because he has beef for abroadians. Don't bother yourself.

People like this will continue to talk even after they are visited by Fulani herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
CountVersailles:

You have made excellent and very obvious points that are audible to the deaf and visible to the blind. But you are arguing with a wall. This guy is effectively blind to the truth and wants to continue drinking is coolaid simply because he has beef for abroadians. Don't bother yourself.

People like this will continue to talk even after they are visited by Fulani herdsmen.
story for the gods! A failure in business has no business giving business advice! You don't employ a poor salesman to train your sales team and expect booming results! That is bold stupidity! He should rightly shut up, and let those who have succeeded at business talk, so others can LEARN how NOT to do it! End of! Yours sincerely.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by demolagilbert: 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2022
Lol cool
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2022
Determination and Introspection

Agency banking is pretty much one of the businesses almost everyone is doing now aka POS. Na 50ngn charge na im be death knell to bros own. Medium sized catfish currently in Ibadan is over 1500 almost a 100% increase from last year. Still the tin dey sell. The sellers at the market still turn up everyday to make sales, e still dey move, e shock me sef. Bros own no flourish. Relocate jejely and face front, e no gree, e wan lecture us on Nland about business challenges. Me wey be introvert, I read a thread on Nland about 4mths ago about making deliberate steps to network and making more contacts with high net worth people that can give me contracts. Twice a week every week, I spend my evenings going to key places to have fun and network, and just that tiny tweak is already paying off. Chochochocho! Jokers

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Nobody: 3:43am On Nov 22, 2022
atutupoyoyo2211:
Let me explain better. The college i work for, my starting hourly rate was $60 an hour ( Class contact hours). Our contract was reviewed a couple of months ago and the pay was reduced to $41/hour but we have no more than 20 class contact hours a week and 17.5 admin hours. That means i teach for only 20 hours and get paid for 37.5 hours a week. Marking students scripts doesn't take me time at all. The second college i work for is a private college so the pay is less. I get paid $35/hr, for 10 teaching hours. I also have 15 hours of admin time. So i teach for only 10 hours but get paid for 25 hours. All my courses are online for now, so i don't leave my house. i just got an offer from another public college to teach for only 5 hours a week at $80 an hour. So There may be an average pay, it doesn't mean everyone gets paid the average.

What's your field please?
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Kobicove(m): 11:32pm On Nov 24, 2022
Wow! This thread has reached 42 pages shocked
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TWoods(m): 7:10am On Nov 25, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Good morning my japa members, my japa journey i most confess has been full of up and down and each time I I feel so Disappointed and discouraged on why did I come here but I can say here is better even though it’s has not been easy. Getting here we had issue of accommodation even up til now me,my wife and the new born baby has stay in a room and manage with an Kenyan woman and paying £700 while we have little access to stuffs cause of too much compliant each time we wanna cook she complains of of bill here and there and so we have to cook once a day despite the fact that my wife is breastfeeding though I will be ungrateful if I did not appreciate the fact that she took us in most especially when the social worker was on us and was about to collect our baby because we were staying at travel Logde before the arrival of the child.The situation got more worse when I discovered the home office has made a mistake in the condition of my brp with the present conditions stating no work no engaging in business and I have reported since last month and notin is forthcoming.
Please anyone that can help as regarding

Accommodation (not asking for free) but sometin more better.my wife schools at University of hertfordshire so if I can get sometin within but I won’t mind if it’s far as well as my present place is far as well so I won’t mind and if I can get someone to help on that issue of getting a cash in hand job and any means getting my brp fix I will Still appreciate it .

Thanks in anticipation

Sounds like one of @Treadway's over "200 friends". Complete failure to plan... just jumped to japa without taking the time to establish right to work, types of jobs available, transportation, accommodation, local support, emergency funds, etc. Most likely the wife going to school was simply a means to immigrate and the family really cannot afford it. Such a shame.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2022
TWoods:

Sounds like one of @Treadway's over "200 friends". Complete failure to plan... just jumped to japa without taking the time to establish right to work, types of jobs available, transportation, accommodation, local support, emergency funds, etc. Most likely the wife going to school was simply a means to immigrate and the family really cannot afford it. Such a shame.

200 and more trend followers...
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by aljpimp(m): 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2022
AnitaofEurope:

Random pics bro why are you trying hard to prove hahahah
You think say nah everybody be mumu for this nairaland

People are also slaves in Nigeria so rest and don’t you ever compare that useless corrupt country to abroad
Cos I will so come for you
Una done dey do this rubbish tey tey

No be everybody dey make for Nigeria many citizens are living below poverty and hardship
If not 80% of them
You come here to be proving what exactly
Carry person passport dey show for here
You wey Dey for one room for abule egba Dey think as you go take escape this shit hole
Registered nurse in your useless country dey earn 40k for month o
Is that one not slavery
Graduates wey Dey bake cake
Some Dey sell wigs
Because of your useless country that has no hope for them
Come here dey yarn rubbish
Tell him to open the visa page on the passport..lols
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Gerrard59(m): 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2022
Kobicove:
Wow! This thread has reached 42 pages shocked

When I saw this comment, I think say na lie. But got to the end and saw the figure

What the heck were they arguing about? grin
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2022
ayandee:
I like the fact that I can drive very long distances far into the night through different rural communities of Canada without fearing a thing.

No burglary proof, no gates, yet no fear. That peace of mind and serenity is priceless.

Bro can I reach you confidential?
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by staga: 2:34am On Nov 26, 2022
Munamoqel:
Nigeria is a very strange Nation .this year I made around 7m from been insurance agent . It started from a oil and gas firm that wanted to do GIT insurance and the owner contacted me ! I contacted some insurance firm I was familiar with and they agree to take underwrite the policy .I jokely ask if they are paying me commission .they said yes . a large insurance firm agree 15 percent .second 10 .na so e happen . 2 week later several oil and gas logistics firm contacted me via referrals from the first . Baam I have done 13 firm counting . It yearly and renewable and my commission will paid yearly too . This is Nigeria a land of magical opportunities . This just a side unplanned business . Don't let any body tell you it nearing collapse . Those Indians and Chinese will not be here . Lastly zero tax on this commission/income. Unlike Uk yeye tax people go they chase me.up.and down

Don't mind them. Nearing collapse indeed.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 6:34am On Nov 26, 2022
aljpimp:

why do I need to do that...if I tell you country wey I don visit for business wetin you wan do with it or Conference

I should open my visa pages ....dey wait. now go and do your hourly jobs and live off credit card that is if you aren't an asylum seeker.

ordinary boxers you dey buy with credit card una no dey shame seff
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 6:35am On Nov 26, 2022
staga:

Don't mind them. Nearing collapse indeed.
they are bunch of mentally lazy folks that will take 15 million to travel only to do care jobs and factory works in Amazon warehouses
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 6:39am On Nov 26, 2022
Treadway:
thank you o. E no easy to take charge, na why you no fit. That is why I'm the MAN, and you are just another man working for the MAN. We aren't on the same level. You see the difference btw you and I is that, aside the fact that those colorful adjectives you reeled out up there are the best description of you, you don't have the power to see food chop if man like yourself no give you. You aim for the ceiling when you should be aiming for the stars. You are not impressive or special, and you are content with it, and it's okay. My last words to you and others like you, go fck yourselves and have a freaking orgy. It may well be the only exciting thing you will ever have going in your purposeless rudderless lives. Send some customers my way will ya, they are assured of great products at great prices. I'm out!
I wonder why employers of Labour like you will be having a business conversation with someone that earns hourly wages that slave away for a fellow man ...

you are higher...do you really know what is means to create an employment
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by AnitaofEurope: 6:56am On Nov 26, 2022
aljpimp:

I know it’s fake hahahahaha
Person wey never reach airport
Them Dey get their information from goggle copy and paste
Abroad them never go
Hahahaha
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by aljpimp(m): 7:24am On Nov 26, 2022
ariesbull:
why do I need to do that...if I tell you country wey I don visit for business wetin you wan do with it or Conference

I should open my visa pages ....dey wait. now go and do your hourly jobs and live off credit card that is if you aren't an asylum seeker.

ordinary boxers you dey buy with credit card una no dey shame seff
Lols.. the way Una dey wish say everyone dey live miserable life like yours is alarming. For your info I be full blooded naija guy and I represent naija anywhere I go . For your information I even advice most of my foreign guys here to visit naija for tourism. So what's the problem? If I do hourly job or get my stuffs on credit, I'm so convenient with it enjoying the flexibility. And you no be easybuy you take buy that your 40 naira phone?
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by aljpimp(m): 7:27am On Nov 26, 2022
AnitaofEurope:

Abroad them never go
Hahahaha
No mind dem. Na dem smart pass people wey leave naija for other countries na. Like say most people wey comot naija no get dem own stories to tell. So many of dem can't even cope in an organised society
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:25am On Nov 28, 2022
Munamoqel:
really come to BIS lekki at closing hours and see the number of oyinbo kids closing from school . At last count their 24000 Brits resident in Nigeria . The oyinbo live a 7 star life style while working in oil exploration in Nigeria .go at look at the total building in ocean view eko hotel end where total staff they enjoy . With 7 star life standard only enjoyed by Arabian royal . Who dash oil worker for America driver ,house maid ,chef and body gaurd for america .
oil workers are called rough necks it isn't even a high paying job in USA...dem full Texas and Arizona
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:26am On Nov 28, 2022
aljpimp:

No mind dem. Na dem smart pass people wey leave naija for other countries na. Like say most people wey comot naija no get dem own stories to tell. So many of dem can't even cope in an organised society
consumer credit card debtor

no be your fellow men organize the society why u no fit organize una own
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:31am On Nov 28, 2022
AnitaofEurope:

Abroad them never go
Hahahaha
make you wait make I show you my visa page u go wait taya

Make I tell you countries wey I dey go market ....na craze be that ...

Oya go do hourly job and hold your credit card
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by aljpimp(m): 8:38am On Nov 28, 2022
ariesbull:
consumer credit card debtor

no be your fellow men organize the society why u no fit organize una own
Lols. Bobo enjoy... In few years time you'll understand the effect of migration and knowledge transfer..not here to argue ...as far as I'm concerned I'll continue to promote my nation .. but don't come here and talk trash about my expertise and the life or path I chose.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany / The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.