Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? (28916 Views)

Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Cmanforall: 11:14am On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:
In developed countries, Good system of government, social amenities, low unemployment rate, good minimum wage/earnings yet most people have 1, 2, 3 children while few have 5+... Or some want no children.

Why do people in African e.g in Nigeria with very bad system of government, no social amenities, high unemployment rate, low pay rate yet people have or give birth to more number of children Or any number yet go ahead to complain how difficult it is to take care of them? Like they don't know it requires money to do things in life

Can't comfortably pay the school fees of the 2 children you have yet adding more children So that you can have 3 or 4 children that you can't pay school fees for?

Your salary is 250k, you finish some of the months with borrowing yet adding more children hence lability undecided

The current living condition your salary is giving, you are finding it difficult to push through yet adding more children Hence making life more difficult or what could be the motive?

A single guy/girl finding it difficult to survive on his/her 100k salary but would go ahead and marry, pour children

Is it a crime to have no children or the number of children your salary can afford?

In my opinion, here we don't value children, human life and the basic wellbeing of the children we give birth to. Hence you see people even in their state of abject poverty adding more children or those that are doing a little better adding more children just to fulfill their desire of having X number of children even when the ones they already have is difficult to maintain.

Another reason is that people don't think or reason for themselves. They just follow the societal norms like zombies and do what everyone is doing.

These things always makes me wonder.
Ask them grin

How about choosing expensive private schools if it will be difficult to pay the fees?
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by ositadima1(m): 11:14am On Nov 05, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. With the comments here so far, the Nigerian education system needs to be revamped. The replies may seem plausible but it superficial and don't share a hint about why there is exponential growth in the population of poor people.

2. Human consciousness, that is, deliberate thinking has been alleviated due to the advent and spontaneous improvement in science and technology thereby making us think that everything is because of the way we think or act while oblivious to the root of all these behaviour which is: evolution and genetics.

3. The reason why poor people reproduce higher is that they want to have many offspring that will survive to propagate their genes in the genetic pool. Evolution doesn't care about your science and technology. All it cares about is the successful transfer of genes from one generation to another.

4. Because poor people are poor, many of their children will not survive to adult reproductive age, hence, they reproduce at a high rate so that even though many of them don't survive to adulthood there will be few that will pass their genes.

5. Rich people don't bother reproducing at a high rate because they already have the resources that they can use to raise their offspring to adult reproductive age.

6. These behaviors are rooted in evolution, and not just conscious deliberate thinking. It happens in both rich nations and poor nations. All you need do is to take a sample of either the rich or poor in both nations.

7. In poor nations, this evolutionary behavior is then supported by conscious beliefs like:

A. It is God that gives children.
B. Children are God's blessings.
C. Every new child in the family brings prosperity to the family.

The above is a conscious belief that also has to do with low IQ and lack of wisdom. But remember: genes are acting in their best interest subconsciously.

8. So, it is expedient, for humans to become aware of their nature, behaviors, and biology and not only think that it is just our thinking that matters.

9. Yeah, the black community/Africans have the lowest IQ across the different races (you can scream for all I care), hence, their low cognitive ability. But this doesn't mean that progress and prosperity cannot be achieved. We must understand what's making us lag, and take necessary actions to assuage our condition.

10. In summary, to remain in the gene pool, poor people reproduce a higher number of children because they lack the resources to take care of a few. So, they reproduce more with the hope that few will survive. Rich people reproduce less because they have the resources and can take care of the few children and are cocksure about their survival.

Thanks.

The problem with your gene hypothesis is dat our genes have not changed in d last 5000 years or more. Genes don't know what poverty is; poverty/wealth devide is actually a recent concept not more than a few centuries old.

True that the genes push for procreation, but not in d way u are describing it.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Tinubuwins2023e: 11:15am On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:
In developed countries, Good system of government, social amenities, low unemployment rate, good minimum wage/earnings yet most people have 1, 2, 3 children while few have 5+... Or some want no children.

Why do people in African e.g in Nigeria with very bad system of government, no social amenities, high unemployment rate, low pay rate yet people have or give birth to more number of children Or any number yet go ahead to complain how difficult it is to take care of them? Like they don't know it requires money to do things in life

Can't comfortably pay the school fees of the 2 children you have yet adding more children So that you can have 3 or 4 children that you can't pay school fees for?

Your salary is 250k, you finish some of the months with borrowing yet adding more children hence lability undecided

The current living condition your salary is giving, you are finding it difficult to push through yet adding more children Hence making life more difficult or what could be the motive?

A single guy/girl finding it difficult to survive on his/her 100k salary but would go ahead and marry, pour children

Is it a crime to have no children or the number of children your salary can afford?

In my opinion, here we don't value children, human life and the basic wellbeing of the children we give birth to. Hence you see people even in their state of abject poverty adding more children or those that are doing a little better adding more children just to fulfill their desire of having X number of children even when the ones they already have is difficult to maintain.

Another reason is that people don't think or reason for themselves. They just follow the societal norms like zombies and do what everyone is doing.

I know one foolish man that is into e-hailing as 100% source of income and spends over 600k on school fee per session on his 2 children. Just school fee o and the kids are just about 3 to 4 years of age. No be juju be that?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 11:18am On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:

Okay but I don't see how the problem of population collapse has to do with the situation I cited facing Africa or Nigeria.

So because their is problem of population collapse in developed countries Nigerians should give birth to number of kids beyond their capabilities?

Who told you the number of children they have is beyond their capability?? Do you know the size of their bank account?? Africa is strong and powerful today because of high birth rate and Europe and America are collapsing because people no longer have kids since the 1960s (individualism)....

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Dtygz: 11:19am On Nov 05, 2022
Maxxim:
But also notice that in those developed nations they are also concerned about population collapse, More reasons these countries ease up their migration rules so many people can come in and keep their system working.
There's nothing wrong in giving birth as long as these parents can take care of them

Did the Op say it is wrong giving birth if you can take care of them... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by dyera(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:

To a poor man, children are not liability, they are asset that would yield dividend when they grow.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Juanmike(m): 11:20am On Nov 05, 2022
shantti:
Imagine a poor jobless man in a face me I face u yard, whose wife sells gin in a small kiosk, giving birth to 9 girls and still not satisfied becos he is looking for a male child. The wife is currently pregnant again.

And am not joking, the man really has no job, he spends most days on a long bench listening to his radio.
It is only Ndi ofe mmanu that would fit in that category. Didi lie?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by NACE13: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2022
I have a neighbour who is in serious debt with loan sharks and other people. Yet I see him and his family eating well garnished food all the time. His wife can't eat noodles without sardine and egg, they can't eat rice without chicken and I'm like, seriously?
He has 4 kids and he says he wants to make it 5, unless if God says otherwise. He and his wife wakes us at midnight to start praying against imaginary enemies.
I am yet to marry and I am feeling the heat of the economy. When I do get married, I am not having more than 3 and that will be with a fat bank account. Shikena

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by gambia(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
Blame religion that shifted personal responsibilities to God that will supposedly answer people's calls. Nigerians take no responsibility for anything so their lives are on autopilot. If it well, thank God. If it bad, blame the devil. S/he doesn't believe in his or her own capacity or existence as such planning is out of the equation. All it takes is one grass to grace story, it will motivate others to procreate like rats

It gets worse now that the intelligent and reasonable ones have embraced japa. Na urchins litter the whole place who cannot reason even if their lives depend on it.

/

You're absolutely right, we are left with just few smart fellows.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by beejay85: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2022
youngreezy:
most black african men and women are useless,infact most blacks world wide na useless people I swear...look at the blacks in the USA killing each other in the name of smelling gang and they see it as being woke... useless set of people,no education,no skills,no good english,nothing,just wasting their lives on drugs,weed alcohol and blame white men for their stupidity...then you look at the black african village man,chai!!! the worst!!! useless with no brain,stupid mentality
especially the ones wey manage make small change,dem go dey brag everywhere....I rant in peace
What makes u different from the black man u described above?
Dont you think u have something as a black that describe u as stupid as u stated above?
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by LordReed(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:

It baffles me too. I see people who I earn 6x their salary having 2x the number of children I have and I shake my head in perplexity. How do they cope, I wonder.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by stanluiz(m): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2022
Poverty, illiteracy and religion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by gadgethead: 11:24am On Nov 05, 2022
Maxxim:
But also notice that in those developed nations they are also concerned about population collapse, More reasons these countries ease up their migration rules so many people can come in and keep their system working.
There's nothing wrong in giving birth as long as these parents can take care of them

Trust me, their system is still better. With good standard of living, better health care, standard education, all they need is to offer friendly visas and people will rush there, problem solved. Who wants to live in a country of one doctor to 20, 000 patients

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 11:29am On Nov 05, 2022
gadgethead:

Trust me, their system is still better. With good standard of living, better health care, standard education, all they need is to offer friendly visas and people will rush there, problem solved. Who wants to live in a country of one doctor to 20, 000 patients

No offense but you don't know what you are talking about Nigeria system is better overall.....our standard of living is much better and much higher....our health care is better and our standard of education is better (we don't teach transgender etc) and there are many good schools in Nigeria.

You suffer from colonial brainwashing.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 11:33am On Nov 05, 2022
youngreezy:
most black african men and women are useless,infact most blacks world wide na useless people I swear...look at the blacks in the USA killing each other in the name of smelling gang and they see it as being woke... useless set of people,no education,no skills,no good english,nothing,just wasting their lives on drugs,weed alcohol and blame white men for their stupidity...then you look at the black african village man,chai!!! the worst!!! useless with no brain,stupid mentality especially the ones wey manage make small change,dem go dey brag everywhere....I rant in peace

I am sorry for brainwashed Africans like you who have been brainwashed by western media. Your colonization is complete.

Is it not whites that kill each other thru mass shootings hahaha

Western Europeans are the useless set of people actually
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by iHateFraudsters: 11:33am On Nov 05, 2022
Maxxim:

His point is that the parents CAN'T take care of the children.

Yet they keep birthing more

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by RepoMan007: 11:33am On Nov 05, 2022
In Africa there is a strong consciousness that a life can hold some kind of key to huge wealth and the prospects of unlocking such a potential 'occultically' encourages animal ranch-like breeding habits from humans.
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Satazaa: 11:34am On Nov 05, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. With the comments here so far, the Nigerian education system needs to be revamped. The replies may seem plausible but it superficial and don't share a hint about why there is exponential growth in the population of poor people.

2. Human consciousness, that is, deliberate thinking has been alleviated due to the advent and spontaneous improvement in science and technology thereby making us think that everything is because of the way we think or act while oblivious to the root of all these behaviour which is: evolution and genetics.

3. The reason why poor people reproduce higher is that they want to have many offspring that will survive to propagate their genes in the genetic pool. Evolution doesn't care about your science and technology. All it cares about is the successful transfer of genes from one generation to another.

4. Because poor people are poor, many of their children will not survive to adult reproductive age, hence, they reproduce at a high rate so that even though many of them don't survive to adulthood there will be few that will pass their genes.

5. Rich people don't bother reproducing at a high rate because they already have the resources that they can use to raise their offspring to adult reproductive age.

6. These behaviors are rooted in evolution, and not just conscious deliberate thinking. It happens in both rich nations and poor nations. All you need do is to take a sample of either the rich or poor in both nations.

7. In poor nations, this evolutionary behavior is then supported by conscious beliefs like:

A. It is God that gives children.
B. Children are God's blessings.
C. Every new child in the family brings prosperity to the family.

The above is a conscious belief that also has to do with low IQ and lack of wisdom. But remember: genes are acting in their best interest subconsciously.

8. So, it is expedient, for humans to become aware of their nature, behaviors, and biology and not only think that it is just our thinking that matters.

9. Yeah, the black community/Africans have the lowest IQ across the different races (you can scream for all I care), hence, their low cognitive ability. But this doesn't mean that progress and prosperity cannot be achieved. We must understand what's making us lag, and take necessary actions to assuage our condition.

10. In summary, to remain in the gene pool, poor people reproduce a higher number of children because they lack the resources to take care of a few. So, they reproduce more with the hope that few will survive. Rich people reproduce less because they have the resources and can take care of the few children and are cocksure about their survival.

Thanks.
thanks bro, this was a masterpiece
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Maxxim: 11:36am On Nov 05, 2022
BreconHills:

You are right. Most of those countries are now experiencing negative population growth. In the past households were economic units - farmers, Fishermen, etc. The entire family would work together to create an end to end value chain. I believe that large families need to intentionally think this way so that size becomes an advantage.
Yes, I agree with you
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by gassbee: 11:36am On Nov 05, 2022
shantti:
Imagine a poor jobless man in a face me I face u yard, whose wife sells gin in a small kiosk, giving birth to 9 girls and still not satisfied becos he is looking for a male child. The wife is currently pregnant again.

And am not joking, the man really has no job, he spends most days on a long bench listening to his radio.
dat man sopos visit d nearest MFM branch for deliverance, is not ordinary
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Backpedal: 11:36am On Nov 05, 2022
Maxxim:
The hue and cry about population collapse in the West is a HOAX

The real issue is the supply of SKILLED LABOR

A good number of them these days are not ready for the rigours of STEM and Finance and other tough fields

Hence the need to "import"

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by gadgethead: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2022
BigBashiru:

No offense but you don't know what you are talking about Nigeria system is better overall.....our standard of living is much better and much higher....our health care is better and our standard of education is better (we don't teach transgender etc) and there are many good schools in Nigeria.

You suffer from colonial brainwashing.....

Little wonder why 80% of Nigerians want to 'japa' to these countries then!?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

His point is that the parents CAN'T take care of the children.

Yes they keep birthing more

How did he determine the parents can't take care of the children?? That's an assumption based on perceived social status. I know one such woman who was born to a low income family. Today she paid her fees in school and is a software developer.

That western lifestyle of individualism and seeing children as undesirable, a lot of work, etc is toxic....

High birth rate is what made China and India powerful today.

Population in the west is declining and eventually they will collapse because they started to see children as undesirables liability....

Keep copying westerners....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by iHateFraudsters: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2022
BigBashiru:

How did he determine the parents can't take care of the children?? That's an assumption based on perceived social status. I know one such woman who was born to a low income family. Today she paid her fees in school and is a software developer.

That western lifestyle of individualism and seeing children as undesirable, a lot of work, etc is toxic....

High birth rate is what made China and India powerful today.

Population in the west is declining and eventually they will collapse because they started to see children as undesirables liability....

Keep copying westerners....

You misunderstood me bro.

I don't copy westerners.

I'm just stating the OPs point.

And now I've seen your angle.

It's nice to view things from different angles.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Maxxim: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2022
gadgethead:

I think you're right but also noticed that if this trend keeps going this way, they'll result to extinction
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:39am On Nov 05, 2022
shantti:

Hahahahhahah that's suicide mission
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Freethinker87: 11:41am On Nov 05, 2022
CaveAdullam:
Yeah, the black community/Africans have the lowest IQ across the different races (you can scream for all I care), hence, their low cognitive ability. But this doesn't mean that progress and prosperity cannot be achieved. We must understand what's making us lag, and take necessary actions to assuage our condition.

Maybe I agree with all you said or maybe not but I took exception to the above statement. Why do you think poorer nations have the lowest IQ? In the 80s, Asians and Africans were classified as people with the lowest IQ in the world. Some "scientists" even compared our brains to chimps'. Our huge population, diet, and culture were linked to the root causes of IQ deficiency by pseudo-scientists. 30 years later, ethnic Chinese migrants are representing the USA in the International Mathematical Olympiad Competition. Suddenly, ethnic Chinese have been reclassified as people with higher IQs than Europeans. What changed?

Is it that the Chinese evolved superbrains in the last 40 years? Or,
Did they invest in education, especially in STEM?

History has proven to us that there's no correlation between race and IQ. Investing in quality education will greatly increase the consciousness, rationality, and productivity of the people and thereby improve their IQ. Poverty and lack of access to quality education are the root causes of IQ deficiency, not evolution, genes, larger brains or any of that pseudo-science you outlined.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by uptownemmygee(m): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2022
Nigerians no go hear
The thing dey like curse

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Panda7(m): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2022
government is supposed to provide quality public education at affordable price besides there are large arable lands that needs to be cultivated and chores to be done.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? / Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.