Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? (28913 Views)

Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 11:42am On Nov 05, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

His point is that the parents CAN'T take care of the children.

Yes they keep birthing more

They birth more knowing the children will be talented and will eventually care for themselves.....

I know a white man who saw children as a liability etc.....he felt why hv children wen he can spend the time on himself.... why pack children poo and urine and stress urself. He retired this year at 56 and childless.... he said his biggest regret is not having kids.... this person could afford kids but was selfish and individualistic....now he dey hear am...and abroad is very lonely....hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by faceland: 11:42am On Nov 05, 2022
Same reason we are the poorest with all the natural resources.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Youngzedd(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2022
We honestly don't value human life and wellbeing in this country.

I have learnt to pay deaf ears to people who put themselves in difficult situations.

Make everyone carry their cross mbok.

2 Corinthians 8:12-13
12 Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have.
13 Of course, I don’t mean your giving should make life easy for others and hard for yourselves. I only mean that there should be some equality.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by jclassiq(m): 11:46am On Nov 05, 2022
Societal conditioning.

And perhaps, illiteracy, especially those in the rural areas.

The women in the rural areas are champions. I have mad respect for them.

After the excessive breeding like rats, some fathers will just lock up and abandon the women with the children.

Rural women are the true Amazons.

Some bear 7 kids. Some 8. Some 9 & 10. It's crazy.

And if you asked them, "why are you breeding so many children?"

They'll say, "Ah... Don't you know that children are blessing from God? I don't know which one God will use and rescue me from my suffering".

Defective thinking.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Satazaa: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2022
Evolutionlove:
Lol what I have seen and known for donkey years. Africans are Cursed with Backwardness. It Is an Open Secret and Well known Fact..
and anyone that argues that the Blackman does not have the lowest of IQs should just look at Nigeria that is acknowledged as one of the top five resource rich nations on planet Earth but is the undisputed poverty capital of the world, don't get angry when the Blackman is derided the world over because we deserve it undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2022
gadgethead:

Little wonder why 80% of Nigerians want to 'japa' to these countries then!?

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"- check Google for this quote..

Just because 80% are doing it doesn't make it right or sensible....

Most are misinformed and just following the crowd....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Chetas81(m): 11:48am On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:
In developed countries, Good system of government, social amenities, low unemployment rate, good minimum wage/earnings yet most people have 1, 2, 3 children while few have 5+... Or some want no children.

Why do people in African e.g in Nigeria with very bad system of government, no social amenities, high unemployment rate, low pay rate yet people have or give birth to more number of children Or any number yet go ahead to complain how difficult it is to take care of them? Like they don't know it requires money to do things in life

Can't comfortably pay the school fees of the 2 children you have yet adding more children So that you can have 3 or 4 children that you can't pay school fees for?

Your salary is 250k, you finish some of the months with borrowing yet adding more children hence lability undecided

The current living condition your salary is giving, you are finding it difficult to push through yet adding more children Hence making life more difficult or what could be the motive?

A single guy/girl finding it difficult to survive on his/her 100k salary but would go ahead and marry, pour children

Is it a crime to have no children or the number of children your salary can afford?

In my opinion, here we don't value children, human life and the basic wellbeing of the children we give birth to. Hence you see people even in their state of abject poverty adding more children or those that are doing a little better adding more children just to fulfill their desire of having X number of children even when the ones they already have is difficult to maintain.

Another reason is that people don't think or reason for themselves. They just follow the societal norms like zombies and do what everyone is doing.

These things always makes me wonder.
NIGERIAN'S ARE LOOKING FOR SHOPPING MALLS TO PURCHASE THEIR COMMON SENSE

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Franking: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2022
The blackman seems cursed. Every country in the world with a black leader is a shithole. South Africa is getting there. As simple as that.

On the other hand, children are considered old age insurance by some people. Developed countries have proper pension and welfare packages for old people we have none. So,.the more children u have the more 'pension' u will probably receive.

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Olowosaudi(m): 11:51am On Nov 05, 2022
In 1960, Nigeria's population was 45.2 million. Britain's population in 1960 was 52.2. Sixty two years later, Nigeria's population is currently estimated at 221.39 million, whilst Britain's population today is 67.3 million. Funny isn't it? Britain is a wealthy state and yet has been able to manage her population reasonably in spite of the many people that migrate to the country. Nigerians must begin to see themselves as the reason for our poverty, not an unknown spirit ooo.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Franking: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2022
BigBashiru:

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"- check Google for this quote..

Just because 80% are doing it doesn't make it right or sensible....

Most are misinformed and just following the crowd....

Don't follow the crowd. Stay here, u hear?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by owagbeba: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:
In developed countries, Good system of government, social amenities, low unemployment rate, good minimum wage/earnings yet most people have 1, 2, 3 children while few have 5+... Or some want no children.

Why do people in African e.g in Nigeria with very bad system of government, no social amenities, high unemployment rate, low pay rate yet people have or give birth to more number of children Or any number yet go ahead to complain how difficult it is to take care of them? Like they don't know it requires money to do things in life

Can't comfortably pay the school fees of the 2 children you have yet adding more children So that you can have 3 or 4 children that you can't pay school fees for?

Your salary is 250k, you finish some of the months with borrowing yet adding more children hence lability undecided

The current living condition your salary is giving, you are finding it difficult to push through yet adding more children Hence making life more difficult or what could be the motive?

A single guy/girl finding it difficult to survive on his/her 100k salary but would go ahead and marry, pour children

Is it a crime to have no children or the number of children your salary can afford?

In my opinion, here we don't value children, human life and the basic wellbeing of the children we give birth to. Hence you see people even in their state of abject poverty adding more children or those that are doing a little better adding more children just to fulfill their desire of having X number of children even when the ones they already have is difficult to maintain.

Another reason is that people don't think or reason for themselves. They just follow the societal norms like zombies and do what everyone is doing.

Isn’t the problem here an extensive belief that God will take care of our problems. I guess that’s what the churches have been preaching since my birth, absolving our responsibilities: Make more, God go provide.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Chetas81(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2022
gambia:

You're absolutely right, we are left with just few smart fellows.
Maaverick:

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Ellasure: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:

Your write up is not written with good intentions and of good mind.

You are not God and His workings is beyond your understanding. You are a creep of the western civilisation delusion. Taken care and provisioning for human kind is beyond human calculations and reasonings.. can I humbly ask you to tell me what you will eat today evening? If you know it, you are surely living alone in your wretched life.

Unpredictable is the hallmark of good living and a good man. If you are too sure of everything happening to you or around you please check yourself nobody should envy you.

The western countries that tried to be predictable in all aspects of their living are today ruled by strangers and foreigners. Open your eyes.

The good Lord is not predictable. There was a time that the world population was one billion and there was famine but today there is seven billion people in the world today and there is abundant foods and goods supplies.

Can you explain and rationalise that?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 11:57am On Nov 05, 2022
Satazaa:
and anyone that argues that the Blackman does not have the lowest of IQs should just look at Nigeria that is acknowledged as one of the top five resource rich nations on planet Earth but is the undisputed poverty capital of the world, don't get angry when the Blackman is derided the world over because we deserve it undecided

You need to listen to yourself my brother. The psychological warfare waged by the neocolonialists thru CNN and BBC has affected your mind....

Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa followed by South Africa. It used to be South Africa but a country run entirely by blacks overtook South africa and Egypt. You don't know what you are talking about....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by ednut1(m): 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
At the point i no longer pity them. They will not manage one or two kids na 5 plus. Idiotic set of people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Oyiboman69: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Only God knows the answer to this question. After much thought I believe the answer is that Africans are born with some sort of mental defect. I have seen very intelligent people even making such dumb mistakes.
Afro pessimist....

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Safyqueen: 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
youngreezy:
most black african men and women are useless,infact most blacks world wide na useless people I swear...look at the blacks in the USA killing each other in the name of smelling gang and they see it as being woke... useless set of people,no education,no skills,no good english,nothing,just wasting their lives on drugs,weed alcohol and blame white men for their stupidity...then you look at the black african village man,chai!!! the worst!!! useless with no brain,stupid mentality especially the ones wey manage make small change,dem go dey brag everywhere....I rant in peace

A typical black African talking grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2022
Oyiboman69:
Afro pessimist....

The Belgians came to africa and killed 20million Congolese....

In 1908 Germany killed millions of Namibians....

France has killed millions of Africans...

Britain wiped out north American tribes....

So it's those with these records have mental defect. Netherlands sailed to South africa and started fighting natives to steal their land Britain came to Nigeria and launched wars....so the Europeans hv a mental defect....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Elemosho478: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:

Religion is the number one answer

People believe God will take care of the children for them some how.
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by KennethEnyi(m): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2022
Because it makes life interesting if it’s to ray all the time it’ll make you wanna blow ur fucking brains in!!!
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by NACE13: 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ellasure:

Your write up is not written with good intentions and of good mind.

You are not God and His workings is beyond your understanding. You are a creep of the western civilisation delusion. Taken care and provisioning for human kind is beyond human calculations and reasonings.. can I humbly ask you to tell me what you will eat today evening? If you know it, you are surely living alone in your wretched life.

Unpredictable is the hallmark of good living and a good man. If you are too sure of everything happening to you or around you please check yourself nobody should envy you.

The western countries that tried to be predictable in all aspects of their living are today ruled by strangers and foreigners. Open your eyes.

The good Lord is not predictable. There was a time that the world population was one billion and there was famine but today there is seven billion people in the world today and there is abundant foods and goods supplies.

Can you explain and rationalise that?

Permit me to come in here. Your submission on this is a serious cause for concern. So, because I don't know the future, I shouldn't plan for my tomorrow, is that what you are saying? Because I don't know tomorrow, I should spend my paycheck at the end of the month on whatever I like, not minding what tomorrow has in store for me.
This archaic mentality is the real reason many poor people are still breeding like rats.
Have you ever been to a slum or had a little chat with louts on the streets and try to find out why they are living in such pitiable state? Most of them are children of poor parents that couldn't take care of them. Most of them turn to any sort of crime to survive.
Please, wake up your ideas and be guided.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2022
Olowosaudi:
In 1960, Nigeria's population was 45.2 million. Britain's population in 1960 was 52.2. Sixty two years later, Nigeria's population is currently estimated at 221.39 million, whilst Britain's population today is 67.3 million. Funny isn't it? Britain is a wealthy state and yet has been able to manage her population reasonably in spite of the many people that migrate to the country. Nigerians must begin to see themselves as the reason for our poverty, not an unknown spirit ooo.

If I may humbly differ sir, Britain's population would hv declined if not for immigration- you forget they run all kinds of immigration and visa schemes....that's what has kept their population...

Nigerias population being 200m is a good thing...China is a super power today because of the number of the People's Liberation Army (millions of active and reserve soldiers).....

Today Nigeria has a higher number of soldiers than Britain which means we can defeat Britain if they decide to launch a colonial war like they did in the past....

Russia/USA too has a high number of soldiers....
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by obaaderemi: 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2022
If you are in a courtship, ask your intended how many kids she wishes to have. As a smart man the answer she gives should give you an idea if you should continue with the relationship or not. Believe me if she or he says he wants four kids that's what you will end up having.

If someone is not on the same page with you on something as important as number of children, run!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Father4all: 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:

how many people earn 250k in Nigeria? You never even talk 100k
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2022
NACE13:

Permit me to come in here. Your submission on this is a serious cause for concern. So, because I don't know the future, I shouldn't plan for my tomorrow, is that what you are saying? Because I don't know tomorrow, I should spend my paycheck at the end of the month on whatever I like, not minding what tomorrow has in store for me.
This archaic mentality is the real reason many poor people are still breeding like rats.
Have you ever been to a slum or had a little chat with louts on the streets and try to find out why they are living in such pitiable state? Most of them are children of poor parents that couldn't take care of them. Most of them turn to any sort of crime to survive.
Please, wake up your ideas and be guided.

Your opinion is welcome and brings balance to the conversation....I think the middle ground between your position and his position is healthy I.e. don't plan too much and at the same time don't leave too much to chance..... I've learnt something from this conversation....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Oyiboman69: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2022
BigBashiru:

The Belgians came to africa and killed 20million Congolese....

In 1908 Germany killed millions of Namibians....

France has killed millions of Africans...

Britain wiped out north American tribes....

So it's those with these records have mental defect. Netherlands sailed to South africa and started fighting natives to steal their land Britain came to Nigeria and launched wars....so the Europeans hv a mental defect....
if you know what Africans went through during the 400 years of slavery and they've still not left us to rest....
Its okay to note that you're unconscious of the barbarism the Europeans perpetrated against the Africans. you still claim Africans mental defects....
In your learned opinion, how would this evil act affect the people our great continent?... I wouldn't have demanded answer but I believe you're far from reality

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by mmsen: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2022
Maxxim:
But also notice that in those developed nations they are also concerned about population collapse, More reasons these countries ease up their migration rules so many people can come in and keep their system working.
There's nothing wrong in giving birth as long as these parents can take care of them

And OP's point is that these mumu people cannot take care of them.

That's the entire point of the post - why do people who struggle with the basics think it is their right to have children and not just one or two but they will have up to six or seven and then cry about the hardship in the country, the government etc.

Do you think the insecurity issues in the north would be such if the people there limited themselves to one or two children?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by BigBashiru: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2022
Oyiboman69:
if you know what Africans went through during the 400 years of slavery and they've still not left us to rest....
Its okay to note that you're unconscious of the barbarism the Europeans perpetrated against the Africans. you still claim Africans mental defects....
In your learned opinion, how would this evil act affect the people our great continent?... I wouldn't have demanded answer but I believe you're far from reality

I don't understand ur comment and question....
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by VenumX: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
They are about to make another mistake in 2023 and wail the more as they birth more empty headed animals they can't feed.

Africans are cursed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by harmargedon: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
zed7:
It's quite funny though, the way some people brag with suffering. I've heard people brag about how they refuse to take annual leave. They believe rest is for the weak.

Some brag about how far they trek daily etc. We have been so used to suffering right from birth that 24 hour power is something to be excited about.

Until you actually visit a developed country you'll never know how stressful and pathetic living in Africa is.

As for the birthing of kids anyhow, that one is unexplainable.
grin grin grin grin guy you work Indian man work grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by mmsen: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
BigBashiru:

If I may humbly differ sir, Britain's population would hv declined if not for immigration- you forget they run all kinds of immigration and visa schemes....that's what has kept their population...

Nigerias population being 200m is a good thing...China is a super power today because of the number of the People's Liberation Army (millions of active and reserve soldiers).....

Today Nigeria has a higher number of soldiers than Britain which means we can defeat Britain if they decide to launch a colonial war like they did in the past....

Russia/USA too has a high number of soldiers....

Numbers mean nothing. You need quality hardware, training, strategy, intel and commitment.

Nigeria's army cannot even defeat the illiterate soldiers of Boko Haram, how do you think they will defeat any other nation, especially one with advanced weaponry?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by harmargedon: 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
shantti:
Imagine a poor jobless man in a face me I face u yard, whose wife sells gin in a small kiosk, giving birth to 9 girls and still not satisfied becos he is looking for a male child. The wife is currently pregnant again.

And am not joking, the man really has no job, he spends most days on a long bench listening to his radio.
their consolation thought, nah God dey train pikin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.