Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months (39985 Views)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Romanoff(f): 11:13am On Nov 03, 2022
ugodson:

Your face isnt showing am guessing you look very pretty. Ur kind of woman is very few. From what you said before how many ladies will read books on marriages or listen to marriage couches?

Book reading and listening to counselling coaches isn't only for the women but for everyone.

It help you know the kind of people to not marry, what to expect in marriage(harsh realities of marriage).

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Basiljoe: 11:14am On Nov 03, 2022
Lol.

I no get strength today.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Aguiyimba(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2022
No marriage can stand without God's foundation. Know this and know peace

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Elvis2kay: 11:16am On Nov 03, 2022
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:

Shebi you got counselling?

Some people don't. Some who get counselling just go there to fulfill all righteousness cause the church demanded it.

All what I mentioned there doesn't guarantee good marriage but they prepare you for possible things you'd experience.

It's best to go with some knowledge than to go in blind.

Most of what I use to make my marriage work is from the preparation I had before marriage.

It also helped me pick a suitable partner. Men plenty for town but not all can lead a woman sensibly and with kindness.

No amount of counselling, seminar, in fact nothing can prepare one for what lies ahead in marriage, I and hubby didn't do anything like that because we felt it is a waste of time yet we are 5 years strong, so it is not about counselling cos when challenges come it will still be like shock to you, we just have to pray for the patience and ability to absorb and overcome the shock and challenges when it shows its ugly head, that all.

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Lama70(m): 11:17am On Nov 03, 2022
Some things can't even be explained anymore. No regards for the institution of marriage again.

A neighbour just came back from work to discover that the woman that they've been together for nearly four years has run to meet her former lover of almost 13 years ago with their baby.

She ran with LAPO money and other contributions she got for her business. Too loud everywhere now..

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Mathain19(m): 11:17am On Nov 03, 2022
Is like dangote cement is not solid enough to hold this crashing marriages...
This is painful,
After taking loan to get lavishing wedding ceremony to impress my village people... ...
Who con do us like this?
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Salvation88: 11:19am On Nov 03, 2022
It is well
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Trottle: 11:20am On Nov 03, 2022
The trend is very worrying to be sincere.

However, when we choose to discard the old-age wisdom of doing in-depth background check and ensuring the necessary virtues and qualities are in place, and 'true' love/lost is not the main motivation to marry this is what we'll keep getting.

As youths we should also stop marrying to 'pepper' anybody, you'll be doing your mental health a disservice and also putting undue stress in your nascent marriage because you'll keep have to try to keep measuring up and ensure that the false picture you painted is not tainted.

Marriage is not a 100x100 metres relay race, you don't have to rush or go into it for flimsy reasons. Returning to the old (gold) standard will reverse this madness.

CC: MalignantGuest

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Romanoff(f): 11:21am On Nov 03, 2022
Jovialjune1:

No amount of counselling, seminar, in fact nothing can prepare one for what lies ahead in marriage, I and hubby didn't do anything like that because we felt it is a waste of time yet we are 5 years strong, so it is not about counselling cos when challenges come it will still be like shock to you, we just have to pray for the patience and ability to absorb and overcome the shock and challenges when it shows its ugly head, that all.

I am not saying all the things I listed makes a happy home but I'm saying it prepares you for some harsh realities you'd meet in marriage. Even the praying for patience and ability to over come challenges, you'd learn from what I listed up there.

Some marriage have packed up over the slightest issues and you'd just ask yourself "did they think marriage is sugar, spice and everything nice"?

It's best to do all these things I mentioned and not need it than to get into marriage and let the devil spoil your union over a challenge that could have been surmounted.

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Womanizer(m): 11:23am On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:
A lot of people don't know what marriage is about.

Societal pressure force people who know next to nothing about marriage to marry.

Some men think it's only to provide, have sex and have a woman to birth and raise kids that marriage is all about.

Many women get married just to be Mrs. No preparation for the journey ahead.

I remember before I got married, I attended marriage seminar, read books, listened to messages from seasoned counsellors like Bimbo Odukoya, marriage counsellors from my church and pastors whose marriages I admire.

These days, how many young people will even read books about marriage and it's preparation or listen to messages or go to seminars for intending couples?

You mean you're married?! shocked

You're on my radar o grin
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BigMamaNaija: 11:23am On Nov 03, 2022
guobe:
If they had dated properly I think that won't have arose as they already know themselves properly.

Our forefathers and foremothers hardly dated or did it decently and had lower breakups compared to what we have these days.

This new pattern of 'dating' that encourages young people to taste and taste and taste different people and then go into marriage with numerous body counts; how can they stick with one person for the rest of their lives?

Na wa oh.

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Romanoff(f): 11:23am On Nov 03, 2022
Womanizer:

You mean you're married?! shocked

Your name is on my radar o grin

Eya.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by DaveHarry(m): 11:24am On Nov 03, 2022
Just like on 22 Oct 22 wen I attended my cousin wedding at jubilee event center; after I enta d hall, just say make i look outside I see bouncers dey tell some people to go back; immediately I just tell my people say I don go house oo.,..Dem dey ask y, I no gree tell Dem until after d occasion. How u go dey pursue people wey com celebrate with u even wen u no invite dem, for wetin u no even sure say e go last a lifetime.

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by temitope27(m): 11:25am On Nov 03, 2022
jeromestarks:

I get 12 for my DM on Facebook. And 3 on Twitter.
Good girls dey town na you dey date ashaw0 street girls.

How you go see girl remove tongue for her profile picture and you go still marry am? No be foolishness be that?
comrade, i dey feel you dey go grin

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 03, 2022
Marriage?

Women want to escape paying bills and want someone that will take care of their desires.
Men want companionship and their very own personalised pussy.

That's why they get married these days.

Ready bachelors want children but not baby mama's way.

Real marriage is for couples that are ready to design generational wealth structure and build legacy for their present and future generations. Such marriages do not fail.

16 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by RepoMan007: 11:26am On Nov 03, 2022
Na so.

Keeping secret the irreversible past that a partner cannot tolerate is number one.
Number two is selfishness.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Hamachi(f): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2022
Nonexisting1:
It's not about dating. I have seen people that dated 5yrs and their marriage still crashed. Men today marry for nyash and breast and women marry for comfort and to form for their friends with few marrying to escape their family's pressure and problems. I have said it, I can not marry in this world, maybe in the next. I have met so many women and I am yet to see one that knows the true meaning of marriage. Even me, I'm not ready for the bullshit. My father will always say that if a man is not ready to raise an infant ekuke dog, he should never talk about marriage and my mother will add that if a woman is not ready to be a mother to a grown idiot, she should never think of marriage.
#FACT

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Odebayo4010(m): 11:29am On Nov 03, 2022
BabaOfLagos:
When the root is destroyed the leaves falls off in a short while, that's the problem...

For those who understands Basketball profits.. See the link below

4 odds won today

https://www.nairaland.com/7169675/

I don't want to hear anything like subscribe oh

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Gistlobby: 11:31am On Nov 03, 2022
Good woman dey easy to find, na u dey look for Nicki Minaj with a touch of Chioma Jesus..

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Hassanmaye(m): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2022
guobe:
If you have ever gotten married you will know that the first few months of the marriage is full of temptations.Your ability to withstand the pressure of the first few months makes you a man.
Like how please? Temptations of sex or what? You must have sex Na if you married what's the temptations
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by chiefolododo(m): 11:32am On Nov 03, 2022
browndre:
You marry slay queen your marriage lasted for 3 months and you say your marriage no long.

Tell me, how many years you want a slay queen to spend with you in your marriage?

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Hassanmaye(m): 11:32am On Nov 03, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Funny thing is that experienced oloshos and retired slay queens will give you more peace in marriage now than all these small girls that scream men are scum in the comfort of their university hostels. They have seen it all, done it all and there's nothing to prove again. But make sure they are actually retired and tired because some of them retire because of something. If they retire because breast done fall and they marry rich man who give them money for breast upliftment surgery, the olosho in them will be back.
Haha
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Odebayo4010(m): 11:32am On Nov 03, 2022
DaveHarry:
Just like on 22 Oct 22 wen I attended my cousin wedding at jubilee event center; after I enta d hall, just say make i look outside I see bouncers dey tell some people to go back; immediately I just tell my people say I don go house oo.,..Dem dey ask y, I no gree tell Dem until after d occasion. How u go dey pursue people wey com celebrate with u even wen u no invite dem, for wetin u no even sure say e go last a lifetime.

You statement makes me vomit my breakfast,OP you're too wicked

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Hassanmaye(m): 11:35am On Nov 03, 2022
zed7:

I didn't go for counselling, didn't read any books and didn't even wed in a church. Been married 10 years now and I can't remember having issues with my wife. Never reported each other to anybody. We don't even raise our voices on each other. My sister went for marriage counselling, church programmes, wed in the church and yet, I keep settling issues.

I guess I'm lucky or maybe not. What I did was to carefully screen my partner and go for personality instead of just appearance alone. Yes, my wife is good looking but good looking isn't enough.

Anyway, my submission is that a successful marriage is between two people who click. All the counselling and prayers wouldn't do much if both parties don't know what they want and don't click.
Oh my God you are so lucky sir!
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by STEWpid(f): 11:35am On Nov 03, 2022
Chai..

Our forefathers and mothers married young and they stick together till death.

Now, even 40 year olds cannot hold marriage together.

What's the problem?

"Fast Declining Societal Values!"

The children from such marriages will grow without knowing what it means to be in a peaceful home.

We've lost been African and we cannot be referred to as American or European rather.

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Nehyooh(m): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2022
BigYash:
They are all the same.. If she is not virgin or her body count pass 2.. Just know that you are investing in what is not sure.. BigRisk
Bro, even with two body counts, only God knows how any times she did it. She may not even know the number of times herself.

So, the best is to find a virgin.
I can't waste my resources on a left over that now turned saint just to manipulate one simp to wife her after she don shared herself finish.

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 03, 2022
womenareapezz:
why won't it crash? undecided

When you guys are marrying baboons as female angry

You see those self entitled gorillas called naija women are incapable of love and only see marriage as poverty elimination scheme.

You as a man! You are the price and should stop wasting your time on evening newspaper together with naija women. Focus on yourself and if you want to marry, look for a wife on the Asia continent

Black women, especially NAIJA women has no economical, spiritual and social value in your life! Those gorillas only bring miserably and frustration to your life

Your mother must have been a terrible person for you to list all her qualities like this.

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:
A lot of people don't know what marriage is about.

Societal pressure force people who know next to nothing about marriage to marry.

Some men think it's only to provide, have sex and have a woman to birth and raise kids that marriage is all about.

Many women get married just to be Mrs. No preparation for the journey ahead.

I remember before I got married, I attended marriage seminar, read books, listened to messages from seasoned counsellors like Bimbo Odukoya, marriage counsellors from my church and pastors whose marriages I admire.

These days, how many young people will even read books about marriage and it's preparation or listen to messages or go to seminars for intending couples?

All these doesn't guarantee a good marriage.

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by InvertedHammer: 11:37am On Nov 03, 2022
/
Majority of them are into runs and hookups.

How do you expect her to come from N20k-N50k per night to come and be managing N200k/month salary with a husband? They are committed to the highway. "Runs" is a journey of no return--can't make a LovePeddler a housewife. Don't try to be a hero!

These generation of ladies are the daughters of those loose ladies that grew up on Afrojuju by Shina Peters and money gobblers that gyrated to Nnukwu Mmanwu by Oliver de Coque. What kind of moral upbringing do you expect them to bestow on their daughters and sons?

Those of us born in the 1930s can only look in awe and disgust.

/

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Hassanmaye(m): 11:37am On Nov 03, 2022
KunGioKehRah:
Women will still keep contact with their sisterhood after the wedding. And that is where the pressure on thrman will start. She will be listening to them
Everything that her mother or her friend tells her is what she will be listening to and that is where the marriage will be having k legs.

Some couples will exonerate themselves from the wife s friends and the man gets the hold of the family.

And also many are not ready or matured enough to be in marital relationships with others.
Listening skill, talking skill, and sexual intercourse skills too matter alot in relationship.
Even before marriage, as a man you must have some qualities, if you can't kn.ack very well, you can't feed yourself talkless of feeding another person, how you go feed the family? Talkless of when you now have a baby? Wetin then go dey chop for this BUHARI regime

Those are some of the factors affecting marriage and divorce nowadays,

WEDDING NA BLING BLING,
AFTER THE WEDDING, EYE GO OPEN!

#itiswell!
Imagine spending 2million in marriage because of pressure while you don't have investment of 800k?

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Biafraaa: 11:39am On Nov 03, 2022
Nonexisting1:
It's not about dating. I have seen people that dated 5yrs and their marriage still crashed. Men today marry for nyash and breast and women marry for comfort and to form for their friends with few marrying to escape their family's pressure and problems. I have said it, I can not marry in this world, maybe in the next. I have met so many women and I am yet to see one that knows the true meaning of marriage. Even me, I'm not ready for the bullshit. My father will always say that if a man is not ready to raise an infant ekuke dog, he should never talk about marriage and my mother will add that if a woman is not ready to be a mother to a grown idiot, she should never think of marriage.
Bro calm down. Try marry next year. You can't continue to be wasting sperm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? / Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks / Woman Climbing Fence With Backed Baby (photo)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63