Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,320 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months (39968 Views)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by lomaxx: 10:54am On Nov 03, 2022
TheEndless:

You think marriages are crashing now? Wait till $1 is N5000 then you go confirm!

grin grin grin grin shocked shocked
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Naijanascam: 10:54am On Nov 03, 2022
Apc is the cause
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by onuman: 10:55am On Nov 03, 2022
Better end it earlier than living in a married life of misery for far too long.

4 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BabaOfLagos: 10:56am On Nov 03, 2022
When the root is destroyed the leaves falls off in a short while, that's the problem...

For those who understands Basketball profits.. See the link below

4 odds won today

https://www.nairaland.com/7169675/

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by ahnie: 10:56am On Nov 03, 2022
Here to read comments
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by ugodson(m): 10:56am On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:
A lot of people don't know what marriage is about.

Societal pressure force people who know next to nothing about marriage to marry.

Some men think it's only to provide, have sex and have a woman to birth and raise kids that marriage is all about.

Many women get married just to be Mrs. No preparation for the journey ahead.

I remember before I got married, I attended marriage seminar, read books, listened to messages from seasoned counsellors like Bimbo Odukoya, marriage counsellors from my church and pastors whose marriages I admire.

These days, how many young people will even read books about marriage and it's preparation or listen to messages or go to seminars for intending couples?

I totally agree with all you have said. But dont be offended with this question am about to ask,if you are married, from your pic,you have no RING on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by DreamersVille24(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:

People click and still divorce.

The reason many marriages fail is because people go into it without any preparation. They go in blind not knowing left from right.

One thing I learned in the course of preparing for marriage is to "pick my battles wisely". This way, you'll understand it's not everything that should lead to fight or quarrel.

Yes one needs to be prepared however that preparation doesn't necessarily have to come from marriage seminars or reading books on marriage - that's his point.

I'll add that it takes maturity and wisdom from a man to make a successful marriage (minus the case of adultery or abuse by the woman) cos you women will always be women.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by alloy123: 10:57am On Nov 03, 2022
Have u ever heard the word 'CHANGE' Some will change simply because they had to hoard their true image in order to have you during courtship or dating as u may call. Marriage is so complex and delicate especially when you wish you can assist her or him to be better in areas of shortcoming but to your greatest dismay the person still remain recalcitrant' He or She will not be meaningful to herself or himself even the the immediate environment..
guobe:
If they had dated properly I think that won't have arose as they already know themselves properly.

4 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 03, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Why wouldn't marriages crash when women go into them for what they can get and not what they will give. You can't withdraw money from back if you don't first make a deposit.
Gbamm! You talk well cool
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by lomaxx: 10:58am On Nov 03, 2022
fairlyisabel:
why wouldn't it crash when men has refused to repent from cheating? Why wouldn't it crash when men has refused to censor their eyes and minds and focus on the women they took out of their parents houses? He who must come to equity must be clean

Blame men for everything. What a way to take responsibility

2 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BABANGBALI: 10:58am On Nov 03, 2022
Who marriage epp?
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by SaLongs1(m): 10:58am On Nov 03, 2022
guobe:
A trend is now occurring in our society with most marriages crashing within 2 to 3 months of getting married.

All what most young couples care about is getting married but not staying married. They go about sharing asoebis and spending millions of naira to get married but will quickly run away from the marriage within a twinkle of an eye.

Most of the girls still have someone that they love more but choose to marry the guy that is ready to get married immediately.

Most guys get their fingers burnt out of desperation to just get married without properly dating.

I know a recent case study now as the new wife just left him as he complained to me that the wife was picking the calls of her ex boyfriend in their matrimonial home.

He said she even goes to visit her ex when he is at work.

It is such a shame what marriage is turning to nowadays.
his case is the norm rather than the exception

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Romanoff(f): 10:58am On Nov 03, 2022
DreamersVille24:

Yes one needs to be prepared however that preparation doesn't necessarily have to come from marriage seminars or reading books on marriage - that's his point.

I'll add that it takes maturity and wisdom from a man to make a successful marriage (minus the case of adultery or abuse by the woman) cos you women will always be women.

You think it doesn't take maturity and wisdom from a woman to make her marriage work?

Read Proverbs 14:1 first.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Boss13: 10:59am On Nov 03, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Funny thing is that experienced oloshos and retired slay queens will give you more peace in marriage now than all these small girls that scream men are scum in the comfort of their university hostels. They have seen it all, done it all and there's nothing to prove again. But make sure they are actually retired and tired because some of them retire because of something. If they retire because breast done fall and they marry rich man who give them money for breast upliftment surgery, the olosho in them will be back.

People keep saying this nonsense. How can a prostitute make a good wife? A woman who have commoditized her private part for money is never a wife. However, silly men who have no regards or respect for themselves will consider marrying prostitutes.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Romanoff(f): 10:59am On Nov 03, 2022
ugodson:

I totally agree with all you have said. But dont be offended with this question am about to ask,if you are married, from your pic,you have no RING on

Lol. I was pregnant then and my ring didn't fit anymore so I had to take it off.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BABANGBALI: 10:59am On Nov 03, 2022
fairlyisabel:
why wouldn't it crash when men has refused to repent from cheating? Why wouldn't it crash when men has refused to censor their eyes and minds and focus on the women they took out of their parents houses? He who must come to equity must be clean
you and this your made in aba English. You no go take gun kill us for here
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Traplord09: 10:59am On Nov 03, 2022
author=jeromestarks post=118079704]Why won't it crash when you be seeing red flags waving at you like Russian banner but you will still marry her.

Find a virgin and see how your marriage will last longer than a millennia.
Virginia or virgin all na de same... Thin....
If you don't get it forget about...

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by dominique(f): 11:00am On Nov 03, 2022
When desperate ladies are using ikpu oku to trap unwilling men. When the jazz expires will the man want to remain with such woman?

Also women of today are no longer willing to swallow all the BS that their mothers and grandmothers did that made their marriages long. When we look at longevity of marriages in the past, how of such marriages were happy? How many of those mothers who kept their marriages enjoyed the marriage? Most of them endured because of their children and stigmatization from the society. The more people marry for the wrong reasons, the more cases if failed marriages we'll be seeing on a daily basis

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Hassanmaye(m): 11:00am On Nov 03, 2022
guobe:
They all want to get married as their friends are getting married.They don't even care if the guy they are getting married to is a ritualistic as long as he can fund the marriage occasion they are ready.
True
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by SaLongs1(m): 11:01am On Nov 03, 2022
There is nothing new here marriages have always crashed before are crashing now and will crash going into the future it is as certain as being born and death.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by HEBEI: 11:03am On Nov 03, 2022
jeromestarks:
Why won't it crash when you be seeing red flags waving at you like Russian banner but you will still marry her.

Find a virgin and see how your marriage will last longer than a millennia.
forget it!

Virginity does not guarantee lasting marriage. At times, retired prostitutes are better than most of the so called virgins.

Look for character and quality when you want to marry.

8 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Realguyman1(m): 11:03am On Nov 03, 2022
guobe:
it does
Then what about those people that dated for over 3 yrs and their marriage still crash?
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Odebayo4010(m): 11:04am On Nov 03, 2022
Mercury12:
Lol
If it crash let it crash abeg my own is that no partner should dagger the other because it isn't worth it

The word Dagger you mentioned goes far,you mean they should not axe down the other
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Sniper101(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2022
Sadly, this is truly the case.

I had the unfortunate pleasure of being intimate with a married young lady, once upon a time.
During one of our pillow talk sessions, she mentioned that the day she went to buy her wedding dress she decided to use the opportunity to go see her LOML one last time, so as to ask him if he thinks she should just call off the wedding and manage life with him.
Dude asked her to go ahead with her marriage plans and still asked her to put on the wedding gown she had with her, that he would like to make love to her in her wedding dress.

Did she agree?
Oh yes she did.

The story did make me cringe.

And unfortunately, there are tens of thousands of YOUNG wives out there who cheat on their husband with the not-ready guy whom they would've preferred to marry instead.

It's really unfortunate.
And the "married" rig workers are the most unfortunate ones.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Alfredibaba: 11:08am On Nov 03, 2022
Marriage failures nowadays really call for one to ponder about. The major reason I see is infidelity. I have two very close cases of short marriages.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Yoighaman(m): 11:09am On Nov 03, 2022
guobe:
A trend is now occurring in our society with most marriages crashing within 2 to 3 months of getting married.

All what most young couples care about is getting married but not staying married. They go about sharing asoebis and spending millions of naira to get married but will quickly run away from the marriage within a twinkle of an eye.

Most of the girls still have someone that they love more but choose to marry the guy that is ready to get married immediately.

Most guys get their fingers burnt out of desperation to just get married without properly dating.

I know a recent case study now as the new wife just left him as he complained to me that the wife was picking the calls of her ex boyfriend in their matrimonial home.

Most women don't marry who they love, they marry who is ready.

12 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by ugodson(m): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:

Lol. I was pregnant then and my ring didn't fit anymore so I had to take it off.

Your face isnt showing am guessing you look very pretty. Ur kind of woman is very few. From what you said before how many ladies will read books on marriages or listen to marriage couches?
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by MNDY(m): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:

People click and still divorce.

The reason many marriages fail is because people go into it without any preparation. They go in blind not knowing left from right.

One thing I learned in the course of preparing for marriage is to "pick my battles wisely". This way, you'll understand it's not everything that should lead to fight or quarrel.

Nice one
On this quarrel, you and I know your gender to be the one to love drama/trouble more than the other gender.
A lot can be settled amicably if your gender chooses the peaceful approach to settle matters.
Even cheating can be handled by a woman behaving unworried, it will keep the man scared and ultimately make him change.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by abbeynism(m): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2022
femo86:

grin grin
Let me know If you don see one abeg

Bro, there are many. I have them as friends.
It only depends who and who you are associating with.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Romanoff(f): 11:12am On Nov 03, 2022
MNDY:

Nice one
On this quarrel, you and I know your gender to be the one to love drama/trouble more than the other gender.
A lot can be settled amicably if your gender chooses the peaceful approach to settle matters.

You'd think my gender are more troublesome bit I've seen the reverse o. And it's not pretty at all.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by womenareapezz: 11:13am On Nov 03, 2022
guobe:

why won't it crash? undecided

When you guys are marrying baboons as female angry

You see those self entitled gorillas called naija women are incapable of love and only see marriage as poverty elimination scheme.

You as a man! You are the price and should stop wasting your time on evening newspaper together with naija women. Focus on yourself and if you want to marry, look for a wife on the Asia continent

Black women, especially NAIJA women has no economical, spiritual and social value in your life! Those gorillas only bring miserably and frustration to your life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Flees From Home Over Wife’s High Libido / Lady Studied Law To Get Her Father Out Of Prison (Photos) / Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.