Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months (39982 Views)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Treadway: 12:22pm On Nov 03, 2022
Because people are selfish and getting into it for all the wrong reasons. Not to mention people are more vain now than ever. To see quality human being these days, male and female alike, e hard

3 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:

You'd think a "sound Christian" should know these things but most of these divorce cases are from "sound Christians". Many with fornication as a foundation of their marriage.

Like I said, counselling taught me what is on my second paragraph including learning to know how God speaks to me so I won't fall into the hands of "prophets".

Alright.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by ARmanx(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2022
Why wont marriages crash its ol the womens fault sex don over cheap its too cheaper its way cheaper to USLESS a woman than to make her useful even she sef want to be uslessed…..word of advice to my brothers if she is not a virgin devalue her by half!!!! If u like go look uche face…. No come later deh cry about dis and that

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by noskcid(m): 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Why wouldn't marriages crash when women go into them for what they can get and not what they will give. You can't withdraw money from back if you don't first make a deposit.

Which back sir?
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Another valid point.

This RedPill you women are always complaining about, I want to ask you a question. Offline and Outside of Nairaland, have you met any male, whether in the Gym, at work, in a public transport or in church discussing RedPill? Marriage is Nigeria is very simplistic, all you need is 4 things. Plenty Money, good sex, no Infidelity & domestic violence. If all those things are covered, the woman will stay for 400 years. Whether you did counselling or not, as long these things are intact, nothing can happen.

Not complicated at all abeg.

5 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by judedwriter(m): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2022
Marriage is a union of two selfless forgivers living together in an imperfect marriage.

The moment husband and wife stops forgiveness, the marriage automatically breaks.

Love covers a multitude of sins especially in marriage. Love is the foundation of any marriage, especially God's kind of love: AGAPE.

5 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
solomoni87:
My wife packed out of the house four days after our wedding. She was behaving so unruly throughout the marriage. Attitudes that could provoke me into beating her. I had to tell her to go if she does not want to stay with me any longer. I knew her mind was somewhere else. She even took her family members to hurl abusive words on me. I was so embarassed, humilated. My advice to any man going into marriage is: do not let any woman or family push you. Be very sure she is the right woman. Dont marry an illiterate woman

I am sure she was behaving like a craze person before you married & you knew, that one was solely your fault.

Once i see any element of craze, I am gone. Or you get angry in an argument & break something in my house, OMO relationship over abeg.

4 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by ogwumgbe: 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
zed7:

I didn't go for counselling, didn't read any books and didn't even wed in a church. Been married 10 years now and I can't remember having issues with my wife. Never reported each other to anybody. We don't even raise our voices on each other. My sister went for marriage counselling, church programmes, wed in the church and yet, I keep settling issues.

I guess I'm lucky or maybe not. What I did was to carefully screen my partner and go for personality instead of just appearance alone. Yes, my wife is good looking but good looking isn't enough.

Anyway, my submission is that a successful marriage is between two people who click. All the counselling and prayers wouldn't do much if both parties don't know what they want and don't click.

Well said bro: the reason why most marriages crash these days is because a lot of people don't think for themselves anymore but always rely on what their pastors dictate for them, especially today's women. Pastors have the final say in their lives now, even tell them whether to Bleep their husband or not

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Taigaban: 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2022
This is what you get when you snatch somebody's girlfriend and urgently run to pay the bride price. And the girl married him not because she love him, but because some of her friends have advised her not to miss this opportunity to be married. Recently a man ran and left his wife of 3 months. News filtering shows the man is not able to live up to his conjugal responsibility.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by sylve11: 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
BigYash:
They are all the same.. If she is not virgin or her body count pass 2.. Just know that you are investing in what is not sure.. BigRisk

Body count suppose dey? cool
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BigBashiru: 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ebubu:
4-5 months? imagine. my own, i’ll first date you for like 8 months, study you very well, if i see any red flag, i won’t propose marriage.

in that 8 months i’ll check if you still have emotions for your ex, if you’ve gotten over your ex, etc

I hate all these having emotions for ex....who has time for that....these females are neither Cinderella nor angels....once I realize she still has emotions for her ex it's over....

4 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by HITsquad: 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
Lol Marriage no be by force... Even Elon Musk and Mayweather with all their money are still not married.

Una dey copy western culture but una no dey copy the best part of it.

Marriage is just a pressure from the society... There is nothing fun about it, just stress!

As man just Hustle for your money and father as many children as you want outside wedlock. That's it.

Life is very simple... Don't let culture, traditional, social trend or environmental mentality pressure you into doing what you don't really want to do.

Life is too short... Shorter than you know... Use that short period and live a life that is best for you.. Not for others.

I got 2 beautiful kids out of wedlock and number 3 is on my to-do list next year.
3 kids is all I need. marriage is the last thing i think about.

If my parents or kinsmen want otherwise, well they should go and marry on my behalf. That's their business...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by sylve11: 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
Fiscus105:
Number one problem is that, people want to marry and still want to enjoy the *luxury" freedom of single.

(Some guys married,yet still want to be sleeping with different girls like single, meanwhile, no room available in his house to carry them to sex again and to get hotel, it will take additional spending, before you know it will turn it to fight, and for girls, they married yet still want attention/chatting with exes and other guys, they still dressing like harlot which can make them fall for another guys).

Number two problem is finances, marriage comes with whole lot of responsibilities.

(Money you spend during single, will now multiple and to carry on, it's big problem)

You said it all. cool
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BigBashiru: 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
Taigaban:
This is what you get when you snatch somebody's girlfriend and urgently run to pay the bride price. And the girl married him not because she love him, but because some of her friends have advised her not to miss this opportunity to be married. Recently a man ran and left his wife of 3 months. News filtering shows the man is not able to live up to his conjugal responsibility.

Which conjugal responsibility? Money? Money is not the responsibility of a man. Sex? That wan na responsibility?
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BigBashiru: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
judedwriter:
Marriage is a union of two selfless forgivers living together in an imperfect marriage.

The moment husband and wife stops forgiveness, the marriage automatically breaks.

Love covers a multitude of sins especially in marriage. Love is the foundation of any marriage, especially God's kind of love: AGAPE.

So boyfriends get carnal pleasurable love while all husbands get is agape...??
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by damocool(m): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
guobe:
A trend is now occurring in our society with most marriages crashing within 2 to 3 months of getting married.

All what most young couples care about is getting married but not staying married. They go about sharing asoebis and spending millions of naira to get married but will quickly run away from the marriage within a twinkle of an eye.

Most of the girls still have someone that they love more but choose to marry the guy that is ready to get married immediately.

Most guys get their fingers burnt out of desperation to just get married without properly dating.

I know a recent case study now as the new wife just left him as he complained to me that the wife was picking the calls of her ex boyfriend in their matrimonial home.

He said she even goes to visit her ex when he is at work.

It is such a shame what marriage is turning to nowadays.
Sir, it's not just about dating, its all boils down lack of fear of God in humans. And this is caused by our many orators and motivation speakers calling themselves pastors, prophets, bishops and apostles mutilating the scripture, making mockery of salvation and holy living, bonding them to their old sinful life even when they proclaimed to be saved..
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by sylve11: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ebubu:
4-5 months? imagine. my own, i’ll first date you for like 8 months, study you very well, if i see any red flag, i won’t propose marriage.

in that 8 months i’ll check if you still have emotions for your ex, if you’ve gotten over your ex, etc

Emotions are feelings and they can come and go at any time. cool
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Dogalmighty17: 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2022
solomoni87:
My wife packed out of the house four days after our wedding. She was behaving so unruly throughout the marriage. Attitudes that could provoke me into beating her. I had to tell her to go if she does not want to stay with me any longer. I knew her mind was somewhere else. She even took her family members to hurl abusive words on me. I was so embarassed, humilated. My advice to any man going into marriage is: do not let any woman or family push you. Be very sure she is the right woman. Dont marry an illiterate woman

Are you still married? So sorry for this situation.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by madridguy(m): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2022
I hope the guy worth 10x of the millions spent on the wedding to avoid funny stories?

Corridon:
One of my guys recently separated from his wife of two months after spending millions during wedding.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by SMARTMOTORS(m): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2022
The only killer of marriage is nothing but exes, nacking, and money

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by zuby4real10(m): 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
solomoni87:
Are you guys still together uptil now?
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BigBashiru: 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:

Book reading and listening to counselling coaches isn't only for the women but for everyone.

It help you know the kind of people to not marry, what to expect in marriage(harsh realities of marriage).

What are the harsh realities of marriage?
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BigBashiru: 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
solomoni87:

How much did you spend on the wedding??
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BiGVEEN58(m): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
doctore212:
For me na olosho wey dey my street me I dey reason to marry.

Atleast she dey give me free nacks when I no get money

2 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Raalsalghul: 1:00pm On Nov 03, 2022
truthsayer009:

This RedPill you women are always complaining about, I want to ask you a question. Offline and Outside of Nairaland, have you met any male, whether in the Gym, at work, in a public transport or in church discussing RedPill? Marriage is Nigeria is very simplistic, all you need is 4 things. Plenty Money, good sex, no Infidelity & domestic violence. If all those things are covered, the woman will stay for 400 years. Whether you did counselling or not, as long these things are intact, nothing can happen.

Not complicated at all abeg.

Even with infidelity, so far the other three terms are constant most women in Nigeria will stay. grin
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by Kutunban: 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2022
Simpletons will always be victims.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by ceeceeuwa: 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2022
jeromestarks:
Why won't it crash when you be seeing red flags waving at you like Russian banner but you will still marry her.

Find a virgin and see how your marriage will last longer than a millennia.
Hope you are a virgin yourself? If not,no one will marry the ones you have poked and dumped.
Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by jeromestarks: 1:06pm On Nov 03, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

Hope you are a virgin yourself? If not,no one will marry the ones you have poked and dumped.
Virginity tells more on women.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by BigBashiru: 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
jeromestarks:

No it tells on men and women equally actually.....the guys that slept around look old too and run-down.....

4 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by 7Randall: 1:14pm On Nov 03, 2022
Most of our ladies want to eat their cakes and have it. How can you be visiting your ex when you are married. And the worst part is that she will see nothing wrong with it. If her husband visits his ex at work, she will scream the house down. Guys please, stay away from girls with such mentality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by ceeceeuwa: 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
jeromestarks:

You don't get my point then. There will be no virgins left for the guys to marry as long as they have refused to stay celibate themselves. You can't eqt you r cake and have it!

2 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months by olumide4christ: 1:16pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ebubu:

Sir, you are on the right path. Keep on this path...you won't make mistakes by God's grace.

I did the same thing during my courtship and it paid off. Our marriage clocked 11 years in August 2022.

As per exes, I don't understand how a person in relationship with somebody will still be entertaining exes...it beats me.

I did a video on my YouTube channel in which I addressed the issue. You may take a look at it.

Stay blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjk3mGTKhfw

Here are some important things you need to do during your courtship ��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCbnLu-2ZxE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? / Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks / Woman Climbing Fence With Backed Baby (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.