Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House (29714 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / My Mother Wants To Remarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Ashirioluwa: 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

I'm pressed and I need your advice.

Don’t blame your mom, it’s the Nigeria economy situation that turns a 40 years old man to a teen who have to wait for his parents before he can feed himself.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nemanda(m): 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
If You Have No Issue On Your Part, Then Its Harsh...Even If You Have, Mothers Are The Least Of Support One Can Get As Far As She Is Alive...No Matter How Old Or Bad You Have Become...She Needs To Be Talked To.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
I guess she’s a widow and she want to be bring men home that could be one of the reasons.
Better start with one room and leave her alone before she will disgrace you in public .

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nawttiboi007(m): 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2022
Where’s your father?
Greattestman:
There's nothing i dont do. I give her 50% of my salary every month.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nawttiboi007(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
I’m also seeing from that angle
kunkelhanspeter:
I guess she’s a widow and she want to be bring men home that could be one of the reasons.
Better start with one room and leave her alone before she will disgrace you in public .

5 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by grandstar(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
fineboynl:
You have a good mother. There are wicked mother even at 35 dont want to go or have a girlfriend. They are witches

You're 10,000% correct. They will never even bring up the topic. They will talk about everything under the sun except you moving out and settling down.

My half sister I think is in that situation. She's 34 and still living with her mum. Her brother in the US wanted me to get her a flat and I told her I no wan trouble. grin

We laughed over it.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by morinto: 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kooldon:
She is right and it is time you left.
The fear of uncertainty is what you are scared of but to me it is a blessing in disguise. So leave and pay her a visit once in a while
He needs to gather money for his higher education
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Father4all: 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

you must be giving her problems
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nino01(m): 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
Wicked and liars everywhere.. You see those people supporting your mom are lying none of them left there house at 20,fake people everywhere

That's how they will be forming what I don't know only for you to meet them and boom.nothing come out

As for you mom she doesn't like you, no woman will ask her 20years old child to leave her house

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Yankee101: 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
Do you contribute to the house expenses?
Is she a single mother?

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Desusi: 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
The children of nowadays are indeed indomie generation. I was 18 years
old when l started living on my own.if there's anyone to be well pampered it should be me because lam the babe of the home.Now one of my sons aged 30 years is crying like you saying l would not give him 3 meals in a day. My dear your mummy is a star.You would understand later.

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Berankis: 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
I was earning 35k when I left home too to far away Jos from Lagos. But I was 26yrs old and a graduate.

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by AreaFada2: 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
spinna:
Did she raise you as a single mum.. where is your dad? Nothing bad in moving out but don't move out and join bad gang.. tell her you are saving for it she should give you time

I was going to ask same questions.

Greattestman does your mum need a bit of space and freedom? Is she single or divorced? Your dad or siblings have not been mentioned at all. If she spent her years focusing on looking after you and you are now 20, perhaps she wants to have time to flex a bit now. So try to understand.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Berankis: 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
I was earning 35k when I left home too to far away Jos from Lagos. But I was 26yrs old and a graduate and I left on my own Accord, even against my mother's wish. But if you are not ready, I feel you should not be pushed out.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by NigeriaIsGreat: 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
Adonkia:
i started living alone in 1991 at 20 so if your mum wants you to leave you just have to. you are working so that is a plus for you, just go and rent one room and start from there. That's being a man.
You can't compare then to now. This our generation youths no be am o bro. 60 percent if not more are into Yahoo Yahoo, prostitution, robbery et al. It wasn't this bad during your time and I'm sure you will agree with me on that. Parents are scared of allowing their children living outside not to talk of 20 years old boy. I suspect the woman is up to something. You don't have to go out before you reason like a man. I have a neighbour who left his father's house when he's about to get married and nothing is wrong with his new family till date. They live in peace and harmony. Living alone at young age doesn't make you sensible and smarter than those who still live with their parents

I believe individual should do what is right, fair and what works for him/her
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by GboyegaD(m): 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2022
In it all, should you rent a house, don't make it the opportunity to sleep around, rather get more focused at improving your life.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by jaszplus12(m): 3:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
For me you're old enough to move out and live by yourself.
All you fear is only in your mind and it will only be temporary.
I'm sure if your mum tells you you're too young to date a girl you will disagree with lightening speed, but her telling you to grow up has sent you to front page of nairaland. My opinion, you can't hide in your mum's home and ever do grown up things...many of us started at that age to live outside parental protection
See it as a challenge, move out, start small and see how things go! Best wishes!

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by NigeriaIsGreat: 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
Desusi:
The children of nowadays are indeed indomie generation. I was 18 years
old when l started living on my own.if there's anyone to be well pampered it should be me because lam the babe of the home.Now one of my sons aged 30 years is crying like you saying l would not give him 3 meals in a day. My dear your mummy is a star.You would understand later.
LOl

Sorry sir, your son must be very funny to have assumed you will deprive him his daily meal living alone. He is such a comic to have come up with that
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by EM123: 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

i think you should rent a room close to your mums house , you will be coming to her house to eat , what you will spend will be house rent only , look for cheap house.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Kaiser20: 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
use her for rituals.
Are you from Ogun state?, just a question

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by NigerianAngelo(m): 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

That may be the problem. You behaving as a boy in this manner. Plus the guilt traps the 50%s can give.

So she just told you, leave on your own. So that you can properly become a man.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Start being responsible like buying foodstuffs and paying bills. She is indirectly telling you that you are useless.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Joezik(m): 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Chia ...Ur own mother

Bro leave all this nairaland advise. Talk to an elder u know and value.

You can't survive on that salary.

I dey wish my mom is still alive yet URS wants to just free u to a dangerous world at this age.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by godofuck231: 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

she has a boyfriend she's been giving you that respect not to live with him while you are around now she wants to move on with her life, you will find joy and freedom in your life , go ahead take a bold step , another woman is about to rock your world
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Berankis: 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
honestly this country is just too difficult. My father who isn't working in the corporate organisation got married in his mid 20s and he was doing pretty fine then not now anymore. Here i am the son jobless with my strong 2.1 results and marketable skills. I have friends with first class jobless. There are guys in their 40s single and still living with their parents

Nigeria isn"t fair with my generation seriously and it's really unfair. Not everyone will indulge in cyber fraud for crying out loud
I feel like your "strong 2:1" and your "first class jobless friends" are part of the reasons you haven't gone ahead with your life. The day you decipher life and ready to battle, is the day you to start to overcome.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Macgyver1: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Na this kind thing I dey find o, and my own mom does not want me to leave. Come let's exchange mother.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Rolexxxy(f): 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
meobizy your friend's anus has been lubricated again.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nawttiboi007(m): 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
There’s a thread of an ex convict being rearrested juz few day after he gained freedom. He’s independent so to speak at aged 23, How does he survive in this current situation of Nigeria? 25-30k monthly can’t feed you, talkless minor necessities before you now talk of accommodation. Sometimes I don’t know how people will juz be so unreasonable and heartless before giving advices

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Are you all staying in a room?
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Jackipapa: 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
You are a distraction to your mum, her male friends wants to come home but you are always there to the extent that you are having home study for the kids. Your mum needed privacy in her home. Go out and thank me later. look for sugar mummy, your bills will be paid and you will have some money to help your mum.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Brownshoe: 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2022
Your mother want you to do illegal runs, that's the simple true.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Joezik(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2022
Nino01:
Wicked and liars everywhere.. You see those people supporting your mom are lying none of them left there house at 20,fake people everywhere

That's how they will be forming what I don't know only for you to meet them and boom.nothing come out

As for you mom she doesn't like you, no woman will ask her 20years old child to leave her house

Thanks boss even if you harsh.

Barely 20years .... person wey suppose dey university...or under proper mentorship

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Things A Man Should Do For His Wife All The Time (Part 1) / Siblings Prank Their 10-Year-Old Sister For Stealing Their Mum's Wine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.