Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka (25610 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Any Religion or Secret group that entices people with money Is satanic / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Jalaw: 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Occultic man
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
Athiest are anyone who doesn't believe in God or Spirit world

Wole Soyinka doesn't believe in Religion, Diety or God, instead he thinks it's mythology created within human mind to answer questions
This statement here, giving value to a belief in deities, even those not worshipped, pours doubt on the idea that the man is an atheist.. undecided
nlfpmod:

But religion? No I don’t worship any deity. But I consider deities as creatively real and therefore my companions in my journey in both the real world and the imaginative world.”
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Moh247: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This statement here, giving value to a belief in deities, even those not worshipped, is what makes him not an atheist.. undecided

He believes a diety as your imagination created within your own mind

Just like children believe in boogyman living under their bed, or bobrisky having a fantasy that he is a woman

Prof Soyinka doesn't believe in a God up in the sky, or in an heaven, he thinks that's just your imagination
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
1. He believes a diety as your imagination created within your own mind

2. Just like children believe in boogyman living under their bed, or bobrisky having a fantasy that he is a woman

3. Prof Soyinka doesn't believe in a God up in the sky, or in an heaven, he thinks that's just your imagination
1. But that is really what most deities are at the end of the day. undecided

2. Pretty much! undecided

3. Same thing.
nlfpmod:

But religion? No I don’t worship any deity. But I consider deities as creatively real and therefore my companions in my journey in both the real world and the imaginative world.”
A deity for person A does not need to be the Almighty Himself. A mentor, role model, a person or thing you respect, or fear, etc. , can occupy the role of a deity in one's life. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by afbstrategies: 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy

You really need to shut up because you are not better than him and none of your kindreds are better than Soyinka, ok? If you are intellectually sound, you will relate to his point of views. So, be quiet!

7 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nnamaka1: 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2022
EKONGKING:
Only broke ass people think there is a white or Arab god watching them and saving them and yet still leaving them poor.
No wonder 133 million people are believer's in SKY daddy and Sky daddy rewarded them to live in country with most number of poor people grin grin grin grin

Modified

One of the 133 million people.living in multidimensional poverty spotted just above me ,
Awaiting for his SKY daddy to come and save him.

Pls enlighten me , if there is no God, how did we come into existence? Why is the Earth still maintaining the right distance from other heavenly bodies if there isn't someone monitoring it.

Please enlighten me maybe I can learn one or two things from you
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Moh247: 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. But that is really what most deities are at the end of the day. undecided

2. Pretty much! undecided

3. Same thing.

So an Athiest says I don't believe in God's or Spirit

Wole Soyinka says I don't believe in Supreme God or diety as I think they are only your imagination and fantasy you use as coping mechanism

How is wole Soyinka different from an atheist

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by uba1991: 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy
Atleast we know Soyinka, what of your father who is him?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Okd1: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
Isn't that the point?
When you are dead your dead.
quote author=wiseone28 post=118571576] You will know you need one when you can't open your eyes anymore or move your body. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
So an Athiest says I don't believe in God's or Spirit

Wole Soyinka says I don't believe in Supreme God or diety as I think they are only your imagination and fantasy you use as coping mechanism

How is wole Soyinka different from an atheist
He says he does not worship any deity but from what he supposedly said, they occupy a place of reverence in both his creative and real world journeys.
nlfpmod:

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Satazaa: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
APOSTLECHUMA:
Wole Soyinka learn from Tai Solarin who was an atheist, while here on earth. Tai didn't believe in God but his last words while he was dying in his sick bed in a Lagos hospital, was "God help me" Before one's death angels or demons will surround the person to welcome the person home and Tai cried out unto God whom he didn't believe in to help him when he saw the demons coming to welcome him into the spiritual wicked world for not believing in his Maker.
fabu, statement of fact or mere speculation

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Okd1: 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hahaha.. Haha

quote author=Nnamaka1 post=118574011]

Pls enlighten me , if there is no God, how did we come into existence? Why is the Earth still maintaining the right distance from other heavenly bodies if there isn't someone monitoring it.

Please enlighten me maybe I can learn one or two things from you
[/quote]
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Moh247: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
He says he does not worship any deity but clearly, he holds them in reverence

Having deep respect or reverence for something doesn't mean you believe in it

I have deep respect for Santa Clause and Father Christmas as a concept of charity, but I do not think they are real, I think they are folklore, myths and figment of people's imagination
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
1. Having deep respect or reverence for something doesn't mean you believe in it

2. I have deep respect for Santa Clause and Father Christmas, but I do not think they are real, I think they are folklore, myths and figment of people's imagination
1. But you acknowledge it's existence and place, do you not?, undecided

2. Your statement is rife with contradictions. . undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Harmattan123(m): 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2022
buygala:

You wey get religion, have you achieved even half of what he has or lived as long as he has?

(Speaking in tongues)
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Moh247: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. But you acknowledge it's existence and place, do you not?, undecided

2. Your statement is rife with contradictions. . undecided

No I do not recognize it's existence

Wakanda is an imaginary place that exist in the mind of Hollywood movie makers

I rever the concept

But

I do not believe in existence of wakanda

This is simply what Prof wole Soyinka said

You can respect and Revere people's beliefs without actually believing in it's existence
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Sapeleomi: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2022
Larrycool1234:
Jesus is coming soon
Biggest scam for the last 2,000 years. Christ seemed like a good guy with good intention like my icons Mandela, Fidel Castrol, Malcolm X. Martin Luther Kings, Buddha, Awolowo and Azikiwe.
The guy done die. RIP...
Africans should move on and invest in personal developments rather than fear, myth and superstition.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
1. No I do not recognize it's existence. Wakanda is an imaginary place that exist in the mind of Hollywood movie makers

2. I rever the concept But I do not believe in existence of wakanda

3. This is simply what Prof wole Soyinka said

4. You can respect and Revere people's beliefs without actually believing in it's existence
1. undecided

2. Now you are making more sense.

3. Wrong! That is not what Soyinka said... again, reread
nlfpmod:

But religion? No I don’t worship any deity. But I consider deities as creatively real and therefore my companions in my journey in both the real world and the imaginative world.
4. Yes, you can do that but that is not what Soyinka is quoted as saying here at all. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by ATLIEN2027: 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2022
Larrycool1234:
Jesus is coming soon
Mumu man.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by joelala(m): 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
Yes! because intelligent and smart people are very logical, analytical and practical in the way they view things and religion defies logic and critical thinking, just obey and follow like zombie.

You call him fool, yet! none of your religious prophets and pastors has the level of intelligence he has and has achieved what he has achieved, he is even living longer than most believers. So tell me one good example why he needs a skydaddy to give him directions on what to do?

We are controllable by the things we fear, no fear no control.

charlesdinho7:
people who are very brilliant do not believe in the existence of God. Soyinka is an educated fool

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by RelevantUpdates: 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy

A Jehovah witness calling someone foolish on a public forum?!

What a pity ?!

Where is the Love and Understanding that you preach ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Satazaa: 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2022
GenerousK:

You speak from your perspective and the people around you. There are several billionaires in strong world currencies who ascribe their wealth and riches to this "sky daddy" I actually believe it is "poor people" who deliberate the existence or non existence of God. The rich know their source is GOD!
yes the rich know that there is God but do thier actions shows same? hell no, they wear the same face the masses they exploit wear, so that themselves and their descendants will forever continue to exploit the masses who sees them as one of thier own, Dangote will rather prefer her daughter to marry paddy adenuga than allow a miserable talakawa to marry his daughter even if they practice the same religion, your top politicians knows this and that's why they never fight on religious line's when it comes to sharing the masses money but will never fail to occupy the front rows of churches and mosques after sharing and donating peanuts undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by charlesdinho7(m): 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2022
EM123:
if soyinka is a fool what are you? I think there is no difference between some of us and bokoharam , how can you insult an elder just because he doesn't believe in imaginary god that you believe in.
it is not my fault that you are a stupid atheist
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2022
Satazaa:
yes the rich know that there is God but do thier actions shows same? hell no, they wear the same face the masses they exploit wear, so that themselves and their descendants will forever continue to exploit the masses who sees them as one of thier own, Dangote will rather prefer her daughter to marry paddy adenuga than allow a miserable talakawa to marry his daughter even if they practice the same religion, your top politicians knows this and that's why they never fight on religious line's when it comes to sharing the masses money but will never fail to occupy the front rows of churches and mosques after sharing and donating peanuts undecided
Is that any different from what your many religious leaders do? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Cde1: 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2022
Really
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Johel(m): 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2022
wiseone28:
You will know you need one when you can't open your eyes anymore or move your body.

Even in death, no one needs religion.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Johel(m): 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy

A fool calling the wise foolish is more foolish than a fool.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / German Parents Not Allowed To Name Their Child Lucifer / Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.