Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka (25562 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Any Religion or Secret group that entices people with money Is satanic / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by GenerousK: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ajay7411:
Religion is the opium of the masses smiley

Indeed! I bet you are not aware of accomplished men in the western world who are also feeding on this opium
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by omonnakoda: 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:

Athiest means someone that doesn't believe in God

Baba said religion and diety are Mythology and human imaginative construct

What else do you want him to say to help you get it that he thinks God is a myth and a figment of your imagination

"But religion? No I don’t worship any deity. But I consider deities as creatively real and therefore my companions in my journey in both the real world and the imaginative world.”
Simple English comprehension. Yes or no
Did he say he is an atheist?

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by GenerousK: 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
EKONGKING:
Only broke ass people think there is a white or Arab god watching them and saving them and yet still leaving them poor.
No wonder 133 million people are believer's in SKY daddy and Sky daddy rewarded them to live in country with most number of poor people grin grin grin grin

Modified

One of the 133 million people.living in multidi.ensional poverty spotted just above me ,
Awaiting g for his SKY daddy to come and save him.

You speak from your perspective and the people around you. There are several billionaires in strong world currencies who ascribe their wealth and riches to this "sky daddy" I actually believe it is "poor people" who deliberate the existence or non existence of God. The rich know their source is GOD!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Abbeytoy(m): 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Automatically? None.... but wait a minute, which Heaven? undecided

The one you said none to grin
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Moh247: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2022
omonnakoda:

Yes he said he is an atheist

Simple English

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2022
omonnakoda:
I doubt he meant in any way that he is an atheist. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by EM123: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok suit yourself but now I realise that old age doesn't define wisdom a man of 85years with great experience and knowledge of the universe can still be foolish human, because only God can give u accurate information about himself and his creation..It takes a higher being to led lower beings into true life experiences...RIP dad we love you
you just ended up spiting rubbish from your mouth

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2022
It is your right to travel by I hate God Motors or "I don't want God motors, so why disturb us.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by BlackFlamefromP: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2022
Wole Soyinka is an evolved SOUL.

Souls who are highly evolved have no need for religion and no need to worship any deity because they intuitively know that 'I and my FATHER are one'. They feel a sense of ONENESS with ALL THAT IS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by omonnakoda: 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:

Simple English
He did not utter the word atheist
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by EM123: 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
fasho01:
You're simply confused sir
he is not confuse , rather he is facing reality. Not imaginary god.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
GenerousK:

You speak from your perspective and the people around you. There are several billionaires in strong world currencies who ascribe their wealth and riches to this "sky daddy" I actually believe it is "poor people" who deliberate the existence or non existence of God. The rich know their source is GOD!

Or Satan!

But, They know!
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
Simple English
No he did not. undecided

A mythologist is not necessarily an atheist. All he did was establish that he does not worship a deity. Some mythologist worship deity(ies). undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by omonnakoda: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I doubt he meant in any way that he is an atheist. undecided
He did not say he is and never uttered the word
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2022
EM123:
he is not confuse , rather he is facing reality. Not imaginary god.

True! The real eyeity that God casted him aside since as God did to Saul, Solomon, Esau etc

We know that people become atheist when they see and real eyes that God would not be having any business with them.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Moh247: 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2022
omonnakoda:
He did not utter the word atheist

It's just common sense

If someone said I do not eat meat, should you still be asking if the person said he is vegetarian?!

Or If a person says I can not read, should you still be asking if the person is litrate or not
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by omonnakoda: 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:

It's just common sense

If someone said I do not eat meat, should you still be asking if the person said he is vegetarian?!

Or If a person says I can not read, should you still be asking if the person is litrate or not
English is your problem

Half literacy is worse than illiteracy

He never said he is an atheist and nothing he said implies that he is.
The fundamental problem is you cannot comprehend simple English

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by sageb: 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1594700545155076097?s=20&t=sy718DsZXHMp8T3THItG_Q

Our professor is A Deist who will soon join the Atheists.
@coooooks come and see one of your members
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by EM123: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
charlesdinho7:
people who are very brilliant do not believe in the existence of God. Soyinka is an educated fool
if soyinka is a fool what are you? I think there is no difference between some of us and bokoharam , how can you insult an elder just because he doesn't believe in imaginary god that you believe in.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
It's just common sense

2. If someone said I do not eat meat, should you still be asking if the person said he is vegetarian?!

3. Or If a person says I can not read, should you still be asking if the person is litrate or not
Nothing commonsense about what you claim as it is instead an invalid conclusion which you offer up here. undecided

Buddhists for example do not worship a diety but they are not atheists. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Moh247: 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
omonnakoda:
English is your problem

Half literacy is worse than illiteracy

He never said he is an atheist and nothing he said implies that he is.
The fundamental problem is you cannot comprehend simple English

Like I said you haven't applied common sense and am not here to help you reason

Only a child needs to be spoon fed because even an idiot should be able to read between the fine lines

A person calls religion and gods figment of your imagination created in the recess of your own mind to give answers you seek,

Yet you ask if such person believes in a God in another dimension or spiritual world

I think engaging you is pretty useless as people like you need a funnel to feed you information
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by AndroidAI(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
charlesdinho7:
people who are very brilliant do not believe in the existence of God. Soyinka is an educated fool

And people who are very dumb tend to believe in the existence of God. Doesn't that tells you something?

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by spbaba07: 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
olaoye15:
Religion is the opium of thr masses. Truth be told, if religion is what Nigerians practice, I also don't need any.

I need an answer to this question.

Does God have a religion?
What religion did Jesus christ practice when he was on earth?
Thinking out load.
n Jesus Christ do not practicing any religion but only came to correct some mistakes people committed through religious they are.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Moh247: 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No he did not. undecided

A mythologist is not necessarily an atheist. All he did was establish that he does not worship a deity. Some mythologist worship deity(ies). undecided

Athiest are anyone who doesn't believe in God or Spirit world

Wole Soyinka doesn't believe in Religion, Diety or God, instead he thinks it's mythology created within human mind to answer questions
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by sulaak(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE&ab_channel=ChrissyA1

"Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool" - Mark Twain.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Patriotsleague: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy
Wiser than you, were your forebears religious people?
No.
We had our spiritual ways, we pray. Organised religion is not what will take you to salvation, truth will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) / Five things Nigerian Pastors do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.