Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (47608 Views)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by womenareapezz: 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2022
SMJay:
What is the brutal truth about life after marriage?
you ediots should stop marrying naija women that's all angry

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Kumosisi(m): 9:36pm On Nov 26, 2022
OP.. it should be after wedding instead of marriage..

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Richy4(m): 9:36pm On Nov 26, 2022
GboyegaD:

I was just trying to explain what marriage really is.
I know.. Just messing with you man. smiley
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by CeeJeckydivah: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by almarthins(m): 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
faithfull18:
If you marry the right one who truly understands what marriage is about, truly loves God and keeps his commands, doesn't cheat or sleep around, is 100% honest and transparent about everything, is diligent and you both can work together to achieve common goals, you will enjoy heaven on earth wink

Let us minus money wether the word "understanding" go still exist for inside the marriage?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by cassyrooy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
ahnie:
Here to read funny comments
Talk your own!
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Tradepunter2: 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
You will know that there's a world of difference between being broke as a single man and being broke as a married man.

Chai..... Na waaaoooo
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Odebayo4010(m): 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
The Nature will Show You Both Positive And Negative Sides

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by RosyIsBlessed: 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
Be ready to accommodate a lot.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by searchlight: 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
jelel6:

This brought back memories and got me hysterical. grin grin

I was very recently close to a girl for about a year, not romantically but quite close and good friends. Naturally, we both did help each other out as our capacity permits.

We had a week-long quarrel once and as we both sat down to talk things through, she said with a straight face that I don't ever help her with a particular "issue". worse thing, she said that in passing without any prompt from me. I was so shocked I said goodnight and went to sleep. I just had to pretend that was never said so we could both move on.

Guess what cause our initial quarrel? At the course of me helping her with THAT same particular "issue". undecided grin Something I've been helping with every now and then for over 8 months. Rude awakening!

I was shocked. I thought I was in cuckooland. I don't easily get flustered but she easily did got me that day. It'd much easier for you to convince me 2 + 2 = 0 than make me understand why she said what she said.

I can only imagine how a married man (woman? hardly) must feel if their loving wife just bloat out "what have you ever done for me?" in the middle of an argument. grin

Our sisters, and wifeys them, that are guilty of the above in the heat of the moment, why Una dey yarn that talk. I would truly like to know? wink

You can do 99 things for a girl and the only thing she will remember you with is that very one thing that you didnt do for her

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by poweredcom(m): 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2022
Savedday:
The day you get marry to a 9ja girl, you start dieing slowly.

9ja girls are so useless and evil. They can never love.

Truly almost all naija gals have notin to offer in marriage

Even in relationship they are all useless and dats d reason they are into prostitition

These days 80 percent of gals are using dem hole to cash out

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by poweredcom(m): 9:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
womenareapezz:

They wont hear , all of dem can lead a struggling man to his early grave

Uselesss piece of creatures

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. The chances of achieving your goal become impossible or ultra slim.

2. As a father you will hardly have time for yourself because you are bothered about family bills.

3. Your only joy as a father is that your kids are healthy, intelligent, and becoming responsible.

4. As a father, the love your family has for you is predicated on the magnitude of your food storage and the depth of your pocket.

5. As a father when things go sour, the respect from nuclear and extended family plummets.

6. As a mother, you must serve your husband and children. You don't have time for vacations or rest.

7. As a father you will have at least one child that will behave in such a manner that it is as if he/she hates the family and wants to ruin the family name intentionally.

8. As a father only loyalty to your vows will keep you from infidelity because your wife will become boring by the day. Ditto for the mother.

9. The flames that run the marriage don't burn on their own. To keep the marriage fresh and the union alive the husband and wife must fan the flames.

10. As a father you'll one day be shocked and remain long-standing with mouth wide open, eyes gazing far when you are being asked "what have you done for me that you are using to boast".

11. As a mother you'll be expected to lead and provide even though it is not within your jurisdiction.

Marriage is a dreadful but enjoyable journey and must only be engaged by men and women who will be accountable and deliberate enough to hold to their specific marriage vows. Because marriage is the building block of civilization. The man and woman must be buoyant in the financial, physical, and spiritual angles (not religious) with no emotional baggage.

Thanks.
Very good response!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by PricelessGem1: 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please create WhatsApp group for those of us trusting God for our Life Partners. For me, I am only here to read comments and experiences of the married.
Chinny024:
You owe yourself the obligation to be happy..
Oya come join WhatsApp group..

Learn from other people's experience,feel the fun,cruise and vibe...

NB

Must be married

Send text *add me* to this number,send an email indicating interest or quote with *Add me* let me reach you.

0808 861 9000

You won't regret being there!

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
You will know that there's a world of difference between being broke as a single man and being broke as a married man.

Add children to that equation and you will know that there is hell on earth.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Pickmycall: 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
I prefer to die single and when I know my body cannot carry me any longer.My papa went through a lot rasing us as we reach a football team.Children no be achievement.Na to take good care of them be the Koko.

24 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by cassyrooy(m): 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
meetme01:
Marry someone that aligns with your dream and passion.

Be prepared to make it work- come rain, come shine.

Don't marry a woman with lot of friends.

Communication..Communication and Communication is key

Be open and be real

Discuss everything and anything

Don't hide anything from your partner. If you guys agree it's a secret, let it be.

I never marry but I don't like people that move with their Cartel/Parliament. Negative views can easily creep in.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by knowhowk: 9:54pm On Nov 26, 2022
Helpout12345:
All pretence will end from both parties. You will see each other in 3D.

You will be offended and re-offended. Your tolerance and forgiveness will be tested over and over again.

No marriage is perfect as no one is perfect.

If you marry for the wrong reason or married a wrong person, or if marriage is not for your type of person,
the marriage will be terrible.

If marriage is meant for you, you marry the right person for the right reasons, you have the compatibility, both of you truly love each other, finance is adequate for both of you, you will enjoy the marriage.
There are no such thing as the right Person

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Tradepunter2: 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2022
Rubbiish:

All these things u are saying happens in the movies. What do u mean by love & be ur friend? In marriage real stuff comes in, school fees, house rent, feeding etc. The word love is pure deception. Didn't u read a story of a guy on this section whose wife left him because he is unable to provide for the home? We should stop deceiving intending couples with love, it is misleading.

I think what the writer meant was that there should be honest feeling...

Take for example I knew a girl, she was seeing someone that guy was just managing...

I tried winning her over cuz I have what it takes to take care of her and she said she's sorry that she loves the guy and is willing to stick with him and help him achieve his goals...

I was Soo moved because I never knew girls like her still exist.... I ended up giving her some funds to help support her man...

So my standard now for a girl is there must be true love, I know how to bring out the pretense from women

When I say true love... Lady that will show some side to her and she will be like fk it, let's do it....

Because if she japa then she wasn't the one

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by knowhowk: 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2022
frozen70:

Finance is not the major problem of marriage, the main problem is the attitude of the person you are married to
You are Wrong...

Which Kain attitudes... Seen people with Amazing attitudes ,Angelic.. When Poverty was not seems to be leaving this Couple Na so wife former good attitudes changes immediately.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by searchlight: 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2022
To me marriage is a business partnership that benefits only the women. Can anyone point out any advantage a man has over the wife in that union? Have you ever wondered why married folks will always be pressuring the single guys to marry? They simply want you to enter the same suffering that they are in already. They envy your freedom and sometimes tend to bully you into marrying. Marriage is a cage for men and a poverty alleviation program for most women. Marriage is the biggest legal scam that women scam the men, know this and know peace.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jelel6: 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

You should've reminded her of all the ones you've done for her before.

@bolded, we're naturally entitled beings. cheesy

At that moment, just like @Cave said, I became honestly speechless. I don't think somebody who'd say that can be 'reminded' about all that was done before. Atleast, not in that very moment.

So, you admit it's something you'd say yourself in the moment? It's not the nicest feeling for a guy to hear that, I'll tell you.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Legendguy(m): 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2022
womenareapezz:

I'll like to marry outside the shores of Nigeria but I don't have any means to travel out.
Even the foreign female nationals in Nigeria must have been corrupted by Nigeria girls, eg, ghana, cameroon
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Satazaa: 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
the brutal truth is that Nigerian marriages is not between man and wife but between spouses and their respective immidiate families and in some instances thier extended marriage, you dare not complain especially if your spouse is the type that says if you know you love me you must love my family, so if you live in cities where everyone flocks to in search of greener pastures then your home will forever be thier home, and guess what it never ever ends well undecided

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Satazaa: 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
Meant thier extended families undecided
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Jmeliodas: 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
Marriage is about bills bills bills. Less time for lovy dovy!

Money is extremely important in marriage else ...,make i shut up

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by RIDOO: 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
faithfull18:
If you marry the right one who truly understands what marriage is about, truly loves God and keeps his commands, doesn't cheat or sleep around, is 100% honest and transparent about everything, is diligent and you both can work together to achieve common goals, you will enjoy heaven on earth wink

To marry the person that has the fear of God is very essential cos there are times that it'will be the word of God that will keep them going.Other things might not matter again.

Moreover it keeps couple away from a lot of distractions like: adultery,night crawling,unforgiveness, fight,hatred,malice and so many others.When couples have God as the author in their marriage then they have a good will.Though marriage is not a bed of roses o...but they will be able to conquer most things that comes their ways .

A man or a woman must standup for something and it will be the driving force of a marriage and what or who we stand for goes a long way to determine the type of marriage we'll build.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by koladebrainiac(m): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2022
Have money as a man
As a lady n a man - be ready to compromise alot
As a man -dont ever marry someone who spent time on social media or Tik Tok,even don't marry those who over Fantasize how marriage should be
Never venture into marriage if the lady is claiming feminity e get why

Both should sit down n discuss clearly what u expect from each other including financial contribution-very important

Consider the family too. Shey the parent support or not

Look at the job she is doing - banker e.g marketer or sales person,Artist e.g Yoruba actress or actors (,red flag)

Finally,if u have money ,self made above your woman, you can date any of these listed

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by searchlight: 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2022
Sweetvie:
Marriage is not easy
Marry someone who's ready to stand with you. Someone who is ready to help you achieve ur dream. Marry a woman that see things in same view as you.
As the head of the house be ready for challenges. Yeah, no marriage is perfect... No person is perfect so don't be surprise if there's little changes in ur partner be mature enough to handle the situation.
Lastly, communication is the key to every relationship. It for better for worst so don't be ashame to share secret, don't keep things from each other it do cause a lot of misunderstanding in marriage. Let your wife/ husband be ur best pal smiley
Why don't you want to tell him the truth?
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ravensckar(m): 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2022
STENON:
Live and love your life together. Don't listen to any motivational speakers or read any rubbish hacks on how to have a peaceful home because they are also dealing with their own marital problems which they won't tell you.
Is this really who I think it is? cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Adexgentle005(m): 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2022
MufasaLion:
If you're not financially buoyant, you will regret it.
I couldn’t agree more!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by searchlight: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2022
tete7000:
It is that if it is not founded on foundation of truth, it will boomerang. God should be the basis of every marriage.
Oga there is nothing like God. So all these marriages breaking are not founded on God? Stop deceiving people with God

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Housewife Caught With Lover At Home, Beats Up Husband / Wife Gets Husband Arrested On His Way To Marry 5th Wife / How Can I Adopt A Child In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.