Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (47650 Views)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by mariahAngel(f): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
jelel6:

At that moment, just like @Cave said, I became honestly speechless. I don't think somebody who'd say that can be 'reminded' about all that was done before. Atleast, not in that very moment.

So, you admit it's something you'd say yourself in the moment? It's not the nicest feeling for a guy to hear that, I'll tell you.

I would never say that intentionally, especially to spite. (I'm not that ungrateful/insensitive.)
I just would never stop asking/expecting.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ravensckar(m): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
Sweetvie:
Marriage is not easy
Marry someone who's ready to stand with you. Someone who is ready to help you achieve ur dream. Marry a woman that see things in same view as you.
As the head of the house be ready for challenges. Yeah, no marriage is perfect... No person is perfect so don't be surprise if there's little changes in ur partner be mature enough to handle the situation.
Lastly, communication is the key to every relationship. It for better for worst so don't be ashame to share secret, don't keep things from each other it do cause a lot of misunderstanding in marriage. Let your wife/ husband be ur best pal smiley
When person wey never marry drop quote, e no dey hard to know.

Well done Marriage Counsellor! cheesy cheesy cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by fineboynl(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2022
Never marry a woman that leave you to follow another man and later come back to you.

Man only need fear and respect from their wife. Not love. If your wife doesn’t fear and respect you just forget it.

If you are dating a girl that can insult you in your front or in your back. Red flag.

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by franchasng: 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2022
MufasaLion:
If you're not financially buoyant, you will regret it.
For single unmarried young men, please take this comment seriously.

The number one challenge you will have in marriage of today as a man is financial challenge. If you conquer financial challenge and able to have babies, then I think marriage will never be an issue for you.

So prepare yourself for a hectic financial future after marriage

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Smartphil(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
Jeez!

Abeg make i use this opportunity enjoy my bachelor's life.

Because Life after marriage na Shege proMax embarassed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by seanwilliam(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
ibkayee:
Not being able to sleep diagonally on the bed anymore

I’m not yet married but I really don’t like sharing my bed grin, 90% of time if my girl comes around, I’ll stylishly leave the bed when she’s fast asleep, except if we one do the do.

angry grin
Another thing is I hate make women Dey wear my boxers on come over.
I also hate sharing same toilet .

One night , I woke up in the middle of night , I looked up to my girl on the bed , if you see the way she take sleep and open mouth , I say shey na wetin I Dey kiss be this grin grin
True true I never ready for marriage grin

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Miyachi: 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
jelel6:

This brought back memories and got me hysterical. grin grin

I was very recently close to a girl for about a year, not romantically but quite close and good friends. Naturally, we both did help each other out as our capacity permits.

We had a week-long quarrel once and as we both sat down to talk things through, she said with a straight face that I don't ever help her with a particular "issue". worse thing, she said that in passing without any prompt from me. I was so shocked I said goodnight and went to sleep. I just had to pretend that was never said so we could both move on.

Guess what cause our initial quarrel? At the course of me helping her with THAT same particular "issue". undecided grin Something I've been helping with every now and then for over 8 months. Rude awakening!

I was shocked. I thought I was in cuckooland. I don't easily get flustered but she easily did got me that day. It'd much easier for you to convince me 2 + 2 = 0 than make me understand why she said what she said.

I can only imagine how a married man (woman? hardly) must feel if their loving wife just bloat out "what have you ever done for me?" in the middle of an argument. grin

Our sisters, and wifeys them, that are guilty of the above in the heat of the moment, why Una dey yarn that talk. I would truly like to know? wink

It is more terrible when you hear it from your ward, someone you've nurtured and cared for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jelel6: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
Miyachi:

It is more terrible when you hear it from your ward, someone you've nurtured and cared for.

Like children or relatives? That'd be devastating.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by tete7000(m): 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
searchlight:
Oga there is nothing like God. So all these marriages breaking are not founded on God? Stop deceiving people with God

Ignorance is bliss. Unfortunately, that we deny reality does not stop reality from existing. One day we will know whether there is God or not. In the meantime, enjoy and wallow in your ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by meetme01: 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
cassyrooy:
I never marry but I don't like people that move with their Cartel/Parliament. Negative views can easily creep in.

That's the main reason.

Women can easily change with their friends view on issues. Wrong advice et al

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by aimmoney9: 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
jelel6:

This brought back memories and got me hysterical. grin grin

I was very recently close to a girl for about a year, not romantically but quite close and good friends. Naturally, we both did help each other out as our capacity permits.

We had a week-long quarrel once and as we both sat down to talk things through, she said with a straight face that I don't ever help her with a particular "issue". worse thing, she said that in passing without any prompt from me. I was so shocked I said goodnight and went to sleep. I just had to pretend that was never said so we could both move on.

Guess what cause our initial quarrel? At the course of me helping her with THAT same particular "issue". undecided grin Something I've been helping with every now and then for over 8 months. Rude awakening!

I was shocked. I thought I was in cuckooland. I don't easily get flustered but she easily did got me that day. It'd much easier for you to convince me 2 + 2 = 0 than make me understand why she said what she said.

I can only imagine how a married man (woman? hardly) must feel if their loving wife just bloat out "what have you ever done for me?" in the middle of an argument. grin

Our sisters, and wifeys them, that are guilty of the above in the heat of the moment, why Una dey yarn that talk. I would truly like to know? wink

It is because Women only truly appreciate those who satisfy them in bed, as in back to back orgasms and making her cum and squirt....... grin grin grin

If you buy a woman many houses, cars, with huge cash gifts, and even give her the whole world without sexually satisfying her, she will ask u dat question...... grin grin grin

If you are sexually satisfying her without giving her shi shi, plus even beating her and treating her bad, she will never ask u dat question... grin grin

Women don't use fvck to play...... grin grin

A woman can't ask a guy sexually satisfying her dat question, sex is something else for women .........e.g the cheating wives on nairaland can never ask der side boyfriend's this question....... grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ravensckar(m): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2022
As for me, I'll say marriage is like a copied assignment. Only the one from whom you've copied understands what he/she has written while the one who copies from another person will never be able to explain it.

All these talk about love, communication & friendship na big scam.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by seanwilliam(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2022
theophorus:
1. Your Wife is always right.

2. You will be the one to always apologize.

3. Sex reduces as Children comes in.

4. Outside you are a Lion but inside you are a Cat.

5. Money is good and important

6. Beauty without brain is a Curse.

7. Fine boy without Work is Endemic

8. You will sometimes feel you should never have married.

9. She seems not to want peace.

10. Verbal abuse is a norm

But still on still being married is Bae

This is contradicting.
After all you’ve listed you still ended up with marriage is a bae grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by searchlight: 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2022
Tradepunter2:

I think what the writer meant was that there should be honest feeling...

Take for example I knew a girl, she was seeing someone that guy was just managing...

I tried winning her over cuz I have what it takes to take care of her and she said she's sorry that she loves the guy and is willing to stick with him and help him achieve his goals...

I was Soo moved because I never knew girls like her still exist.... I ended up giving her some funds to help support her man...

So my standard now for a girl is there must be true love, I know how to bring out the pretense from women

When I say true love... Lady that will show some side to her and she will be like fk it, let's do it....

Because if she japa then she wasn't the one
The lady is just smart, if she's that good she wouldn't have allowed you get her at first. If you had wanted to knack her she wouldn't have resisted you. She knows you wont take her serious so she want a person in her level that will value her. If you had knacked her and persisted she would have left the broke ass guy. that's a fact

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by TruthHurts100: 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2022
SMJay:
What is the brutal truth about life after marriage?

You'd realize its not as interesting as it seems
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Asour: 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2022
faithfull18:
If you marry the right one who truly understands what marriage is about, truly loves God and keeps his commands, doesn't cheat or sleep around, is 100% honest and transparent about everything, is diligent and you both can work together to achieve common goals, you will enjoy heaven on earth wink

Sure.

That goes without saying.

Same way if you have a perfect car.
Same way if you have a perfect job.
Same way if you have a perfect Business.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 10:18pm On Nov 26, 2022
seanwilliam:

I’m not yet married but I really don’t like sharing my bed grin, 90% of time if my girl comes around, I’ll stylishly leave the bed when she’s fast asleep, except if we one do the do.

angry grin
Another thing is I hate make women Dey wear my boxers on come over.
I also hate sharing same toilet .

One night , I woke up in the middle of night , I looked up to my girl on the bed , if you see the way she take sleep and open mouth , I say shey na wetin I Dey kiss be this grin grin
True true I never ready for marriage grin
Lmaooo this is why I believe in separate rooms for married couples grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Satazaa: 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2022
FashionCookie:
If you marry the wrong man/woman, the Devil will leave you alone because he knows you are finished!
boy o boy this is super hilarious, hahaha undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Lastpharoah33: 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2022
theophorus:
1. Your Wife is always right.

2. You will be the one to always apologize.

3. Sex reduces as Children comes in.

4. Outside you are a Lion but inside you are a Cat.

5. Money is good and important

6. Beauty without brain is a Curse.

7. Fine boy without Work is Endemic

8. You will sometimes feel you should never have married.

9. She seems not to want peace.

10. Verbal abuse is a norm

But still on still being married is Bae

The last five points you highlighted is quite scary and Stark at the same time.

I want to believe you are just being sarcastic at the bolded?
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by underpinna: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. The chances of achieving your goal become impossible or ultra slim.

2. As a father you will hardly have time for yourself because you are bothered about family bills.

3. Your only joy as a father is that your kids are healthy, intelligent, and becoming responsible.

4. As a father, the love your family has for you is predicated on the magnitude of your food storage and the depth of your pocket.

5. As a father when things go sour, the respect from nuclear and extended family plummets.

6. As a mother, you must serve your husband and children. You don't have time for vacations or rest.

7. As a father you will have at least one child that will behave in such a manner that it is as if he/she hates the family and wants to ruin the family name intentionally.

8. As a father only loyalty to your vows will keep you from infidelity because your wife will become boring by the day. Ditto for the mother.

9. The flames that run the marriage don't burn on their own. To keep the marriage fresh and the union alive the husband and wife must fan the flames.

10. As a father you'll one day be shocked and remain long-standing with mouth wide open, eyes gazing far when you are being asked "what have you done for me that you are using to boast".

11. As a mother you'll be expected to lead and provide even though it is not within your jurisdiction.

Marriage is a dreadful but enjoyable journey and must only be engaged by men and women who will be accountable and deliberate enough to hold to their specific marriage vows. Because marriage is the building block of civilization. The man and woman must be buoyant in the financial, physical, and spiritual angles (not religious) with no emotional baggage.

Thanks.

That your number 10 makes me laugh but funnily, women dem yeye sometimes. My friend said that the day you failed to give a woman N10 at her request is the day you'll know that the billions you spent are waste.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by cassyrooy(m): 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2022
meetme01:

That's the main reason.

Women can easily change with their friends view on issues. Wrong advice et al
You that lonely ranger can easily tolerate and endure things, she can be resilient and resistant to hard times but Cartel/Parliament will always open loopholes that will make the relationship crash immediately by overstimulating their members ego and this can be so when they're a Cartel/Parliament of heartbroken women.

And sometimes, these women's Cartel/Parliament are guys who want to shoot shots too.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Lastpharoah33: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
Azularis:
Marriage is over rated. It takes the Grace of God for it to last. Though married at times I wish I was single. If not for God, I for don run.

wow, easy right there bro.

You guys are really scaring us with lines like this,

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by searchlight: 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
tete7000:

Ignorance is bliss. Unfortunately, that we deny reality does not stop reality from existing. One day we will know whether there is God or not. In the meantime, enjoy and wallow in your ignorance.
Lol, So you mean that with all your wisdom you believe there is one sky papa that sees to the day to day happening in the lives of over 9 billion people in the world? The brainwashing is deep that you will die without living your natural life. There is nothing like God, stop deceiving yourself and stop giving yourself false hope. No one fights forn you. You are a product of your actions or inactions. Know this and know peace

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Miyachi: 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2022
jelel6:

Like children or relatives? That'd be devastating.
Children. I personally know of a case where the father is going through hell from his own children.
His daughter claiming independent business woman under his roof, even converting one of the rooms in his house to a chicken coop. But still she does not respect this man.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ahnie: 10:37pm On Nov 26, 2022
cassyrooy:
Talk your own!
Nothing to talk honestly
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Johnnonye(m): 10:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
Very funny
ravensckar:
When person wey never marry drop quote, e no dey hard to know.

Well done Marriage Counsellor! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by irumanle(m): 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
frozen70:

Finance is not the major problem of marriage, the main problem is the attitude of the person you are married to
No allow them decieve you o

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by pongwa(m): 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
IyaTola:
It’s boring. Ish gets real and you see true colors. It’s a test to see if you can deal with a persons negative energy. Nobody is perfect but can you deal with THAT person’s negative seasons? Can you forgive easily? Or will you eventually get tired of the bs??
thats just it
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jelel6: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

I would never say that intentionally, especially to spite. (I'm not that ungrateful/insensitive.)

Thank Goodness.

I just would never stop asking/expecting.

Obviously!
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by pongwa(m): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

wow, easy right there bro.

You guys are really scaring us with lines like this,
its the truth, take it or leave

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence / Wife Gets Husband Arrested On His Way To Marry 5th Wife / Queen Ella-Mo' Adenugba With Discolored BabyBump Lashes Out At Haters [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.