Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) (75775 Views)

Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Wild Animal Caught About To... / We Are Recruiting For Our Goat Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by KwaraRat: 2:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

LOL, that thing does not work oh, I did same for my poultry farm but I realized it wasn't animal but evil forces, I had to design mine in such a big man standing tall with big head but it didn't work.
Pls elaborate.

I am all ears for the paranormal . This is Africa (TIA) after all.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by femtex007(m): 2:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
habsydiamond:
Ur farm must be close to a forest.. its a wild animal's doing. Wolf, hyena, fox and Co.
It's certainly wolf
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by CaseSensitive(m): 2:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
This is most likely the handiwork of a stray dog or wild cat because a leopard will make away with the catch and an hyena or jackal will most likely devour the catch to the bone.

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
JuanDeDios:

I don't think people know much about HABITAT around here with the way the just mention animals.
What is HABITAT?

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by kelvine(m): 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
I know almost nothing about this, reading gives a good feeling that the world is a very big place with several professionals.

Are you guys not scared of being attacked by this animals?

FreshFarmAgro:
You should start worrying about your safety not the goats. Whatever killed the goat in such a cruel manner must be really cruel

I'm writing this to tell you to be careful about your life.

This clearly is the doings of a dangerous animal

Now, let me advice you professionally.

Go and do deep research on why animal rearers always choose to pair a donkey alongside other animals like yours while raising them. This can be the answer to saving you from such losses into the future.

Be careful. Be it an hyena, a fox or a jackal. These animals can be deadly

An hyena doesn't need to kill an animal from the neck, though it's not that it can not. This suggests another dangerous animal

Jackal Diet

Jackals are nocturnal, omnivorous scavengers. With their long legs and curved canine teeth, they are well adapted for hunting

Jackals kill small prey with a bite to the back of the neck.

Range & habitat

All jackal species live in Africa, albeit in different regions.

Diet

Jackals can be both diurnal and nocturnal. This means that they can look for food both day and night. All jackals are omnivorous, meaning that their diet consists of both meat and plants.

Highlight

" When it comes to killing small prey, they usually do so by delivering a bite to the back of the neck and vigorously shaking the animal. "

Possible culprits

Jackal

Fox

Juvenile Leopard

African civet

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
JuanDeDios:

I don't think people know much about HABITAT around here with the way the just mention animals.
What is HABITAT? ..

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by belshazzar(m): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
It could be a warewolf or vampire, am sure it's one of the two . Btw don rule our hyena and maybe wild dogs too
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by greypencils: 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
Opoki:

Thanks for your input, I've been thinking about the possibility of fox or wolf couple with the face that hunters still hunts very close to us, we hear gunshots both day and night.
Wolves are temperate animals. There are no wolves in sub-Saharan Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by MideMrPossible: 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
Ransomware:

If you have nor disturbed the crime scene, first thing you should look for is prints, any foot print that is not from the goat should be the first direction you look at

No visible prints, we are in dry season and the terrain here is solid clayey soil littered with dried leaves.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Nadeol: 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
@OP: Please be careful, any animal that can do this to his or her fellow animal is capable of also doing it to a human being. CAREFUL please.

4 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by mrksquare: 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
falcon01:
I wanted to say Komodo Dragon, but I remember that Komofo Dragon Will swallow everything.

Komodo dragon is only native to Indonesia. It is not native to Africa.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Grandmeister(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
habsydiamond:
Ur farm must be close to a forest.. its a wild animal's doing. Wolf, hyena, fox and Co.
Wolf for sub Saharan Africa?
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Saig: 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr85NFhuwJk

We are having this kind of attack second time this month and the pattern of the attack is exactly the same.

Due to farm invasion of our livestocks, we only allow them to graze at night and leave them till daybreak while we let them into their cage.

The first victim of this wild attack was Huda ram, he was sick and want missing, after about the third day, we found him with his head ripped off from the neck, likewise the second goat, brought in for mating about 12 days ago, felt sick, recovering, went to graze and the second day we met him this way.

We are currently working on installing perimeter net for the first part of the land we intend to use for livestock, that's about 3 acres, it separates the farm from the remaining land meant for crop plantation.

Which animal do you think is on the prowl?
Kindly suggest how to capture or kill this animal.

My name is Mide Oludipe, I'm a graduate of geography and I'm a regenerative agriculture expert seeking to create a niche in modern agriculture. Please kindly Subscribe to my channel
Thanks.
If you can install camera it will help

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by MideMrPossible: 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2022
kelvine:
I know almost nothing about this, reading gives a good feeling that the world is a very big place with several professionals.

Na condition make us enter into the wild as per say we no fit commit crime, months ago when I was hearing several gun shot close to us, I went to the community chief to ask why there are such several gun shot during the day and at night, he smiled and said it is actually for our protection that the wild animals tend to move closer to river and hunt close to settlements during the dry season and that's exactly what we are experiencing.

7 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by mrksquare: 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2022
ugbarreta:
You all leaving in that area should be extremely conscious of your environment, it could be hyena or fox and if you have little children around please never leave them alone and always watch them. Stay safe.

Hyena will have went with the entire remains. It can't be hyena.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Grandmeister(m): 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
gammarays1:
I'll suspect a civet cat
We call them edi abali, don't know what you guys call it.

It targets the neck of it's pray goats, sheep or chickens.

A wild leopard can do that too but would have dragged the animal to finish it.

Hyenas are scavengers and will flex the animal leaving the bones behind.
This. A leopard will take the goat away ASAP to a more secured and elevated location to eat it at leisure. Are civets strong enough to take down a goat?

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by FreshFarmAgro: 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
kelvine:

You need to see me alone in my forest farmland alone on an 100 acres grassland.

My dear, i fear what poverty can do. I'd rather confront wild beats than tolerate poverty

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
KwaraRat:

Pls elaborate.

I am all ears for the paranormal . This is Africa (TIA) after all.
The head of the chicken would be ripped off, intestine missing, there was fence around the perimeter of the land.
I hire the services of two watch man to look out for what the problem was, nothing was seen. Late at night the birds were making a lot of noise, touch light were turned on but nothing, realized it was a evil forces coming to eat them.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Streetmovement(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Omo the animal brutal, this one na ripper o

You need find way eliminate the predator sharperly before he eliminate you
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
Grandmeister:

Wolf for sub Saharan Africa?
was just trying to figure out what could be the predator... during an investigation like this every carnivorous animals na suspect oo until proven innocent.....lolzzz
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by FreshFarmAgro: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

LOL, that thing does not work oh, I did same for my poultry farm but I realized it wasn't animal but evil forces, I had to design mine in such a big man standing tall with big head but it didn't work.

I also agree. Strange spiritual forces still exists that way in deep forests. I thought nollywood was all tales until i saw a white covered body crying and walking on and on around 1.45-2am during an event that i had to get to my forest quarters into the midnight

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by gonkin(m): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2022
Pretty scary.

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2022
femtex007:

It's certainly wolf
what baffled me was that thr predator ate the inner part of the goat through the neck... make OP act fast ooo
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Lukuluku69(m): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
falcon01:
I wanted to say Komodo Dragon, but I remember that Komofo Dragon Will swallow everything.

Komodo dragon bawo? I thought NAT Geo Wild says they are only found on that Indonesian Island?

This is a case of a Cat kill. A Juvenile Leopard as some people said or could be another Cat in the Forest.

They usually leave their kill and come back to it. It is most likely another Cat because it aught to have taken the kill away but the mere fact that it ate and left the carcass around says a Juvenile Leopard or perhaps another Cat in the forest.

The South Western Forest is home to a variety of Cat family.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by pikechukwu6(m): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
This must be hand work of the village people... Pray hard OP. grin grin
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Patriotsleague: 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2022
Could be hyenas or wild cats.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by KwaraRat: 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

The head of the chicken would be ripped off, intestine missing, there was fence around the perimeter of the land.
I hire the services of two watch man to look out for what the problem was, nothing was seen. Late at night the birds were making a lot of noise, touch light were turned on but nothing, realized it was a evil forces coming to eat them.

Chickens are a harbinger to the underworld activities as it is said they sense and announce the presence of evil forces by crowing .

The occult summation rituals are not complete without sacrificing a chicken which would usually announce the presence of an entity.

Even the Bible has reference to the chicken and its spiritual sensing power as can be read from the denial of Peter of Christ when the Chicken crowed three times to announce the presence of the devil

In the occult circle , there used to exist a secret password by initiates which is noe taking as a joke which goes by ; why did the chicken cross the road? To which the answer is : to get to the other side. The other side being the dark realm and by the chicken crossing the road, means to sacrifice the bird to usher in the spirits from beyond.

I won't rule it out.

This is Africa after all and chickens do not crow at night without reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Grandmeister(m): 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
habsydiamond:
was just trying to figure out what could be the predator... during an investigation like this every carnivorous animals na suspect oo until proven innocent.....lolzzz
Lol but we don't have wolves here. A leopard is the biggest wild cat we have in this part of the world. But a leopard will easily make away with the livestock and will go to a more secure location to eat it. Hyenas will not leave that much meat behind. Might be a stray dog like someone said. Naturally wild animals eat their prey from the softest parts which is usually the stomach.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 2:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
Grandmeister:

Lol but we don't have wolves here. A leopard is the biggest wild cat we have in this part of the world. But a leopard will easily make away with the livestock and will go to a more secure location to eat it. Hyenas will not leave that much meat behind. Might be a stray dog like someone said. Naturally wild animals eat their prey from the softest parts which is usually the stomach.
stray dog. Will a stray dog eat as much as that size of fresh from that goat..
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Technology14: 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hello Mr possible, I will advise you get a solar powered ptz cctv wifi camera to view your farm remotely via your phone in a bid to know the wild animal responsible for the attacks . The camera also makes use of sd card for video footage recording. Check my profile for more information and contact
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by obiekunie01: 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
Opoki:

Thanks for your input, I've been thinking about the possibility of fox or wolf couple with the face that hunters still hunts very close to us, we hear gunshots both day and night.

NONE OF THE PREDATORS SO FAR MENTIONED HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS KILL!

Sir no predator will leave the spinal cord hanging like that.

Spinal cord and and the under belly is every predators most preferred part of their kill.

I have tried to think up a predator that can kill a prey and will not touch the belly and the spinal cord but honestly i cant seem to remember any.

I DON'T WANT TO SAY WHAT WILL SOUND UNBELIEVABLE BUT. . .

WHATEVER DID THIS TO A GOAT CAN DO IT TO A MAN TOO!

PLS BE VERY VERY CAREFUL.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by rigarmortis: 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hezzyluv:
I dey think Hyena

I don't think is a hyena. Cos they don't leave that much carcass behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today / Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.