Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) (75686 Views)

Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Wild Animal Caught About To... / We Are Recruiting For Our Goat Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by falcon01: 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2022
Krak:

You cannot find Komodo Dragon anywhere in Africa.
well he didn't mention the location
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by JuanDeDios: 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
Krak:

You cannot find Komodo Dragon anywhere in Africa.
I don't think people know much about HABITAT around here with the way the just mention animals.

3 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by lordm(m): 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
habsydiamond:
Ur farm must be close to a forest.. its a wild animal's doing. Wolf, hyena, fox and Co.
we don't have wolf in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by LastDonn: 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
Mount discrete security cameras around Ur farm. To capture what's really going on
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by assholemods: 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
Opoki:

Yes, it is in the forest, somewhere around the tropical rain belt of the southwest
What is the name of the place? Nor dey use geography terms here.

4 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Rayjnr: 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hezzyluv:
I dey think Hyena

No, hyena dey always chop everything
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by assholemods: 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
falcon01:
well he didn't mention the location
I don't know why he his hiding it and he wants solutions.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by bekpo(m): 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2022
It's civet cat, u can get it by digging a deep pit close 2 d pen cover d surface with leaves. U will wake in d morning and see it in d pit.

That's how i got it 2 years ago!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by nedekid: 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2022
Warewolf!
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by KwaraRat: 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

Hyenas and wild dogs start feeding from the most vulnerable parts at the rear end or belly. They also consume all parts including skin and bones since they hunt in packs.
This kill reveals that the predator was acting alone, caught the goat and waited till it was dead before devouring. It also shows that the predator is selective with desirable parts.

Wild cat behaviour.

Wild cats always suffocate their prey and start eating from the belly where they can easily skin the carcass. Cats don't eat skin of animals.

This is not the work of a wild cat and if it were it would have dragged the relatively light ram away into the bush and not consume it within the premises.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:
You should start worrying about your safety not the goats. Whatever killed the goat in such a cruel manner must be really cruel

I'm writing this to tell you to be careful about your life.

This clearly is the doings of a dangerous animal

Now, let me advice you professionally.

Go and do deep research on why animal rearers always choose to pair a donkey alongside other animals like yours while raising them. This can be the answer to saving you from such losses into the future.

Be careful. Be it an hyena, a fox or a jackal. These animals can be deadly

An hyena doesn't need to kill an animal from the neck, though it's not that it can not. This suggests another dangerous animal

Jackal Diet

Jackals are nocturnal, omnivorous scavengers. With their long legs and curved canine teeth, they are well adapted for hunting

Jackals kill small prey with a bite to the back of the neck.

Range & habitat

All jackal species live in Africa, albeit in different regions.

Diet

Jackals can be both diurnal and nocturnal. This means that they can look for food both day and night. All jackals are omnivorous, meaning that their diet consists of both meat and plants.

Highlight

" When it comes to killing small prey, they usually do so by delivering a bite to the back of the neck and vigorously shaking the animal. "

Possible culprits

Jackal

Fox

Juvenile Leopard

African civet

Nice info, but African civets are omnivores, but prefer more of fruits to meat. They're also too small to wreak such havoc.

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by DeepRoyal: 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
immortalcrown:
You didn't mention the location and the time (period) of the incident. Knowing these things will be helpful in tracing the cause of the problem.

The first step in investigating and solving a problem like this is knowing the location and time of occurrence.

You think like a cyber-security engineer

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Cholls(m): 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
My brother Ipob

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by brainhgeek(m): 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hezzyluv:
I dey think Hyena
Hyenas will most likely devour everything
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by MideMrPossible: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
Slickest:

Can I have your contact

I replied your dm boss
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
This is a dangerous big cat on the loose.

Those days of hunting in the village, the first thing would be to examine the footprint of the predator.

You need a trap strong enough to catch that animal. Preferably a wire trap, you should use a goat as a bait. This needs a skilled hunter.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by MideMrPossible: 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
Originalsly:

Bro .... you need to know the predator .... your mind seem to be set that perimeter fencing is the solution. Do you really believe fencing can keep out a big cat?... that knows where preys are kept? ... don't underestimate the abilities and strength and instincts of wild animals. My advice is to ask the hunters what animal they think it is .... and how to trap it. Most likely... you'll have to provide a goat as bait. Whatever the animal.... he will return.

Our game plan is to fence the perimeter then deal with the Intruders by feeding them poisons, since we know what they like most

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by slimmax: 2:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hezzyluv:
I dey think Hyena
Nope not hyena, hyenas eat bones and all. A small wild cat is responsible

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Mikeslow: 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2022
The name of the animal is I NEED BLOOD

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Bobbiee: 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2022
The best method is to set traps and surveillance.
Install CCTV cameras in your pens, set up things like bell alarms on tin cans strung to trees and bushels that click and clack once disturbed. This would actually frighten any predator or invader. Set actual traps to catch these predators. You can purchase affordable ones or make DIY using YouTube as reference material. Either way, when all else fails, go through the CCTV footage to know the type of beast responsible for the daily slaughter. You'd probably be able to research how better to catch the animal, kill it, or prevent it from ever attacking your goats in the future.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr85NFhuwJk

We are having this kind of attack second time this month and the pattern of the attack is exactly the same.

Due to farm invasion of our livestocks, we only allow them to graze at night and leave them till daybreak while we let them into their cage.

The first victim of this wild attack was Huda ram, he was sick and want missing, after about the third day, we found him with his head ripped off from the neck, likewise the second goat, brought in for mating about 12 days ago, felt sick, recovering, went to graze and the second day we met him this way.

We are currently working on installing perimeter net for the first part of the land we intend to use for livestock, that's about 3 acres, it separates the farm from the remaining land meant for crop plantation.

Which animal do you think is on the prowl?
Kindly suggest how to capture or kill this animal.

My name is Mide Oludipe, I'm a graduate of geography and I'm a regenerative agriculture expert seeking to create a niche in modern agriculture. Please kindly Subscribe to my channel
Thanks.

If you have nor disturbed the crime scene, first thing you should look for is prints, any foot print that is not from the goat should be the first direction you look at

3 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Emperor4tune(m): 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
an angry neighbour may take revenge at ur livestock for invading and destroying their crops,be sure u figure out ur livestocks are not trespassing at night,people are just wicked

4 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Brainmytool: 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

No blood, no struggle where we found the remains, I felt it's because the goat was sick and just recovering before the incident.

Safeguard ur self or u will soon be abducted to an unknown world. Many won't believe cos they think they are alone. Lolz

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Kutunban: 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
Make and install scarecrow around your farm like four with helmet around the surrounding. I'm a goat farmer too, I'm telling you from experience. Check my moniker on Google.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 2:18pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

No blood, no struggle where we found the remains, I felt it's because the goat was sick and just recovering before the incident.
Take that guy comment very seriously, because while I was engaged in poultry farming I experienced this type of thing, later I had to stop the business.
Avoid bringing people around your farm except those that want to purchase your products.

3 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Acehart: 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2022
Civet
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by atiku4President(m): 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2022
This is a call for you to become a hunter. I see you killing the animal next year

3 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Charlie2020(f): 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hezzyluv:
I dey think Hyena
and hyaena will leave part of the animal for you?
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
Kutunban:
Make a scarecrow around your farm. I'm a goat farmer too, I'm telling you from experience. Check my moniker on Google.
LOL, that thing does not work oh, I did same for my poultry farm but I realized it wasn't animal but evil forces, I had to design mine in such a big man standing tall with big head but it didn't work.

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by KwaraRat: 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
Lagos2Berlin:

Nice info, but African civets are herbivores, they're also too small to wreak such havoc.

Vegetarian cats?

Are you sire about this
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by benqo01(m): 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
This is a job of a wild dog,those dogs are fucking brutal to have severed the head of a goat like this isn't a joke,it is not hyena does ones won't even leave any flesh behind

OP like people said setup a camera and you will be surprised what comes out at night near your farm

Think about your safety too very important alert d hunters around as well
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
Ransomware:

If you have nor disturbed the crime scene, first thing you should look for is prints, any foot print that is not from the goat should be the first direction you look at
Very good analysis, I thought mine poultry birds was been eaten by cats but didn't know it was reptilian

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today / Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.