Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad (49714 Views)

Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Rev Esther Prays For God To Touch Prophet Israel Genesis' Heart / Bishop Oyedepo Lays Hands On Rev Esther Ajayi, Prays For Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2022
Goodman247:
l.like your comment, most marriages in Nigeria are toxic, people pretend, because of fear of stigma associated with divorce and singleness, that is why you hear husband killing wife or wife killing husband on the increase, white people dt do that, if it is not working they go thier separate ways,

That's how it should be.

Me must stop demonizing divorce and stigmatizing divorcees... It is primitive and downright stupid.

It's okay to marry someone not meant for you in error or irreversibly get sick of the person over time, but it makes no sense whatsoever to endure a dead union out of shame or fear of stigma.

Osinachi and many others would be alive today if we didn't have such stigma.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by pinkasso: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2022
Nah you dey show symptoms of brainwashing...all of a sudden Japa don become a topical issue.. if nah so your president they seriously brainwashed because he promised to fix health care and even with all the billions at his disposal he still chooses to Japa just to take injection., Abi nah those wey be the custodians of our educational system chooses to send their children to school abroad while you or siblings dey house they count days wasting away? Even this pastor go check well her family they abroad they live the life., I have said many times people never start to Japa , nah from next year una go see Japa figures una go fear and mark it today that the government will physically start restricting this movement, people eye don they open small small...hand never touch you you go know say depression and burial loan nah small thing
timesuploaded:
The only place where people don't prosper is America and Canada. They are all depressed people. When they die they will all be buried with a funeral loan. You are brainwashed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 3:17pm On Dec 03, 2022
sweetTai:
When I came to the United States in 1997, I used to advise people not to travel out of Nigeria. Today, I can’t sincerely give that advice. If you are well off in Nigeria with a good job or business, stay in Nigeria and travel to the west on vacation for exposure. Nigeria of today is a nightmare. Within the last 2 years, I know at least 4 families that returned to Nigeria some years back only to come back to America because the conditions in Nigeria was just too harsh. I don’t know of anybody that has stayed in America for some years and can make sense of Nigeria of today. The problem is not Nigeria, the problem is Nigerians. Our reasoning, our thoughts, our rationale and sentiments has been badly affected by instability and poverty. The last time I went home, I had to chastise a grown man in his 50s or 60s openly urinating in front of my Dad’s house. When I told him to stop, every Okada drivers and retailers around were laughing at me like I was saying things that is Devine. Everywhere I went, it’s begging, begging and begging! A complete chaos. I watched the utterances of the Nigerian politicians and it bemused me. I was watching TV one night when a Nigerian politician brought his 6 or 7 wives to the Nigerian congress just to show them how powerful of a man he is. This same politician has almost 20 kids! What business does he have besides the legislature to cater for such a huge family?? NIGERIA IS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

You seem like you've been in the west for long.
You're right. The problem of Nigeria is the Nigerians themselves but they love to point fingers at their politicians.

Please don't bother telling them not to go abroad lest they accuse you of trying to hold them back and stop their progress.

Nigerians have FOMO and are big sheeps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by tplayer: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2022
Jahwinaboy:
African culture encourages lasting marriages even when in an abusive marriage but white people encourages and normalize divorce.

I think dey over-normalise divorce

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by yesloaded: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2022
Yomit71:

Be giving useless excuse up and down.

Thank you
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Unrated900(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2022
sharpwriter:

Really? All these things just dey look like film trick. Which kain devil dey that abroad sef wey dey break marriages

Modified: I don't know which is more painful, the divorce or the thought that the woman never loved him or has fallen out of love, hence, the relocation is an avenue to reveal very deep hidden secret that could have remained buried for years or forever had it been there was nothing like abroad angry
Damn grin

Cc: Angelfrost
odemeetu1
id4sho
Asour

No be devil
Na mind set
I got B1 visa for my wife and kids
But the witch white man no give me.
It was an heart break,
My wife says swthrt
Let me and the kids be going
I laugh and says so me I be fool to that point.
We all kuku Dey together till now.
Na me woman wan turn to square 1
He no fit happen

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by CrystalMax: 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
I know of a newly married couple with a baby who decided the wife should leave first and she wrote the man it was over after getting there. He is yet to get over it.
No matter how much you love a woman, fear her!

Even the bible said we should deal with them according to knowledge. Celebrate women, love them, but never forget to fear them.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Novemberaura(m): 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2022
How ds one take concern me
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by OnonujuChrist(m): 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
I know of a newly married couple with a baby who decided the wife should leave first and she wrote the man it was over after getting there. He is yet to get over it.
this is for real.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Ckonnet: 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2022
sharpwriter:

Really? All these things just dey look like film trick. Which kain devil dey that abroad sef wey dey break marriages

Modified: I don't know which is more painful, the divorce or the thought that the woman never loved him or has fallen out of love, hence, the relocation is an avenue to reveal very deep hidden secret that could have remained buried for years or forever had it been there was nothing like abroad angry
Damn grin

odemeetu1
id4sho
Asour

The society has grown beyond the old fashion of life. This is applicable to oyibo too, most youths don't even want to hear about marriage. Living together sure pass now.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by FANTASER: 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2022
Imagine the pressure of jobs that separates couples, time management, currency, pressure from folks at home, adapting to the new culture abroad etc.
Most marriages do not remain the same after relocating abroad.
Depends on the country though.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by phemmyfour: 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2022
deepwater:
lol

people with N500,000 naira in their account are better than a lot of people abroad.

you see that line above? the rich have used it so many times to supress the poor from making any tangible advancement out of poverty (Nigeria).

500k would pay an average rent per month in the western world.
500k would pay average annual rent in Lagos
so how is a poor person in Lagos better off ?

Seconded
She can only deceive her sheepel

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by nedekid: 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2022
She has a point marriage wise though. Japa always seems to affect marriage especially if the woman starts making money before the man. Omo, it is then you will see a bold, strong man in naija now become a timid kitten.
Many years ago, I landed in the UK. My paddy who just got there 3 months before picked me and took me to his home.long and short, we were deep in conversation the wife interrupted, my paddy said can't you see I am having a discussion? Hmm this lady walked away, returned after 1 min. My guy was backing the door. Omo if you see the slaps, punches this lady was landing on my seated paddy? Fear catch me! When she was done, she left back to the kitchen.
This my guy weh be niggar for Naija ohh.
Anyway may years has passed. Guy is a very big man now.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Juleeee: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:

I don't believe this, and if it's true she never loved him.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by sharpwriter(m): 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
Unrated900:

No be devil
Na mind set
I got B1 visa for my wife and kids
But the witch white man no give me.
It was an heart break,
My wife says swthrt
Let me and the kids be going
I laugh and says so me I be fool to that point.
We all kuku Dey together till now.
Na me woman wan turn to square 1
He no fit happen

Lol..... Sharp man.

On a more serious note, if we look am well, that white man wey deny you fit do am intentionally out of malicious and malevolent reservoir of evil in him, coz it just makes no sense holding a father behind and telling the woman and kids to go along. That's crap!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by oneMalik: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2022
There's no devil there , they ( the west ) are the devil !

check everything about them ? a society where your wife will divorce you for no reason other than getting part of your hustles and child support and fully backed by law .

quote author=sharpwriter post=118867769]

Damn grin

odemeetu1
id4sho
Asour[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by sharpwriter(m): 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2022
nedekid:
She has a point marriage wise though. Japa always seems to affect marriage especially if the woman starts making money before the man. Omo, it is then you will see a bold, strong man in naija now become a timid kitten.
Many years ago, I landed in the UK. My paddy who just got there 3 months before picked me and took me to his home.long and short, we were deep in conversation the wife interrupted, my paddy said can't you see I am having a discussion? Hmm this lady walked away, returned after 1 min. My guy was backing the door. Omo if you see the slaps, punches this lady was landing on my seated paddy? Fear catch me! When she was done, she left back to the kitchen.
This my guy weh be niggar for Naija ohh.
Anyway may years has passed. Guy is a very big man now.
Shuo! shocked shocked shocked tell me you're joking cheesy
Anyways the wife go don collect later, unless them never visit naija since den
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Juleeee: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2022
Oblongata:
I know a lot of broke people with little or no opportunity to travel will masturbate on this thread!

Naija or Abroad, marriage wey go crash go crash.

If your woman get money pass you for naija na the same shege wey she go show you for abroad she go show you for here.

My brother! Forget Obi, Atiku or BAT, none of them can save Nigeria, if you get the levels, JAPA!!!

Exactly, the obi I was hoping on seem to be like unserious person lately, all we have lining up are greedy and selfish men, I can't see hope in this country.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by TheGift: 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:

I know two stories like this.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by vickydevoka(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2022
Nhemzie17:
I wonder why a Sane person who has up to a million or more in his/her account would spend everything to travel to another country with a lot of uncertainties. Why not stay back and invest that money and get established.
Don't be deceived by the fake life of those abroad, they are suffering and smiling.
You said truth. But have you been kidnapped before?

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by vickydevoka(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2022
Caen1:
You can't expect people to stay in a country where prices of things are sky rocketing every hours without any intended solution to increase the minimum wages .
So na minimum wage de travel
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by TheGift: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
Reverend Esther Ajayi has asked married people who wants to relocate abroad to be sure their marriage can survive the test of time abroad considering the societal values, pressure and culture.

She advised people to consider it well.and make sure they are certain of the move before they make it.

She also mentioned that people with N500,000 naira in their account are better than a lot of people abroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Art6dP_BmW8

Japa fever is forcing many spouses into single
Parenthood and Practical Singlehood , which ends up affecting the marriage in a myriad of ways.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by vickydevoka(m): 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2022
080bjaked:
people with N500,000 naira in their account are better than a lot of people abroad.

This statement is wrong on many levels. Infact as a bank branch mgr with 1m savings, you still aren't better than a warehouse operative in the UK.
You are
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Megapason: 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2022
Himtulie247:
We know grin grin grin
Seek for help
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Eriokanmi: 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2022
1Sharon:

They went there and tried to commit marital fraud to fool the government, instead of focusing on school?

What were they expecting?
lol
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by juman(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2022
Japaaaa.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Asour: 4:29pm On Dec 03, 2022
GboyegaD:

Don't let such stories discourage you. There are Nigerians abroad who's been married over 4 decades and are happy. May your partner because of who they are and not the perks that comes with their person.

The sentiment expressed here (true or not) is from recent observations. Not 40 years ago couples.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Unrated900(m): 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
sharpwriter:

Lol..... Sharp man.

On a more serious note, if we look am well, that white man wey deny you fit do am intentionally out of malicious and malevolent reservoir of evil in him, coz it just makes no sense holding a father behind and telling the woman and kids to go along. That's crap!

U understand it all
Those people are mad in their taught.
When going for interview no be God matter
Na just luck

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by deepwater(f): 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2022
ibechris:

Until u visit,then u will know what that line meant. For now,enjoy Nigeria.

Visit?

Let's talk about living please!
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by deepwater(f): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2022
Allisgud:
same house with the same space with the same 5m net worth the one in Nigeria is the richest

Who dash the average Nigerian 5m?
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by mukthar2000(m): 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
the story look exacly like my boss and his wife as well, arrangement was for the wife and their daughter to go first b4 her hubby would come around, As soon as the wife stay some month she forget about her husband niii ooo

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by deepwater(f): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2022
being:
You gave answer to a question, you are still asking d question again.. Based on what you wrote, Would you prefer you àre not thinking of rent for d next 1 yr or d next 1 month?

As per supressing the poor, is every migrant abroad rich?

You don't get it at all!.
It's not about thinking about the money for the next one year or not.
It's about the capability for an average person to earn that much!
Trust me you would earn that much faster in a western world than Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bishop Gwajima Sex Tape Leaks / Evelyn Joshua: Primate Ayodele Pays Condolence Visit To TB Joshua’s Widow / Pastor Poju Oyemade Deletes His Tweets After He was Attacked On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.