Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? (26756 Views)

Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? / Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? / Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by mariahAngel(f): 7:47am On Dec 05, 2022
Munzy14:

No cap!
Most married women can't.

Fact!
If your woman can do wonders in the kitchen, hardly will you eat outside..When you know a sumptuous meal is waiting for you at home...

Married or not, if someone cannot cook, they simply cannot cook.
One does not automatically become a good cook because they got married (Unless they learn).
Men who their wives cannot cook, knew that before they married them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by bukatyne(f): 7:54am On Dec 05, 2022
Kollins11:

I no like to dey brag for social media. Come and see my real doings by yourself in reality.

However, I will continue to see Nigerians girls as sex slaves and sex objects till I die. Nothing good can come out from a Nigerian liability dirty hoes.

That gender are all 4th class citizens while animals are 2nd class citizens.. Spits!

@bold:

Tells more about the quality of women around you than Nigerian women.

If you have examples of good women around you, you will automatically know that other families have good women and strive to find the good one fit for you than thrashing 'all women'.

Leave the comfort of your kith and kin so you can see good women.

Ire o!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by mariahAngel(f): 7:56am On Dec 05, 2022
Munzy14:

I am still an upcoming husband, but I totally understand.

Instead of making a wife who can't cook well insecure, you just locate good place outside and eat to save your life if you can't cook as well. wink

Men of this generation ehn!
I don been talk am; o wu ha mebishiga uwa a anyi no ugbu a.
ihe ntakiri, ha a gbapula eshi!
Anya n'ukwu ghala nu ha n'ama, even after they're married.
Gini ka nwoke lurula nwaanyi choga n'eshi?
M gide k'owu ehn! grin

In the days of our grandfathers, not all grandmothers could cook very well, but never would the grandfathers think of going out of his compound to eat.
It was a thing of shame.
(Especially in Igbo culture.)
Even our fathers never did that.
(Even if they wanted to eat something different once in a while, they will bring it home and eat it with their wives.)
Not with men of nowadays!
They will boldly eat out to their fill, then bring their belly-filled self home.
What does a wife do with such a husband?
If the case was that she doesn't cook, that would be different.

A good husband would continue to encourage his wife, until she learns how to cook well. (After all, he chose her and all that she's about.)
How would he encourage her? By eating the food she cooked and appreciating her effort, then letting her know where she needs to improve on.
Any woman who loves her husband would be eager to please him.

Making it a habit of eating out will just ruin everything, including the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by bukatyne(f): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
Most men are very busy labouring endlessly to make ends meet and they may not have that chance to do the cooking.

And the women are not labouring too?

Or the insane work hours men have, women don't have too?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by ahnie: 8:39am On Dec 05, 2022
shantti:

Funny, cool
U hardly throw banters
When you're calm on nairaland,every rigfraffs tends to abuse n talkdown on someone,some dings would go as low as fabricating lies to tanish ones image,but immediately you served them their own biles,they tend to see you as ill-mannered,saucy,loudmouthed and toxic

I was cool before because I threw a blind eyes n took lots of shiiits.noone has the monopoly of madness,the creator deposited a drop of vawulence in us all,some tends to use theirs,whilst others tame theirs.

I m a no nonsense person,I don't pretend n I do not take shit,if you address me nicely,I would reciprocate the gesture,and if otherwise I wouldn't waste time in pouring my vituperation, except I chooses to ignore.

That bn said . .thanks for your drawing my attention to the changes in my behavior,I would look into the matter robustly and make some adjustments.

Many thanks!
Ahnie
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by ahnie: 8:41am On Dec 05, 2022
bukatyne:

Welcome back iya wa.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Munzy14(m): 9:08am On Dec 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

Men of this generation ehn!
I don been talk am; o wu ha mebishiga uwa a anyi no ugbu a.
ihe ntakiri, ha a gbapula eshi!
Anya n'ukwu ghala nu ha n'ama, even after they're married.
Gini ka nwoke lurula nwaanyi choga n'eshi?
M gide k'owu ehn! grin

In the days of our grandfathers, not all grandmothers could cook very well, but never would the grandfathers think of going out of his compound to eat.
It was a thing of shame.
(Especially in Igbo culture.)
Even our fathers never did that.
(Even if they wanted to eat something different once in a while, they will bring it home and eat it with their wives.)
Not with men of nowadays!
They will boldly eat out to their fill, then bring their belly-filled self home.
What does a wife do with such a husband?
If the case was that she doesn't cook, that would be different.

A good husband would continue to encourage his wife, until she learns how to cook well. (After all, he chose her and all that she's about.)
How would he encourage her? By eating the food she cooked and appreciating her effort, then letting her know where she needs to improve on.
Any woman who loves her husband would be eager to please him.

Making it a habit of eating out will just ruin everything, including the marriage.
grin
In this tiktok and snapchat era, some young ladies wouldn't want to get close to kitchen or their mothers to learn how to keep a home..

Until they marry, and realize cooking is a must to keep the home together in love and happiness.

I won't blame men that much, ana hu amu aka ikpa na nka. cheesy
You learn how to cook from a tender age..And perfect as you keep growing.

Where you not the one who explained how you learnt how to make a special stew from your mom? Some young ladies can't think of such..ha Eme chaala tiktok, snap chat na umunne ya grin

Again, some ladies something else, even if you eat the food cooked anyhow, and in cool moments, you point out her errors, she fit change am for you grin some men are not ready for that drama.

Hahahaha I si i gide ka owu grin grin
You give me a typical of nwunye last born mpa m vibe.. She no dey gree o.. cheesy Though she is my favorite Aunt..My uncle na awa anya, ga di zu calm and all lovy-dovy.

As a woman, if you are married/ or wish to marry, learning and improving on food making should be a priority..MEN love Food. cheesy

Cooking for someone is a special care.

I think av told you this before, My Dad doesnt eat outside.
And we all learnt that...I can be busy while outside, hunger go dey wipe me, but I find it hard to enter a restaurant to eat even with the resources there.

Why do you think I pick interest in food making, I am just preparing myself for the next phase, aside the business aspect...

Incase I end up with a wife that doesnt know how to, I will assist.. I didn't learn how to eat outside as a bachelor, I wouldn't want to when married...I pray about it..

Mpa m si marriage is like buying a packaged product in the market, you go home and unwrap, ihe i huru, gi ewere..

Ya dinma fine.

If bad, you manage it and hope for better.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Munzy14(m): 9:16am On Dec 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

Married or not, if someone cannot cook, they simply cannot cook.
One does not automatically become a good cook because they got married (Unless they learn).
Men who their wives cannot cook, knew that before they married them.

Unless they learn, but unfortunately most aren't willing to.

Yes, any man who married a wife who can't cook, knew very well, but went ahead..Maybe because her bedroom game is compensating.. grin

But, they forgot, with time the sex fades away, Then food is a must till last day one dies.
Even the kids stomach must be secured with healthy meal as well.

And one must eat, to get strength to pump.. cheesy

In all, one shouldn't misplace priority.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Truvelisback(m): 9:37am On Dec 05, 2022
bukatyne:

Women labours too, but can still find time to cook. There are women who do wake up as early as 4am to prepare meal b4 going to work. If a working class woman can do that, how much more a full housewife. What is she doing there? Is she just there to produce babies and gossip around the neighborhood?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Munzy14(m): 9:39am On Dec 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

Excuses!

Why would your mum accept money to cook for you?
For how long is that going to continue?
(Why should you even live close to your mother, when you're married?)

My mum would say onye muru nwa e to-eto?
Meaning who bears a child that never grows up? [/I]

Even if it's [i]potty
your wife knows how to cook, you must learn to love/endure it, till she learns to do better. That's right!
(Or you do the cooking if you can do better.)

Nobody's eating out!
cheesy grin grin
Tradition lost.

Why will a married man run to his mom to cook when his wife is there undecided This thing can cause a divorce.

Some mothers be breaking homes on code.. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Truvelisback(m): 9:47am On Dec 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

Excuses!

Why would your mum accept money to cook for you?
For how long is that going to continue?
(Why should you even live close to your mother, when you're married?)

My mum would say onye muru nwa e to-eto?
Meaning who bears a child that never grows up? [/I]

Even if it's [i]potty
your wife knows how to cook, you must learn to love/endure it, till she learns to do better. That's right!
(Or you do the cooking if you can do better.)

Nobody's eating out!
What if the wife is that lazy type, unwilling to learn or can't cook a nice meal? It's her duty and she must do the kitchen duty. Some women are just lazy in cooking. My younger sis was like that, she was lazy in cooking and can't cook a nice me. Na after i yab her, she come change. My mum started giving her the opportunity to cook. Anytime she cooks, she will plead with me to taste it. I will be the one to score the taste. Now, she can cook and her husband enjoys her meal. The last time i visited her, she gave me beans she prepared to eat. She later asked me how the taste was. I told her it was good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Truvelisback(m): 9:53am On Dec 05, 2022
Munzy14:

Unless they learn, but unfortunately most aren't willing to.

Yes, any man who married a wife who can't cook, knew very well, but went ahead..Maybe because her bedroom game is compensating.. grin

But, they forgot, with time the sex fades away, Then food is a must till last day one dies.
Even the kids stomach must be secured with healthy meal as well.

And one must eat, to get strength to pump.. cheesy

In all, one shouldn't misplace priority.
The dey the husband go mistakenly jam Calabar girl wey sabi cook and nack well, her own don done. grin
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Munzy14(m): 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
The dey the husband go mistakenly jam Calabar girl wey sabi cook and nack well, her own don done. grin
It's not limited to only Calabar ladies.

Anyone can be snatched whether male or female only if the other partner is not treating the other well..And isn't willing to learn, adjust and Improve.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by mariahAngel(f): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2022
Munzy14:

cheesy grin grin
Tradition lost.

O wu ihe ome n'ala Igbo Jiri di mma.

Why will a married man run to his mom to cook when his wife is there undecided This thing can cause a divorce.

Some mothers be breaking homes on code.. lipsrsealed

I hukwara a hu! And they're even proud to say it, and see nothing wrong in it.
The other one was even asking if I was possessive. cheesy
Besides, what man wouldn't want to be possessed by his wife?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Mindlog: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2022
Truvelisback:

Have you ever thought of when a married woman go mistakenly jam another man whey get better money and far better in bed, shebi you know how far? wink

They are always things that can distract a man or a woman, away from their marriage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by mariahAngel(f): 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2022
Truvelisback:

The agaracha husband no been see where Calabar girls dey before im marry im wife?
"Calabar girls! Calabar girls!" Person no go hear word!
As if e pass edikang-ikong, afang, and knack!
When e reach to cheat, na that time una dey remember Calabar girls.

(Na only to think of ways to spite una sabi, forgetting say two can play una game!)

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by mariahAngel(f): 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
What if the wife is that lazy type, unwilling to learn or can't cook a nice meal? It's her duty and she must do the kitchen duty. Some women are just lazy in cooking. My younger sis was like that, she was lazy in cooking and can't cook a nice me. Na after i yab her, she come change. My mum started giving her the opportunity to cook. Anytime she cooks, she will plead with me to taste it. I will be the one to score the taste. Now, she can cook and her husband enjoys her meal. The last time i visited her, she gave me beans she prepared to eat. She later asked me how the taste was. I told her it was good.

There was the problem.
Some mothers no dey gree comot hand.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Truvelisback(m): 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

There was the problem.
Some mothers no dey gree comot hand.
Mum wanted, na she no get interest. At first, i never wanted her to prepare our meal because i never enjoyed the taste of her food but my mum pleaded with me that i should allow her, that one day, she would be an housewife, that if she can't cook, it would affect her in the future and marriage too. So, i let her be. Before, i could tell weda it was my mum or my sis that prepared a meal from the taste but now, i can't easily tell because she had humbled herself and learned from my mum.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Truvelisback(m): 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

The agaracha husband no been see where Calabar girls dey before im marry im wife?
"Calabar girls! Calabar girls! Person no go hear word!
As if e pass edikang-ikong, afang, and knack!
When e reach to cheat, na that time una dey remember Calabar girls.

(Na only to think of ways to spite una sabi, forgetting say two can play una game!)
Lol, i only gave an illustration. Knack and food goes hand to hand. Apart from from food and knack, dem sabi take care of men well, well but the Brideprice na go to hell. grin
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Truvelisback(m): 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2022
Mindlog:

Have you ever thought of when a married woman go mistakenly jam another man whey get better money and far better in bed, shebi you know how far? wink

They are always things that can distract a man or a woman, away from their marriage.
E dey hard for man to get better money and sabi knack well, well for bed at the same time. E dey hard. Him must get one quality. E dey very rare. Rich or people wey get money well, well no dey knack like that. grin
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Mindlog: 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
E dey hard for man to get better money and sabi knack well, well for bed at the same time. E dey hard. Him must get one quality. E dey very rare. Rich or people wey get money well, well no dey knack like that. grin

See rationalization! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by udomonday: 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
Jeon:

Men love delicious meal and all restaurant owners would have been married.
Men love sex and all sex workers would have been married to their customers.
who told you that sex workers are truly nice to their customers?they are just after Thier money and if you last too long they push you away.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by GboyegaD(m): 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do most married men eat in the canteen or restaurant? Is it that their wives can't cook nice meals? I'm a bachelor and i do eat in the canteen but surprisingly, i do see married men eat there. Although, the owner of the canteen is a good cook.

I read through your comments on your question and all I can say is I wish you the very best whenever you choose to get married. A wife is a helpmate and not some domestic staff.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Truvelisback(m): 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2022
GboyegaD:

I read through your comments on your question and all I can say is I wish you the very best whenever you choose to get married. A wife is a helpmate and not some domestic staff.
Domestic activities are part of the helpmate. The kitchen is major meant for women but laziness and inbility to prepare nice meals has forced some men to go into the kitchen.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by GboyegaD(m): 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
Domestic activities are part of the helpmate. The kitchen is major meant women but laziness and inbility to prepare nice meals has forced some men to go into the kitchen.

I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Mindlog: 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
Domestic activities are part of the helpmate. The kitchen is major meant women but laziness and inbility to prepare nice meals has forced some men to go into the kitchen.

I used to be a neighbour to a Nigerian couple with a 2 year old daughter......that mindset up there, was one of the key causes of conflict in their marriage.

Oga carry im Nigerian way come UK refusing to unlearn some things and relearn, insisting cooking and other domestic chores must be done by only the wife alongside much of the childcare.....madam change am for am, how can she do 12 hrs shift at work just to come home to chores, without the husband lifting a finger. Madam decided go off work for a month, to stay back home and be full-time housewife which made Oga to look for extra 20hrs job per week to add to the main 40hrs per week he was already doing...by third week he called his wife to reconsider resuming work and they worked out how chores would not burden just one spouse.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Munzy14(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
mariahAngel:

O wu ihe ome n'ala Igbo Jiri di mma.

I hukwara a hu! And they're even proud to say it, and see nothing wrong in it.
The other one was even asking if I was possessive. cheesy
Besides, what man wouldn't want to be possessed by his wife?

O me n'ala anyi will always put us in check.

Though some will still import foreign.

You know eeh one of my cousins is married, but staying with his parents.
His wife is in charge of kitchen..My aunt who actually is her MIL only enters kitchen when the babe no dey..Or travelled.

she handles any money meant for kitchen, even when my Aunt wu a professional chef.

So me I am imagining my cousin giving his mom money to cook, instead of the wife.. lipsrsealed My Aunt will rebuke that right there. undecided

Igbo anyi wu ihe n'ile...

Biko were nwaayo na possesive a, o ji amapu anyi obi o..Because some over do it.

I feel safer with loving and caring than the word possessive.. grin maka ima mmadu mma.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Truvelisback(m): 7:42am On Dec 06, 2022
Mindlog:

I used to be a neighbous to a Nigerian couple with a 2 year old daughter......that mindset up there, was one of the key causes of conflict in their marriage.

Oga carry im Nigerian way come UK refusing to unlearn some things and relearn, insisting cooking and other domestic chores must be done by only the wife alongside much of the childcare.....madam change am for am, how can she do 12 hrs shift at work just to come home to chores, without the husband lifting a finger. Madam decided go off work for a month, to stay back home and be full-time housewife which made Oga to look for extra 20hrs job per week to add to the main 40hrs per week he was already doing...by third week he called his wife to reconsider resuming work and they worked out how chores would not burden just one spouse.
A man can sometimes assist in house chores but that shouldn't stop her from doing the needful.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Mindlog: 9:07am On Dec 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
A man can sometimes assist in house chores but that shouldn't stop her from doing the needful.

When you hear "can your marriage survive, abroad? , e get why? cheesy

Living abroad especially in the West, there is nothing like " can sometimes" . You see house chores and childcare, the man is involved 100%!

I live near a primary school and I have observed that about 7 out of every 10 black immigrant parents bringing their children to school in the morning are men and most of their stories is that they did night shift at work, come home around 7a.m when the wives are about leaving for work for the day shift. Oga, oversees the children' breakfast then take them to school at past 8, comes back home to sleep for some hours, do some chores, go back to school to pick the children and get them to have lunch and do their homework, while he start preparing for work, madam returns, Oga leaves for work.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Truvelisback(m): 9:21am On Dec 06, 2022
Mindlog:

When you hear "can your marriage survive, abroad? , e get why? cheesy

Living abroad especially in the West, there is nothing like " can sometimes" . You see house chores and childcare, the man is involved 100%!

I live near a primary school and I have observed that about 7 out of every 10 black immigrant parents bringing their children to school in the morning are men and most of their stories is that they did night shift at work, come home around 7a.m when the wives are about leaving for work for the day shift. Oga, oversees the children' breakfast then take them to school at past 8, comes back home to sleep for some hours, do some chores, go back to school to pick the children and get them to have lunch and do their homework, while he start preparing for work, madam returns, Oga leaves for work.

We have abandon our culture and embrace their SIMP culture that makes our men to lose their senses. Their culture makes women enslave men or turn men to mumu. E.g Kneeling down to prose a woman.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Mindlog: 9:25am On Dec 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
We have abandon our culture and embrace their SIMP culture that makes our men to lose their senses. Their culture makes women enslave men or turn men to mumu. E.g Kneeling down to prose a woman.

It is no SIMP culture, both have to go out to earn. So what do you suggest men do, in order not to lose their senses in such settings?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? by Truvelisback(m): 9:31am On Dec 06, 2022
Mindlog:

It is no SIMP culture, both have to go out to earn. So what do you suggest men do, in order not to lose their senses in such settings?
We should maintain our culture. There are certain things a woman shouldn't feel comfortable seeing her husband doing in the house except for an understable reason.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Father Saved Her From An Abusive Marriage / My Husband Is So Attached To His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.