Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me (39378 Views)

I Lied To Her That I Have Feelings For Her / My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
Toks2008:

Commot face. Focus on yourself and being a woman of value.

Your husband loves you and will never stop loving you... Look away from distractions and warn that your aproko friend to mind her business.
He loves her truly by stabbing her where it hurts most and not respecting their vows. Love kwa cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by ProtonX: 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2022
Neptunium:
Exactly. And you read my mind. I was going to say her relocating to the UK (aka. joining him) won't make him leave the dating site. This isn't about her being in Nigeria. He may lie to her now or when they're together that he's no longer on it when he still is. Or he may join another dating site behind her back. Most men on dating or hookup sites are repeat or continuous users..a married man on it, who is getting access to different women, sure ain't leaving. OP is on a long tin.

So young a marriage too. 1 year plus. Pity.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Proffessorr: 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:
I hope I get the right � reasons here than other channel here since this is the dating thread

I love my husband and he's the only man I've ever known.

Talk things over with your man.
Focus on improving yourself in your service year while working towards joining him afterwards.

In addition, “run” from that your friend o.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Lagbenjo: 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2022
Immature people with immature replies have derailed this thread.

My dear, when you are done with NYSC , quickly join him. The fact that he is cheating over there does not mean he doesn't love you any longer. Most men that travel before their wives cheat . That is the bitter truth.

Call him one day on video call, give him a serious stare and ask him some questions like "does he still want to continue with the marriage" ? Give him warnings that will shake him. Don't give him that impression that your life depends on him. After that, continue to show love to him, don't nag about it again so that he will not be afraid of your coming to using womens' rights to deal with him over there.

When you get there, insist that he must do STD test before you continue your sexual relations. That will make him know that he has breach the trust and that you will always be suspicious.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by pocohantas(f): 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2022
GloriousGbola:

It was a statement.

And she still went back to the US afterwards on her own dime, her own application.

#Claps smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by fasa199(m): 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:
I hope I get the right � reasons here than other channel here since this is the dating thread

My husband and I got married in 2021. He got a job in the UK middle of last year as a skilled worker. He was into tech before he left. Since then I've been the only one in the motherland while he consistently sent something home to cater for myself and rent. Plans are underway to join him as soon as I'm done with NYSC.

Last week, one of my friends in the UK hinted me about something that keeps giving me sleepless nights and terrible unrest. She's a student there and we went to secondary school together. She happened to see my hubby on a dating website. She sent me screenshot of his profile and my husband pictures are all there. Everything. She's on the dating app too.

I confronted my husband after several investigation of the geniuty of what I know. He only yield in after I sent him all evidence that I have. Now he tells me dating app is a norm in the UK and everyone is there. He said he's only there to socialize and meet people, especially Nigerian, but not for dating.

This has caused some issues between us as I wasn't really satisfied with this excuse. I'm tired of constantly thinking my husband is cheating on me.

Biko what is the name of the dating app?? Help singles brothers
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Toks2008(m): 6:07pm On Dec 09, 2022
Persephone1:
He loves her truly by stabbing her where it hurts most and not respecting their vows. Love kwa cheesy cheesy

You don't know Jack.

Men will be men... It does not mean they don't love their wives. know this and know Peace

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Saintmary(f): 6:07pm On Dec 09, 2022
Dshocker:

If only you were an ardent reader of the bible you wouldn't have been confused as to where to locate it in the bible.

I just hope a witless and hobo person like you will admit to truth rather than displaying an act of a juvenile.

If a person calls you stupid, run a quick check on yourself, if they have a valid point, your next action is to get smarter, but this is simple to people who are intelligent.

But mad men hate being called mad,

Same for foolish people.

Now, you credited a statement to God, which was a false quote, you couldn't supply a reference, and you are offended when a supposed "emotional being" that you wish to subjugate her kind called your lucidity to question.

Your stupidity would have been amusing if not that I have no interest in educating you.

Go and face individuals who have less IQ than you, or those around your range.

You didn't succeed in piquing my interest.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Lagbenjo: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2022

My dear, when you are done with NYSC , quickly join him. The fact that he is cheating over there does not mean he doesn't love you any longer. Most men that travel before their wives cheat . That is the bitter truth.

Call him one day on video call, give him a serious stare and ask him some questions like "does he still want to continue with the marriage" ? Give him warnings that will shake him. Don't give him that impression that your life depends on him. After that, continue to show love to him, don't nag about it again so that he will not be afraid of your coming to using womens' rights to deal with him over there.

When you get there, insist that he must do STD test before you continue your sexual relations. That will make him know that he has breach the trust and that you will always be suspicious.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by leisuretym: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
Lagbenjo:

Why should she quickly join a cheating man?
For uK visa?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by johnez4u: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
Forget all these advice and talks you are reading here ooh. I don't even trust that your friend. Even the effort spent on this your investigation can be channeled into better things. You no be police ooh. Better advice yourself and keep loving your husband ooh. Good men are scarce ooh. Before you divorce him now and run to the Devil himself. Then your unending pains will begin. I have said my own.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by wisdomkid: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
Igiaruwe04:

This one has lost her husband to Nigerian woman in the UK who are looking for husband here and there.

On a serious note, body no be firewood and it's cold now, so he needs someone to warm his bed. If you truly love him, let him enjoy before you join him

May this same advice work for your Daughter's husband too. And if you leave your wife and travel, remember body no b firewood, and if you truly love her, let her enjoy herself oh.

Mehn, our post will judge us wella

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Dshocker(m): 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
Saintmary:

If a person calls you stupid, run a quick check on yourself, if they have a valid point, your next action is to get smarter, but this is simple to people who are intelligent.

But mad men hate being called mad,

Same for foolish people.

Now, you credited a statement to God, which was a false quote, you couldn't supply a reference, and you are offended when a supposed "emotional being" that you wish to subjugate her kind called your lucidity to question.

Your stupidity would have been amusing if not that I have no interest in educating you.

Go and face individuals who have less IQ than you, or those around your range.

You didn't succeed in piquing my interest.

Born troway

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2022
ykalhaji:

This happens because most Nigerian men were either molested by an adult female as their 1st sexual experience or had transactional/prostitutional sex as their first real sexual intimate encounter, they are not in control during these times and most often time have to go through this multiple times to be able to know how to perform. It becomes an addiction to either a childhood or ongoing emotional trauma. A new woman or body surrendering her self sexual makes them feel more whole or adequate(they are chasing sexual high and control which men can only get the more older and financially stable they get). If more Nigerian men had their 1st intimate sexual encounters in a loving and honest relationship with a woman or lady, the lesser the number of married cheats when they grow up.
You obviously read my initial post in a defensive state of mind not a receptive one. By what statistical analysis do you infer that most Nigerian Men had their first sexual experiences through molestation or paid sex can you back up this claim with verified evidence (s) . My initial post isn't about the sexual or conjugal aspects of Nigerian Men but all aspect of their lives, social, psychological, cultural, biological etc Nahhh their lack of respect for life goes beyond one Aunty playing with their young penis or some juvenile visiting a brothel for first sex. The Later shows lack of respect and value for himself,who do you blame for that?

The traditional Nigerian Man places value on only one thing His pocket( financial capacity) and it's because that's what his culture instill in him. As long as he is financially capable,he can slap the queen and get away with it. Money is the only thing Nigerian Man respects and place value on, he is taught that is all he needs in life. Other things don't matter. He can be as stubborn as an ox, dirty as a pig, heartless as the devil, all these are excused as long as he is paying bills cheesy

Little does he know that what he chose to build himself on is as common as salt. As when he gets displaced, he starts to wail cheesy .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by petux(m): 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2022
Jeon:

Eye opening!

Thought Men said " Women are the weak vase, involves everything with emotions while Men are stronger than mountain "

And now why are you changing it?
How can the weak vases not feel lonely?

You have said it with your mouth ... No long stories.

Stop adding memes to all your post. It ruins them
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by AlphaTaikun: 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:
I hope I get the right reasons here than other channel here since this is the dating thread

My husband and I got married in 2021. He got a job in the UK middle of last year as a skilled worker. He was into tech before he left. Since then I've been the only one in the motherland while he consistently sent something home to cater for myself and rent. Plans are underway to join him as soon as I'm done with NYSC.

Last week, one of my friends in the UK hinted me about something that keeps giving me sleepless nights and terrible unrest. She's a student there and we went to secondary school together. She happened to see my hubby on a dating website. She sent me screenshot of his profile and my husband pictures are all there. Everything. She's on the dating app too.

I confronted my husband after several investigation of the geniuty of what I know. He only yield in after I sent him all evidence that I have. Now he tells me dating app is a norm in the UK and everyone is there. He said he's only there to socialize and meet people, especially Nigerian, but not for dating.

This has caused some issues between us as I wasn't really satisfied with this excuse. I'm tired of constantly thinking my husband is cheating on me.

Salewa, you are overthinking this scenario. Girl, hurry up, get on the next flight to the UK when you are done, then go and be with him... so as to be able to kiss and cuddle him all you want. Period.

Cheers.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Realestatevixen: 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2022
The fact that he denied it until you showed him evidence is what is disturbing. He definitely has something up his sleeves.

Thats why I don't like couples living apart for any reason.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
Toks2008:

You don't know Jack.

Men will be men... It does not mean they don't love their wives. know this and know Peace
Men will only be Men if they start engaging or dating fellow Men.
Women get hurt when they are cheated on, that should matter!

If you really love someone you really won't want to hurt that person. Perhaps if you guys can take off the selfish veils you cover your face with you will see why women argue this.

If you love someone, you won't deliberately hurt them. Very simple!

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
GloriousGbola:
It was a statement.

And she still went back to the US afterwards on her own dime, her own application.
Glad it worked out for her the way it did. I wouldn't advice anyone to cancel such papers myself. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
yinkeys:

You’re obviously a woman thats blind to certain things
Who do you think civilized the world with roads, houses, electricity etc
You think the average woman’s palm strength is strong enough to build a house or kill a lion or predator
You also think women aren’t capable of violence and jealousy amongst themselves
Madam I’m done talking to you
It’s obvious you don’t understand reality
Just here arguing BS
I see Reason has finally left you. ! undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by KanuSE: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2022
Persephone1:
Men will only be Men if they start engaging or dating fellow Men.
Women get hurt when they are cheated on, that should matter!

If you really love someone you really won't want to hurt that person. Perhaps if you guys can take off the selfish veils you cover your face with you will see why women argue this.

If you love someone, you won't deliberately hurt them. Very simple!

But there's love in sharing na. smiley

Why are people selfish?
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Lagbenjo: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2022
Proffessorr:

Talk things over with your man.
Focus on improving yourself in your service year while working towards joining him afterwards.

In addition, “run” from that your friend o.

Pls don't say that to her friend . What if the friend decided to Bleep her husband nko?. Some friends do that
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by KanuSE: 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
Realestatevixen:
The fact that he denied it until you showed him evidence is what is disturbing. He definitely has something up his sleeves.

Thats why I don't like couples living apart for any reason.

The husband is just a fool. Anyone who decides to cheat should make "not getting caught" a top priority - leave no trace. smiley

Obviously this can only be pulled off by intelligent people. grin
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by CSTRR: 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
I don't support cheating, so there is no excuse for this.

And that man is playing a dangerous game.

This woman will swallow the insult and play along just to get to the UK.

Once she gets there and establish herself, she would deal with that man.

Even women with good husbands are turning into monsters when they travel abroad, let alone a woman you have cheated on.

A very dangerous game.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
KanuSE:

But there's love in sharing na. smiley

Why are people selfish?
Sharing should be on agreement with your partner. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
CSTRR:
I don't support cheating, so there is no excuse for this.
And that man is playing a dangerous game.
This woman will swallow the insult and play along just to get to the UK. Once she gets there and establish herself, she would deal with that man.
Even women with good husbands are turning into monsters when they travel abroad, let alone a woman you have cheated on.
A very dangerous game.
And I know you will be front row to label her an ungrateful woman the moment she goes out there to deal with him, forgetting that the man drew first blood in ruining the marriage. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Exceed15: 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2022
Don't ruin your your future marriage with this. He hasn't stopped loving you. Plan on joining him soon
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by 1Sharon(f): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2022
Verifiedtrader:
If you still want your relationship to work, don’t try to disrespect the man over this matter.
Nobody is holy, if reverse was the case you might have done worse cos I know what you Nigerian girls can do.
Just wrap up your youth service and go and meet him.
My one cent.
Peace!

Lmao.. would you have said the same if OP was a man finding his wife on a dating site?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Nnamaka1: 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2022
Yes everyone is on dating App in the overseas. It gets very lonely that's why and you need something to occupy your mind if it's not occupied by the Holy spirit of God Almighty. So Don't fret much over it. Just do quick whatever is still keeping you in Nigeria and go join your husband.

PS. Pls stop monitoring your husband if you truly love him. It's only immature people that monitors their spouses every moves .
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Jsucre(m): 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2022
Nigeria man shall not live by bread alone. Let him catch fun before you join him. Don't give yourself unnecessary headache. Sisto try to calm down
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Onyeziokwu(m): 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2022
Igiaruwe04:

It's better you tell her the truth. She's naive. They've collected her husband simple. And there is no possibility of him choosing her when the man has moved on to white women over there.

Nigeria girls are boring

Nigeria girls are boring tbh mate!

You can't comfortably have a conversation with a naija girl down here; always investigative conversation lol

When did you come to the UK? What's your status? What do you do for work etc boring set of girls.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by vivavik(f): 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm...

I am "words of short" as a man knowing I could get caught up in this kinda exploratory and adventurous hubris.

My only issue is how he(we) would take this sort of exploration should the case be reversed.

I no fit shout jare
It is usually 'sweet' until the tables are turned.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Young Man Wails, Rolls In Mud Water After Being Dumped By His Girlfriend (video) / Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One / What's With Guys And Female Pictures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.