Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me (39448 Views)

I Lied To Her That I Have Feelings For Her / My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by culf: 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2022
Salewabeau:
I hope I get the right � reasons here than other channel here since this is the dating thread

My husband and I got married in 2021. He got a job in the UK middle of last year as a skilled worker. He was into tech before he left. Since then I've been the only one in the motherland while he consistently sent something home to cater for myself and rent. Plans are underway to join him as soon as I'm done with NYSC.

Last week, one of my friends in the UK hinted me about something that keeps giving me sleepless nights and terrible unrest. She's a student there and we went to secondary school together. She happened to see my hubby on a dating website. She sent me screenshot of his profile and my husband pictures are all there. Everything. She's on the dating app too.

I confronted my husband after several investigation of the geniuty of what I know. He only yield in after I sent him all evidence that I have. Now he tells me dating app is a norm in the UK and everyone is there. He said he's only there to socialize and meet people, especially Nigerian, but not for dating.

This has caused some issues between us as I wasn't really satisfied with this excuse. I'm tired of constantly thinking my husband is cheating on me.

I love my husband and he's the only man I've ever known.

to be honest, some join for the love of it, to kill boredom or even normal friend, example me.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Ajibade123(m): 9:37pm On Dec 10, 2022
Salewabeau:
I hope I get the right � reasons here than other channel here since this is the dating thread

My husband and I got married in 2021. He got a job in the UK middle of last year as a skilled worker. He was into tech before he left. Since then I've been the only one in the motherland while he consistently sent something home to cater for myself and rent. Plans are underway to join him as soon as I'm done with NYSC.

Last week, one of my friends in the UK hinted me about something that keeps giving me sleepless nights and terrible unrest. She's a student there and we went to secondary school together. She happened to see my hubby on a dating website. She sent me screenshot of his profile and my husband pictures are all there. Everything. She's on the dating app too.

I confronted my husband after several investigation of the geniuty of what I know. He only yield in after I sent him all evidence that I have. Now he tells me dating app is a norm in the UK and everyone is there. He said he's only there to socialize and meet people, especially Nigerian, but not for dating.

This has caused some issues between us as I wasn't really satisfied with this excuse. I'm tired of constantly thinking my husband is cheating on me.

I love my husband and he's the only man I've ever known.
People said Abroad can be boring
It might just be a way to cure boredom
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by jaksmillioniar: 7:10am On Dec 11, 2022
cococandy:

That’s why my empathy cup for them has run dry.
I only hope whenever their wives cheat, they should make sure 3 out of the 4 kids belong to other men. You know just let them have one for a bit of dazzle dazzle
Coco I put it to u dat ure a demon and may God purnish u.why did u enjoy when pple cheat in marriage or when marriage brake. And yet ur still married and ur hubby Neva cheat on u. U Neva want pple to enjoyed what what u enjoy. I like u a lot but will tell u truth
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by BeanX(m): 9:31am On Dec 11, 2022
Gromilla010:
will you shutup your dirty mouth..you are helping those ugly looking men to think some stupid women are attracted to them
Mynd44
Nlfpmod

Another account of the vile and dangerous troll that was banned earlier
https://www.nairaland.com/beretta03

Violation of rule 2, 3 and 19
You guys should ban his IP because he has alot of alternate accounts.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Gromilla010: 5:54pm On Dec 11, 2022
BeanX:
Mynd44
Nlfpmod

your calamity is here..dread it..run from it...call for help...it will keep hunting, traumatizing and terrorizing you till you kick the bucket cheesy cheesy
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by einsteine(m): 2:37am On Dec 12, 2022
All this Japa people.

If only the husband or wife travels, you can safely assume there will be cheating. People cheat even in the same city, let alone when they are separated by oceans.

Also, in the UK, women of Nigerian origin are seriously looking for husbands and partners and will snag almost any eligible man they see. This is because Nigerian women there are generally rejected by the White men (exceptions exist, of course).

OP, your husband is cheating. It is your choice on what to do. You can cheat back, divorce, forgive (while hoping he actually allows you join him in the UK, it is not 100% certain) etc.

What you must not do is disturb us with your cries and complaints. After all, it has long been established that na mumu dey marry (again, exceptions exist).
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by BeanX(m): 5:45am On Dec 12, 2022
Gromilla010:
your calamity is here..dread it..run from it...call for help...it will keep hunting, traumatizing and terrorizing you till you kick the bucket cheesy cheesy
Mynd44
Nlfpmod

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2022
culf:
to be honest, some join for the love of it, to kill boredom or even normal friend, example me.
Love of it indeed! Just tell us true... no one don look your side since you join. Your hook never catch any fish. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by culf: 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Love of it indeed! Just tell us true... no one don look your side since you join. Your hook never catch any fish. undecided

lol, I no dey look for fish self. sometimes you feel discouraged to visit and when wore, you rush down to surf. nothing serious really.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Koyasims: 7:03am On Dec 14, 2022
How will I set up the esim
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by donmarshia(m): 7:31am On Dec 18, 2022
Persephone1:
He loves her truly by stabbing her where it hurts most and not respecting their vows. Love kwa cheesy cheesy

Una just dey give advise, dey conclude without any evidence.

I think the woman should not rush into conclusions. She has discussed with the husband and he has reassured her. I expect her to believe him.

I have been on a dating app for years without any meaningful activity.

Infact this thread made me go back to the app to delete my profile since I have hardly ever used it, before one aproko woman go go tell my wife sey I dey carry babe.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by lamanda(m): 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
Hmmm..., I know it's painful but please kindly overlook until you get there. My reason is if he can still send some money down to "motherland" for your upkeep and basic bills then I must say he is responsible. If I were you, I won't even confront him even with the evidence until I get there and monitor his lifestyle.

...what if he decides he won't invite you over to join him; will you divorce him or beat him?

I'm not supporting his actions/inactions but we need to be rational in our thinking especially when family is involve.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Things You Do That Make Guys Refer To You As A Gold Digger / 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys / 9 Things You Need To Take Serious Than Pre-wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.