Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me (39385 Views)

I Lied To Her That I Have Feelings For Her / My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Karnice600: 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2022
Igiaruwe04:

It's better you tell her the truth. She's naive. They've collected her husband simple. And there is no possibility of him choosing her when the man has moved on to white women over there.

Nigeria girls are boring

Nigeria girls are boring

Someone came up with gross concern and worries , for an advice on how to save her marriage and you ended your response with this insensitive comment?
Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by thesmallgod(m): 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:
I hope I get the right � reasons here than other channel here since this is the dating thread

My husband and I got married in 2021. He got a job in the UK middle of last year as a skilled worker. He was into tech before he left. Since then I've been the only one in the motherland while he consistently sent something home to cater for myself and rent. Plans are underway to join him as soon as I'm done with NYSC.

Last week, one of my friends in the UK hinted me about something that keeps giving me sleepless nights and terrible unrest. She's a student there and we went to secondary school together. She happened to see my hubby on a dating website. She sent me screenshot of his profile and my husband pictures are all there. Everything. She's on the dating app too.

I confronted my husband after several investigation of the geniuty of what I know. He only yield in after I sent him all evidence that I have. Now he tells me dating app is a norm in the UK and everyone is there. He said he's only there to socialize and meet people, especially Nigerian, but not for dating.

This has caused some issues between us as I wasn't really satisfied with this excuse. I'm tired of constantly thinking my husband is cheating on me.

I love my husband and he's the only man I've ever known.
I also lives abroad and it is a common thing many foreigners do here and from what I understand, it is the easiest way of catching and sleeping with white girls because there are many white ladies that believe black men have big cucumber and they can satisfy them in bed. So, him telling you a dating website is a social place for meeting people is pure and applied lies.

By the way, do not worry much because many of them indulging in this act are most time get used and dump for another cucumber by the white girls.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Fcwilly: 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:
I hope I get the right � reasons here than other channel here since this is the dating thread

My husband and I got married in 2021. He got a job in the UK middle of last year as a skilled worker. He was into tech before he left. Since then I've been the only one in the motherland while he consistently sent something home to cater for myself and rent. Plans are underway to join him as soon as I'm done with NYSC.

Last week, one of my friends in the UK hinted me about something that keeps giving me sleepless nights and terrible unrest. She's a student there and we went to secondary school together. She happened to see my hubby on a dating website. She sent me screenshot of his profile and my husband pictures are all there. Everything. She's on the dating app too.

I confronted my husband after several investigation of the geniuty of what I know. He only yield in after I sent him all evidence that I have. Now he tells me dating app is a norm in the UK and everyone is there. He said he's only there to socialize and meet people, especially Nigerian, but not for dating.

This has caused some issues between us as I wasn't really satisfied with this excuse. I'm tired of constantly thinking my husband is cheating on me.

Please face your front, to me he's just trying to get busy off work and study, there is nothing serious there, keep your mind at rest love him like nothing happens, remember that your friend is not married, who knows why she's still single. Please clear your mind
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Joe4real1988(m): 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2022
Nursepepeye:
your husband is gone, plain truth, it's hard to take anyway
He is not gone ok. A man can do shit and still maintain his family, unlike women folk.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by AlphaTaikun: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your husband is obviously a terrible liar. Dating apps are not for those who merely wish to socialize. Instead, they are for those looking for dates and hookups. That he spent time to complete sign-up on the app, even uploading his picture to booth, is more than enough confirmation that your husband is not as into you, and the marriage, as you seem to be. undecided

Do not allow him gaslight you, assuming he hasn't already begun doing exactly that. undecided
You only ended up amplifying the situation instead of offering specific solutions to calm her nerves here and see the bigger picture. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by cococandy(f): 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2022

Now he tells me dating app is a norm in the UK and everyone is there. He said he's only there to socialize and meet people, especially Nigerian, but not for dating.
lol

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by cococandy(f): 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
Igiaruwe04:

I'm not Justifying cheating. But the lady should not allow a small issue to scatter her marriage. You know how things can get lonely abroad and you want the man to die of loneliness.
keep the same energy when she gets lonely all by herself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by md16: 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2022
I really love your balanced statement. Five star� for you
gaby:
Hmmm...

I am "words of short" as a man knowing I could get caught up in this kinda exploratory and adventurous hubris.

My only issue is how he(we) would take this sort of exploration should the case be reversed.

I no fit shout jare
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by cococandy(f): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
Mercury12:
Hurry up with your plans and join him asap. Body no be firewood undecided
That’s if he doesn’t make up a story as to why she can’t join him yet. Then he’ll come home, get her pregnant and go back. Come back the next year and get her pregnant again and then the rest is history.
She’ll be stuck here in Nigeria and he’ll be with his harem of concubines over there.

OP if you know what’s good for you, get on some serious birth control until you decide if you want to stay in the marriage or not

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by optm(m): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2022
pocohantas:

Always good to see we still have a minute responsible men in this Nigeria. It is the fact that they can almost die trying to convince you that their randy pricks are the standard.
shame on them

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Ifakiland(m): 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:

There's nothing like cheating in uk, no kpekus available....infact be careful of that your friend, she fit wan break ur home so she can have your hubby....sex mate hard to find for uk....cos everybody busy dey work or sleep. Get sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by AlphaTaikun: 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2022
cococandy:
lol
That got you crackin' up too? Lol.

Well, he could be telling the truth.
Networking and socializing by any means necessary since he works in the tech field.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
AlphaTaikun:
You only ended up amplifying the situation instead of offering specific solutions to calm her nerves here and see the bigger picture. Period.
What ridiculous nonsense is this? undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by RichAbujaGuy: 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:

Time registered: December 08, 2022 Fiction writer grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2022
Beyond the plomb and rendezvous around wedding real issues spring up afterwards and you must be ready to weather through the storm and wake up to reality. It is normal with two adults coming together as one in marriage, is beyond the one day excitement of wedding. After wedding you see your hubby or wify in unforeseen behaviors that is when marriage really begins.
Salewabeau:

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by AlphaTaikun: 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
optm:
The comments from most men here are really disturbing. Why marry when you intend disrespecting the marriage by cheating? You not only disrespect your spouse but by that, you are breaking trust. Shame on the men that see nothing wrong in this. If reverse were the case, you would not advise in this manner.
Op truth is your husband has been a cheat before now and he would hardly change.
I do not know how you can get him to change except by strongly registering your displeasure and letting him know cheating is a deal breaker for you (if it is for you) and there would be consequences and part of which is you are willing to walk away from a union he doesn't respect (people are not really mindful when there are no dire consequences for their actions) or you decide save the marriage and live with it while keep praying for him to change.
You cannot change an adult unless they want to themselves.
To be honest, a significant number of the advice given by the males and females on this thread are clearly intended to break this young marriage. No solutions offered except from a few of us here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by IamMobisola(f): 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2022
yinkeys:

This has been going on for ages
You make it look like it’s a new thing
Women have always been manipulative
Same way men have always been greedy and selfish from the beginning of time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by yinkeys(m): 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2022
IamMobisola:

Same way men have always been greedy and selfish from the beginning of time
Talking about someone who has probably read the Bible and knows about the Eve, Jezebel & Delilah stories
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by optm(m): 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

To be honest, a significant number of the advice given by the males and females on this thread are clearly intended to break this young marriage. No solutions offered except from a few of us here.

it's gonna take real patience to handle a cheating partner in marriage but then you do not know how long it's gonna take for the change you hope for, and then dealing with the baggages that comes with cheating.
I can only wish her well and hope it ends good for her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by AlphaTaikun: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2022
optm:
it's gonna take real patience to handle a cheating partner in marriage but then you do not know how long it's gonna take for the change you hope for, and then dealing with the baggages that comes with cheating.
I can only wish her well and hope it ends good for her
Well said!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Toks2008(m): 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
Persephone1:
Men will only be Men if they start engaging or dating fellow Men.
Women get hurt when they are cheated on, that should matter!

If you really love someone you really won't want to hurt that person. Perhaps if you guys can take off the selfish veils you cover your face with you will see why women argue this.

If you love someone, you won't deliberately hurt them. Very simple!

Believe whatever you want if it will make you sleep well at night.

Cheers
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
Toks2008:

Believe whatever you want if it will make you sleep well at night.

Cheers
So predictable! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Toks2008(m): 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

When you bring your marital issues to a place like nairaland when over 90% of the members are teenagers and below 30...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by kwasoly(m): 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:

Better leave that nysc and join your husband else you lose him.
Who nysc help?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by seangy4konji: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2022
Answer olonsho weh deh bleep small boys here but want make baba deh self-service for uk
VeryWickedMan:
OP swear say you never Bleep since your husband left in 2021.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by AlphaTaikun: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What ridiculous nonsense is this? undecided
She (the OP) asked for advice to calm her down and I brought that to "your attention" because your feedback only amplified the issue at hand... and you are talking of an imaginary ridiculous nonsense to deflect.

I've been on this forum since the mid-2000s, and I've known you since you joined NL as a good adviser and conversationalist, but these days, are you aware that you have been getting very cranky, argumentative, and ready to pick up verbal fights with some folks on NL threads?

I'll just end the convo here and now.
Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by frozen70(f): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:

I will advise you calm down and don't think otherwise till you get there
He may be there for fun or real

That he is cheating on you, is not a big deal because men cheats especially when their wives are far away from them

Till you start living with him, don't be mad about it because you don't know if he has already kept a woman in a family way there

He may be doing naughty things because you are not there with him

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by AlphaTaikun: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2022
Toks2008:

When you bring your marital issues to a place like nairaland when over 90% of the members are teenagers and below 30...
@Toks2008,

Even back in the late 2000s when we had a lot of Diasporans here, the quality of convos was quite high because Seun was more involved in posting and moderating right up to about 2012, and there were less trolls.

Thanks to you and some other folks here, we still get some quality contents on NL.

All the best.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by esere826: 9:03pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:

This is not a problem naw.
As he said it's to meet Nigerians and to socialize not to date, you too will join to meet and socialize with people. Tell him to take his time if he tries to stop you.

Sebi they say what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by ayandee: 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2022
kwasoly:

Better leave that nysc and join your husband else you lose him.
Who nysc help?
I was hoping someone would give this advice and you did. This is the most practical advice ever.
Op, leave NYSC and go join your husband. You don't need NYSC outside the shores of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is On Dating App In The UK And Has Consistently Lied To Me by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
Salewabeau:

Be careful with that your friend. That’s all i av to say.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One / Things You Do That Make Guys Refer To You As A Gold Digger / Nigerian Couple Who Met Through Social Media In The US Wed. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.