Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? (19887 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2022
Xyzee:
Stop playing!
There is nothing like curses anywhere especially as a child of God. Once you give your life to Christ, you are a new creature and old things have passed away.

I have a parent who never was there in my growing up until I became successful, he has been cursing me since I became an adult (I no send him papa) and the more he curses, the more I become successful and when people go to tell him how I have been so successful, he claims me at that moment before them. After they leave, he sends more curses. Lol

So OP, nobody can curse you as long as you have God by your side.
you are not serious...go and ask people that have faced serious foundational issues in life.. because you have a good foundation doesn't mean others have.. some of us are Born into powers we know nothing about and after knowing christ we still have to go for deliverance before Good things starts happening..

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Oyiboman69: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2022
Mathiasa:
We are the reason we are being affected by our ancestry sins, this is because of our lack of faith.
Everyday we keep reminding God to forgive us our sins and that of or ancestors, we keep repeating the same prayers day and night, weeks after weeks months after months and yearly.
If you pray to God to forgive you ur sins once and u believe it's been forgiven, why repeat the prayer everyday?
What I think is that we never believed God forgave us the first time we asked for forgiveness.
Just pray once and believe that he has forgiven you the sins and move on.
If you repeat same prayers (ancestral sins) everyday, it means u never believed God forgave you in the first place, and that shows lack of faith.
What is faith with doubt? It means unbelieve.
Why will God forgive you if u don't believe he actually did.
Just pray for forgiveness, believe and that all. Stop repeating prayers .
but you still repeat sins....

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Aguiyimba(m): 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Peledonomy: 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by SunMusk(m): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2022
I don't believe in past curses as a Christian. But then this is your father what ever it is just forgive him, is very important.
Xyzee:
Stop playing!
There is nothing like curses anywhere especially as a child of God. Once you give your life to Christ, you are a new creature and old things have passed away.

I have a parent who never was there in my growing up until I became successful, he has been cursing me since I became an adult (I no send him papa) and the more he curses, the more I become successful and when people go to tell him how I have been so successful, he claims me at that moment before them. After they leave, he sends more curses. Lol

So OP, nobody can curse you as long as you have God by your side.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Peledonomy: 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Yes oo. Sadly, generational curses don't recognise whether you're born again or not. The bible has said it all in Deut 5:9.

I am a fool, I have mental problem. I need help
I am not sure I will survive this year because my generational curse.
No psalm has helped me so far

. He said the psalm was about forgiveness of sin.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
Millz404:
Other countries are building hydroloops, spaceship, self driving cars, so much advancement at a rapid rate. Africans are busy in their backwardness asking dumb questions
who is holding u from not building dem for us?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by CSTRR: 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2022
tctrills:

Oga, where do you get these false teachings from. Anger isn't hereditary.
An angry man could have children who are very calm and not prune to anger even if they are not born again.

Yes as a born again you are still human and you fall into temptation. We all fall into temptation.

But we learn that the day you become born again, you become a new creature. Trust me, the blood of Christ is able to wash away the curses of the past.
You only need to believe and leave the false traditions of your past.
Sorry, being born again is not the end all.

It is the start of your deliverance.

I asked you a question with biblical references.

Will being born again prevent you from getting very angry.?

If you are a very violent person, and you get born again right now.
Will that anger suddenly disappear immediately?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Aguiyimba(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Yes oo. Sadly, generational curses don't recognise whether you're born again or not. The bible has said it all in Deut 5:9.

That's why people must pray always....without ceasing. However,if you're from a family of believers, those curses could have been broken along the line and you'd not be affected.

I had a colleague back in the days . He was older than me. I dey call am bros. He's from Isoko area of Delta. He told me one day in the office that, he's afraid right now. I asked bros what's it? He said nobody in their lineage lives beyond 40 years. God Almighty is my witness if I lie. I told him not to fret but put it into prayers and seek God's face for mercy. He celebrated his 40th birthday, nothing happened. He had celebrated 50th birthday already and still living. He prayed oo

Sadly, his younger sister died a few years back when she was approaching 40 years...it was just a few months to her 40th birthday. They took her body home. I now remembered what he once told me...I was shocked. Only God knows what happened generations back...and someome placed a curse on them which affected their generations. He's now a pastor sef. Definitely, the curse wouldn't have any power over his children cos it's been broken in his generation already.

Many weird things happen to many people in life and they'd think its ordinary...people always ought to be praying. Sadly, this generation is a wayward type. Many don't even believe God ever exists. I only shake my head for them.

One day, I visited my inlaw who told me her friend had a breast cancer. I asked for her name and I gave it to my pastor for prayers. My pastor said, she can't survive it because its gone too far on her before they could realise it. He said the cancer had affected 4th generation before hers. He said but if someone can pray for her...if she has a daughter who hasn't known any man, and can read a book of psalm which he gave me, on her, she'd make heaven. He said the psalm was about forgiveness of sin.

Psalm chapter what? Please
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Cloud007: 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
tctrills:

Oga, the blood of Christ is able to wash away all curses. Give your life to Christ.
If God has forgiven you, no curse can stand.
Funny.... When do know the Blood of the sprinkling actually works for you until you ask. When do you know if God has actually forgives and judgment has been passed in your favor. Is it not when demonic curses and patterns stops?

This generation believes repenting and being Born Again is instant. Its a process that and reversal of curses, convenant are part of the process.

When the blood of Jesus is known as the most valuable currency for exchange in the spirit realm. What are you exchange for? Is like you are thinking when you are born again...you can't be attacked.

Grow out of been a baby christian if you are and understand the workings spiritual realm.

Your accuser accuse you day and night. Don't seat down assuming you don't have work to do.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MyAmericandream(f): 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
tctrills:

Lol,
Once you guys get caught in your lies you begin to claim a fake spiritual superiority.
You claim I am spiritualy unintelligent yet you are the one who believes that the blood of Christ is not strong enough to wash away curses.
Funny.

Blood of Christ ke? Don’t even go there do you know what the blood of Christ has done for me and is still doing ? My prayer is incomplete without the blood of Jesus. Please, don’t misquote me ntori Olorun.

As a good Christian you must know how to pray and fast. Is not all about quoting Bible (though it is one of the ingredients for spiritual warfare). And stop looking for shortcut to break free. I don try am before e no work until I incorporated F&P.

Me and God they yarn like pal steadily on a daily basis because how I devoted my time in p&f. That’s why I’m telling you the fastest way to break free from curses is by intense prayer. You think say to be Christian na Moimoi. It’s only a lazy Christian that depends on Bible quotes to survive.

We’re from Africa, Oga use your brain.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by CSTRR: 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2022
Many Born again christians are going through what their fathers or mothers went through.

Peculiar Sicknesses, late marriages, bad marriages, poverty, e.t.c. The same kind of Problems flowing down the family.
Everybody in the family has the same kind of problem.

And what is worst is that they have no access to sound spiritual knowledge that can help them in addressing it.

They are still being fed with ''once you are born again, that is all''.

Inadequate knowlegde of spiritual warfare.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MyAmericandream(f): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
Cloud007:
Funny.... When do know the Blood of the sprinkling actually works for you until you ask. When do you know if God has actually forgives and judgment has been passed in your favor. Is it not when demonic curses and patterns stops?

This generation believes repenting and being Born Again is instant. Its a process that and reversal of curses, convenant are part of the process.

When the blood of Jesus is known as the most valuable currency for exchange in the spirit realm. What are you exchange for? Is like you are thinking when you are born again...you can't be attacked.

Grow out of been a baby christian if you are and understand the workings spiritual realm.

Your accuser accuse you day and night. Don't seat down assuming you don't have work to do.

Peace

God bless you my brother in the lord.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Victoria938(f): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
A Christian’s body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. What power does Satan have over God?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Xyzee: 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
SunMusk:
I don't believe in past curses as a Christian. But then this is your father what ever it is just forgive him, is very important.

I believe in causes and effect. People have to be held accountable for their actions.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by omobaba101(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
The New Life in Christ is a life of faith and the real strength of faith is the knowledge of the word of God! Faith comes by hearing.
If any man is in Christ, he's a new creature. You shall know the truth and the truth sets you free. If as a child of God you search and hold unto the truth of the word of God, there's nothing like ancestral curse, because through Jesus Christ you are an offspring of Abraham. No one curses Abraham. Remember the story of Balaam in Numbers, he couldn't curse the Israelites because of the ancestral blessings!

If you read the letters you can live under ancestral or any other curse, but if you get the spirit of the word of God, nothing like ancestral curse for a child of God. Whatever is born of God overcomes the world, this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith!

ebubeson:
If someone gets born again, will the person still be affected by past ancestral Bondages or curses? Please contribute... in situations were you offended someone and the person cursed, you may have to go back to apologize or return what you stole..

Please contribute!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by kelvindj98: 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ask Musk
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by CSTRR: 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Xyzee: 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
Oyiboman69:
in all your success... you choose to abandoned your father. where is the Christ in you?. it's a shame where we practice not what we preach....

I am not one of those “forgive and forget yen yen yen “,

People should take responsibility for their actions and bear full consequences.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by igala1(m): 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
Yes. Ezekiel 18:1-30. The fathers have eaten grant and the mouth of their children is sour. Obviously, if there had been atrocities committed or evil agreements entered using generations unborn as collateral then it speaks. Hey 9:12-14 . But through the blood of Jesus Christ a new covenant has been made and the old one desolate.
The Christian effected must asked for the following:
1. Help of the Holy Ghost to reveal the source if curse.
2. Access to the blood of Jesus Christ which we get by redemption and righteousness.
3. By fasting and praying. Mist times a deliverance Pastor should be consulted.
4. The curses are avertable if the Christian and his generation serve God fervently and never return to the cause of the curse.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by FrenchyL(m): 1:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
In one word: No.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MyAmericandream(f): 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
Hopeba:
you are not serious...go and ask people that have faced serious foundational issues in life.. because you have a good foundation doesn't mean others have.. some of us are Born into powers we know nothing about and after knowing christ we still have to go for deliverance before Good things starts happening..

The guy has never fought any battle before he won’t understand.. no be that same battle kill my mama at the age of 30. When the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do?

He might not even have a good foundation, but he just lacks spiritual knowledge.
God kuku talk am , he said my people perish because of lack of knowledge.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by CSTRR: 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
The only thing being born again would do for you is that it would give you some level of initial protection, and it would give you the launching pad to begin your deliverance.

You are not going to feel the full impact of the consequences. You will feel a lot, but it won't be as terrible as those that are not born again.

But if you decide to just stop there, well, that would be unfortunate.
Needless suffering.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Confirmedzombie: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
2nd Corinthians 5;17
For if a man be in christ, his a New creature, Old things are passed away and All things becomes new.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by lotkyes200: 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
Yes the Bible say a hair as long as his a child is no difference from a servant.

Untill it done on you that who Christ set free is free you wont enjoy that freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Aladdin1(m): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
[quote author=Eriokanmi post=119071481]Yes oo. Sadly, generational curses don't recognise whether you're born again or not. The bible has said it all in Deut 5:9.

That's why people must pray always....without ceasing. However,if you're from a family of believers, those curses could have been broken along the line and you'd not be affected.

I had a colleague back in the days . He was older than me. I dey call am bros. He's from Isoko area of Delta. He told me one day in the office that, he's afraid right now. I asked bros what's it? He said nobody in their lineage lives beyond 40 years. God Almighty is my witness if I lie. I told him not to fret but put it into prayers and seek God's face for mercy. He celebrated his 40th birthday, nothing happened. He had celebrated 50th birthday already and still living. He prayed oo

Sadly, his younger sister died a few years back when she was approaching 40 years...it was just a few months to her 40th birthday.Am very sure that Your pastor is an ogbuebunu pastor.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by SunMusk(m): 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
Wow wow.... Since your father is not making peace with you, y don't you try to make peace with him.... If you re successful what is small money to send to him every month. Leave accountability to God. You re command to forgive, why bcs your debt which is greater was forgiven bcs you believe in Jesus
Xyzee:

I believe in causes and effect. People have to be held accountable for their actions.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
MyAmericandream:

The guy has never fought any battle before he won’t understand.. no be that same battle kill my mama at the age of 30. When the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do?

He might not even have a good foundation, but he just lacks spiritual knowledge.
God kuku talk am , he said my people perish because of lack of knowledge.
so sorry about ur mom...we have too many ignorant people on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by President2001(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
Curses can only have it's way when believer commit sin and refused to restitute
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by casualobserver: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2022
What we tend to refer to in this world as ancestral bondage is simply learned behavior!!

Things you learn at home, that you cannot shake off easily because that is how you were groomed/raised. Knowingly or unknowingly.

That’s why they are difficult to shake off. As an example a child of a single mother or a divorced family will also likely to be a single parent or divorcee because that is what they know. And I have seen many say they went through so much pain and don’t want it for themselves only to repeat it. They dont know what it takes to maintain a home with 2 parents because they didn’t experience it. They see divorce as an option because their parents divorced and that is their template.

Similarly we subconsciously inculcate certain habits ways of thinking/ mindsets in our children based on our professions. A child of a politician is used to the ways of politicians, a child of a business man understands instinctively the ways of business, the child of a teacher learns certain habits without being deliberately taught. The child of a soldier, policeman etc etc etc . Your parents will bring certain subconscious habits home based on their profession.

These are the things we in Africa call ancestral bonds…. I don’t know if you can pray them away!!!! The problem with learned behaviour is that it is difficult to unlearn as by the age of 16 +/- a few years the character and behaviour of most people is set for life.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bloodline iniquity, 40days prayer and fasting, Arome Osayi...

This will help you... its on YouTube
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Aladdin1(m): 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
Xyzee:

I am not one of those “forgive and forget yen yen yen “,

People should take responsibility for their actions and bear full consequences.
Take my word and it is the word of God. You are not yet truly born again. If you are, you would freely forgive and forget all who have wronged you. One thing i can assure you is that the curse you allow your father to be placing on you will surely take effect on you.sooner or later. Your father has authority over you and it matters not if he was a good father or not.hes words over you would stick with time,its like a time bomb. it would certainly explode.better make amends b4 he dies and then it will be too late.bible says curse causeless shall not come.yours have a cause and would surely come.so rejoice not in ignorance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Foluke Adeboye Celebrates Her 70th Birthday (Photos) / Pope Benedict (xvi) Resigns / COVID-19: Winner’s Chapel, Daystar To Have Physical Church Service Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.