Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? (19895 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by AreaFada2: 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
Yungmil:
If you commit sin in PDP or any other party once u join APC your sins are forgiven--ARISSTOTLE

Past curses and ancestral bondage is just an African problem.

It doesn't exist in developed countries

cheesy grin
Ancestors of many current Caucasian Australians were hardened criminals transferred for punishment in one God-forsaken end of the world colony. Today, descendants of those criminals boast one of the best living standards. I'm sure those criminals "chop curse tire from their victims" back then. grin cheesy

Fact is it is good to be good, forgive and seek forgiveness from those who have wronged you if possible. Leave the rest to God. Ancestral curses wane as long as you don't continue on the path of those ancestors that earned them the curse for their trouble.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by toprealman: 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
Naijanascam:
In a nutshell........ You can't eat your cake and have it....

The bottom line is refrain from Evil
Ancestral in this regards means you were not even born when they ate the case. Now to his question, will you suffer the repercussion arising because of the "cake" your ancestors ate?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Millz404(m): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tenshades:

You ended up making no sense.

I directed a simple question to you but look how you answered like a man with a missing brain nerve ending.

Obstinacy and vehemency in opinion are the surest proof of stupidity.

These, you've successfully shown!

Abeg shift. You no get talk.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by efficiencie(m): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2022
ebubeson:
If someone gets born again, will the person still be affected by past ancestral Bondages or curses? Please contribute... in situations were you offended someone and the person cursed, you may have to go back to apologize or return what you stole..

Please contribute!

What you sow is what you reap...If you sow evil, being born again will not prevent you from reaping retribution. However, the sacrifice of Jesus can be raised against what you have sowed. If you raise the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and put the bill of the curses and ancestral bondages on the tab of Jesus Christ the price is fully paid and you are set free. Note that this does not happen automatically because you accepted Jesus Christ. You actually have to confess your sins and consciously ask the LORD to atone for your sins using His blood. Ask and ye shall receive is a universal and neutral law. You have no right to lay claim over what you have not asked for explicitly. If you have accepted Jesus as your LORD, ask of Him so that you joy can be full but if you refuse to ask the curses and bondages of the past will remain and you joy will never be full.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by tctrills: 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
MyAmericandream:

Blood of Christ ke? Don’t even go there do you know what the blood of Christ has done for me and is still doing ? My prayer is incomplete without the blood of Jesus. Please, don’t misquote me ntori Olorun.

As a good Christian you must know how to pray and fast. Is not all about quoting Bible (though it is one of the ingredients for spiritual warfare). And stop looking for shortcut to break free. I don try am before e no work until I incorporated F&P.

Me and God they yarn like pal steadily on a daily basis because how I devoted my time in p&f. That’s why I’m telling you the fastest way to break free from curses is by intense prayer. You think say to be Christian na Moimoi. It’s only a lazy Christian that depends on Bible quotes to survive.

We’re from Africa, Oga use your brain.
You are mixing the pagan beliefs of your father's with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Xyzee: 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
Aladdin1:
Take my word and it is the word of God. You are not yet truly born again. If you are, you would freely forgive and forget all who have wronged you. One thing i can assure you is that the curse you allow your father to be placing on you will surely take effect on you.sooner or later. Your father has authority over you and it matters not if he was a good father or not.hes words over you would stick with time,its like a time bomb. it would certainly explode.better make amends b4 he dies and then it will be too late.bible says curse causeless shall not come.yours have a cause and would surely come.so rejoice not in ignorance.

Get out of here with African backward mentality! Keep your advice to yourself. I didn’t post to get advice.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by tctrills: 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
Cloud007:
Funny.... When do know the Blood of the sprinkling actually works for you until you ask. When do you know if God has actually forgives and judgment has been passed in your favor. Is it not when demonic curses and patterns stops?

This generation believes repenting and being Born Again is instant. Its a process that and reversal of curses, convenant are part of the process.

When the blood of Jesus is known as the most valuable currency for exchange in the spirit realm. What are you exchange for? Is like you are thinking when you are born again...you can't be attacked.

Grow out of been a baby christian if you are and understand the workings spiritual realm.

Your accuser accuse you day and night. Don't seat down assuming you don't have work to do.

Peace
Oga what does it mean to be a born again? Can you be a born again if you have not been washed in his blood? You can't be a born again and retain any curse.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Naijanascam: 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
toprealman:

Ancestral in this regards means you were not even born when they ate the case. Now to his question, will you suffer the repercussion arising because of the "cake" your ancestors ate?

But you inherited their land and other things right?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by toprealman: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
Naijanascam:

But you inherited their land and other things right?
Bro stay on the question. Stop confusing yourself.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by tctrills: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
CSTRR:

Sorry, being born again is not the end all.

It is the start of your deliverance.

I asked you a question with biblical references.

Will being born again prevent you from getting very angry.?

If you are a very violent person, and you get born again right now.
Will that anger suddenly disappear immediately?
What are you saying? You mean some one who has been washed by the blood of Christ has not been delivered enough. Are you saying that his blood is not sufficient? Are you a Christian or what?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by tctrills: 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
TenQ:

Just quote me properly, we'll both see the context!
Don't take it personal. Your malaria example was not good enough.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Aladdin1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
Xyzee:

Get out of here with African backward mentality! Keep your advice to yourself. I didn’t post to get advice.
I never gave an advice. i only told you what awaits you before you rejoice and wallow in your ignorance.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by almarthins(m): 2:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
ebubeson:
If someone gets born again, will the person still be affected by past ancestral Bondages or curses? Please contribute... in situations were you offended someone and the person cursed, you may have to go back to apologize or return what you stole..

Please contribute!

Yes and yes! If the born again no fit pray well well to break the curse.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by almarthins(m): 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
Aladdin1:
Take my word and it is the word of God. You are not yet truly born again. If you are, you would freely forgive and forget all who have wronged you. One thing i can assure you is that the curse you allow your father to be placing on you will surely take effect on you.sooner or later. Your father has authority over you and it matters not if he was a good father or not.hes words over you would stick with time,its like a time bomb. it would certainly explode.better make amends b4 he dies and then it will be too late.bible says curse causeless shall not come.yours have a cause and would surely come.so rejoice not in ignorance.

You told him the truth. If him no wan hear the truth, e go wait for am for hell.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by tctrills: 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2022
Cloud007:
Funny.... When do know the Blood of the sprinkling actually works for you until you ask. When do you know if God has actually forgives and judgment has been passed in your favor. Is it not when demonic curses and patterns stops?

This generation believes repenting and being Born Again is instant. Its a process that and reversal of curses, convenant are part of the process.

When the blood of Jesus is known as the most valuable currency for exchange in the spirit realm. What are you exchange for? Is like you are thinking when you are born again...you can't be attacked.

Grow out of been a baby christian if you are and understand the workings spiritual realm.

Your accuser accuse you day and night. Don't seat down assuming you don't have work to do.

Peace

Oga when last did you read your bible?

When you are born again you are automatically washed by the blood. You don't need to ask for it again. It comes with the package.

Please read.
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

When you become born again, the blood of Christ would automatically wash you clean.
If one claims to be born again but has not been washed by the blood, the person is joking.
Stop mixing your fetish beliefs with Christianity.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by almarthins(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2022
Aladdin1:

You told him the truth. If him no wan hear the truth, e go wait for am for hell. Jus leave am
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Tenshades(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2022
Millz404:

Abeg shift. You no get talk.

Stay fine.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by SaintAdah: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
ebubeson:

Please contribute!
if any man be In Christ, he's a new creation,old things have passed away behold all things have become new.

But if you need prayer to strengthen your faith and confidence check here
https://youtube.com/channel/UCTQRVAFRuUX6UcHKSz9-O7g
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Exceed15: 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
2 Corinthians 5: 17 answers it.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by ekerintee: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
Life is more complex than we think,being bornagain is just the beginning of the battle,there are so many battles to fight,one is generational courses ,they come in different form,some are hidden and U don't even notice it,unless God reveals it to u,when U notice it,U have to tackle it by prayers and all means,some come in form of a pattern,people die at particular age ,some come in form of failures.when U notice it,U need God to help U defeat it.its real,those who brought xtainity to Africa never understand the African culture and how deep into evil some generations were.u can decide to believe it or not.its the truth that once born again ,U are free but not free from attacks from the enemies who have some claims to your generations.

Lastborn0074:

Please don't mislead people here. Read Gal 3:13 and Room 8:1. Tell me where the Bible says you must always pray to detach yourself from curses. Accept the finished work of Christ and be free.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Cloud007: 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2022
tctrills:

Oga what does it mean to be a born again? Can you be a born again if you have not been washed in his blood? You can't be a born again and retain any curse.
being Born again is accepting Jesus as Lord and personal Savior. That acceptance is a process. It's not by mouth. The declaration is the first step and work in progress began. It is now left for you to remain at the declaration state or you further the process by allowing the Holy Spirit takes over to de-escalate all what is not of God.

Even natural birth takes 9 month.... The Holy Spirit takes over and nurture what is inside you for the appointed time for pangs and travail. The Kingdom of God suffer violence and the violence takes it by force. Then birth happens. Entering thereafter into the kingdom of God is another topic entirely.

This generation believes when they declear..then they are fine. Reason most people will not make heaven cos they are like seed that fell on the rock. Reason why Jesus didn't know a lot of people that profess themselves to be christians. Lukewarm seeds! They fornicates, lies, kill, backbite,slander and still lift filthy hands in a dead church or assembly to Satan thinking it's Jesus. Jesus will spit you out.

The God that I serve is a God of process and legal ground. Ask Adam why it was easy for him to rebel. He never went through the process.

Their is a lot to talk about but definitely not here.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Mathiasa(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
Oyiboman69:
but you still repeat sins....
Yes we do, but do our ancestors repeat sins after death?
We can pray for the forgiveness of sins for parents, siblings, uncle's and aunties that are alive because everyone sins as long as we live.
But our ancestors are dead and don't sin again.
Except u are trying to tell me that they sin even in death.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by vannessa7(f): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
From the word of God it should not affect a born again christian but because untold errors have been introduced into christianity and what we have now is not actually God's original plan the devil knows how to exploit those loopholes, he definitely knows when anyone is breaking the laws of God so he has no reason to leave the born again christian. I battled such curses and evil until God called me into islam. Islam gets rid of all ancestral baggages and evils, TenQ have you seen this

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
SaintAdah:
if any man be In Christ, he's a new creation,old things have passed away behold all things have become new.

But if you need prayer to strengthen your faith and confidence check here
Being in Christ isn't the same as being born-again. This since all those who gain access into the Kingdom of God through the Broad gate which leads to destruction at the end are also born-again- John 3 vs 1 - 8 & Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. . Yes, all those who will end up in Hell after Jesus Christ returns are all born-agains, too. undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Testimony1988(m): 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2022
It's advisable one return stolen properties after being born again.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by tctrills: 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2022
Cloud007:
being Born again is accepting Jesus as Lord and personal Savior. That acceptance is a process. It's not by mouth. The declaration is the first step and work in progress began. It is now left for you to remain at the declaration state or you further the process by allowing the Holy Spirit takes over to de-escalate all what is not of God.

Even natural birth takes 9 month.... The Holy Spirit takes over and nurture what is inside you for the appointed time for pangs and travail. The Kingdom of God suffer violence and the violence takes it by force. Then birth happens. Entering thereafter into the kingdom of God is another topic entirely.

This generation believes when they declear..then they are fine. Reason most people will not make heaven cos they are like seed that fell on the rock. Reason why Jesus didn't know a lot of people that profess themselves to be christians. Lukewarm seeds! They fornicates, lies, kill, backbite,slander and still lift filthy hands in a dead church or assembly to Satan thinking it's Jesus. Jesus will spit you out.

The God that I serve is a God of process and legal ground. Ask Adam why it was easy for him to rebel. He never went through the process.

Their is a lot to talk about but definitely not here.

Peace.
We all know that being born again takes some time but the point remains that once you become born again, you can't be talking about ancestral curses. It's that simple.
Please read you bible and repent from your false traditions.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by busomma: 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
There's nothing like that my friend. Free ur mind from the indoctrination of ur pastor & use ur God given brain. If u look closely ur great grandparents lives were better than urs & u still believed there are curses. Wake up from ur slumber & hustle .
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
Testimony1988:
It's advisable one return stolen properties after being born again.
Who gave that advise ---- your pastors or God? undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by ogbonti: 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2022
what ancestral curses ?

when will the British Royal Family suffer from their own ancestral curses our fore fathers cursed them for invading our land, stealing our resources and imposing their government on our people for more than 100 years ?

don’t go and work hard and make it —/ be allowing your pastors deceive you there are ancestral curses that’s preventing you from achieving your life long dream

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by VHILL: 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
ebubeson:

Please contribute!

Yes...but he has to pray regularly and brake them. Gal 3: 13-14
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Geominer: 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Yes oo. Sadly, generational curses don't recognise whether you're born again or not. The bible has said it all in Deut 5:9.

That's why people must pray always....without ceasing. However,if you're from a family of believers, those curses could have been broken along the line and you'd not be affected.

I had a colleague back in the days . He was older than me. I dey call am bros. He's from Isoko area of Delta. He told me one day in the office that, he's afraid right now. I asked bros what's it? He said nobody in their lineage lives beyond 40 years. God Almighty is my witness if I lie. I told him not to fret but put it into prayers and seek God's face for mercy. He celebrated his 40th birthday, nothing happened. He had celebrated 50th birthday already and still living. He prayed oo

Sadly, his younger sister died a few years back when she was approaching 40 years...it was just a few months to her 40th birthday. They took her body home. I now remembered what he once told me...I was shocked. Only God knows what happened generations back...and someome placed a curse on them which affected their generations. He's now a pastor sef. Definitely, the curse wouldn't have any power over his children cos it's been broken in his generation already.

Many weird things happen to many people in life and they'd think its ordinary...people always ought to be praying. Sadly, this generation is a wayward type. Many don't even believe God ever exists. I only shake my head for them.

One day, I visited my inlaw who told me her friend had a breast cancer. I asked for her name and I gave it to my pastor for prayers. My pastor said, she can't survive it because its gone too far on her before they could realise it. He said the cancer had affected 4th generation before hers. He said but if someone can pray for her...if she has a daughter who hasn't known any man, and can read a book of psalm which he gave me, on her, she'd make heaven. He said the psalm was about forgiveness of sin.

Make heaven kwa. No body can pray 4 anyother person to make heaven please.

All these reading of Psalms mainly by Cherubim and Seraphim and Cele looks like mini-occultism. Prayer is the Key. Prayer breaks all yokes.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Tradepunter2: 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
there is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..

if you believe there is that means the love of God doesn't dwell in you and is no better than the Sadducees and Pharisees

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Foluke Adeboye Celebrates Her 70th Birthday (Photos) / Pope Benedict (xvi) Resigns / COVID-19: Winner’s Chapel, Daystar To Have Physical Church Service Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.