Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,060 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? (33470 Views)

Which City Is The Best And Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary / Empty Stadium Greeted PDP Mega Rally At Lokoja - Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by babasolution: 10:22am On Dec 19, 2022
Have seen several threads and comments were lokoja is described as the worst capital in Nigeria and the most underdeveloped.

But is this really true given the situation of kogi.

Kogi state is composed of minority tribes who do not have strong representatives at the federal. How many strong kogi ministers have there been since 1999.

The federal investments in kogi such as the ajoakuta steel are moribund.The state investments like the dangote cement factory are doing relatively well but it's not enough.

Kogi population is relatively low with different tribes who stay more in their localities than in the capital, that's why I think lokoja is small.

Most kogi people either reside in Abuja or in their hometowns not in lokoja.

Have been in kogi before like over ten years back,I think the state is cool and quite organised. It just needs work on the roads which are particularly bad and clean up.

Lokoja is not bad as people paint it,most people that travel through lokoja only see the outskirts and assume that's how the whole town is.

Lokoja is a small town but not as bad as painted given the situation of the state itself

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Writer01: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2022
The people condemning states and capital, let them first check their families before trying to implicate a different thing to it , ok even though it is the worst state, what is your business, not that am from there oo,me am from Abia State but call a spade a spade..

Contact me for your academic assignment articles, proposals, power point , thesis, research works. WhatsApp me

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Qatar2022: 10:58am On Dec 19, 2022
You're saying all those things because abia state is one of the worst state in Nigeria

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Omihanifa: 11:00am On Dec 19, 2022
When we talk about the worst state capital in nigeria, just give to to minna or lokoja. The two states are still far behind

180 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Moh247: 11:11am On Dec 19, 2022
smiley

Bad governance is the issue with Kogi

Kogi is arguably one of the richest NorthCentral state, they have most mineral resources in aboundance.

Agriculture is also great there.

For Kogi to get things right, Solid minerals must be removed from FG Exclusive list and mining should strictly be local while tax are paid to FG, locals mine Gem stones and sell it so cheaply since they don't want FG taking over

Ajaokuta alone is enough to sustain Nigerian steel production if coal plant are permitted and Warri-Itakpe - Ajaokuta Rail is used for Cargo

On Agriculture comparative advantage for them is Rice, Yam and fish farming due to nearness to river Niger

And their best of all the best means of revenue is tourism leveraging on very lovely scenery, but to develop that they need infrastructure

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
On federal representative every States have equal representatives and ministerial each States most also represents. Bad governs cut across Nigeria because those governors are doing below par with the resources they have at hand.they lack prowess to use the human capital and natural resources within their reach

15 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Jokerman(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2022
Lokoja is actually the worse in Nigeria

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by babasolution: 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
Jokerman:
Lokoja is actually the worse in Nigeria

Give reasons

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by FarahAideed: 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
No state capital is fine in Nigeria if we are to say the truth

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by babasolution: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
hakeemhakeem:
On federal representative every States have equal representatives and ministerial each States most also represents. Bad governs cut across Nigeria because those governors are doing below par with the resources they have at hand.they lack prowess to use the human capital and natural resources within their reach

Some states have ministers with stronger portfolios.

When as there been a federal minister from kogi with a strong portfolio that is a big ministry.In this buharis government kogi state as only been represented by the FCT minister of state, that is a deputy minister of a ministry that is limited in scope
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by cpu2006(m): 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2022
Writer01:
The people condemning states and capital, let them first check their families before trying to implicate a different thing to it , ok even though it is the worst state, what is your business, not that am from there oo,me am from Abia State but call a spade a spade..

Contact me for your academic assignment articles, proposals, power point , thesis, research works. WhatsApp me

We all know you are from Kabba, not from Lokoja. But, bro Lokoja is the worst state capital in Nigeria.!!!!!!!

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by bularuz(m): 1:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
babasolution:

Some states have ministers with stronger portfolios.

When as there been a federal minister from kogi with a strong portfolio that is a big ministry.In this buharis government kogi state as only been represented by the FCT minister of state, that is a deputy minister of a ministry that is limited in scope
Is the minister for the state alone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by babasolution: 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
cpu2006:

We all know you are from Kabba, not from Lokoja. But, bro Lokoja is the worst state capital in Nigeria.!!!!!!!

Give reasons why it's the worst

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by wiseone28: 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2022
But i heard Yenegoa is also bad?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Kiddogarcia(m): 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
I don't know seriously.

Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by TheChameleon: 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
grin
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Caleb15(m): 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
Black pot calling another pot black

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by foxxydude: 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2022
Benin city is the dirtiest state capital in Nigeria

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by orisa37: 7:46am On Dec 20, 2022
AS THE CONFLUENCE OF NIGER BENUE RIVERS, LOKOJA SHOULD INCORPORATE ABUJA AND BE DEVELOPED AS FTC.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by ajekpaks(m): 7:56am On Dec 20, 2022
Lokoja be like abandoned museum

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by TheWordM: 9:21am On Dec 20, 2022
Damn.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by jumper524(m): 9:21am On Dec 20, 2022
Yahaya Bello had a much improved 2nd term, lokoja is by far better than makurdi now. Benue is way behind.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by adecz: 9:21am On Dec 20, 2022
undecidedThe problem with Kogi State is
that it is controlled by two of the most
wicked, fetish, hostile and unprogressive
tribes in Nigeria, which is the Igala & Ebira.

What they specialize in doing, day in
day out is usingwitchcraft and voodoo to target and disable real or imagined enemies.
The motor accident or spiritual attacks is
one of their favorite methods.

A sitting governor was victim of accident
several times & another elected governor
died on the day his electoral victory was
to be announced.❗️❗️❗️

Historically, Lokoja was the initially chosen
location for the capital of northern Nigeria,
but, oyibo changed mind because they
sensed the indigene's character. Note that
the first school in northern Nigeria was
sited there.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by naijapage(f): 9:22am On Dec 20, 2022
come to AWKA

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Slawomirr: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2022
Damnnn niggar
I agree

Very dirty and anyhow topography

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Oluwadare316(m): 9:22am On Dec 20, 2022
Haa, my home state
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by DenreleDave(m): 9:22am On Dec 20, 2022
no wonder you are saying rubbish.. u r from abia state... the worst state in igbo land grin grin grin

worst recongnizes worst grin grin
Writer01:

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by bestman09(m): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2022
tongue
So yeyebello couldn't develop lokoja for 8 years and he wanted to be Nigerian president

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwaMamaIwota(f): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2022
DenreleDave:
no wonder you are saying rubbish.. u r from abia state

worst recongnizes worst grin grin
how's your neck ?

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by SoftP(m): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2022
Q

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Election: Tinubu Leading In Latest NOI Poll / South West Governors Visits Tinubu (Pictures) / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.