Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,067 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? (33492 Views)

Which City Is The Best And Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary / Empty Stadium Greeted PDP Mega Rally At Lokoja - Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Curious345: 9:52am On Dec 20, 2022
Kogi state is a zoo.. courtesy GYB
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Satazaa: 9:53am On Dec 20, 2022
adecz:
undecidedThe problem with Kogi State is
that it is controlled by two of the most
wicked, fetish, hostile and unprogressive
tribes in Nigeria, which is the Igala & Ebira.

What they specialize in doing, day in
day out is usingwitchcraft and voodoo to target and disable real or imagined enemies.
The motor accident or spiritual attacks is
one of their favorite methods.

A sitting governor was victim of accident
several times & another elected governor
died on the day his electoral victory was
to be announced.❗️❗️❗️

Historically, Looks was the initially chosen
location for the capital of northern Nigeria,
but, oyibo changed mind because they
sensed the indigene's character. Note that
the first school in northern Nigeria was
sited there.
Go to a court of law and prove the efficacy of voodoo in order to validate your spurious and senseless claims, how do you even know voodoo if you are not a practictioner yourself, again the two governor's you mentioned are not even ebiras anyway, let's know where you are from and we can also throw dirt at your tribe too because every tribe has thier baggages, kindly unlearn all the trash in your head to enable you have a balanced and unbiased view of people because in every tribe there are the good, the bad and the ugly undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by membranus: 9:54am On Dec 20, 2022
Writer01:
The people condemning states and capital, let them first check their families before trying to implicate a different thing to it , ok even though it is the worst state, what is your business, not that am from there oo,me am from Abia State but call a spade a spade..

Contact me for your academic assignment articles, proposals, power point , thesis, research works. WhatsApp me

Your harsh comment on the OP's simple non- condemning observations about Lokoja reveal that you may not be a matured and objective Writer, but a subjective and emotional one.

Please always read keenly before expressing yourself, especially when you are claiming to be a writer.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by 8stargeneral: 9:54am On Dec 20, 2022
No doubt lokoja is the worst capital state in Nigeria...I passed there last week I was like ....is this a state capital or what...shame to their politicians representing them
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by sexiestharam(f): 9:54am On Dec 20, 2022
Benin City is the worst capital in Nigeria. A great empire of old, capital of old Bendel state! All modern infrastructure are situated in only 2 places! Airport road and Sapele road! That's all! Warri is even more developed than Benin!

4 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by TUTU147: 9:55am On Dec 20, 2022
Lokoja need prayers because the atrocities of the lord luggard and his mistress is still hunting lokoja.Lokoja is a place that most of the decisions affecting nigeria today was made.All the tribes in kogi state must ask God Almighty for forgiveness.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Osanoghodua1: 9:56am On Dec 20, 2022
Lokoja is a village. I slept there twice while making research on Bitcoin mining machine. Adams Kolo area and later the army barrack area. I can't stay there, it's just a retarded State without good governance. The people are wonderful, hospitable but the condition of the land is unpleasant. Let God arise for Kogi.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:57am On Dec 20, 2022
Writer01:
The people condemning states and capital, let them first check their families before trying to implicate a different thing to it , ok even though it is the worst state, what is your business, not that am from there oo,me am from Abia State but call a spade a spade..

Contact me for your academic assignment articles, proposals, power point , thesis, research works. WhatsApp me
The only reason for your opinion is because you are from Abia, whose capital is competing with Lokoja.
Abia is the only state I've every passed through its state house and it's having a very very bad road, I gave up when I heard the govt house is rented.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by babasolution: 9:58am On Dec 20, 2022
Moh247:

I think it's time Kogi try an Okun man, maybe James Faleke

But okun area seems less developed than other regions in kogi

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by TUTU147: 9:59am On Dec 20, 2022
Satazaa:
Go to a court of law and prove the efficacy of voodoo in order to validate your spurious and senseless claims, how do you even know voodoo if you are not a practictioner yourself, again the two governor's you mentioned are not even ebiras anyway, let's know where you are from and we can also throw dirt at your tribe too because every tribe has thier baggages, kindly unlearn all the trash in your head to enable you have a balanced and unbiased view of people because in every tribe there are the good, the bad and the ugly undecided
Sure but that of Kogi state is alarming,apart from kabba and bassa that are little friendly and accomodating, other tribes in kogi are very hostile and wicked.They wickedness is not only strangers,but also to their people.

7 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Pclemenza: 10:01am On Dec 20, 2022
Omihanifa:
When we talk about the worst state capital in nigeria, just give to to minna or lokoja. The two states are still far behind
Lol, neighboring states
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by babasolution: 10:01am On Dec 20, 2022
8stargeneral:
No doubt lokoja is the worst capital state in Nigeria...I passed there last week I was like ....is this a state capital or what...shame to their politicians representing them

You passed you didn't stay,you might have had very limited view of the outskirts

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Moh247: 10:01am On Dec 20, 2022
babasolution:

But okun area seems less developed than other regions in kogi

They have not gotten executive powers before, so it's a possibility they might want to impress other tribe for a re-election

Igala and Ibira already have the numbers and don't need to impress anyone to get votes
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by daberechi8(f): 10:02am On Dec 20, 2022
Qatar2022:
You're saying all those things because abia state is one of the worst state in Nigeria
Shut up Afonja miscreant sad
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by daberechi8(f): 10:03am On Dec 20, 2022
DenreleDave:
no wonder you are saying rubbish.. u r from abia state... the worst state in igbo land grin grin grin

worst recongnizes worst grin grin
Shut up Afonja miscreant sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by omojoibo: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2022
With help of Google maps you can explore various cities across the country and see how they compare in terms of roads and infrastructural developments. Many of the cities in the North are well spaced out with relative good road networks .Some cities in the south are fairly okay but many are awfully congested.The south west have many old school buildings ,typical of Yoruba cities. I appreciate Amosun for opening up my city Abeokuta with some few nice roads. Akwa Ibom has well developed infrastructure. Abia needs to work on their poor road network and city congestion.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by perdollar(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2022
Once upon a time, there were three Brothers named Sule, Abu and Loko. While on fish hunting in River Niger with their Father, Their Canoe capsized, The Three Brothers swam safely to the bank of d river, Abu to d East Bank, Sule to the West Bank and Loko to the South Bank. However Their Father who was nearly 70yo couldn't swim His way out because He got tired. Loko then threw a long rope to His Dad who grabbed it and was being pulled out of the river by Loko and the other Two who made it over to Loko. While they were pulling Their Father, each WL scream the others name and encourages them to push. Sule Ja, Loko Ja, Abu Ja. Ja means pull in hausa. They successfully pulled their Father over to Loko's side. Loko and Sule Laughed at their Father who got angry and cursed them. He said to Sule 'you will never make it in life'. To Loko,He said ' Your Glory WL be taken away from you and WL be given to Abu'. Loko stayed back at the South Bank of the river and named the land Lokoja which was once d capital of Nigeria but the Glory now belongs to Abuja the land at the East Bank of the River were Abu swam to and Despite Suleja closeness to Abuja, the land at the East Bank founded by Sule is still a town with lots of mud houses. Moral of the story: Lokoja is a cursed town, no sacrifice WL remove that curse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Fadafada231(m): 10:07am On Dec 20, 2022
Awoleesu:
No one is even talking about Damaturu, Jalingo, Lafia...are they not state capitals too?

Lafia is even better than markurdi. Lafia is ok though.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by adecz: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2022
Satazaa:

☺️☺️☺️ An Ebira from Adavi LGA sighted❗️❗️

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by EgusiShankly: 10:09am On Dec 20, 2022
Osanoghodua1:
Lokoja is a village. I slept there twice while making research on Bitcoin mining machine. Adams Kolo area and later the army barrack area. I can't stay there, it's just a retarded State without good governance. The people are wonderful, hospitable but the condition of the land is unpleasant. Let God arise for Kogi.
Adankolo

5 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by gidgiddy: 10:09am On Dec 20, 2022
I havent been to Lokoja in a while but the last time I was there, it was disaster
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by daberechi8(f): 10:09am On Dec 20, 2022
Yoruba is the most dirtiest Tribe in the history of Nigeria. O boy, these people are dirty to the core. I cannot even eat with them, I'll vomit right away. They don't wash their clothes well, they don't take their bath Wella. I can't even stay beside their women. Pukes sad

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NotoriousBiggyS: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2022
wiseone28:
But i heard Yenegoa is also bad?

Lol yenagoa is 100th time finer and beautiful than loyola, don't even compare
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Komu1048(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2022
Moh247:

I think it's time Kogi try an Okun man, maybe James Faleke

Yeah, they need to grow beyond their selfish interest. Okun people are more civilized, but lacks unity too.

I am sure he will perform than all those retarded people they've been given mandate to
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by cunny88(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2022
adecz:

day out is usingwitchcraft and voodoo to target and disable real or imagined enemies.

to be announced.❗️❗️❗️

Historically, Lokoja was the initially chosen
sited there.
U ar on point bro, exact tins I noticed when I schooled dere

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by LILTJAY: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2022
FarahAideed:
No state capital is fine in Nigeria if we are to say the truth
because no urban planning
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by FarahAideed: 10:14am On Dec 20, 2022
LILTJAY:
because no urban planning

Exactly
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Moh247: 10:15am On Dec 20, 2022
Komu1048:

Yeah, they need to grow beyond their selfish interest. Okun people are more civilized, but lacks unity too.

I am sure he will perform than all those retarded people they've been given mandate to

When you give minority power to Govern, they will try very hard to impress

Just like here in Oyo State, Ibadan always Govern, but once Ogbomoso had Akala and he tried all he can to prove a point

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by jamesversion: 10:15am On Dec 20, 2022
perdollar:
Once upon a time, there were three Brothers named Sule, Abu and Loko. While on fish hunting in River Niger with their Father, Their Canoe capsized, The Three Brothers swam safely to the bank of d river, Abu to d East Bank, Sule to the West Bank and Loko to the South Bank. However Their Father who was nearly 70yo couldn't swim His way out because He got tired. Loko then threw a long rope to His Dad who grabbed it and was being pulled out of the river by Loko and the other Two who made it over to Loko. While they were pulling Their Father, each WL scream the others name and encourages them to push. Sule Ja, Loko Ja, Abu Ja. Ja means pull in hausa. They successfully pulled their Father over to Loko's side. Loko and Sule Laughed at their Father who got angry and cursed them. He said to Sule 'you will never make it in life'. To Loko,He said ' Your Glory WL be taken away from you and WL be given to Abu'. Loko stayed back at the South Bank of the river and named the land Lokoja which was once d capital of Nigeria but the Glory now belongs to Abuja the land at the East Bank of the River were Abu swam to and Despite Suleja closeness to Abuja, the land at the East Bank founded by Sule is still a town with lots of mud houses. Moral of the story: Lokoja is a cursed town, no sacrifice WL remove that curse.

Satazaa needs to see this. Though he doesn't believe in things like this.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by LILTJAY: 10:23am On Dec 20, 2022
FarahAideed:

Exactly
just to buy land and build wetin you like...
no building codes and zoning laws..
useless country

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Mrfixiit: 10:24am On Dec 20, 2022
adecz:

to be announced.❗️❗️❗️

Historically, Lokoja was the initially chosen
sited there.
You're spot on bro. Same thing is happening in Ogun state and Edo state

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times / Jega-must-go Protest In Warri, Delta State [see Pictures] / Wike Pays Condolence Visit To NYSC On Death Of Corps Member (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.