Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? (33528 Views)

Which City Is The Best And Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary / Empty Stadium Greeted PDP Mega Rally At Lokoja - Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by derecho(m): 9:24am On Dec 20, 2022
Hmmn
Could it be because Yaya bello refused to campaign openly for Tinubu?

I smell a rat.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by ruffDiamond: 9:25am On Dec 20, 2022
Te place look like shiitima and tiffnubuu wrinkled face and hot as fuvk but still better pass ilorin afonjas angry

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by maxti: 9:25am On Dec 20, 2022
With all the allocations received by states, all states in Nigeria are bad.

#myhumbleopinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by sammirano: 9:25am On Dec 20, 2022
Writer01:
The people condemning states and capital, let them first check their families before trying to implicate a different thing to it , ok even though it is the worst state, what is your business, not that am from there oo,me am from Abia State but call a spade a spade..

Contact me for your academic assignment articles, proposals, power point , thesis, research works. WhatsApp me

Kogi is better than Abia grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by baretalk: 9:26am On Dec 20, 2022
It is, Bello is a thief, EFCC must probe yahaya Bello, am speaking because I know how the state is, Bello stole 90% of allocated revenue.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by AmazingELixir: 9:28am On Dec 20, 2022
Writer01:
The people condemning states and capital, let them first check their families before trying to implicate a different thing to it , ok even though it is the worst state, what is your business, not that am from there oo,me am from Abia State but call a spade a spade..

Contact me for your academic assignment articles, proposals, power point , thesis, research works. WhatsApp me

Who asked you were you come from and what sense have you made with this your post. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by highchief1: 9:29am On Dec 20, 2022
naijapage:
come to AWKA
obidients will kill u o.my hand no Dey.Peter obi turned awka to dubai pls I don’t want their trouble

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by shawngold(m): 9:29am On Dec 20, 2022
Lokoja is so under developed that it doesn't worth to be a state capital

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by MadamExcellency: 9:30am On Dec 20, 2022
Stop giving out fake news. Kano State has Representatives more than Lagos State and triple more than some States.

hakeemhakeem:
On federal representative every States have equal representatives and ministerial each States most also represents. Bad governs cut across Nigeria because those governors are doing below par with the resources they have at hand.they lack prowess to use the human capital and natural resources within their reach

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Ojusegunola(m): 9:32am On Dec 20, 2022
Op,prof Eyitayo Lambo,former minister for health is from kogi,Kola jamodu former minister for industry is from kogi,Bayo ojo(SAN)Former NBA chairman and former minster for justice is from kogi,Justice Adoke,former minster for justice is from kogi,General jemibewon,former minister for police affairs is from kogi,Popular senator smart Adeyemi is from kogi,Dino melaye is from kogi.IF THE STATE ISNT DEVELOPED BLAME IT ON THE LIKES,kogi has fair share of Ifs federal representation.Dont forget to blame YAHAYA BELLO too.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Ezeego1(m): 9:33am On Dec 20, 2022
naijapage:
come to AWKA

Don't talk nonsense my friend... why are you mentioning awka here?

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Komu1048(m): 9:33am On Dec 20, 2022
Moh247:
smiley

Bad governance is the issue with Kogi

Kogi is arguably one of the richest NorthCentral state, they have most mineral resources in aboundance.

Agriculture is also great there.

For Kogi to get things right, Solid minerals must be removed from FG Exclusive list and mining should strictly be local while tax are paid to FG

Ajaokuta alone is enough to sustain Nigerian steel production if coal plant are permitted and Warri-Itakpe - Ajaokuta Rail is used for Cargo

On Agriculture comparative advantage for them is Rice, Yam and fish farming due to nearness to river Niger

And their best of all the best means of revenue is tourism leveraging on very lovely scenery, but to develop that they need infrastructure

The problem of Kogi is its government. Igala people are at the helm of affairs in Kogi, whereas they are backward and uncivilised people who believe in born to rule mentality, they are dirty people whose agenda is for every other tribe in kogi must be under their crawl.

Just see the little development witnessed by kogi from Yahaya Bello, Prince Audu was the best kogi governor and still far behind other states governor in terms of dividends of governance

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by DennisEche(m): 9:33am On Dec 20, 2022
Add ABIA STATE
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Awoleesu(m): 9:33am On Dec 20, 2022
No one is even talking about Damaturu, Jalingo, Lafia...are they not state capitals too?

4 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Maj196(m): 9:34am On Dec 20, 2022
Yes, its a fvcking shithole.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Frank688915: 9:34am On Dec 20, 2022
Okoro will masturbate to this thread as usual because of what happen to their naming ceremony in kogi, Dem no see it coming cheesy
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by izubext007: 9:35am On Dec 20, 2022
This state na grave yard.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:35am On Dec 20, 2022
Writer01:

Do you also writes "personal statement"? You understand what I mean? Like someone who's going to school abroad.

If you do, I'll connect a lady with you.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by alizma: 9:35am On Dec 20, 2022
Omihanifa:
When we talk about the worst state capital in nigeria, just give to to minna or lokoja. The two states are still far behind
That shows your low level of exposure when it comes to Nigeria as a country. How many states of the country have you been to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by adecz: 9:36am On Dec 20, 2022
The problem with Kogi State is
that it is controlled by two of the most
wicked, fetish, hostile and unprogressive
tribes in Nigeria, which is the Igala & Ebira.

What they specialize in doing, day in
day out is usingwitchcraft and voodoo to target and disable real or imagined enemies.
The motor accident or spiritual attacks is
one of their favorite methods.

A sitting governor was victim of accident
several times & another elected governor
died on the day his electoral victory was
to be announced.❗️❗️❗️

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Orch1981: 9:36am On Dec 20, 2022
babasolution:
Have seen several threads and comments were lokoja is described as the worst capital in Nigeria and the most underdeveloped.

But is this really true given the situation of kogi.

Kogi state is composed of minority tribes who do not have strong representatives at the federal. How many strong kogi ministers have there been since 1999.

The federal investments in kogi such as the ajoakuta steel are moribund.The state investments like the dangote cement factory are doing relatively well but it's not enough.

Kogi population is relatively low with different tribes who stay more in their localities than in the capital, that's why I think lokoja is small.

Most kogi people either reside in Abuja or in their hometowns not in lokoja.

Have been in kogi before like over ten years back,I think the state is cool and quite organised. It just needs work on the roads which are particularly bad and clean up.

Lokoja is not bad as people paint it,most people that travel through lokoja only see the outskirts and assume that's how the whole town is.

Lokoja is a small town but not as bad as painted given the situation of the state itself
You might be right
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Moh247: 9:37am On Dec 20, 2022
Komu1048:

The problem of Kogi is its government. Igala people are at the helm of affairs in Kogi, whereas they are backward and uncivilised people who believe in born to rule mentality, they are dirty people whose agenda is for every other tribe in kogi must be under their crawl.

Just see the little development witnessed by kogi from Yahaya Bello, Prince Audu was the best kogi governor and still far behind other states governor in terms of dividends of governance

I think it's time Kogi try an Okun man, maybe James Faleke
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by ictplotter(m): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2022
foxxydude:
Benin city is the dirtiest state capital in Nigeria
There are two cities in the world that is,
BENIN CITY
NEW YORK CITY
Any other city are counterfeit and unknown.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Soso990240(m): 9:40am On Dec 20, 2022
If not Lokoja, i wonder where else. That state na shiit hole walahi. I did my NYSC in Kogi, Yahaya Bello no be human being.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Deegee7788: 9:42am On Dec 20, 2022
Make we no lie, lokoja worse. I am an indigene but I stay outside the state because there is nothing for the youth there. The weather is harsh. Economy is poor. Gbogbo e, rubbish. We pray for a good leader. Kogi is having same problem Nigeria have.

5 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Exceed15: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2022
Truth be told , lokoja looks like 18 century city.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by tk003(m): 9:50am On Dec 20, 2022
The summary of Kogi stagnation is BAD GOVERNANCE. Sinnce inception, the state has been ruled by not so bright politicians.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Elexdallas(m): 9:51am On Dec 20, 2022
sammirano:

Kogi is better than Abia grin grin

God forbid,
Have u being to abia or u just dey judge coz of some bad aba pics.
Abia get very bad government, but abia state is finer than many states in nigeria.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) / Photos Of Godswill Akpabio At Calabar Carnival / Lauretta Onochie Reacts To Jolly Nyame's Jail Sentence After Defecting To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.