Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? (33527 Views)

Which City Is The Best And Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary / Empty Stadium Greeted PDP Mega Rally At Lokoja - Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by nony43(m): 11:31am On Dec 20, 2022
Qatar2022:
You're saying all those things because abia state is one of the worst state in Nigeria

You just de inside your cubicle de yarn dust.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by aylipple: 11:33am On Dec 20, 2022
babasolution:

These guys are all okun who do not have strong influence in kogi yet,they are restricted to kogi West also they were ministry of health and justice which are not strong for infrastructure like works,power,Agriculture etc

This was your assertion "Kogi state is composed of minority tribes who do not have strong representatives at the federal. How many strong kogi ministers have there been since 1999?" and I went on to list not only "strong representatives" but influential senators from "minority" tribe in Kogi. I also listed Bayo Ojo & Eyitayo Lambo (forgot about Kola Jamodu & David Jemibewon) and if you know how powerful as Ministers these men were in their time, you would know it's not by simply occupying "strong" office.
Do you remember who the works & housing minister was just before Fashola? Or the minister for power? A political office is only as powerful or effective as the person that occupies it.
I can tell you for free that Bayo Ojo & Eyitayo Lambo were members of Obasanjo's inner caucus & nothing could be more powerful than that; having unfettered access to the number 1 citizen, not just anyone but OBJ!
And yes, Minister for Justice is a powerful office anywhere in the world & if you're in doubt, the present occupier of the office in Nigeria is a case in point.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by akorakor(m): 11:39am On Dec 20, 2022
Try Makurdi, the Benue state capital
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Probz(m): 11:39am On Dec 20, 2022
I actually really like Lokoja.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwekereNdoki: 11:48am On Dec 20, 2022
Qatar2022:
You're saying all those things because abia state is one of the worst state in Nigeria

How is Abia the worst state or your head dey pain u??

THis is ABa.

Only Umuahia is better than more than 10 capitals

7 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:48am On Dec 20, 2022
Poverty rate is high there
They just have land mass nothing else with very high poverty rate there

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2022
PrincessAA:
forget about all these things they are claiming nonsense on Nairaland, people like Islandlady, Jennyclay, Sweetplum, they are fucking dirty, they are just pretending. I can feel it , I can perceive them. It's a pity cry
Mad man don pack your pant and boxers on werey
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwekereNdoki: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2022
DennisEche:
Add ABIA STATE

Have u been to Umuahia before or you are just being dumb?

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwekereNdoki: 11:52am On Dec 20, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:

The only reason for your opinion is because you are from Abia, whose capital is competing with Lokoja.
Abia is the only state I've every passed through its state house and it's having a very very bad road, I gave up when I heard the govt house is rented.

Stop lying oga...

No bad road leading to govt house.

Also Abia is building their govt house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y3___I-SAA

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by DennisEche(m): 11:55am On Dec 20, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

Have u been to Umuahia before or you are just being dumb?
With rented Government House and State House of assembly. What is in Umuahia. Go to Abakaliki and See what Gov Umahi has done and stop been a dunce.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 20, 2022
naijapage:
come to AWKA
Awka is a relatively new town. Yet, unless you haven’t being to Locoja, Awka is way better than it.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by mabea: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2022
DenreleDave:
no wonder you are saying rubbish.. u r from abia state... the worst state in igbo land grin grin grin

worst recongnizes worst grin grin
Yet you have never been to Abia State
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwekereNdoki: 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
DennisEche:

With rented Government House and State House of assembly. What is in Umuahia. Go to Abakaliki and See what Gov Umahi has done and stop been a dunce.

U are the dunce one here.

ABia is building their own govt house. Weda they rented in the past or not is inconsequetial now as gar as they are building to stop renting

BTW< Abakiliki and Umuahia is the youngest and lest developed capital in SE, but they are better than more than 10 state capitals

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by DenreleDave(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
God forbid i go to such 4 bi den eastern state grin grin grin
mabea:
Yet you have never been to Abia State
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by syntekelite(m): 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2022
adecz:
undecidedThe problem with Kogi State is
that it is controlled by two of the most
wicked, fetish, hostile and unprogressive
tribes in Nigeria, which is the Igala & Ebira.

What they specialize in doing, day in
day out is usingwitchcraft and voodoo to target and disable real or imagined enemies.
The motor accident or spiritual attacks is
one of their favorite methods.

A sitting governor was victim of accident
several times & another elected governor
died on the day his electoral victory was
to be announced.❗️❗️❗️

Historically, Lokoja was the initially chosen
location for the capital of northern Nigeria,
but, oyibo changed mind because they
sensed the indigene's character. Note that
the first school in northern Nigeria was
sited there.

Lol.. u know them wella.. i wish all those nairaland atheists go go there go dey shout juju no exist,dem go use dem test local technology .. but their girls fine sha except say once them love na till death ohhh..

4 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by kelmicheal: 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2022
Masquerade spirit is really hindering the progress of the state.

Most of the indigenous people has ran away to other states looking for greener pastures.
This state is blessed with natural resources and supposed to be a tourist site they have hills and mountains and the weather conditions so cold most expecially at night
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Robenna(m): 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
Qatar2022:

Ahswearrigod

Bro Abia is worse than that capital Lokoja
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by DennisEche(m): 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

U are the dunce one here.

ABia is building their own govt house. Weda they rented in the past or not is inconsequetial now as gar as they are building to stop renting

BTW< Abakiliki and Umuahia is the youngest and lest developed capital in SE, but they are better than more than 10 state capitals
Shame on you, for how long and how many years. When was Abia State created, tell me which state in Nigeria stays in a rented Government house? shey you no get shame. When next is Ikpeazu sharing Kerosene and giving 500 Naira to women who gave birth. Start weeping if you are from Abia State
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by ShenTeh(m): 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
Omihanifa:
When we talk about the worst state capital in nigeria, just give to to minna or lokoja. The two states are still far behind

Minna own worse pass.

This is despite having 2 former presidents from that same capital.

For those who think by voting your tribes man your fortunes automatically become better, take note.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwekereNdoki: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
DennisEche:

Shame on you, for how long and how many years. When was Abia State created, tell me which state in Nigeria stays in a rented Government house? shey you no get shame. When next is Ikpeazu sharing Kerosene and giving 500 Naira to women who gave birth. Start weeping if you are from Abia State

Oga shut up stop shifting post.

U said Lokoja is better than Umuahia and I am telling u something else u are now talking about another thing entirely.

Only mumu people dey believe say Ikpeaszu share kerosene. I know ur kind and I don't even waste time on your lots.

I am sure ABia is more developed and organized than ur state if you will be bold enough to mention ur state\

DOes your state even do free delivery in PHC? DO the give free baby packs? Is it onlly the N500 you heard?

It is not by ranting show me your state capital.

1st Pics is ABa,
2nd Pics is an old pics of Umuahia. I am sure it is better than this now

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwekereNdoki: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
Robenna:

Ahswearrigod

Bro Abia is worse than that capital Lokoja

Mumu wey never reach ABia before don talk
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by adecz: 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
syntekelite:

✌️✌️✌️✌️
Lol.. u know them wella.. i wish all those nairaland atheists go go there go dey shout juju no exist,dem go use dem test local technology .. but their girls fine sha except say once them love na till death ohhh..
✌️✌️✌️✌️

They will go to any length to
stop you leaving them ☺️☺️☺️
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by nony43(m): 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
DenreleDave:
no wonder you are saying rubbish.. u r from abia state... the worst state in igbo land grin grin grin

worst recongnizes worst grin grin

Abia is the worst in Igbo land but far from the worst in Nigeria.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwekereNdoki: 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
DennisEche:

And for your info, ABia State government hous is not on rent. It was bought from an individual, not rented
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Robenna(m): 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

Mumu wey never reach ABia before don talk

Foolish man wey no even ask me where I reside

I'm at Ariaria currently your sepulchre
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwekereNdoki: 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
Robenna:

Foolish man wey no even ask me where I reside

I'm at Ariaria currently your sepulchre

Oya snap one place send if e sure for u
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by MuslimMuslim: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
babasolution:

Give reasons why it's the worst
It has only one road
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Niwdog(m): 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
Nsukka as a village in Enugu state is better than kogi capital
FACT
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
adecz:
undecidedThe problem with Kogi State is
that it is controlled by two of the most
wicked, fetish, hostile and unprogressive
tribes in Nigeria, which is the Igala & Ebira.

What they specialize in doing, day in
day out is usingwitchcraft and voodoo to target and disable real or imagined enemies.
The motor accident or spiritual attacks is
one of their favorite methods.

A sitting governor was victim of accident
several times & another elected governor
died on the day his electoral victory was
to be announced.❗️❗️❗️

Historically, Lokoja was the initially chosen
location for the capital of northern Nigeria,
but, oyibo changed mind because they
sensed the indigene's character. Note that
the first school in northern Nigeria was
sited there.
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by DissTroy(m): 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
Qatar2022:

Umuahia is a shithole. I felt disgusted all through when I visited for two days. In conversation about state capitals or functioning states, Abia State should never come up.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
babasolution:
Have seen several threads and comments were lokoja is described as the worst capital in Nigeria and the most underdeveloped.

But is this really true given the situation of kogi.

Kogi state is composed of minority tribes who do not have strong representatives at the federal. How many strong kogi ministers have there been since 1999.

The federal investments in kogi such as the ajoakuta steel are moribund.The state investments like the dangote cement factory are doing relatively well but it's not enough.

Kogi population is relatively low with different tribes who stay more in their localities than in the capital, that's why I think lokoja is small.

Most kogi people either reside in Abuja or in their hometowns not in lokoja.

Have been in kogi before like over ten years back,I think the state is cool and quite organised. It just needs work on the roads which are particularly bad and clean up.

Lokoja is not bad as people paint it,most people that travel through lokoja only see the outskirts and assume that's how the whole town is.

Lokoja is a small town but not as bad as painted given the situation of the state itself
most wealthy igbo men and women residing outside igbo land doesn't make igbo land less developed . If an igbo man built a mansion in lagos or Abuja expect him to replicate that fit in his ancestry village.... igbo Amaka

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2022
Qatar2022:
attachment is abiriba a village in abia state... not even aba or Umuahia the capital ... I dare you to show me ur village ... lagos is not ur village omo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Godswill Akpabio At Calabar Carnival / Jonathan Doled Out N100bn, $295m Cash In Two Weeks – Osinbajo / 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.