Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,128 members, 7,829,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? (33516 Views)

Which City Is The Best And Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary / Empty Stadium Greeted PDP Mega Rally At Lokoja - Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

Stop lying oga...

No bad road leading to govt house.

Also Abia is building their govt house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y3___I-SAA

I'm not talking about now bros. It's about 10yrs now
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by babasolution: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
peterbello:

I live there. Though have been in Minna for the past 3 weeks. The second picture now has a flyover at that location. Lokoja has no space to lay a road that wide like in the third picture.

Give your accurate accessment of lokoja as a city
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by GreatrAnalyst: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
Moh247:
smiley

Bad governance is the issue with Kogi

Kogi is arguably one of the richest NorthCentral state, they have most mineral resources in aboundance.

Agriculture is also great there.

For Kogi to get things right, Solid minerals must be removed from FG Exclusive list and mining should strictly be local while tax are paid to FG, locals mine Gem stones and sell it so cheaply since they don't want FG taking over

Ajaokuta alone is enough to sustain Nigerian steel production if coal plant are permitted and Warri-Itakpe - Ajaokuta Rail is used for Cargo

On Agriculture comparative advantage for them is Rice, Yam and fish farming due to nearness to river Niger

And their best of all the best means of revenue is tourism leveraging on very lovely scenery, but to develop that they need infrastructure

Confirmed!

I have this before from a very reliable source.
Kogi state has the most mineral resources in Nigeria. And still counting.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by OVB123: 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
foxxydude:
Benin city is the dirtiest state capital in Nigeria
You are sick.... Dirty yes but dirties NO.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by OVB123: 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
adecz:
undecidedThe problem with Kogi State is
that it is controlled by two of the most
wicked, fetish, hostile and unprogressive
tribes in Nigeria, which is the Igala & Ebira.

What they specialize in doing, day in
day out is usingwitchcraft and voodoo to target and disable real or imagined enemies.
The motor accident or spiritual attacks is
one of their favorite methods.

A sitting governor was victim of accident
several times & another elected governor
died on the day his electoral victory was
to be announced.❗️❗️❗️

Historically, Lokoja was the initially chosen
location for the capital of northern Nigeria,
but, oyibo changed mind because they
sensed the indigene's character. Note that
the first school in northern Nigeria was
sited there.
You are very correct expecially egbirra. God forbid bad thing.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by odinga1of: 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
adecz:
undecidedThe problem with Kogi State is
that it is controlled by two of the most
wicked, fetish, hostile and unprogressive
tribes in Nigeria, which is the Igala & Ebira.

What they specialize in doing, day in
day out is usingwitchcraft and voodoo to target and disable real or imagined enemies.
The motor accident or spiritual attacks is
one of their favorite methods.

A sitting governor was victim of accident
several times & another elected governor
died on the day his electoral victory was
to be announced.❗️❗️❗️

Historically, Lokoja was the initially chosen
location for the capital of northern Nigeria,
but, oyibo changed mind because they
sensed the indigene's character. Note that
the first school in northern Nigeria was
sited there.

shocked shocked God bless u for this comment! They are wicked, devilish and fetish.
They are much in Warri (Igala/Evita) one of the slapped me and his brother was literally begging. I still see him around My area. The day of Reckoning is coming.

Very useless set of people.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by XerXerz: 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Umuahia is the worst state capital in Nigeria. Stop deceiving yourself

NwekereNdoki:

How is Abia the worst state or your head dey pain u??

THis is ABa.

Only Umuahia is better than more than 10 capitals
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwekereNdoki: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:

I'm not talking about now bros. It's about 10yrs now

Na wa oh
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Owerriboi: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by peterbello(m): 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
babasolution:

Give your accurate accessment of lokoja as a city

You nailed it with your post. You were even mild. I would rate it worse than you did. The place got potentials but wrong policy makers.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by odinga1of: 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
adecz:

☺️☺️☺️ An Ebira from Adavi LGA sighted❗️❗️

Bro stop replying that Evita/Igala man. They are wicked, hostile and fetish. Hence he is attacking u.

Most of them don't like residing in the State of Origin due to voodoo and hot afternoon craftiness

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by XerXerz: 2:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
Omihanifa:
When we talk about the worst state capital in nigeria, just give to to minna or lokoja. The two states are still far behind

Umuahia is more or less a rural area. It is not supposed to be a state capital. Even the government house is in a rented apartment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjkE78U8Mzc

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Yankee101: 3:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
bularuz:

Is the minister for the state alone.

A minister died in a car crash and wasn’t replaced for years
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by DennisEche(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

And for your info, ABia State government hous is not on rent. It was bought from an individual, not rented
bloody Liar,

30 years after, Abia govt house still in 'rented' quarters ...

https://dailytrust.com/30-years-after-abia-govt-house-still-in-rented-quarters/

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by DOM7: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
Due to its small nature it suppose to be the most glamorous and considering it's closeness with Abuja and a major link to many states.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by foxxydude: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
OVB123:
You are sick.... Dirty yes but dirties NO.

Dead person calling another sick grin
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by mabea: 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
DenreleDave:
God forbid i go to such 4 bi den eastern state grin grin grin
Then you are not in any position to talk about developments in Abia State
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Belleful: 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lokoja too far, Lokoja too far is the one music we use to sing back in the days. And that is all I know about lokoja growing up and thinking it's faraway like after Kano and sokoto. Not until I travel to Abuja and pass through lokoja before getting to Abuja. I was like, no be lokoja wen Dem say he too far be this? Though it's been long I pass there, but true is, it's no different from other state capitals apart from the houses.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by adecz: 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
odinga1of:

Bro stop replying that Evita/Igala man. They are wicked, hostile and fetish. Hence he is attacking u.

Most of them don't like residing in the State of Origin due to voodoo and hot afternoon craftiness

You have stated nothing but the fact ☑️✔️☑️
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 4:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
Moh247:
smiley

Bad governance is the issue with Kogi

Kogi is arguably one of the richest NorthCentral state, they have most mineral resources in aboundance.

Agriculture is also great there.

For Kogi to get things right, Solid minerals must be removed from FG Exclusive list and mining should strictly be local while tax are paid to FG, locals mine Gem stones and sell it so cheaply since they don't want FG taking over
why must it be removed
get a licence and start digging instead of blaming fed

Ajaokuta alone is enough to sustain Nigerian steel production if coal plant are permitted and Warri-Itakpe - Ajaokuta Rail is used for Cargo
request for concession fand run it if e sure for una

On Agriculture comparative advantage for them is Rice, Yam and fish farming due to nearness to river Niger
is this one too on exclusive list?
abi you dont know where to buy tractor?
And their best of all the best means of revenue is tourism leveraging on very lovely scenery, but to develop that they need infrastructure

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Osariemen12: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2022
foxxydude:

Your mama t*to.

Can't you Yoruba people hide your cat faces in shame? After Lokoja, Ado Ekiti is the next bad state capital in Nigeria.

Ozuor!

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Drbarmes(m): 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
Omihanifa:
When we talk about the worst state capital in nigeria, just give to to minna or lokoja. The two states are still far behind
Have u heard of Jalingo?
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Tonytonex(m): 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
Yes, it is.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by foxxydude: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
Osariemen12:

Your mama t*to.

Can't you Yoruba people hide your cat faces in shame? After Lokoja, Ado Ekiti is the next bad state capital in Nigeria.

Ozuor!

Leave toto out of this grin let's face the isaue
Is Benin.city clean or not?

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Qatar2022: 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2022
daberechi8:
Shut up Afonja miscreant sad
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Qatar2022: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
daberechi8:
Shut up Afonja miscreant sad
So anyone that says the truth in this forum is Yoruba.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Osariemen12: 5:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
foxxydude:

Leave toto out of this grin let's face the isaue
Is Benin.city clean or not?

If you care to know, there are two cities in the whole world: New York City and Benin City. None of them is dirty. Both stand tall in league of cosmopolitan geographical locations.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by MrEverest(m): 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
Osanoghodua1:
Lokoja is a village. I slept there twice while making research on Bitcoin mining machine. Adams Kolo area and later the army barrack area. I can't stay there, it's just a retarded State without good governance. The people are wonderful, hospitable but the condition of the land is unpleasant. Let God arise for Kogi.

Lol, it's not Adams Kolo but Adankolo new layout. I once lived in Lokoja during my NYSC over a decade ago and it was a mess then. From Ganaja junction to Felele through Ibrahim Taiwo road was a dungeon filled with smelly hoods, dirty houses, putrid gutters, and suffering residents. Then it was no doubt the worst capital in Nigeria, maybe still is.

Most of their rich men have all ran away to Abuja. I think only Tunde Ogbeha built a hotel and a radio station then. The city is also very hot and humid, in some months of the year, you can't literally sleep indoors except you have your AC powered on or a strong fan blowing at highest capacity.

I told myself I won't stay a day after POP even if I were to be given a job.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by babtoundey(m): 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lokoja is not as baf as pictured. I served in Lokoja. Lokoja is a very peaceful town. That aside, it's organized and relatively clean.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by DatNaijaGuy: 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
foxxydude:

That's not true.
Be truthful to yourself.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by NwekereNdoki: 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
DennisEche:

bloody Liar,

30 years after, Abia govt house still in 'rented' quarters ...

https://dailytrust.com/30-years-after-abia-govt-house-still-in-rented-quarters/

The commissioner of info has debunked that already

https://www.newsecho.com.ng/news/retrospect-abia-govt-house-not-on-rent-information-commissioner/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2015: Bauchi PDP Chieftain Campaigns For Buhari / Mansur Ali Emerge As Winner Of Kastina Bye Election / Anambra Election: Niger Bridge Blocked (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.