Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,977 members, 7,828,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? (33511 Views)

Which City Is The Best And Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary / Empty Stadium Greeted PDP Mega Rally At Lokoja - Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Benitoh: 10:25am On Dec 20, 2022
TUTU147:
Sure but that of Kogi state is alarming,apart from kabba and bassa that are little friendly and accomodating, other tribes in kogi are very hostile and wicked.They wickedness is not only strangers,but also to their people.
Seems like you've lived in ebiraland before. If you're a visitor or a stranger, just mind your business and stay indoor whenever they start fighting and shooting

Ojogu and ojô omoye really burnt houses and killed themselves that year, the memory and the ugly pictures are still fresh in my mind.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by deavicky(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2022
FarahAideed:
No state capital is fine in Nigeria if we are to say the truth
but some are better than others I had not been to the North that much but from the few places if have been in the country, kogi state capital seems most under developed capital.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by SocialJustice: 10:29am On Dec 20, 2022
babasolution:
Have seen several threads and comments were lokoja is described as the worst capital in Nigeria and the most underdeveloped.

But is this really true given the situation of kogi.

Kogi state is composed of minority tribes who do not have strong representatives at the federal. How many strong kogi ministers have there been since 1999.

The federal investments in kogi such as the ajoakuta steel are moribund.The state investments like the dangote cement factory are doing relatively well but it's not enough.

Kogi population is relatively low with different tribes who stay more in their localities than in the capital, that's why I think lokoja is small.

Most kogi people either reside in Abuja or in their hometowns not in lokoja.

Have been in kogi before like over ten years back,I think the state is cool and quite organised. It just needs work on the roads which are particularly bad and clean up.

Lokoja is not bad as people paint it,most people that travel through lokoja only see the outskirts and assume that's how the whole town is.

Lokoja is a small town but not as bad as painted given the situation of the state itself
That is why we need Peter Obi. A leader that does not play by politics but understands what needs to be done. Kogi should contain super highways and junctions that connects Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Orch1981: 10:32am On Dec 20, 2022
Deegee7788:
Make we no lie, lokoja worse. I am an indigene but I stay outside the state because there is nothing for the youth there. The weather is harsh. Economy is poor. Gbogbo e, rubbish. We pray for a good leader. Kogi is having same problem Nigeria have.
And if the good leader is not Peter obi then you are in for a long thing
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by aylipple: 10:32am On Dec 20, 2022
babasolution:
Have seen several threads and comments were lokoja is described as the worst capital in Nigeria and the most underdeveloped.

But is this really true given the situation of kogi.

Kogi state is composed of minority tribes who do not have strong representatives at the federal. How many strong kogi ministers have there been since 1999.

The federal investments in kogi such as the ajoakuta steel are moribund.The state investments like the dangote cement factory are doing relatively well but it's not enough.

Kogi population is relatively low with different tribes who stay more in their localities than in the capital, that's why I think lokoja is small.

Most kogi people either reside in Abuja or in their hometowns not in lokoja.

Have been in kogi before like over ten years back,I think the state is cool and quite organised. It just needs work on the roads which are particularly bad and clean up.

Lokoja is not bad as people paint it,most people that travel through lokoja only see the outskirts and assume that's how the whole town is.

Lokoja is a small town but not as bad as painted given the situation of the state itself

The bolded isn't entirely true. Have you forgotten Eyitayo Lambo or Bayo Ojo (SAN)? These men durinh their times in the FEC were powerful ministers, occupied juicy ministries & had the then President's ears.

For National Assembly, men like Tunde Ogbeha, Dino Melaye & Smart Adeyemi by all means were not push overs in the Senate.

There are others too numerous to mention.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Whobedatte(m): 10:37am On Dec 20, 2022
Omihanifa:
When we talk about the worst state capital in nigeria, just give to to minna or lokoja. The two states are still far behind
Minna
Lokoja
Sokoto
Big names with nothing to show for it
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Demigod22: 10:38am On Dec 20, 2022
Moh247:

They have not gotten executive powers before, so it's a possibility they might want to impress other tribe for a re-election

Igala and Ibira already have the numbers and don't need to impress anyone to get votes

Let James Faleke help Tinubu develop the Lagos he has been representating at the national assembly first. He is not different from other worst politicians in Kogi.

1 Like

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Moh247: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2022
Demigod22:

Let James Faleke help Tinubu develop the Lagos he has been representating at the national assembly first. He is not different from other worst politicians in Kogi.

Has he ever ruled anyone in Kogi before?!

The Constituency he represent in Lagos is far ahead of anywhere in Kogi, Anambra or Adamawa
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Osupig: 10:41am On Dec 20, 2022
Those pictures you attached really validate your point of being in lokoja 10 years back, come to lokoja now and see the wonders His excellency governor Yahaya Bello is performing

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Oloruntobi4382(m): 10:42am On Dec 20, 2022
Ojusegunola:
Op,prof Eyitayo Lambo,former minister for health is from kogi,Kola jamodu former minister for industry is from kogi,Bayo ojo(SAN)Former NBA chairman and former minster for justice is from kogi,Justice Adoke,former minster for justice is from kogi,General jemibewon,former minister for police affairs is from kogi,Popular senator smart Adeyemi is from kogi,Dino melaye is from kogi.IF THE STATE ISNT DEVELOPED BLAME IT ON THE LIKES,kogi has fair share of Ifs federal representation.Dont forget to blame YAHAYA BELLO too.

Most of the people you mentioned are Okun people. What can the average Okun man do in Kogi?
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by 8stargeneral: 10:43am On Dec 20, 2022
babasolution:

You passed you didn't stay,you might have had very limited view of the outskirts
Nothing to view
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Demigod22: 10:43am On Dec 20, 2022
I am from Kogi State but I have never stayed there. So when I was younger, I have this obsession with settling down in lokoja. Until I got admission and spent four years schooling in Kogi State, I realized how damaged my State is. An eighth years former governor is from my local government still the entire local government don't have electricity for the past ten years.

Kogi State have lost it in terms of development, economic growth and intelligent politicians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Orch1981: 10:45am On Dec 20, 2022
LILTJAY:
just to buy land and build wetin you like...
no building codes and zoning laws..
useless country
Bro off mic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by SeeItSayIt: 10:46am On Dec 20, 2022
YES! It is
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by PrincessAA(f): 10:46am On Dec 20, 2022
daberechi8:
Yoruba is the most dirtiest Tribe in the history of Nigeria. O boy, these people are dirty to the core. I cannot even eat with them, I'll vomit right away. They don't wash their clothes well, they don't take their bath Wella. I can't even stay beside their women. Pukes sad
forget about all these things they are claiming nonsense on Nairaland, people like Islandlady, Jennyclay, Sweetplum, they are fucking dirty, they are just pretending. I can feel it , I can perceive them. It's a pity cry

3 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by peterbello(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2022
Omihanifa:
When we talk about the worst state capital in nigeria, just give to to minna or lokoja. The two states are still far behind

For you calling Minna shows you know nothing about what you are saying. How can you compare Minna with Lokoja? That's insulting. In terms of every good thing, Minna is way better than Lokoja. Before you say anything, I am a Kogite and I know the nook and crannies of both capitals.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by babasolution: 10:47am On Dec 20, 2022
aylipple:

The bolded isn't entirely true. Have you forgotten Eyitayo Lambo or Bayo Ojo (SAN)? These men durinh their times in the FEC were powerful ministers, occupied juicy ministries & had the then President's ears.

For National Assembly, men like Tunde Ogbeha, Dino Melaye & Smart Adeyemi by all means were not push overs in the Senate.

There are others too numerous to mention.

These guys are all okun who do not have strong influence in kogi yet,they are restricted to kogi West also they were ministry of health and justice which are not strong for infrastructure like works,power,Agriculture etc
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Orch1981: 10:49am On Dec 20, 2022
Moh247:

Has he ever ruled anyone in Kogi before?!

The Constituency he represent in Lagos is far ahead of anywhere in Kogi, Anambra or Adamawa
Anambra kill you there have been to anambra your dirty useless stats can't be compare to anambra
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by daberechi8(f): 10:50am On Dec 20, 2022
PrincessAA:
forget about all these things they are claiming nonsense on Nairaland, people like Islandlady, Jennyclay, Sweetplum, they are fucking dirty, they are just pretending. I can feel it , I can perceive them. It's a pity cry
You know them better than I, right.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by peterbello(m): 10:51am On Dec 20, 2022
Osupig:
Those pictures you attached really validate your point of being in lokoja 10 years back, come to lokoja now and see the wonders His excellency governor Yahaya Bello is performing

Rubbish, compared to other states. That third picture is not Lokoja.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by foxxydude: 10:54am On Dec 20, 2022
ictplotter:

There are two cities in the world that is,
BENIN CITY
NEW YORK CITY
Any other city are counterfeit and unknown.

Benin City beer palor gist grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by babasolution: 10:54am On Dec 20, 2022
peterbello:

Rubbish, compared to other states. That third picture is not Lokoja.

Are you in lokoja presently ?
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by PrincessAA(f): 10:54am On Dec 20, 2022
daberechi8:
You know them better than I, right.
Of course, ideology varies anyways undecided
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by daberechi8(f): 10:58am On Dec 20, 2022
PrincessAA:
Of course, ideology varies anyways undecided
whatever sad
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by RestructureNig4: 10:59am On Dec 20, 2022
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dzzspw4yx4znoic/AADLsIA3k8_-xDCIwVVijBnia/Beauty%20box/GIF%20XXX?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

Filesm gif
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Enemyofpeace: 11:00am On Dec 20, 2022
Lokoja babes no too dey bath

Me : as a lawyer, I know my client
Is guilty of stealing goat but my Lord
You need to taste the pepper soup
��
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Emarvel(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
I agree

Very dirty and anyhow topography
When Obaseki leaves office, Edo state capital Benin city, will complete as one of the worst and most dirtiest capital in Nigeria
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Sheriman(m): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2022
If your state capital is not developed to present modern 21st century standard hold your Governors responsible
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by noskcid(m): 11:16am On Dec 20, 2022
Upgraded ajegunle
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by sageb: 11:16am On Dec 20, 2022
adecz:
undecidedThe problem with Kogi State is
that it is controlled by two of the most
wicked, fetish, hostile and unprogressive
tribes in Nigeria, which is the Igala & Ebira.

What they specialize in doing, day in
day out is usingwitchcraft and voodoo to target and disable real or imagined enemies.
The motor accident or spiritual attacks is
one of their favorite methods.

A sitting governor was victim of accident
several times & another elected governor
died on the day his electoral victory was
to be announced.❗️❗️❗️

Historically, Lokoja was the initially chosen
location for the capital of northern Nigeria,
but, oyibo changed mind because they
sensed the indigene's character. Note that
the first school in northern Nigeria was
sited there.

I have heard a similar story like yours in the past.
Igala and Ebira voodo/Juju is feared by others.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by peterbello(m): 11:17am On Dec 20, 2022
babasolution:

Are you in lokoja presently ?

I live there. Though have been in Minna for the past 3 weeks. The second picture now has a flyover at that location. Lokoja has no space to lay a road that wide like in the third picture.
Re: Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by onlinestaff2020: 11:26am On Dec 20, 2022
Kogi is certainly a dirty place... Nothing is there at all...The place is as dry as a wilderness.

The last time I passed through Kogi, our vehicle broke down as a result of the bad roads and traffic jam and I slept on a table in a church by the road side.

That state is very dirty, retrogressive, wicked, demonic and stinkingly filled with a lot of head slammers.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: President Jonathan And Wife At Their Polling Unit In Bayelsa / What Lai Mohammed Said About Yaradua When He Was Sick / "It's Not Over" - Atiku Reacts As Supreme Court Dismisses Adeleke's Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.