Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion (3864 Views)

Science Is More Reliable Than Religion / Humanity Is Greater Than Religion / Always Trust In God (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by KnownUnknown: 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2022
Workch:
for how uninformed they were back then

That doesn’t compute at all. No one uses “goat herder” as a metaphor for uninformed people. A metaphor such as “having cold feet” can be, and is ,used in various situations but I’ve never seen anyone use goat herder outside of slurring the Bible authors.
Any astronomical or geographical errors made by the authors are still made by people today and no one calls these people “goat herders”. Hell, you haven’t referred to Aemmyjah as “goat herder” despite him being uninformed.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Amd you believe the designs of this universe has no designer
That something (like our universe) came from nothing

Look at the image below. What is the chance or probability that that thing (though not a living frog) could appear in a bush just like that
more and more teleological fallacy. Because it looks designed doesn't mean it was designed
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2022
KnownUnknown:

That doesn’t compute at all. No one uses “goat herder” as a metaphor for uninformed people. A metaphor such as “having cold feet” can be, and is ,used in various situations but I’ve never seen anyone use goat herder outside of slurring the Bible authors.
Any astronomical or geographical errors made by the authors are still made by people today and no one calls these people “goat herders”. Hell, you haven’t referred to Aemmyjah as “goat herder” despite him being uninformed.
What are arguing all about?
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2022
Workch:
more and more teleological fallacy. Because it looks designed doesn't mean it was designed

You're free to accept any philosophy you WANT to to support your view
It's up to you
Rock your boat

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Where did I describe the bible as a scientific guide?
Who presented the fact that the Bible explained rain and shape of Earth, and went ahead to say the Bible is ahead of scientists?

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

You're free to accept any philosophy you WANT to to support your view
It's up to you
Rock your boat
learn to make logical arguments without fallacies. It's why I won't take you seriously
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2022
Workch:
learn to make logical arguments without fallacies. It's why I won't take you seriously

Nonsense
Not with someone with a very biased mind like you!
Go and follow stupid fallacies
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2022
jaephoenix:

Who presented the fact that the Bible explained rain and shape of Earth, and went ahead to say the Bible is ahead of scientists?

Show me where I said the Bible is a scientific guide or you acknowledge that this is another of your stupid lies
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Nonsense
Not with someone with a very biased mind like you!
Go and follow stupid fallacies
what's bias?
Have you provided any evidence that is not fallacious?
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
Workch:
what's bias?
Have you provided any evidence that is not fallacious?

Baby boy, you have right to accept what you WANT to believe right? Accept your claim

When you go to a beach and see a bench. You know someone put it there. That bench is the effect of what cause? That someone kept it there. I'm not sure if there is any fallacy that can overrule that claim so that you may believe the bench just appeared by itself
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Baby boy, you have right to accept what you WANT to believe right? Accept your claim

When you go to a beach and see a bench. You know someone put it there. That bench is the effect of what cause? That someone kept it there. I'm not sure if there is any fallacy that can overrule that claim so that you may believe the bench just appeared by itself
Why are you still committing the fallacy
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2022
Workch:
Why are you still committing the fallacy
Theists have no idea what fallacies are. Isn't that their bane?

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2022
jaephoenix:

Theists have no idea what fallacies are. Isn't that their bane?

FALLACY!

fallacy (plural fallacies)

Deceptive or false appearance; that which misleads the eye or the mind.
Synonyms: deception, deceitfulness

An argument, or apparent argument, which professes to be decisive of the matter at issue, while in reality it is not. A specious argument.
~ Oxford Dictionary

ATHEISTS claims they're free from deception in religion but they're cooking up FALLACIES in the name of EVOLUTION just to replace what religion thought them. Instead of investigating further to know the difference between false and true religion they want to write off all religions but by the end of the day they produced sadists who will become famous and commit suicide after removing GOD totally in his/her brain! smiley

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by triplechoice(m): 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

My enemy, you changed post after I gave you your words which is proof you have nothing to say. Your attempt to reargue is just a waste of your time.

You're your own enemy because you lie to yourself all the time.

None of my words is proof of what you're imagining. It's your own jaundiced interpretation which no one else has accepted.

I think wasted my time dragging that with you. I should have known that you can't comprehend simple statements made by anyone.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by bobestman(m): 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2022
Both of them are bag of shit. Their mother is spirituality for man is not commanded to be religious or trust in science but to be spiritual, righteous and fear his creator. For in doing so he acquires the knowledge and wisdom to create things you claim science does. Man was to be a co-creator on earth and spirituality helps him activate that power within. Everytn created by man today were once his thougts b4 they became what you see today. So the credit doesnt go to science but the creator of man and the force within him that gives him that knowledge. Also those you call science could be christians, muslims, traditionalists etc so the credits goes to the creator of man and the force in him. Also their are positive and negative spirituality. Those who creates things that pleases the creator and those who do otherwise. The later is controled by the god of the world. So all athiests who dont believe in the creator of all things worship the god of the world or science
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by triplechoice(m): 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ there's nothing the earth lack if nobody travel to the moon.
So back to the OP drugs can't work without the user's belief in the physician's prescriptions! smiley

It's obvious you don't even understand anything in the op.

It's not about relying on those who practice medicine, Doctors, but on the effectiveness of their practice itself.

You're conflating the two as one in order to confuse people.

Your belief or trust in any doctor ,who is attending to you, is not what's going to make the drugs they prescribe work for you. Even a child in primary school should know this, but you, with your age and experience says no?

If drugs can't work, as you have declared, without the user's belief in the physician, what then makes it to work for those who do self medication without any doctor's prescription?

Babies don't need to trust in physicians before vaccines can work for them, and that's if they even understand what is being given to them at that moment of their lifes

2 Likes

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2022
bobestman:
Both of them are bag of shit. Their mother is spirituality for man is not commanded to be religious or trust in science but to be spiritual, righteous and fear his creator. For in doing so he acquires the knowledge and wisdom to create things you claim science does. Man was to be a co-creator on earth and spirituality helps him activate that power within. Everytn created by man today were once his thougts b4 they became what you see today. So the credit doesnt go to science but the creator of man and the force within him that gives him that knowledge. Also those you call science could be christians, muslims, traditionalists etc so the credits goes to the creator of man and the force in him. Also their are positive and negative spirituality. Those who creates things that pleases the creator and those who do otherwise. The later is controled by the god of the world. So all athiests who dont believe in the creator of all things worship the god of the world or science
What utter bullshit
So who's the 'Creator?

2 Likes

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
triplechoice:

Your belief or trust in any doctor ,who is attending to you, is not what's going to make the drugs they prescribe work for you.

The same way blind belief will not make sound counsel work for you, you must PRACTICALLY apply divine counsel before you can get it's benefits.
That's where BELIEVE (TRUST) in God comes in because He knows better than you do just as the physician knows better than you regarding the drug prescribed.

Thank you! smiley
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by triplechoice(m): 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The same way blind belief will not make sound counsel work for you, you must PRACTICALLY apply divine counsel before you can get it's benefits.
That's where BELIEVE (TRUST) in God comes in because He knows better than you do just as the physician knows better than you regarding the drug prescribed.

Thank you! smiley

You have gone on another track.
With medications ,once it gets into your system, your body reacts to effect a cure without you doing anything of your own,. Your body chemistry reacts. That's all.

People who are unconscious are sometimes given injections which works, without them aware of what they have received during that period.

Why is it difficult for you understand something as simple as this.

You're trying to use your religious beliefs to interpret medical science, and that's where the problem lies for you.

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 2:34pm On Dec 24, 2022
triplechoice:

With medications ,once it gets into your system, your body reacts to effect a cure without you doing anything of your own,. Your body chemistry reacts. That's all.

People who are unconscious are sometimes given injections which works, without them aware of what they have received during that period.

You're trying to use your religious beliefs to interpret medical science, and that's where the problem lies for you.
For sake of your sanity, leave MadMax alone. What he's doing is a form of gaslighting. Nigga is catching cruise, he's not doing any religious interpretation. I have figured him out and I'm avoided him. But if you receive some certain joy in banging your head against a rock, please continue with him
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by triplechoice(m): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2022
jaephoenix:

For sake of your sanity, leave MadMax alone. What he's doing is a form of gaslighting. Nigga is catching cruise, he's not doing any religious interpretation. I have figured him out and I'm avoided him. But if you receive some certain joy in banging your head against a rock, please continue with him

My replies are not meant for him alone. They're so many others here who think and believe like him.

Offline I have them around me. When you try to explain to them what causes medicine to work, they would reject it with "forget it, without God medicine can't work"

I'm sure you're familiar with the statement, "Doctor's can only treat but it's God that heals"
If you visit any hospital owned by a church, that's the notice that welcomes people.

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2022
triplechoice:

You're your own enemy because you lie to yourself all the time.

None of my words is proof of what you're imagining. It's your own jaundiced interpretation which no one else has accepted.

I think wasted my time dragging that with you. I should have known that you can't comprehend simple statements made by anyone.

I told you, you wasted your time. Your words are clearly permanently stamped here and nothing you say can change it.

And your insulting me only proves it.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2022
triplechoice:

You only need to calm down so as to get the sense of what i'm saying.

The drug works in your system but you must BELIEVE (TRUST) the physician otherwise you either refuse to take in the drug or misuse it, either way you can't get the benefits! wink
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by triplechoice(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You only need to calm down so as to get the sense of what i'm saying.

The drug works in your system but you must BELIEVE (TRUST) the physician otherwise you either refuse to take in the drug or misuse it, either way you can't get the benefits! wink

For the last time, who is the physician for person who self medicate?

Modified. I noticed you just changed your position. You have argued all along that drugs can't work without trust or believe in the physician, now, you have suddenly turned around to accept that drugs works in the system, but one must trust in the physician to avoid misuse.

You're not stable, oga Maximus.

Cheers and have a happy holiday period.

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2022
triplechoice:

My replies are not meant for him alone. They're so many others here who think and believe like him.

Offline I have them around me. When you try to explain to them what causes medicine to work, they would reject it with "forget it, without God medicine can't work"

I'm sure you're familiar with the statement, "Doctor's can only treat but it's God that heals"
If you visit any hospital owned by a church, that's the notice that welcomes people.
As a physician, I get what you mean exactly. Lots of religious fruitcakes around here. Yesterday, a woman walked into my consulting room. I greeted her and asked her what was the complaint. Auntie tell me say Devil get hypertension. I asked her to repeat, she told me the same thing. I took a minute to process what she said. Finally figured out she's hypertensive and non complaint. Another one swore she wasn't hypertensive but her diastolic for 3 visits is nothing less than 120mmhg.
I can go on but you have to help the fruitcakes whether they like it or not. Its your duty.
About the "Doctor's can only treat but it's God that heals" bullshit, I tell the cretards, you should have stayed home and gotten your healing instead of bothering me. But here you are leaving the comfort of your home, driving through traffic, paying money and waiting in line to get treatment. Something that you could have gotten by just getting on your knees and complain to your skydaddy and in minutes youre good
So ignore MadMax and his bros here. Or at best reverse-psyche him too. 2 can play that game grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by triplechoice(m): 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2022
jaephoenix:

As a physician, I get what you mean exactly. Lots of religious fruitcakes around here. Yesterday, a woman walked into my consulting room. I greeted her and asked her what was the complaint. Auntie tell me say Devil get hypertension. I asked her to repeat, she told me the same thing. I took a minute to process what she said. Finally figured out she's hypertensive and non complaint. Another one swore she wasn't hypertensive but her diastolic for 3 visits is nothing less than 120mmhg.
I can go on but you have to help the fruitcakes whether they like it or not. Its your duty.
About the "Doctor's can only treat but it's God that heals" bullshit, I tell the cretards, you should have stayed home and gotten your healing instead of bothering me. But here you are leaving the comfort of your home, driving through traffic, paying money and waiting in line to get treatment. Something that you could have gotten by just getting on your knees and complain to your skydaddy and in minutes youre good
So ignore MadMax and his bros here. Or at best reverse-psyche him too. 2 can play that game grin

I just ignored him now. Thanks
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2022
triplechoice:

For the last time, who is the physician for person who self medicate?

Self medication? embarassed
Walahi talahi atheists no get shame! cheesy

So you decided to commit suicide shey?

But i will still help you!

Directives do come with all medicines so you must BELIEVE (TRUST) in the guidance otherwise you will not get the benefits! wink
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2022
triplechoice:

I just ignored him now. Thanks

Better do because i never mentioned you before you came to test your IQ! wink
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by bobestman(m): 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2022
jaephoenix:

What utter bullshit
So who's the 'Creator?
the one who made all things including you. The one by whose knowledge and spirit in man, he is able to create things when he thinks, meditates, visalize and acts on them
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 3:58pm On Dec 24, 2022
bobestman:
the one who made all things including you. The one by whose knowledge and spirit in man, he is able to create things when he thinks, meditates, visalize and acts on them

What is the need?
He is convinced that there is no Creator
He says he is an ape and a by product of the self processing of his first ancestor which is the bacteria
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2022
bobestman:

It's like telling a blind man that the sun is rising or setting
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 4:04pm On Dec 24, 2022
bobestman:
For the second time, whos this creator? I didn't ask what's this creator? In case you didn't complete kindergarten, I mean, what is his/her/their/its name?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Logicboy Was A Christian For 22 Years / Did Prayer Truely Cure's Hiv/aids / Pray For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.