Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion (3841 Views)

Science Is More Reliable Than Religion / Humanity Is Greater Than Religion / Always Trust In God (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 11:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
Workch:
evidence doesn't have to be science based.
You don't need science to show me evidence for a flying bird or a swimming fish.
Evidence is evidence and religious kind of evidence is always fraudulent that it's puts the testability out of reach of everyone because they know it's fraud

You pointed that the bible is just fiction
And I gave you something to consider if it is fiction or not?
The Bible description of the Earth hanging and without visible support is fraudulent right?

It's hard to imagine a ball or anything hanging in space, how much more our planet Earth. How did Job know?
His contemporaries said the Earth was hanging in some creatures or on some oceans or something else. They believed the Earth had some rigid support. If the Great Aristotle had read Job words, he would have laugh at it as stupid and unreasonable. So the Bible is no mere fiction. You too should consider the evidence for yourself and not what the internet tells you or because it suits your beliefs
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Buskynwa: 11:39pm On Dec 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you insult because you can not rebut and your rubbish logic has been bursted, Doctor

Only one physics because Lie and deceit too plenty.

That is why I don't say P.N Okeke here but Ababio C4 and modern biology A2.

Bros tbh you mumu ooo
Do make u born pikin so d mumu no go too much for them
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
Aemmyjah:

The Bible description of the Earth hanging and without visible support is fraudulent right?
Is it not only in fictions we see a talking snake and a virgin giving birth?
Common, these things never happen in real life. There's no evidence that such has ever happened.
How can sticks turn to snakes and back to sticks, are these not fictions that you cannot explain unless you take the testability out of the reach of everyone?

It's hard to imagine a ball or anything hanging in space, how much more our planet Earth. How did Job know?
this same Bible said this ball has a dome and that the sun can stop orbiting (inferring that the sun orbits the earth is even ridiculous). How can the sun standstill, does that make any sense?
His contemporaries said the Earth was hanging in some creatures or on some oceans or something else. They believed the Earth had some rigid support. If the Great Aristotle had read Job words, he would have laugh at it as stupid and unreasonable. So the Bible is no mere fiction. You too should consider the evidence for yourself and not what the internet tells you or because it suits your beliefs
bros, I can show you 10 Bible passages infarring that the earth is a ladn covered in a dome and that sub orbits the earth. Stop telling me small lies

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 11:46pm On Dec 22, 2022
Workch:
evidence doesn't have to be science based.
You don't need science to show me evidence for a flying bird or a swimming fish.
Evidence is evidence and religious kind of evidence is always fraudulent that it's puts the testability out of reach of everyone because they know it's fraud.

If the Bible says that Jesus was conceived by a virgin, how do you expect that I believe that just because your bible said it. Will that not be foolhardy knowing fully well that no virgin has ever been documented to conceive without a male gamete donor?

Why should we believe whatever your book got to say without requesting that you guys provide the evidence?

It was a miracle from God
Unlike you, I believe that a powerful God is behind the making of life and the design of the human system. It won't be a problem for him to transfer the life of his son into the womb of a Virgin
Today, we have surrogacy (I don't know everything about surrogacy so forgive me if I'm wrong) , we also have children that can be incubated. Science are doing things that people would not have imagined. Infact, people do not use the word IMPOSSIBLE to describe feats again. They use the word IMPROBABLE or PROBABLE

humans can communicate with fellow humans in space
Humans can fly from one end of the Earth to the other
We can go to the deepest part of the sea for exploration
We can see what is going on in another part of the world at the same time without any wired connection
We can see what is beyond the milky way galaxy

I'm in awe to think of what we can accomplish in the next 50 or 100 years regarding engineering, chemistry, astronomy, etc
Yet, man laugh at things recorded in the Bible cos he thinks he's more powerful than God. Man think that unless he himself can achieve something, God himself cannot do it... Man has tried to defy the natural with little or significant success. Because you see something defied like the issue of childbirth from a virgin, they scoff as if they have equal strength with the Creator
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 11:47pm On Dec 22, 2022
Workch:
Is it not only in fictions we see a talking snake and a virgin giving birth?
Common, these things never happen in real life. There's no evidence that such has ever happened.
How can sticks turn to snakes and back to sticks, are these not fictions that you cannot explain unless you take the testability out of the reach of everyone?

this same Bible said this ball has a dome and that the sun can stop orbiting (inferring that the sun orbits the earth is even ridiculous). How can the sun standstill, does that make any sense?
bros, I can show you 10 Bible passages infarring that the earth is a ladn covered in a dome and that sub orbits the earth. Stop telling me small lies

Show me where the Bible says that sun is orbiting
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 12:29am On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Show me where the Bible says that sun is orbiting
Joshua 10:

12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on[b] its enemies,

as it is written in the Book of Jashar.

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 12:31am On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

It was a miracle from God
Unlike you, I believe that a powerful God is behind the making of life and the design of the human system. It won't be a problem for him to transfer the life of his son into the womb of a Virgin
Today, we have surrogacy (I don't know everything about surrogacy so forgive me if I'm wrong) , we also have children that can be incubated. Science are doing things that people would not have imagined. Infact, people do not use the word IMPOSSIBLE to describe feats again. They use the word IMPROBABLE or PROBABLE
there's no evidence that miracles exist. That's what you don't get.
Miracles are made up craps by Christians.

Humans can communicate with fellow humans in space
Humans can fly from one end of the Earth to the other
We can go to the deepest part of the sea for exploration
We can see what is going on in another part of the world at the same time without any wired connection
We can see what is beyond the milky way galaxy
what's your point here?

I'm in awe to think of what we can accomplish in the next 50 or 100 years regarding engineering, chemistry, astronomy, etc
Yet, man laugh at things recorded in the Bible cos he thinks he's more powerful than God. Man think that unless he himself can achieve something, God himself cannot do it... Man has tried to defy the natural with little or significant success. Because you see something defied like the issue of childbirth from a virgin, they scoff as if they have equal strength with the Creator
What we can measure can be measured with facts and evidence.
A God and creator cannot.

That's the issue. It's all why religion is not to be trusted. They never provide evidence for anything. Religion will say 1000 things and will not drop 1 evidence for any of it.

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 1:24am On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

The bible is not a science book
But what it says regarding scientific matters is always ahead of time?
We know that scientific theories changes from time to time. What was fact 500 years ago can become obsolete theory today.
The bible says something regarding the position of the Earth about 3500 years ago. It says that the Earth is hanging on nothing or having no visible support. That was not the common view and you know what the great aristotle taught regarding that. Only in Newton's day was is established that the Earth is hanging by means of gravitational forces. How did Job know?
Actually, it is the opposite we see in the Bible. Its filled with geographical gaffes

Psalm 104:5
He established the earth upon its foundations,
So that it will not totter forever and ever

The Earth obviously has no foundations

1 Samuel 2:8
“He raises the poor from the dust,
He lifts the needy from the ash heap
To make them sit with nobles,
And inherit a seat of honor;
For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s,
And He set the world on them

… and the earth has no pillars, kind sire
Obviously your geography is as tattered as your biology.
Prolly you were in the kingdom hall when they were teaching the nice stuff.
Apologies grin
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 1:28am On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Awwwww. Poor you. Looks like I know the Bible verses better than you, bro
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 1:29am On Dec 23, 2022
Buskynwa:

Bros tbh you mumu ooo
Imagine if MadMax was a woman and he conceived with Dliespeaker. The offspring would be a benchmark for mental retardation of the highest order
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 2:32am On Dec 23, 2022
Workch:
you? A2, there's nothing like A2 in biology.

Go and look for ssce gradings in the 80s/90s. It was A1, A2, C3, C4, C5, P7 and then F9 can't precisely remember for since I took it over 30 years back, I have not looked upon it again.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 2:48am On Dec 23, 2022
Buskynwa:

Bros tbh you mumu ooo

See as e pain u die! grin so die painfully! grin
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 2:48am On Dec 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Go and look for ssce gradings in the 80s/90s. It was A1, A2, C3, C4, C5 then F9 van't precisely remember for since I took it over 30 years back, I have not looked upon it again.
you are more than 40 years old and you still reason this way?

Anyways, you must have attended a bad school since you are still very poor in biology, maybe a special centre helped you

2 Likes

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 2:54am On Dec 23, 2022
triplechoice:

You're never reasonable or logical in most of the things you say.

So why should anyone hate you for that. You deserve pity and not hatred

Look at it, even here you spoke rubbish and calling on me to "focus on you" and prove it, and I have shown you your own words and now you have again shifting post to insult me because you can not reasonably and truthfully answer me as always happens, so why would hate me?

You have nothing valid and reasonable to say you just want to insult me in your pain.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 2:55am On Dec 23, 2022
Workch:
you are more than 40 years old and you still reason this way?

Anyways, you must have attended a bad school since you are still very poor in biology, maybe a special centre helped you

When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by orisa37: 3:18am On Dec 23, 2022
SCIENCE IS A RELIGION OF FEELING, THINKING AND REASONING.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 7:26am On Dec 23, 2022
jaephoenix:

Awwwww. Poor you. Looks like I know the Bible verses better than you, bro

Mention one fulfilled prophecy in the Bible.
You don't know anything in the Bible
Go and read Darwin's nook
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 7:27am On Dec 23, 2022
jaephoenix:

Actually, it is the opposite we see in the Bible. Its filled with geographical gaffes

Psalm 104:5
He established the earth upon its foundations,
So that it will not totter forever and ever

The Earth obviously has no foundations

1 Samuel 2:8
“He raises the poor from the dust,
He lifts the needy from the ash heap
To make them sit with nobles,
And inherit a seat of honor;
For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s,
And He set the world on them

… and the earth has no pillars, kind sire
Obviously your geography is as tattered as your biology.
Prolly you were in the kingdom hall when they were teaching the nice stuff.
Apologies grin

Read this verses with understanding and not like a fool
Were you ever taught figures of speech?
You weren't
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 7:32am On Dec 23, 2022
Workch:
there's no evidence that miracles exist. That's what you don't get.
Miracles are made up craps by Christians.

what's your point here?

What we can measure can be measured with facts and evidence.
A God and creator cannot.

That's the issue. It's all why religion is not to be trusted. They never provide evidence for anything. Religion will say 1000 things and will not drop 1 evidence for any of it.

There were many things that people will have taught were impossible to do by humans but we now do so now
Humans are still learning about creation
We only know less than 1% about creation
Yet, mortal man thinks his small knowledge has made him wiser than the Creator himself
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 7:35am On Dec 23, 2022
Workch:
Joshua 10:

12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on[b] its enemies,

as it is written in the Book of Jashar.

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!

Joshua who wrote that verse just presented what he saw from his angle. He did not know or record how the phenomenon could have taken place.
Today too, we sometimes see notice strange phenomenon regarding the physical universe and we call or invite scientists or people with knowledge regarding that field to explain how that could have happened. Joshua just wrote what he saw. There are many factors that could have taken place for that incident to happen
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 8:13am On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Mention one fulfilled prophecy in the Bible.
You don't know anything in the Bible
Go and read Darwin's nook
You're asking me, an atheist to mention a fulfilled prophesy in the Bible? You think I haven't checked and came up empty? Why do you think I'm an atheist? By the way, isn't it your job as a 'true christian' to show me the light, instead of sending me on wild goose chases
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Read this verses with understanding and not like a fool
Were you ever taught figures of speech?
You weren't
Oh whoa. So we're now into figures of speech grin
So how did you know the verses it stated that the Earth was suspended weren't figures of speech grin
Theist Logic at its finest cheesy
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 8:37am On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

There were many things that people will have taught were impossible to do by humans but we now do so now
Yet, mortal man thinks his small knowledge has made him wiser than the Creator himself
So we know 1% about creation and somehow, you the theist know 100% about it?
Theist Logic at its finest grin
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 8:39am On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Joshua who wrote that verse just presented what he saw from his angle. He did not know or record how the phenomenon could have taken place.
Today too, we sometimes see notice strange phenomenon regarding the physical universe and we call or invite scientists or people with knowledge regarding that field to explain how that could have happened. Joshua just wrote what he saw. There are many factors that could have taken place for that incident to happen
I thought y'all said the Bible was divinely inspired. What stops the good Lord from explaining to Joshua some basic geography, since he himself explained geography to some guys in the bible, like the guys that talked about 'rain formation' and 'earth shape'
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by triplechoice(m): 9:26am On Dec 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Look at it, even here you spoke rubbish and calling on me to "focus on you" and prove it, and I have shown you your own words and now you have again shifting post to insult me because you can not reasonably and truthfully answer me as always happens, so why would hate me?

You have nothing valid and reasonable to say you just want to insult me in your pain.

My friend, you don't not have any evidence of anything you said I implied.

I expect you to read the preceding clause of that statement to understand the correct thing I said

Here below was what I typed initially where 'the word, 'how' was skipped

"I know that medical science is not magic, so could I have boasted it can't fail. "

From the above, If I already admitted in the preceding statement that medical science is not magic, how does it make sense for me to go ahead to boast it can't fail?

Magic is not expected to fail, but I said medical science is not magic, meaning it's not infallible.

I have edited the post long before you posted your reply to read the correct thing.

"I know that medical science is not magic, so how could I have boasted it can't fail. "

There's no way it make sense for me to negate myself in the same statement.

This sort of thing has happened between me and Maximum recently . And unlike you , inspite of the heated argument we were having, he was still charitable enough to let me know that I made a typing mistake, but said he still understood correctly what I wanted to type.

But you're dishonest person who is looking for any means to make me say what I never meant.

You failed woefully. Try next time.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 10:03am On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

the sun will never stop, it will never and hs never. If it does, we are finished.

This is why I don't trust the Bible, how can I trust what a Joshua who doesn't know basic geography has to say about how the earth started. And many religious people don't even know basic science and it's why I don't trsut what you have to say.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2022
Aemmyjah:

you are committing a fallacy of appealing to ignorance, because you can't explain it doesn't mean it's a miracle and that we cannot explain it later
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser
am I lying?

Are you good in biology?

Should we test your knowledge?
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by triplechoice(m): 10:28am On Dec 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Were people COMMUNICATING on telephones before moon landing?
YES!
So it's not moon landing that brought telephones. wink

Oh my God!
Where did I say Moon landings brought phones?

I am talking of communication satellites which is used for internet connectivity and others, and not just phones.

I wonder why you're blind to the word,satellite, in that expression, communication satellite. You have been mentioning communication in isolation as if it's the same.

You have already shown us when the first analogue phone was invented and used, but the first communication satellite was launched in 1962 ,years after that

Please try to understand what I am talking about.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by KnownUnknown: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2022
triplechoice:

Oh my God!
Where did I say Moon landings brought phones?

I am talking of communication satellites which is used for internet connectivity and others, and not just phones.

I wonder why you're blind to the word,satellite, in that expression, communication satellite. You have been mentioning communication in isolation as if it's the same.

You have already shown us when the first analogue phone was invented and used, but the first communication satellite was launched in 1962 ,years after that

Please try to understand what I am talking about.

Why, o’ why are you beating your head against a jagged rock?
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2022
Workch:
you are committing a fallacy of appealing to ignorance, because you can't explain it doesn't mean it's a miracle and that we cannot explain it later

Lol
You're the one contradicting yourself with your last words
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2022
Workch:
the sun will never stop, it will never and hs never. If it does, we are finished.

This is why I don't trust the Bible, how can I trust what a Joshua who doesn't know basic geography has to say about how the earth started. And many religious people don't even know basic science and it's why I don't trsut what you have to say.

Because he did not describe how the phenomenon took place meant it never happens right
Sometimes, things that fellow humans do but we see as magic are not just magic. The person performing it knows what he did
I've seen so many on American gots talent and everyone is shocked as if it were grand.
How much more the Maker of the universe including the sun?
In Joshua's eye, the sun appeared to have stood still
Critics foolishly say the account is myth
Some scientists have tried to explain the possibilities for that to have taken place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Islam Sucks How To Remarry A Woman You Divorce / Bible Emergency Numbers — Call John 3:16; John 11:25-26; Hebrews 2:14-15 / (pic) Bishop David Abioye Pictured Alongside His Cute Son Daniel Abioye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.