Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie - Celebrities (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie (83376 Views)

Basketmouth & Wife, Elsie Okpocha Welcome 3rd Child (Photos) / Basketmouth, Wife, Elsie Okpocha And Daughter Looking Adorable In New Picture / Basketmouth 41st Birthday Surprise From Wife, Elsie Okpocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by LastProphet: 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2022
MrAdam:
what's with this married people and crashed marriages?

Most people with broken marriages are a result of broke homes..
Just like being in love with an only child and you expect that much love in return. Infact theses ones have no emotions cos they have no siblings..

As a man.. even after marriage, make sure you have your wives weak spot.. disregard the shame and let her emotionally/psychologically
know youve beat her hand down..

Note: no physical violence, she'll do worse if she's in your shoes..
pls explain that only child thing very well, I think I understand to some extent and is true
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by RealNiggaDee(m): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2022
Provided his kids are truly his. Then there's no big deal .
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by jimcaddy(m): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2022
The way celebrities are ending marriages these days ehn. I don't know what sort of example they are setting for their fans and even their children. I feel if you want your marriage to work, it will. But we are too egoistic to let that happen.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Alamkir: 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
Iamfrank:
The issue is getting married to the right person... I think people change when they get married that is causing the increase in divorce

Anybody that knows basketmouth knows that he and his wife has been dating from secondary schools long before they hot married and they hav been for long, so whatever the problem may be I dnt think it's a question of marrying the wrong person

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by perdollar(m): 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2022
Western life style is changing our culture badly. BM! It's still a joke right.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
arcbaba:
Quite frankly I personally wish I cud leave my marriage like this too. Women of these days power tussle is their problem! Mind you I have been married for 8years now

I usually emphasize that assuming Women were created with Muscles like Men hmmm, A lot of Men go dey collect beating wototo. Their greatest weakness Is their femininity.

Sometimes I look at some of them the way they act bossy and all when they rise to power or have small change and I will say to myself, What If these people go get Muscles lasan. Omo na serious oppression. Even though We Men are not anyway better.

These days An average woman doesn't want you to control her or dictate to her. You will even hear some of them saying, It Is my body and I can do what I like with It. Me I'm always like wetin con concern me as If me sef no get my own personal body lolgrin

It's Just Human Nature playing Us all. We are all what we Are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by onoja12: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
Let me use economic of market to explain failed marriage.
Women think they are under valued when infact they are over priced,the Men take the over evaluation in the beginning while the women move for higher valuation when infact depreciation is taking place.with the many pressure from the women the Men begin to come to the realization that they have been scammed,while the women think they are in control of the market.
And so the marriage ends,it is years after the marriage ends before women find out the reality,while the Men get to enjoy there freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Alamkir: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
nonny1212:
Basket mouth wey no get problem. Hope no dey again o.

Next 10 years, marriage will be a thing of the past.

I swear, my thoughts exactly, basketmouth cool and his marriage has been private. They hav known each since secondary school b4 marriage
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by everythinggirly(f): 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2022
Married people,
you people should come close let's have a little talk.
Take pen and paper, write out this questions and answer yourself,
if the answers are not favourable, please work on yourself.

Instead of pointing fingers at each other, every married person should start evaluating his/her self, lets see how to rescue marriage.

Ask yourself this questions
If you die today, do you think your spouse will really miss you or your death will be like a relief to him/her?

Will your spouse be willing to marry you again if given an opportunity?

Is your marriage a blessing to your spouse or a source of bitterness?

Will your children wish their marriage to be like yours?

How many sacrifice have you put in your marriage in order to make it work?

When last did you deliberately appreciate your spouse for the sacrifice he/she had made in this marriage?

The answers to this question will x-ray how healthy your marriage is.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by grandstar(m): 5:39pm On Dec 22, 2022
It's as though divorce is now becoming more acceptable these days. In our parents times, mothers would put up with things for the sake of the children as the husband's were the breadwinners.

Basketmouth has a lot of misogynist jokes such as referring to sagging breasts as going southwards, and yet has a wife at home. That must make the wife very insecure.

I, however, don't know what caused their breakups. Wish both happiness.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Integrity1992(m): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2022
nony43:
Chaiii na wa , what is going on with 9ja Celebs? With Divorce here and there , how we the single Pringles won take marry .

Na why Dem dey divorce so u can have at least one take grin

1 Like

Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2022
jibrilELsudan:
ABEG WHO GET THE CONTACTS OF HIM WIFE.......I FOR LIKE FVCK HER

Na Werey people Just full this Forumgrin
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by highchief1: 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Lol them go dob bang your Wife tire.

It's good as you are not stalking her which Is making your union still strong. May God continue to give you the strength of not stalking her.
if u know how I see life u will be shocked.I don’t really care my own is that I provide.I have my mission in life checking who is banging who is not a part of it.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2022
highchief1:
if u know how I see life u will be shocked.I don’t really care my own is that I provide.I have my mission in life checking who is banging who is not a part of it.

Okay you wouldn't still mind even If It takes place on your matrimonial bed and you caught them In the Act.

Answer this first, Then I will believe you truly don't really mind and also hail you as a strong mangrin
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Lateefadewale(m): 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2022
Heterodox:
Making sense until you drag God into it.

Same thing I had in mind.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by madjune(m): 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2022
I see people making all sorts of comments: From blaming the guy to the wife and etc.

No one has alluded to the one commonest factor, a veritable culprit for today's broken homes.

The Nigerian economy.

Any true love existent in any union will surely be tested by the economy.

Money is used to service love.

Something tells me, the turn of the times might have demanded that his wife contribute more than she was doing and hence, a task on her comfort zone.

I believe BasketMouth had her pampered all these years.
It's not easy to keep your wife pampered and monied in these days of changing rollers.

That's why it's makes sense to stay OBIdient next February, so that more innocent families can be saved from these temptations.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Lauraobd1: 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2022
After 12 good yrs ??

You guys never said the truth.

Who are you parting ways for ??

Person pikin go begin receive attention from both now.chai
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by 894oladotun: 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
Life Na cruise.Life Na cruise....
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
Marriage is not a do or die. U fall in, it don't work out, u fall out...
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Emmanuel909090: 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
Be strong basket.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by gaspology(m): 7:07pm On Dec 22, 2022
NaijaBookings:
Comedian Basketmouth announces end of marriage to his wife, Elsie

As much as it pains me to bring my personal life to the public space, this is an unavoidable situation.

After much deliberations, my wife and have made the difficult decision to end our marriage.

As we move forward separately, we will continue to work together to give our beautiful children all the care, love, guidance and support they need.

We humbly ask that you respect our privacy as we navigate through these times.

Thank you.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CmeCLdGKHzm/?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=
Women are manipulative. They only need marriage because they have maternal yearnings and society seems to frown on b*stards! They thus need the man for identity and, attendant upkeep, assuming they are not economically stable. Once this is achieved, they prefer being independent again to engage different gbola and still get paid like normal olosho they are. Marriage was invented to help the female and force the male be responsible for their actions but. these ingrates posture like they are doing us a favour when it should be the other way round. Damn!
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by AgroDoctor: 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2022
BATified2023:
what happened in d case of oyakhilome?

Did both of them tell you that their union was the will of God?

Or you think because they are pastors and because of that automatically it becomes the will of God?

The will of God remains the best. Don't get deceived.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by AgroDoctor: 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2022
Giwoni:
Mr, there is no wife or husband, God has chosen for anybody

You don't have to argue this because it means you don't believe that the will of God exists.

Study, ask questions, and read about how Mike Bamiloye and his wife Gloria met and you will know that the will of God exists in choosing a life partner.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by pikechukwu6(m): 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2022
Wetin concern me? Nah your divorce not mine grin
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Yoighaman(m): 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
These two have remained an inspiring couple to many, having been through thick and thin together. They loved each other before the fame and money. So what could have possibly gone wrong? This is so sad cry
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Scientheosopher(m): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2022
C
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Scientheosopher(m): 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2022
Machomanb1:
Oga there is Nothing like getting Married to the right Person... Nothing like this.

Those that Lasted in Marriages for 20 Years and more go and ask them they have their own Story too.

Patient, Endurance ,Tolerants are the most Vitals which most Marriages Lack

I use to believe it is Money, Good intimacy,before I realised even the ones with these still divorce..

The right person is another phrase for someone with those characters.
#Marriage lasts when "for better for worst" is lived to every letter. That's the secret.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by hedonido: 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
Enjoy your life fellas! Especially if you're lucky to have some coins. Enjoy your FUCKING lives! I'm saying this because lots of guys have forfeited their enjoyment in their prime in the name of finding one nonsense 'true love', or forming 'responsibility' to one rubbish woman who would ultimately waste or complicate your life for you when you least expect... When you should be cruising.

If you're broke and lost , you're probably better off getting married. After all, misery loves company, and misery is easier to cope with when shared. Just find a fellow broke, low barrel, or old-school conservative-minded woman to start life with and rugged it out. It is surprisingly much better and more beneficial when you're a broke loser. Start now, things can get better tomorrow, or one of your children can somehow hit it big 20+ years later... Even if not, then nothing spoil, because both of you never had a chance anyway.

But you see, if you are doing 'well' now, don't be in a hurry to tie yourself down with one useless jezebel. Numerous men are suffering now because they turned what should be a fling or play-play fucking into relationship and marriage. Never get carried away by the yellow face, useless vibes and packaging. They will mess your happy life up if you bring them into it full time.

Enjoy your life with minimal inhibitions. Parole well, Bleep bitches well, mash them up well. Unapologetically enjoy everything while it lasts, and even if you'll have a so-called girlfriend, let her know that you're NOT to be controlled or dictated to. When you're tired or when you feel the need to start a family, look for a conservative minded girl without much entitlement to settle with. Marry down and do everything in your power to keep her well below you. Do the bare minimum with her. Don't overexpose her. If possible, she should be the type that doesn't really understand what Instagram or Snapchat is about. Don't give her too much freedom. This might sound ridiculously extremist, but you would understand the necessity of it in due course if you absolutely need to get married.

Be a nice 'Stalin' with her (read up Stalin if you don't know who that is).

At all costs, avoid these open eye 'feminist' minded, opinionated women. The signs are always there in spite of their pretense. This is the only way it makes sense to get married, because these women would only deprive you of your wellbeing and then eventually Bleep you up if you don't get it right from the beginning.

Long post, but it is for those who truly need to learn important lessons before making stupid mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Munzy14(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2022
Acidosis:

You're funny. Basket mouth is not broke. He's just not into the comedy thing. He has diversified into movie-making (tv series) and music. His recent album stayed on Naija music charts for a very long time.

Well, I suspect infidelity but it's also important to respect their choice at this point.
Na infidelity na.. undecided

There was a time her nyash was almost opened, but basketmouth threatened a legal suit, so the person backed down.

A lady/man who has perfected ways to normalize sleeping around, even if you marry them with billions kept for them, he/she will still bleep around.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by Yalwayzme: 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2022
Basket mouth don start to leak again o
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Announces End Of Marriage To His Wife, Elsie by vRendoh(m): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
Men are growing to boys and kidd by the years....they are not man enough to handle the women who are growing too be men. So unfortunate we lost polygamy and now we are loosing monogamy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Davido's New White Bentley Lands In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / Bobrisky Shows New Curvy Body After Surgery / Osinachi Elsa Ezuruonye: Mike Ezruonyes Albino Daughter's 1st Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.