Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,657 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? (36040 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Jakumo(m): 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Maybe I’m a slow learner.

I stopped to assist a fellow bike rider who had fallen on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway on Sept 26th. Parked well off the road.

Luckily I haven’t taken my safety gear off as I stepped off the bike because the next thing I knew was me and bike doing a trapeze act in the air. Mr. Akinwale Ogunmodede had left all lanes of traffic to hit me on the side where I parked.

When I came to he had ran away but unlucky for him his bumper with license plate fell off.

I’m very lucky to be alive and very thankful.

To tie in back to the thread. I now appreciate the lack of proper emergency accident response. I just don’t know how money can resolve the issue.

Egun Agbalagba I am actually horrified to learn that you are riding a power bike on Nigerian roads, of all places. Sure I know the Ibadan Expressway is smooth as glass up to the Benin interchange, but then you are back on a really unpredictable surface all the way to Lagos.

Homie, you spent decades in Cali where the roads and freeways DEFINE perfection of highway design, so why in the phuck are you willing to risk your life and limb riding that pocket rocket on Nigeria's lunar surface roads that have claimed so many and still do daily?

Don't even get me started about the way motorcyclists are hit by cars for sport in Nigeria. Quit riding a bike while you are still whole and of sound mind and body my brethren. You must be aware that the Ibadan Expressway right now is INFESTED with Fulani terrorist kidnap gangs who step out of the bush and light up passing cars with AK rifle fire. That is just one more reason why you want FOUR wheels under you ANYWHERE in Nigeria, and NEVER just two wheels. You NEED that cornering stability that ONLY four wheels can offer.

Stop bike riding anywhere in Nigeria, and I would even advise the same on US highways as well. Happy New year 2023 in advance my brother.

Over and out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
BennyDGreat:

I don't agree....and it's based on the facts
okay give me the facts i'm listening grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Bossman(m): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2022
One has to earn relatively above average in Nigeria for example, in order to enjoy a good quality of life. A low to middle income person in the Western world, will enjoy a good quality of life. I am sure we all know what entails good quality of life by now - basic infrastructure, access to solid health care, 24/7 electricity, and so on. The so called rich folks in 3rd world countries still have to travel out for medical treatment, for vacation, etc. The only advantage being rich in a 3rd world country is the power that the money gives you - oppression, lawlessness, etc.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 4:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
Jakumo:

Egun Agbalagba I am actually horrified to learn that you are riding a power bike on Nigerian roads, of all places. Sure I know the Ibadan Expressway is smooth as glass up to the Benin interchange, but then you are back on a really unpredictable surface all the way to Lagos.

Homie, you spent decades in Cali where the roads and freeways DEFINE perfection of highway design, so why in the phuck are you willing to risk your life and limb riding that pocket rocket on Nigeria's lunar surface roads that have claimed so many and still do daily?

Don't even get me started about the way motorcyclists are hit by cars for sport in Nigeria. Quit riding a bike while you are still whole and of sound mind and body my brethren. You must be aware that the Ibadan Expressway right now is INFESTED with Fulani terrorist kidnap gangs who step out of the bush and light up passing cars with AK rifle fire. That is just one more reason why you want FOUR wheels under you ANYWHERE in Nigeria, and NEVER just two wheels. You NEED that cornering stability that ONLY four wheels can offer.

Stop bike riding anywhere in Nigeria, and I would even advise the same on US highways as well. Happy New year 2023 in advance my brother.

Over and out.

I didn’t have a motorcycle accident. I was hit by a hit and run driver while I was on foot.

Frankly it could have been had I been driving my Benz as he’ll have probably crushed me into my own vehicle.

Thanks Bro.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by deavicky(m): 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.
you can commit any crime and go away with it.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by koning: 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Good warm weather at no cost ! Low cost of living relative to income , ease of setting new business , more return on investment .prestige, culture , bigger houses (all paid ) zero racism and no glass ceilings. Natural organic food . For electricity we now have over 22 hours daily band A solar cover up for the rest .no student debt (70000 USD) per child, no 40 tax on incomes no inheritance levy no Mass shooting .family values ( state promoting gays and gay bishop) cheap subsided fuel .low debt burden car insurance is just 20k .no property sharing on divorce. Polygamy .community engagement (no invidualism) no old people home to dump me when am old ! no child care bills ( 400 USD per months ) .

You've said it all. Nothing more to add. You even exaggerated the insurance. I pay N5,000 a year, 3rd party.

I don't have any need whatsoever to live in the West again. Been there for close to 30 yrs.

With money, Nigeria is best.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Jakumo(m): 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I didn’t have a motorcycle accident. I was hit by a hit and run driver while I was on foot.

Frankly it could have been had I been driving my Benz as he’ll have probably crushed me into my own vehicle.

Thanks Bro.

I hear you, man. Years ago I was forced to get out of our car because a traffic accident had just occurred blocking both lanes of the Lagos Expressway. I was on the shoulder of the blacktop and not on the road when a car took to the shoulder and hit me square in the back going at 20 mph. Perhaps my weight lifter's muscularity at the time saved me but I was catapulted into the air, before breaking the car's front window and landing on the ground where all I saw was white fog that seemed to take forever to clear, before recovering with no lasting damage.

You broke the same cardinal rule that I did by stopping and disembarking anywhere along that highway, and by pure luck, I survived as did you many years later under identical circumstances. The bottom line is to avoid stopping along any Nigerian highway UNLESS your vehicle is disabled. The instant you disembark your vehicle alongside the expressway the background noise reduces your ability to hear approaching cars until it is simply too late to duck out of the way.

Finally, on the subject of bikes, I appeal on behalf of your loved ones that you hang up that helmet and stop riding a motorcycle on Nigerian roads for good, and if possible even on American roads. The odds of sustaining serious life-changing injuries rise dramatically if one is on a motorcycle as opposed to being belted in a car, in the event of a crash or tire blowout. You are an esteemed member of the Wabenzi Tribe, and now you must comport yourself accordingly by driving ONLY dat Benz, Ogawa Egun Agbalagba.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by djoe21(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

US mass shooting is at least 2 to 3 times per week, their media is doing overtime to prevent most of the news from going mainstream everytime

So so many unreported or underreported shootings yet the still keep turning down bills to disarm non security peps

They are even overwoke to claim guns don't kill, that it's people that kill which I usually reply that everyone should be legalize to own nuclear weapons after all weapons don't kill

Sorry but I am finding it difficult to see the rationale behind your response to the claim that guns don't kill, it is people that kill. Hence nuclear weapon should be legalized.

I think you should think it through. I don't think the analogy used in your response really makes sense.

Pls, I am not trying to insult you in any way.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2022
koning:

You've said it all. Nothing more to add. You even exaggerated the insurance. I pay N5,000 a year, 3rd party.

I don't have any need whatsoever to live in the West again. Been there for close to 30 yrs.

With money, Nigeria is best.
it has been increased to 20 k from 2023 .claim now 3 m
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Kendra1990(f): 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
I can't see Nigeria here but I can see USA

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by COMPAQ(m): 4:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
KaptainAfrika:
You can wake up one morning, put a call to your driver's wife and tell her you will take care of her, you prove this by sending her 500,000.00 Naira. You satiate your lust with her, and she gets pregnant as a result. This is where you rich privilege in Nigeria kicks in - you won't pay child-support for life, everyone will blame the woman and your wife won't divorce you.
You read your wife's IG Post swearing for homewreckers and declaring how much your love for each other is very much strong while her tailor comes out of the shower and joins you in bed in the hotel you booked for your tryst.
Note: Don't try it in the West, you will be so bankrupt ehn!

Very shallow!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Kendra1990(f): 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2022
[img][/img][quote author=ahiboilandgas post=119437261]honestly they are doing but are overwhelmed! Yesterday 200 boko haram fighter where killed in Bama, 38 bandit in kaduna and 140 in zamafara airstrike . The main problem is not looking at the root causes of this problem . Over 2000 boko haram fighter have been eliminated but within months they regroup and recruit. Cos in the North over 10m kids are on the streets with no education or care. Futher more with over 100m poor citizen's cramp in Nigeria insecurity and desperation will kick In.

This is for United States alone.

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by InvertedHammer: 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:

Fair points. However, not everyone who japa'd went to the US. So, the student debt of a thing or mass shootings sounds like Greek to a Nigerian settled in the Netherlands. Also, other West African countries or even few in Southern Africa offer almost similar advantages and are very safe when compared to Nigeria. My major issue with Nigeria is insecurity. I don't like a place where the elites aren't doing anything about the insecurity situation even if I am tucked inside Banana Island.
/

Unless you have lived outside Nigeria, made a lot of money; you can never understand. The serenity you seem to enjoy abroad will get boring over time. Even when some people travel to many other countries for fun, they quickly realize that it is mainly for bragging rights because once you have been to one, you have pretty much been to many others. All developed nations look the same. All shithole countries look the same.

/

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by oluwaseyi0: 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
djoe21:

Sorry but I am finding it difficult to see the rationale behind your response to the claim that guns don't kill, it is people that kill. Hence nuclear weapon should be legalized.

I think you should think it through. I don't think the analogy used in your response really makes sense.

Pls, I am not trying to insult you in any way.

The gun doesn't kill is not my analogy, it's an analogy of some woke people in US. Let me explain

There is a law in the US called 2nd amendment law which states that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" this allows every motherfucker to own a gun because guns are seen as their constitutional human right

The easiest way to reduce gun crime is to simply make it illegal for non-security people to have guns which will simply mean having a constitutional amendment to review and adjust the 2nd amendment

But most people and most legislators in National Assembly that can make this adjustment are against making the adjustment rather they all blame the shooters and excuse a system that makes it very easy for intending shooters to get guns

Any attempt to amend the 2nd amendment was always met with huge protest and stiff resistance, they claim "guns don't kill"

some of the people on quora who argue this guns don't kill shit I usually sarcastically reply them that they can as well legalize nuclear weapons in their country in the name of freedom and "guns don't kill"

You can read more on this wiki link, copy and past the whole link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_don%27t_kill_people,_people_kill_people
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by IbeOkehie: 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Good warm weather at no cost ! Low cost of living relative to income , ease of setting new business , more return on investment .prestige, culture , bigger houses (all paid ) zero racism and no glass ceilings. Natural organic food . For electricity we now have over 22 hours daily band A solar cover up for the rest .no student debt (70000 USD) per child, no 40 tax on incomes no inheritance levy no Mass shooting .family values ( state promoting gays and gay bishop) cheap subsided fuel .low debt burden car insurance is just 20k .no property sharing on divorce. Polygamy .community engagement (no invidualism) no old people home to dump me when am old ! no child care bills ( 400 USD per months ) .

There's NOTHING on this list that is not available in the USA. Not only that, everything on the list more abundant in the USA and of superior quality. Come on man! But I want to focus particularly on the bolded above: zero racism and no glass ceilings.

This point has already been DEMOLISHED on another thread where a commentator pointed to this story -

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/07/17/highest-paid-ceos-in-nigeria-in-2021/

Most of the highest paid CEO's of publicly traded companies in Nigeria are NOT Black Africans, they're Europeans or Asians. This is something every Nigerian should be thinking hard about, instead of the supposed racism of the USA, UK or other European nations.

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Jakumo(m): 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

The gun doesn't kill is not my analogy, it's an analogy of some woke people in US. Let me explain

There is a law in the US called 2nd amendment law which states that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" this allows every motherfucker to own a gun because guns are seen as their constitutional human right

The easiest way to reduce gun crime is to simply make it illegal for non-security people to have guns which will simply mean having a constitutional amendment to review and adjust the 2nd amendment

But most people and most legislators in National Assembly that can make this adjustment are against making the adjustment rather they all blame the shooters and excuse a system that makes it very easy for intending shooters to get guns

Any attempt to amend the 2nd amendment was always met with huge protest and stiff resistance, they claim "guns don't kill"

some of the people on quora who argue this guns don't kill shit I usually sarcastically reply them that they can as well legalize nuclear weapons in their country in the name of freedom and "guns don't kill"

You can read more on this wiki link

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_don%27t_kill_people,_people_kill_people[/url]

If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns. This is a very old saying quoted here to remind you about the futility of banning guns. Look at the case in Nigeria where the process of obtaining a firearm permit is nearly as problematic as making it into the kingdom of heaven. Despite those strict gun laws imposed on Nigerian citizens, the Fulani kidnap gangs and the armed robbery crews all obtain ILLEGAL weapons with ease, and then deploy them to devastating effect on the unarmed population of potential vitims.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

US mass shooting is at least 2 to 3 times per week, their media is doing overtime to prevent most of the news from going mainstream everytime

So so many unreported or underreported shootings yet the still keep turning down bills to disarm non security peps

They are even overwoke to claim guns don't kill, that it's people that kill which I usually reply that everyone should be legalize to own nuclear weapons after all weapons don't kill
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Kendra1990(f): 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
[color=#990000][/color]

We agree to disagree.

Any proof the army is fractured along ethnic lines or is this an assumption? Is it Nigerian Army's job to tackle security, kidnapping etc. Does Nigeria have a police. Is it Nigerian Army that caused 100 million in poverty, unemployment, inflation etc. Until you solve the root cause of security problems the Nigerian Army cannot do anything tangible. Go to Switzerland or Denmank and see if it is the Army that is keeping them secure. Politicians in Nigeria steal and defraud the public of all amenities to thrive causing monumental security problems. Then one fool will wake up and say where is Nigerian Army. Vote people with sense to power, things may change for better

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
IbeOkehie:

There's NOTHING on this list that is not available in the USA. Not only that, everything on the list more abundant in the USA and of superior quality. Come on man! But I want to focus particularly on the bolded above: zero racism and no glass ceilings.

This point has already been DEMOLISHED on another thread where a commentator point to this story -

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/07/17/highest-paid-ceos-in-nigeria-in-2021/

Most of the highest paid CEO's of publicly traded companies in Nigeria are NOT Black Africans, they're Europeans or Asians. This is something every Nigerian should be thinking hard about, instead of the supposed racism of the USA, UK or other European nations.

the companies and foreign owned . MTN ,stanbic citi bank Airtel, Nigeria breweries etc . Our own na first bank , uba zenith dangote conoil airpeace AA rano. Capital oil Nigerian owned on glass ceilings .
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2022
Jakumo:

I hear you man. Years ago I was forced to get out of our car because a traffic accident had just occurred blocking both lanes of the Lagos Expressway. I was on the shoulder of the blacktop and not on the road when a car took to the shoulder and hit me square in that back at 20 mph. Perhaps my weight lifter's muscularity at the time saved me but I was catapulted into the air, before breaking the car's front window and landing on the ground where all I saw was white fog that seemed to take forever to clear, before recovering with no lasting damage.

You broke the same cardinal rule that I did by stopping and disembarking anywhere along that highway, and by pure luck, I survived as did you many years later under identical circumstances. The bottom line is to avoid stopping along any Nigerian highway UNLESS your vehicle is disabled. The instant you disembark your vehicle alongside the expressway the background noise reduces your ability to hear approaching cars until it is simply too late to duck out of the way.

Finally, on the subject of bikes, I appeal on behalf of your loved ones that you hang up that helmet and stop riding a motorcycle on Nigerian roads for good, and if possible even on American roads. The odds of sustaining serious life-changing injuries rise dramatically if one is on a motorcycle as opposed to being belted in a car, in the event of a crash or tire blowout. You are an esteemed member of the Wabenzi Tribe, and now you must comport yourself accordingly by driving ONLY dat Benz, Ogawa Egun Agbalagba.

I hear you loud and clear. I’ll never ever ride a bike on Nigerian roads nor partake in any high risk endeavors here in Nigeria.

I’ve learnt a serious lesson and given a second chance and I’m never taking it for granted.

I appreciate you.

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Jakumo(m): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I hear you loud and clear. I’ll never ever ride a bike on Nigerian roads nor partake in any high risk endeavors here in Nigeria.

I’ve learnt a serious lesson and given a second chance and I’m never taking it for granted.

I appreciate you.

Mo bo fila fun abgalagba

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by oluwaseyi0: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2022
Jakumo:

If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns. This is a very old saying quoted here to remind you about the futility of banning guns. Look at the case in Nigeria where the process of obtaining a firearm permit is nearly as problematic as making it into the kingdom of heaven. Despite those strict gun laws imposed on Nigerian citizens, the Fulani kidnap gangs and the armed robbery crew all obtain ILLEGAL weapons with ease, and then deploy them to devastating effect on the unarmed population of potential vitims.

using same Nigeria as a case study, imagine over 100 million Nigerians having guns.

what do you think will happen to ordinary Lagos road rage when everyone has gun? cases that should have ended with "do you know who I am'' will now end with either or both parties going to the mortuary, any and everybody is a walking dead at every point, and we will all need bulletproof vests to step out in Lagos

personal vendettas will be the order of the day, how many shootings has personal individual foil compared to the number of people dying from mass shooting

this will leave us with only security and professional criminals having guns, at least one bored dude won't just wake up and kill tens

if guns are legalized, criminals will simply get grenades and RGP, are we going to legalize grenades too to counter outlaw

A responsible, modern and fast security is the more reliable way to combat outlaws rather than relying on untrained and unstable civilians to do the delicate work of security personnel
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

That's nice, how many of these helicopters are there? How consistent is the service and is this service offered outside of Lagos? grin
its a good question. there are enough helicopters. the problem is ignorance of the citizens to this service.. is this offered outside lagos ? no, which is why we are trying to get everybody to vote for tinubu so the whole country can enjoy these ideas he brought up for lagosians to enjoy. but nooooooooooo dey want the man who commission brewery from agulu cry cry cry
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by IbeOkehie: 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
the companies and foreign owned . MTN ,stanbic citi bank Airtel, Nigeria breweries etc . Our own na first bank , uba zenith dangote conoil airpeace AA rano. Capital oil Nigerian owned on glass ceilings .

But the companies are IN NIGERIA, that's the point. Is Dangote also foreign owned? Dangote is the biggest company in Nigeria by capitalization. Publicly traded companies in ANY COUNTRY are the anchors of the economy, they're THE commanding heights of the economy. So why should there be so many foreign companies that are so big in Nigeria anyway?

Well argue it anyhow you like, the glass ceiling is there, at least to my mind it's actually a worse situation than the USA where I live. I know what I've seen at Nigerian airports, where Whites are given priority over Black Africans. What's the excuse for that? Foreigners own Nigerian Airports? grin There were even reports I remember years ago about restaurants and estates in Nigeria where only Indians, Europeans or Lebanese are allowed to enter. In Nigeria!

Abeg Nigeria is an overrated country. I'm trying to be polite here. Whatever man, let them enjoy their Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by IbeOkehie: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
Jakumo:

If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns. This is a very old saying quoted here to remind you about the futility of banning guns. Look at the case in Nigeria where the process of obtaining a firearm permit is nearly as problematic as making it into the kingdom of heaven. Despite those strict gun laws imposed on Nigerian citizens, the Fulani kidnap gangs and the armed robbery crews all obtain ILLEGAL weapons with ease, and then deploy them to devastating effect on the unarmed population of potential vitims.

Don't mind Nigerians. They don't understand why the USA and South Africa have legal gun ownership for everyone. Nigeria is a place where gangs of armed robbers hold up whole neighborhoods in Aba, Lagos, Benin...surround the whole place for hours, going house to house and robbing people. They do it with confidence because they KNOW nobody is likely to own guns.

Mass shooting or not, I feel safer in the USA than in Nigeria. I've lived both places and I know what I've experienced and observed. The two countries can't even be compared. I can't even start talking the details here because someone will dredge them up one day and cite them against me since I'm using my real name.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
its a good question. there are enough helicopters. the problem is ignorance of the citizens to this service.. is this offered outside lagos ? no, which is why we are trying to get everybody to vote for tinubu so the whole country can enjoy these ideas he brought up for lagosians to enjoy. but nooooooooooo dey want the man who commission brewery from agulu cry cry cry
Every time I google this medical helicopter I get the same stale picture from a 2016 article grin

Why doesn’t Tinubu use the world class hospitals he built in Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
IbeOkehie:

But the companies are IN NIGERIA, that's the point. Is Dangote also foreign owned? Dangote is the biggest company in Nigeria by capitalization. Publicly traded companies in ANY COUNTRY are the anchors of the economy, they're THE commanding heights of the economy. So why should there be so many foreign companies that are so big in Nigeria anyway?

Well argue it anyhow you like, the glass ceiling is there, at least to my mind it's actually a worse situation than the USA where I live. I know what I've seen at Nigerian airports, where Whites are given priority over Black Africans. What's the excuse for that? Foreigners own Nigerian Airports? grin There were even reports I remember years ago about restaurants and estates in Nigeria where only Indians, Europeans or Lebanese are allowed to enter. In Nigeria!

Abeg Nigeria is an overrated country. I'm trying to be polite here. Whatever man, let them enjoy their Nigeria.
I no dey for hear say . Dangote group CEO Dil is kunle Alake a Yoruba man he over the m.d of dangote cement. If a foreign firm has a Majority stake in a firm in Nigeria they will recruit a expert nah . Like wise our own small multinationals like m.d of first bank .uk was a Nigerians most Nigeria churches abroad are man by Nigerians .
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

My unrequested opinion.

Die any idea of moving to Nigeria.

Retire to your home country and at best come to Nigeria for vacations.
baba you done tire for naija already ?
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Karlifate: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
sorry the king of ikejia. The estate is after ikejia police barracks after ikejia under bridge by oial
conoil rd There is a Forte oil station opp the estate gate .micrants are not allow in

WTH

Everyone knows Ikeja, but only you know "ikejia"

This thread is for Nigeria residents, not citizens of ikejia
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by hardon1(m): 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2022
HRprof:

OP is asking for Rich man living in Nigeria not poor man you painted above. Read thread without biased mind for better comprehension grin

I dont care how u understand it. If anyone believe there is not benefit of being rich or living rich. Try poverty. Simple!
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2022
ratiken:
Something is inherently wrong with the black man.

Imagine our definition of enjoyment….. all selfish and relative. Proud amidst stinking poverty of the mind and the society.

Tueh…

Just yesterday morning, a friend was stabbed while jogging in his estate in Abuja …. What amount of money will justify his death?
you talk like people dont get stabbed in london everyday

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2022
BennyDGreat:

I don't agree....and it's based on the facts
please if you mistakenly get visa to the U.S dash me, in exchange ill give you visa to Duara the president village so he boys can run things on you...
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Bonny-Bille-Nembe Jetty Port Harcourt In Pictures (Video) / Lone Man Repairs Highway In Ogun To Save Motorists From Gridlock / Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.