Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? (29451 Views)

Which State In Nigeria Is Cheap And Safe To Live In With Nightlife? / My Trip To Hawaii, The Aloha State In USA / The Beauty Of Crystal Lake Resort Oguta, Imo State In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Greatdand007(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2022
AlphaAlex:

Lagos and eiye majority

Ogun , eiye and buccaneers and others

Imo Vikings and buccaneers and others

Edo , maphites, buccaneers eiye and the rest
Where cultists no full for Nigeria ?

Na ph dem full pass I have friends there na and your next neigbour fit be cultist
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by SalemIfeanyi1(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2022
Which work? In this Lagos? grin grin grin
Pakwel:

I go to work by 9 and can close from 2 if I like. Nothing spoil..

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by BigCowHornn: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2022
Starboytwo:
Y’all sleeping on Ebonyi.

Abakiliki to be precise.

Came here and I have refused to leave. The state is a late bloomer and there is still very much room and land for more developments. Everything here is either new or recent.

Best Road. A1
Electricity. (I can vouch for 21-23 hours)
Small city.
No noise.

I can testify.

Spent a week at that massive hotel at Prsco and was shocked. What pained me though was the lack of people .. that place is not well populated and it's so big.

It's the only city I've had a hard time finding a lady to keep me company
Was there last year on vacation. I eventually ran back to Enugu

I spent 2 months joy riding all over the south south and South east last year. Would have gone this year but this insecurity is something else so I'm in my house in Lagos

My experience was exactly the opossite in uyo
The girls were everywhere. So cheap and yet so beautiful
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Osidoshit: 11:41am On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:
Mehnnn if I get chance leave this Lagos ehnnn, I will never regret it. I really need an escape route from this Lagos...

So nairalander that have relocated, Did you regret leaving Lagos for another state within Nigeria?

To those planning to leave, why do you want to leave Lagos?

Leaving lagos was my best decision 2020, no regrets �

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by fcbelle72(f): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2022
Pierocash:
I left Lagos 12yrs ago to Ibadan,from Ibadan to Ph. I have never had any reason to regret it. I will repeat it even in my next world
... Hahaha just like tinubu lagos is a virus grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by frazee: 11:54am On Dec 30, 2022
BossGerald:

My dear there's nothing cool about the Ibadan I know...if you didn't relocate to PH, I'm sure you'll still rate Ibadan higher than PH.

Visit other cities in the south and you'll see how bad Ibadan is.

This absolutely not true. Ibadan is good not the best though. But life is peaceful if you have a means of Income and can afford the good life here. No traffic, no unnecessary harassment, no street fight, agbero get sense for ibadan. Nobody stress you here. Since I moved here my life make sense.

5 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Yus2020: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2022
Am so happy I move out of Lagos February 2013 one of my best decision I took

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by BossGerald: 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
frazee:

This absolutely not true. Ibadan is good not the best though. But life is peaceful if you have a means of Income and can afford the good life here. No traffic, no unnecessary harassment, no street fight, agbero get sense for ibadan. Nobody stress you here. Since I moved here my life make sense.

Have you been to other southern cities??
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by OBA117(m): 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
frazee:

But are there work opportunities in Ibadan?
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by frazee: 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
Moving out of lagos was the biggest fear for me.. thought I won't survive outside lagos.
Relocated to Ibadan in August, 2022.
Wake up 5am to prepare for the day and yet you won't get to your destination on time.
In ibadan I get up 6.30 or 7am and I still meet up with whatever I need to do. Just get on the road and drive only traffic light, traffic and its very irregular...
Na suffer I been dey for lagos since I was born

5 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by frazee: 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
OBA117:

But are there work opportunities in Ibadan?

There industries here and regular companies.
If you want to venture into business there is a big market opportunity...
Ibadan is not a small place and there are opportunities everywhere...

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by OBA117(m): 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
frazee:

There industries here and regular companies.
If you want to venture into business there is a big market opportunity...
Ibadan is not a small place and there are opportunities everywhere...

Thanks.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by salakokay(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
I did not regret for seconds.
I left lagos for ibadan in 2014 today am a pround owner of a house (2-bedroom, 3-bedrom flat)

5 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by occfx: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
Pierocash:
I left Lagos 12yrs ago to Ibadan,from Ibadan to Ph. I have never had any reason to regret it. I will repeat it even in my next world

Lagos is shiiit. Left exactly 12yrs ago. Got my peace of mind back and sanity. No regret at all. Even another work Wan carry me go back there I reject am

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by DenreleDave(m): 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
Lolachef:
Relocating to Ibadan from Lagos since last year was one of the best decision of my life.

I was paying 9300 every month for electricity bill in Lagos .

I really hope to have enough money to relocate too sha
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by vengertime: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
Paxxcarl:
Leaving Nigeria for good next year angry

E reach your turn Na Japa dey your mind

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by frazee: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
BossGerald:

Have you been to other southern cities??

Stayed in port Harcourt at some point in life.
Lived in Aba too.
For me my comparism is just between lagos and ibadan...
Ibadan far beats lagos...
Forget the fun life in lagos, ibadan has some good spot to chill... I miss lagos beach though.... but for other fun spot e dey ibadan...

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by BossGerald: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2022
frazee:

Stayed in port Harcourt at some point in life.
Lived in Aba too.
For me my comparism is just between lagos and ibadan...
Ibadan far beats lagos...
Forget the fun life in lagos, ibadan has some good spot to chill... I miss lagos beach though.... but for other fun spot e dey ibadan...

If that is it, I've no problem with that.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by silverkings: 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
Aguilar:
Never. I was born and raised in Lagos and i'm working in anambra. Still getting offers in abj, So i guess my luck is not in Lagos.
I'm in Anambra... I might get offer by January in Lagos but Lagos life dey fear me

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by silverkings: 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
Naijabad:

I left Lagos for Anambra State last year because I got a better paying job. I wasn't doing badly in Lagos either but the need to stay with my family overrode all other considerations.

After 6 months I left Lagos, my lifespan increased from 65 to 73 and now to 85. My blood pressure returned to normal. My cholesterol is within normal range, and many more wins.

No regrets whatsoever. It has been happiness all along
and I'm in Anambra State trying to move in January to Lagos.... There's this offer that might come next month
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Aguilar(m): 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
silverkings:
I'm in Anambra... I might get offer by January in Lagos but Lagos life dey fear me
Bros nothing dey there. Lagos is safe, food is cheap, cost of living make sense buh the rent is super costly.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by obinna58(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:
Regret ke?

I'm always grateful to God for taking that step, the only thing it affected was my former relationship and idgaf. Sometimes I wonder if i had taken the step earlier, I would have gone farther than this in the ladder of life(success).

Infact, when I was in Lagos I manage to save 15k in a month, today I am a millionaire thanks to God almighty.
I’m highly motivated, baba how did you do it?
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by fortunez1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

Is ph so cool like dt? I tot dey said pH is chaotic
Ph is bubbling City no much stress and has high potential for business growth.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Badboybebo: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
You miss the hustling and opportunities in Lagos but you'll never miss those traffic wahala plus zero rest of mind. Was born in Lagos, grew up there but left there for over 12yrs now.
Any badagry boy or BGS boy here make we greet each other.[/
Yes o na cos of you I even comment seff I grew up in badagry in Lagos for 20 years now
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by tollyboy5(m): 12:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Nobody dey sell akara for there? You sure say dem dey even like chop akara for there? undecided
Don't discourage him please.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Emmanueledu(m): 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
This year has been my best year ever! I Left Lagos for Asaba last year and I must say,I now have sanity!

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by tollyboy5(m): 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
vengertime:
Lived in Lagos all my life until I moved down to Abuja where they don't take light year in year out, except during nationwide darkness which is usually few days darkness .

I lived in festac work in Ajah, I had to wake up by 5am in other to get to work by 8:30.

If I over sleep till 6am I'm in trouble. Mile 2 traffic is very unforgiving for people that don't wake up early.

In Abuja I wake up by 7 am eat breakfast and Bath and dress up and leave for work by 7:45 get to office by 8am.

Life is easier in Abuja. In Lagos every day was designed for suffering and inhaling all kind of smoke
Marina to mile2 monorail has solved that problem.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by nyzeo(m): 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
Never.. You beta make up your mind lagos is hell.. Na, when u relocate u go see say u free
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Badboybebo: 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
All the road and goodlight is true I’m currently in Adamawa now but no place is like Lagos in the whole Nigeria bro

I lived in Lagos. My bros still stays in cnb alakija . I grew up in kaduna ,Abuja, jos, gombe, bauchi, adamawa, I love the north so much. Whenever am in Lagos the stress,police,traffic , street boys and more that stress me. I just want to come back to Lagos. Cos the north had no problem good road,light, peace (forget what the media tells you ) we flexing more than you.. street car race , cheap food, good people. And peace of mind.. I do drive from abuja to bauchi. Just to go flex and come back in the morning.. if you leave Lagos with your Lagos sense, then you will conquer anywhere in the world. NOTE. I HAVE STAYED in other countries too oh.. so Lagos for me is a dump ground . I will only miss Lagos for the friends and shrine way we dey chill for night [/quote]
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by BRaymond: 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
Relocate to Port Harcourt. There are good roads, no traffic, business also thrives because there is money. But cost of living is high ( house rent and food price can touch the sky).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

25 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Africa / Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian / Japa: Nigerians Lament As Canada Suspends Visa Operations In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.