Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths (30230 Views)

JAPA Fever Among Nigerian Youths / Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Tenshades(m): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
Theunbothered:

If the origin continues to disgrace itself daily it deserves every insult at home and abroad. grin

I believe focusing on the future is more important than dwelling on the past.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ahiboilandgas: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
bdon123:

If u want to remain,remain alone....d population of Nigeria is over 200mil . there will always be surplus manpower.stop disturbing those who are tinking abt d future of their children
like this once they are also thinking

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by irumanle(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
Craze dey worry you @OP.
It is their life for God sake. Nigeria is not for normal human beings; it's an animal farm.
My friend got a PhD scholarship in University of Kentucky with first degree. What a brilliant guy. He is someone who is so much inclined with tradition. He never wish to leave the country because he has been working with FMN before he was offered the scholarship.
I was the that helped him to process his diploma transcript. He felt reluctant at some point but his only motivation was the 'shege' his eyes have seen in his job hunting/joblessness days before he landed that FMN job.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Blaqputin(m): 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:
I've watched with amazement and bewilderment how the social media nairaland inclusive, have been filled with the stories of leaving Nigeria to other countries with the impression that, once they get there their problems are over. I think this big fat lie will hunt, and may destroy our future generations if nothing is done about it.

1. They believe once you leave the shores of this country, you have nothing to worry about again bcs automatic success is now guaranteed. If this is true, what happens to many Nigerians that are now stranded after so many years abroad ? Is the system over there a contributory factor as well

2. Government is bad !
Yes Nigerian government is very bad, if not the worst in the whole world. But then, who is the government, isn't it you and I ? Are we forgetting that a government is a product of the society and the reflection of its people ?
If the government is bad, then we're bad as a people !

This very generation of Nigerian youths is worse than the current leaders of the pass/outgoing generation they're blaming.

At least, our current leaders did not practice Yahoo Yahoo, Yahoo plus, they did not steal women pants for money ritual, they didn't engage in kidnapping for quick money etc in their time. But this generation does and even far worst things. I'm not in anyway exhonorating them bcs they have really messed up this country. But this generation is now worst than them.

Yes our pass and current leaders steal our collective wealth ? They did/do so bcs we allow them to, based on ethic, tribal and religious sentiments. In fact continuous stealing is only possible in the society of thieves and robbers. If all we could produce as leaders are thieves and looters, then that's who we all are as a people.

These same people that are preaching "JAPA" now, will never obey a simple traffic rule while in Nigeria, but they're there now throw every kind of stone against their own country.
Ask them what's their own contribution back home towards nation building.

Did they ever obey simple traffic rule?

What about paying their taxes, what was their contribution to social development and services etc ?

These things and more they're willingly do over there bcs they know that the
[b]the sicitzens of those countries make law and systems to work not even the governments
, and they cannot hid under a finger. Remove the law and oder over there, and see them showing their true colours.

Lastly, I think there are some external forces behind this sudden propaganda of japa. I know Nigeria is at it worst state since it started as a nation, but if we all run away, who will rescue and build it, where would we run back to when the jungle is matured outside ?

Nations are built by their citizens.

And for those of you outside Nigeria whose job now is to mock and denigrate the country, remember your people are still leaving here.

Some are even going as far as mocking God, the two major religions, saying all manner of things against the church, mosque etc. For your information, Nigerians have always been religious, it's in our DNA. There's a time Nigeria was working, our currency was better than the British pounds. My mother's senior brothers who schooled in the UK came back to Nigeria to work, and that didn't make people less religious.

Maybe you forgot, I will remind some of you that, some of your parents wouldn't have been educated but for the help the church and missionary Schools .

https://www.nairaland.com/7495060/why-nigerians-less-religious-when/2

Build, don't destroy the Nation

Nlpf mod, DisGuy, justwise, seun, lalasticlala and co

Oga, if 9ja dey sweet u, stay.
If not JAPA asap

2 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by bdon123(m): 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:

Try read my post once again, I didn't ask anybody who wish to not to Japan, but they should stop destroying their homes from outside, so that when jungle is matured they'll have where to run to.

Look at what happened in Ukraine, was anybody expecting it ?

Anything can happen at anytime, no place like home bro !!!
U can't destroy wetin don dabaroo already.Naija don cast...leave or stay,bt dont tell us wat to do.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Frenchkiss564: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2022
ednut1:
Atheism is growing in Nigeria already, when you see what those scammer pastors are doing looting tithes, carrying babes and buying jets. What do you expect You said many of our parents were educated due to the missionaries. Today pastors open secondary schools and universities that the average church member can’t afford. The Chinese and Indians japa in droves before going back( they still japa) to build their nation. Let people japa in peace. The man Buhari destroyed Nigeria twice in 83-85 plus 2015 till date. Under Yar adua and GEJ many Abroadians moved to Nigeria . If the country good people wont japa. The leaders and elites all have houses abroad their kids have abroad passport too. Total nigerians that have japa to Europe and north/ South America since 2020 are less than 500,000. So why all the fuss when the country has 200m plus people

If you base your japa assessment to whatever you read online. You'd be surprised that people still full the street of Lagos.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by benqo01(m): 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
Angelfrost:

He is a deceitful and conceited clown! Don't mind him.

WHEN E SEE FOOD CHOP NA TO COME DROP EPISTLES WEY NO MAKE BRAIN

IF HIM SEE OPPORTUNITY NA RACE E GO TEAR

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Angelfrost(m): 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
come.now job and free housing and dollar on streets to pick .

Good...! I will come when I am good and ready. Thank you.

No one should be deceived about traveling abroad to live and work... Same way it is wrong to live abroad, and make it a mission to discourage Nigerians from pursing a better life outside a poorly led contraption.

Bottom line, let those who wish to remain in the struggle here do so... While those sick of it all, should not be discouraged from trying elsewhere!

Human migration didn't start in this century or time, and won't end today!

Let's focus our efforts into compelling change within government and among citizens, not castigating or discouraging those leaving.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by bdon123(m): 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
it just advisory so some wil not resign from and do this
There is nothing wrong with doing that if it brings money.u are trained my ur society to see no dignity in labour
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ednut1(m): 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
Frenchkiss564:

If you base your japa assessment to whatever you read online. You'd be surprised that people still full the street of Lagos.

i was in lagos last month. Traffick wan kill me

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Blaqputin(m): 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
dameddy66:
Obidient built a forum of their own...woww!
If u know the owner of that site, tell them to contact urs truly, we gat work to do
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Awoleesu(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
Grammarly said of this post...

Clarity - 75%
Engaging - 61%
Mechanical accuracy - 40%
Correctness - 37%

Dear OP,
Perhaps you may want to start by rephrasing the topic...

How do you mean "Propaganda"?

Then, your historical accounts are not very accurate...
The menaces you mentioned have been around for ages now. Maybe they have been popularized thanks to the Digital age, yes! But insinuating the forerunners didn't do rituals and kidnapping isn't very correct.

Las-las, truly both leaders and followers are unscrupulous entities...

But you see your downplaying the 'abroad' is relative oh!
It depends where one is japa-ing to sha...
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by bdon123(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
I never said move illegally abroad.I hav been to over 15 countries outside africa n i advice anyone that gets d chance to japa not to hesitate.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Crafteck1: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
Nonsense, i dont feel like talking
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by bdon123(m): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Me sha i must giv my kids another passport of a government that will luv n take care of dem.If only u know how naija don cast around d world

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
ednut1:
Atheism is growing in Nigeria already, when you see what those scammer pastors are doing looting tithes, carrying babes and buying jets. What do you expect You said many of our parents were educated due to the missionaries. Today pastors open secondary schools and universities that the average church member can’t afford. The Chinese and Indians japa in droves before going back( they still japa) to build their nation. Let people japa in peace. The man Buhari destroyed Nigeria twice in 83-85 plus 2015 till date. Under Yar adua and GEJ many Abroadians moved to Nigeria . If the country good people wont japa. The leaders and elites all have houses abroad their kids have abroad passport too. Total nigerians that have japa to Europe and north/ South America since 2020 are less than 500,000. So why all the fuss when the country has 200m plus people
Aje you dey always over-motivate me.. cool
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by SirLakes: 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
Another nonsense

What is the rate of $1 to Naira

Dey dere dey play
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Angelfrost(m): 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
benqo01:

WHEN E SEE FOOD CHOP NA TO COME DROP EPISTLES WEY NO MAKE BRAIN

IF HIM SEE OPPORTUNITY NA RACE E GO TEAR

Shame on him if he is writing this from outside Nigeria...!

I can accept or condone those in the struggle here in Nigeria, even if they are misguided.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Amalekki: 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
If you want to Japa, it's your choice. If you want to stay in Nigeria it's your choice. Just don't deceive yourself about your reality. For some the wait in Nigeria was worth it, for others it's been e go better since 1978.

Don't let some ok Nigerians looking for cheap labour with your likes and who to oppress with their acquisitions that nobody cares about abroad cloud your judgment. Nigeria is very good at dangling carrots of hope, then you look back at all the wasted years and start wondering what could have been if you were not too laid back with your dreams and drive for success.

You can make it big in Nigeria but be sure you have a realistic path towards this and not your pastor's sweet words else your widows mite will add to the school fees of your pastor's children in the same abroad.

5 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
be calming down we are talking of people doing well .not some person on 30k salary .this boy have moved from face me I slap you to lekki while japarian are move from care home to janitor
She everybody na musician? Make una try dey apply once in a while. grin

4 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by CodeTemplar: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
ednut1:
your hate for pastors na follow come o. Take it easy. The govt that is controlling oil wells, tax, money printing and constitution cannot give free or affordable education, how will tithes do what 90% and zakat couldn't do for you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
be calming down we are talking of people doing well .not some person on 30k salary .this boy have moved from face me I slap you to lekki while japarian are move from care home to janitor
Shey everybody na musician? Make una try dey apply once in a while. grin
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by mployer(m): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
lereinter:

People that have this kind pessimistic, antagonistic, jealousy mindset

Pray against them always, rebuke them always, may they not come around you.

In your narrow mind, japa is the only meaningful success, anybody that thinks otherwise is jealous.

You are all children.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by MatrixCircle: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
This writer got it all wrong. Japa means migrating the right way not about Nigerians that migrated illegally.
Nigerians that migrated to Canada , UK , US and Australia legally are better and better of.
I migrated with my family to UK. My kids are enjoying quality education, I work part time as a student and my wife full time as dependant.
I don't worry about security of life and property. As a part time job I make up to £1400 after tax as a student. My wife makes x2 of that.
Prices of foodstuffs are well very affordable.
24/7 lights, running water and gas. Well organised society where children will grow up with good sanity . Owning a car here is not luxury it's quite very affordable and even buying a house can be planned within a year or two we pay for the mortgage and get our own house much more.
If anyone has the means japaaaa. I am a living testimony. U.S that use to be like a big deal now be like my backyard.

10 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Desusi: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
Its unfortunate that almost every youth you meet would be discussing how they can Japa.Over there in abroad is another level of challenges and troubles.The believe is that money is there in abroad just mention it Belgium, Germany, Britain, France, Netherlands just to mention a few.As for America its the last bus stop of every struggler.
This was what made me left my lucrative job in Nigeria and traveled to Belgium. At that time, l paid #4,000. My believe is that within a week,l will get that money. The first day, l would go out to look for work,l met a large numbers of Nigerians at a spot hawking for labourer's job.These are graduates in different fields of human endeavors. To start with, they were some of them more giants than me.We would struggle to hustle for labourer's job.At the end of the day,l got one.l was very happy,though the work was a tedious one.l was paid 4500 Belgium fund.First l sight a great relief thinking l have got $4500.l went to where they are selling tokunbo cars.The prices sent terror to my bone. The cheapest by then, was 90,000belgium fund. Whereas by then in Nigeria a good tokunbo is between 150k to 300k.
I decided to go and eat first,they asked me,what would l eat.l ordered for a plate of rice.ln Nigeria an expensive plate of rice by then was #200.By the time l would paid for my plate of rice,behold, it was 3500 Belgium fund. Surprise! Surprise!! Surprise!!! These are just among the surprises awaiting japa Nigerians. Doubt me at your perils.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Frenchkiss564: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
ednut1:
i was in lagos last month. Traffick wan kill me

I shock ooooooooo. I thought everyone is now in Canada.

Maybe they alternate between Canada and Nigeria at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Benbellamor: 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
damosade:
Ask your self the reason why the leaders do not believe in Nigeria. Why do they always travel out for anything?
op will be a coward if he or she failed to convince Buhari/Tinubu or even Atiku upon all their billions they go abroad for medicals

It means that they're doing the right thing over there
First thing that I learnt when I traveled out was how organized they're and how it will impact on my children
That reason alone is enough for me to japa... Imagine living in awoyaya in ibeju lekki and spending 4 hours to work early in morning and back.....is that not hell already?

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by benqo01(m): 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
Angelfrost:

Shame on him if he is writing this from outside Nigeria...!

I can accept or condone those in the struggle here in Nigeria, even if they are misguided.

E DON FORGET SAY FOR 60+ YRS NO LIGHT HAHA D GUY NA CLOWN........E DEY SHAME ME SERIOUSLY
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Gboom: 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
If you are a youth and you have the means of japaing, do so based on the following conditions:
- A thorough feasibility study of where you are going is very important.
- Your aim of going there and ways you want to achieve this aim.
-Set a time limit to achieve your goals
- Who is your mentor you are relying on to show you the way abroad
-Do you have extra money that can sustain you before you start to work.
Pray for divine guidance also

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ednut1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
CodeTemplar:
your hate for pastors na follow come o. Take it easy. The govt that is controlling oil wells, tax, money printing and constitution cannot give free or affordable education, how will tithes do what 90% and zakat couldn't do for you?
that is why some of them should have 4 private jets They attended free missionary schools why cant their universities be free With tithe used to augment running expenses
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Angelfrost(m): 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
MimiSheWrote:
Nice one @OP

It takes way more than just the government to advance a nation. real development starts with the actual people, it starts with you and me.

The key is actually the general mentality.

See, If you find a way to swap every single person in the United States with everyone in Nigeria: in just a quarter century.. Nigeria would be way better that this present U.S.A, and the U.S.A as we know it now would automatically decline and reverse to a devoloping 3rd world country.

How did the people in USA become this way??!

Were they born this way or were Africans and Nigerians created this way?!!

Such words and arguments like yours make me laugh!

Great leaders make great nations even out of the worst of people!

Akwa-Ibom became the cleanest state in Nigeria and one of the cleanest in West Africa not because the people all had a general sanitation epiphany out of the blues... Nope, a leader arose that saw the need for change, channeled efforts and resources to achieve this, convinced his people to walk the path, and it happened.

Waiting for sheep to lead themselves will never work please...!

Quit throwing blames at a rudderless and badly led people... If people could lead themselves, then why do we need to elect leaders?!!

So, point of correction:

If you take the leaders in today's Japan and replace them with those in Nigeria and vice versa, Nigeria will become a world power while Japan will become a third world nation!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reopening: Passengers Must Arrive Airports Three Hours Before Flights - FAAN / Man's Car Somersaulted Multiple Times In Enugu (Photos) / Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.