Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate (28465 Views)

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / My Experience As A Banker / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by monerozi5590: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2023
YourNextLevel:
Certificate is trash in this country. The question is who do you know ?

So vote wisely

Certificate is not trash.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by monerozi5590: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2023
martyns303:
It actually doesn’t matter, except you are naturally not smart person. Grade doesn’t matter anymore, I know someone with a pass earning $7k right here in Nigeria.

Grades matter in Nigeria bro.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by omojesu202(m): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u

Please I need that help...
081 three zero
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by atorioke77: 11:40am On Jan 05, 2023
NL is so biased towards APC and PDP...Great move from OBidients
Deleayoone46: OBidient are truly fixing everything...nice move to have another top forum in Nigeria

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Ibkrichie(m): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u

Here's my WhatsApp number too. I graduated with 3rd class too
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Mamaafrik1(m): 11:41am On Jan 05, 2023
[qu
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Mamaafrik1(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2023
Adimwellloaded:
Hey bro,
3rd class or not,
It doesn't define your dream life.
Right now ,the ball is in your court.
What you need is self development,
Take free online courses to boost your CV.
Click on the below link , log in to sign up and get started.
https://alison.com/courses/business?utm_source=alison_user&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=820991

Study is free
There loads of other courses there too that might interested you
After study, an international recognized certificate will be given to u

Keep hope alive
All will be well

Thank for the link

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by monerozi5590: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2023
vickydevoka:

I think most third class n second class upper do more better outside school

Can you back this your post with statistics?
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

e-motivator alert!
grin

I have nothing to prove to you or any body here. Personally I know so much third class graduates doing well in life. There's discrimination towards third class graduates but getting a good job is not an impossibility.

I've been receiving a lot of messages here and I will respond to everyone. I'm really busy at the moment.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Bami87: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2023
ufotty2001:
Graduated with 2.1 but I don't where I kept my certificate. Have to enter the street and look for something doing.. now am doing far better than were I was when when I was working as an employee. Make times 50 of what I was doing when I was working

Can you kindly share what street hustling you do?Thanks in anticipation.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by mofresh(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2023
vowiski:
[size=8pt][please can you share more info with us..]Get a skill…

I have never personally submitted my CV…

It’s a mindset I had from 100L and it’s over 10 years after school; I am wealthier than most of my lecturers and classmates who had better grades.

At times , Failure brings out the beast in you.

That you had a 3rd class means you are not good in that area, in other areas of life , you will be amazed at your potentials. Even a first class will be an understatement.

I can’t imagine living on 250k a month salary with no freedom.

I have been at home enjoying my life since Dec 23, with zero financial pressure.. Till I get back to work in 2 weeks time.

You should get angry..

Life is funny , I look back at times and I wonder if I was that same guy that wanted to commit suicide because of poor grades ? cheesy
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Bami87: 11:45am On Jan 05, 2023
ufotty2001:
Graduated with 2.1 but I don't where I kept my certificate. Have to enter the street and look for something doing.. now am doing far better than were I was when when I was working as an employee. Make times 50 of what I was doing when I was working
Can you kindly share your idea?Thanks in anticipation
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by monerozi5590: 11:47am On Jan 05, 2023
Op for the fact that you came to Nairaland to post this makes me believe that you are a smart person. You will go places, amen.

For undergraduates reading this, grades matter oh. What you graduate with matters a lot oh.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Mazulu: 11:49am On Jan 05, 2023
Graduating with 3rd class is not the end of the world. Most go-getters I know who are crushing it in their careers are not first-class degree holders.

In the end, a determined man can achieve anything irrespective of his degree class.

In other news, Germany has a lot of opportunities for Africans, and one of the easiest ways to access in these opportunities is to learn the German language. Learning German language opens you up to opportunities, such as scholarship and jobs that sponsor your visas and lead to PR.

Messages us today for German language classes taught by certified scholars.

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by engrdemo: 11:50am On Jan 05, 2023
Zero8063285999
ericmaestro:
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by chaliceGodson(m): 11:53am On Jan 05, 2023
sircatherine45:

Same with me. Finished with a 2'2, but the opportunities I dey get, I no sure say I go get am with my certificate. No need to cry, dust yourself up and forge ahead.

Thank you bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by cigaricon(m): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
So, let's share our experiences as a 3rd class graduate.
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job [b]WITH ZERO HOPE
but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.

Bro like someone said up there, be positive minded.
What about we that didn't have the opportunity to further our education? sad

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by yinkbell: 11:59am On Jan 05, 2023
vowiski:
Get a skill…

I have never personally submitted my CV…

It’s a mindset I had from 100L and it’s over 10 years after school; I am wealthier than most of my lecturers and classmates who had better grades.

At times , Failure brings out the beast in you.

That you had a 3rd class means you are not good in that area, in other areas of life , you will be amazed at your potentials. Even a first class will be an understatement.

I can’t imagine living on 250k a month salary with no freedom.

I have been at home enjoying my life since Dec 23, with zero financial pressure.. Till I get back to work in 2 weeks time.

You should get angry..

Life is funny , I look back at times and I wonder if I was that same guy that wanted to commit suicide because of poor grades ? cheesy

Share with us in this forum how you develop yourself, the skill sets you acquired, the business you venture into and the mindset you channel on your endeavors.
Thanks. You sound like a courageous fellow.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by ccollins(m): 12:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
here is my WhatsApp 09139209998
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by chymeze: 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
The problem with a lot of people is that they see university education as a means of graduating to look for a job, and that's why they have little hope when they have low degree classes. Your mentality should rather be on how to be a job creator. Great ideas which create wealth doesn't discriminate on the basis of degree awards. As you navigate out of school think of how to create jobs and you'd see how you'd start propelling higher in life and become less frustrated. And yes I understand that the government isn't helping in that they aren't supportive in creating the conducive environment for job creation by the private sector.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
RALPHOW:
From a practical experience, please if you are young (below 30years) , go back to University before serving (NYSC), choose a course of your strength and negotiate with the HOD if you can be admited to 300/200 Level . Study hard and come out with 2/1.
With 3rd class you don't have any bargaining opportunity without connection. As a lady it's an excuse for any stupid man to sleep with you.
Good Luck
Otherwise go and register your own company.
lol, you are deluded. Negotiate with hod?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Galileopapi(m): 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:

Pls include me also, ∅,nine, ∅ three, two, seven, five, ∅∅ six, ∅
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Junior66(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:

I'd like your advice too. Thanks.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Rennerglo: 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
Its all about God's mercies. I graduated with 3rd class but I've never stayed at home since graduation. I worked in the private sector for one year and later got a Government job. My salary is almost 400k.
3rd class is not a death sentence.

PS: I graduated in 2008

11 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Obakoolex(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
If you don't mind me sharing in your vaults too sir porknaira@gmail.com
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Father254: 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:

I really need a good job this 2023. My family is under attack by low income. My marriage may also be affected if no change happens fast.

sirfredchukwu@gmail.com
08167387104 WhatsApp
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
YourNextLevel:
Certificate is trash in this country. The question is who do you know ?

So vote wisely

So those who know Atiku, Obi or Tinubu should vote according to who they know among the 3?
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Junior66(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Slurity:
Except for a very rare cases, if you graduate with 3rd class degree in Nigeria, just go and learn another business or you further your study to get a second degree, my over 10 years of job seeking and helping companies to recruit clearly point to the fact that 3rd class has less than 30% chance of getting invitations for interview and less than 10% chance of beating other competitors, people already form an opinion about them before even hearing them out.

I graduated with 3rd class but just got another degree (2¹) in 2021, I'm still searching for a job though. I will appreciate if you can be of help.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by skondo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by befreemakers: 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
So, let's share our experiences as a 3rd class graduate.
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.

A third class is not the end of life....As à third class student I also have excelled in IT. There are good and highly rated IT certifications. Am outstanding � in cloud technology. Look into Google free course like cloud, digital marketing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC / How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.