Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate (28475 Views)

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / My Experience As A Banker / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by everythinggirly(f): 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
People's grace differ. Is it not the C student that will later employ the A students?
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by SimpleLife23: 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
vowiski:

You can contact me , the mail is active

Sent
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Lemmy123(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
vowiski:

Sure …

Make I go check which email Dey this account self

Chideillemona @ Gmail dot com
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Bambam321(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u
I will also want to learn
here is mine 08103581702
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by juman(m): 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
There are lot of opportunities before you.
Look at how people get money, do the same.
Your education has polished you.
Be determined and hard working.

Jobs your parents engaged in to sponsor you to school is a starting point.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by ezechi242: 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
So, let's share our experiences as a 3rd class graduate.
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.

what did you study and where do you live
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Akpovie021(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Dlapezzi(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
Go and get a skill!, This way you wouldn't have to do interview
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by BOBBYBROWN47(m): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
. This is my whatsapp number 08136923161 I'm in the same situation Sir
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by buzznewsnigeria: 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by blaze83(m): 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,

Use 2023 to learn a tech skill and set yourself up for a great 2024. Tech roles/companies do not care about your class of result or even your degree. This is from experience

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by samwash(m): 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
Third class is not the end of the world.
@op, 15-20 yrs from today, you'll realize that it's not abt grade, it's a matter of what you can do.
Incase if opportunities present it's self either in government or otherwise that is where certificate is needed & they don't mind about the grade so far the certificate is authentic.
Money rules the world, if you have a legit source of income, nobody will come to jail you because you didn't make first class in school.
If only we can drop this papper mentality & focus on job creation, grades don't pay bills but money do.
Incase you are interested in upgrading your third class either in Nigeria or Aboard, I wanted to create a thread on it now, just that am very busy with work now, maybe later so that you will prepare for the task ahead.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Zenderr: 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by InvertedHammer: 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,

/
With the vast amount of resources out there in the world, if you fail to make it in life because of a 3rd class degree, then you are a certified loser. Some people who finished only Secondary school are thriving well. So what's the excuse? First class is not a guarantee for good life either. Your destiny is in your hands.

/
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Kowolab: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
I identify with the debacle called 3rd class , I called it a debacle because of the connotation of disparriage sentiments that is attached to it by individuals who are high fliers . But it is evidently not the end of the road for anyone.
If one intend to go further you can get a pgd form and later master and then onward to phd. Rather than doing a new programe over again. Doing a fresh programe can be demoralizing except for the fun of fulfilling other passion and desired profession outside the initial one. But in all , you can achieve anything despite the 3rd class degree.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by hermesprogidy(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
Slurity:
Except for a very rare cases, if you graduate with 3rd class degree in Nigeria, just go and learn another business or you further your study to get a second degree, my over 10 years of job seeking and helping companies to recruit clearly point to the fact that 3rd class has less than 30% chance of getting invitations for interview and less than 10% chance of beating other competitors, peocple already form an opinion about them before even hearing them out.
I strongly disagree. I am at managerial level where I work and thus heavily involved in shortlisting candidates for interviews. One thing I will tell you that doesn't impress me one bit is what you graduated with. Infact, it's a turn off for me, because I know the length some people go to earn those grades. I am more interested in the relevance of your experience and soft skills.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Laughingkk: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:

Zero eight zeta seven eight eight five foureight one seven
Please am expecting a chat up
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by tyinfinity: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
Peter obi has a pass degree in philosophy

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by dalass(f): 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
martyns303:
It actually doesn’t matter, except you are naturally not smart person. Grade doesn’t matter anymore, I know someone with a pass earning $7k right here in Nigeria.

Please enlighten on what the person does for a living, thanks.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Moscoprof(m): 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2023
I have never personally submitted my CV…

It’s a mindset I had from 100L and it’s over 10 years after school; I am wealthier than most of my lecturers and classmates who had better grades.

At times , Failure brings out the beast in you.

That you had a 3rd class means you are not good in that area. In other areas of life , you will be amazed at your potentials. Even a first class will be an understatement.

I can’t imagine living on 250k a month salary with no freedom.

I have been at home enjoying my life since Dec 23, with zero financial pressure.. Till I get back to work in 2 weeks time.

You should get angry..

Life is funny , I look back at times and I wonder if I was that same guy that wanted to commit suicide because of poor grades ? cheesy [/quote]

please share your experience and what you did cos living with a salary below 80k is not easy for a family man like me.. here is my whatsapp number 08035584750... please would be waiting to hear from you.. thanks
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Moscoprof(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
please share your experience and what you did cos living with a salary below 80k is not easy for a family man like me.. here is my whatsapp number 08035584750... please would be waiting to hear from you.. thanks
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Moscoprof(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
Please share your experience and what you did cos living with a salary below 80k is not easy for a family man like me.. Abeg ooo dis year i want to give my family the best ..Here is my whatsapp number 08035584750... please would be waiting to hear from you.. thanks[b][/b]
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by learning22: 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
vowiski:

The thing is.. Growing up, I always wanted to be a geek but dad wanted something else. He wanted me to become a medical doctor…

Unfortunately , I go admitted into Microbiology. You won’t believe I used to admire my guys in computer science and just go through their text books once once .. cheesy

Once I opened my Microbiology text books and saw those crappy bacteria and virus , all my body will start itching me..

I just could not read or study, going to the lab was a major turn off for me. Like it was mad ..

I just said this is not for me, I will manage and complete it, though very frustrating expecially seeing your life being ruined by parent.

I forgave him in 2012, because as I grew older I realized he wanted the best for me but in a wrong way.

So basically in the midst of suicidal thought, I started attending a Church when my life was done with. Not a deliverance ministry cheesy but a word-activated ministry where my mind was opened. My pastor said one thing that I will never forget ,” if you fail, take responsibility. Don’t blame people for your failure , otherwise you will always be miserable”

That was the quote that change my life forever. I felt the Pastor was just talking to me. I needed to make moves, and because of my moral upbringing , fraud or yahoo was not an option for me.

So I started life again , learned web design , learned graphics , learned small bit of programming before running away �..

Started blogging , started earning , then moved to e-commerce and all that..

It’s been a long journey and I won’t lie that it was easy. There were ups and down , but you know what? There is no witch that can stop a determined person.

At the end of the day, it’s not your certificate that makes you less. Nobody can actually make you inferior without your permission.

Good evening.

Please can we discuss?
Thanks
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by nelsonose: 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Slurity:
Except for a very rare cases, if you graduate with 3rd class degree in Nigeria, just go and learn another business or you further your study to get a second degree, my over 10 years of job seeking and helping companies to recruit clearly point to the fact that 3rd class has less than 30% chance of getting invitations for interview and less than 10% chance of beating other competitors, people already form an opinion about them before even hearing them out.

Your views are valid. With 3rd class degree, society will hardly give you an opportunity to prove your worth. However, this opens the candidate's mind to reality. In that wise, a serious minded persons goes back to the University for a 3-year course via direct entry more purposefully to grab a 2.1 degree thus remedy his 3rd class challenges for life.
Going back to the University may not be easy, but it is still a lot better than carrying the albatross of a 3rd class for life.
Obtaining higher degrees seem good but this may not be a perfect remedy for a 3rd class degree as first degree majorly form basis for the evaluation of candidates for many jobs in Nigeria today.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Slurity(m): 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
hermesprogidy:

I strongly disagree. I am at managerial level where I work and thus heavily involved in shortlisting candidates for interviews. One thing I will tell you that doesn't impress me one bit is what you graduated with. Infact, it's a turn off for me, because I know the length some people go to earn those grades. I am more interested in the relevance of your experience and soft skills.
You have a valid point, but I want to believe you are one of the few people that look beyond class of certificates and also you are probably in an industry where better degree or has the obligation of recruiting only the best apart from long leg. Check why banks, telecommunications companies, oil companies, IT e.t.c always want minimum of upper credit and about. This is simply because, there is school of taught that believe that those with better grades are more teachable, quicker to learn and likely more discipline. Most recruiters knew that there are many that has all these characteristics in lower grades but they are fewer. The main idea now is why do you want to go and fish in a river that has less fish when you have a river with plenty fish?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by captaininiobong(m): 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by yinkbell: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2023
vowiski:

The thing is.. Growing up, I always wanted to be a geek but dad wanted something else. He wanted me to become a medical doctor…

Unfortunately , I go admitted into Microbiology. You won’t believe I used to admire my guys in computer science and just go through their text books once once .. cheesy

Once I opened my Microbiology text books and saw those crappy bacteria and virus , all my body will start itching me..

I just could not read or study, going to the lab was a major turn off for me. Like it was mad ..

I just said this is not for me, I will manage and complete it, though very frustrating expecially seeing your life being ruined by parent.

I forgave him in 2012, because as I grew older I realized he wanted the best for me but in a wrong way.

So basically in the midst of suicidal thought, I started attending a Church when my life was done with. Not a deliverance ministry cheesy but a word-activated ministry where my mind was opened. My pastor said one thing that I will never forget ,” if you fail, take responsibility. Don’t blame people for your failure , otherwise you will always be miserable”

That was the quote that change my life forever. I felt the Pastor was just talking to me. I needed to make moves, and because of my moral upbringing , fraud or yahoo was not an option for me.

So I started life again , learned web design , learned graphics , learned small bit of programming before running away �..

Started blogging , started earning , then moved to e-commerce and all that..

It’s been a long journey and I won’t lie that it was easy. There were ups and down , but you know what? There is no witch that can stop a determined person.

At the end of the day, it’s not your certificate that makes you less. Nobody can actually make you inferior without your permission.

At the bolded got me laughing.
Can I send a PM? Just want to make a private enquiry.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by tosin4lyf: 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
I also finished with 3rd class. 08060803284
ericmaestro:
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Monaboo(m): 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
While in school, u and ur unserious friends would be saying "school na scam....school na scam. When we finish, we go rough am. Las las na connection".

99.9 % of job advert states

B.Sc Degree. Minimum of 2.2.

Period.

Even your "connection" will be disappointed after seeing your 3rd class certificate.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Lehksyen4life(m): 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:

Please, I would like to know how to get a good job too. Here is my whatsapp number 08165843790
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by hermesprogidy(m): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
Slurity:
You have a valid point, but I want to believe you are one of the few people that look beyond class of certificates and also you are probably in an industry where better degree or has the obligation of recruiting only the best apart from long leg. Check why banks, telecommunications companies, oil companies, IT e.t.c always want minimum of upper credit and about. This is simply because, there is school of taught that believe that those with better grades are more teachable, quicker to learn and likely more discipline. Most recruiters knew that there are many that has all these characteristics in lower grades but they are fewer. The main idea now is why do you want to go and fish in a river that has less fish when you have a river with plenty fish?
You have a point because I work for an American organization and the last thing they consider is your class of graduation, so I guess organizational culture plays a part. I guess why the aforementioned industries go the route you mentioned is because of the large volume of applications they will get if the exclusion criteria is removed. But shouldn't the point of recruiting be to pick the best candidate for the position advertised?
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by hermesprogidy(m): 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Monaboo:
While in school, u and ur unserious friends would be saying "school na scam....school na scam. When we finish, we go rough am. Las las na connection".

99.9 % of job advert states

B.Sc Degree. Minimum of 2.2.

Period.

Even your "connection" will be disappointed after seeing your 3rd class certificate.

Lol... True in some cases, but there are a myriad of reasons why people graduate with poor grades.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? / Talent Is Better Than Education / Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.