Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate (28397 Views)

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / My Experience As A Banker / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Hagiazomakai: 10:59am On Jan 05, 2023
Here's my whatsapp contact too
0807:::5188560

Kindly message me too sir
Thanks

ericmaestro:
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by AGIDIMA1(m): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by sulaak(m): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
So, let's share our experiences as a 3rd class graduate.
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.

What have you done to improve your 3rd Class degree?

There are many reasons to get a third-class degree, health problems, late development, too much fun and the wrong degree ..etc.

The solution is always to add new value to your degree, such as taking an extra online course, a post-graduate certificate, part-time work, or professional certification, volunteering for an NGO, or teaching.

This will add more character to your application and focus the interview on you learning from your 3rd class degree.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Odebayo4010(m): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:

Please share it here
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Aremson14(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2023
My own small advice is come down to reality. 3rd class puts u at a disadvantaged position. So many 1st class and the likes are also in a similar situation because of they depend too much on certificate.

Your advantage is you accept reality on time. Learn a skill, tech, farming and the likes. Try as much as possible to be excellent at it. Hustle to get little cash, plan and Implement.

People who invest in skills and exceptional at it are much more satisfied compared to those who rely on certificate in life. This is only the beginning of your life, don't let some certificate define you.

And finally be patient. God see us through

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by SugarGirl44(f): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2023
Some of us can’t relate, over to obi and his obidences.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by sparrowg: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by tishbite42: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2023
HRprof:

Keep hope alive and don’t let ordinary certificate discourage your ambition. Many renowned persons come out with 3rd class but they didn’t stop there or allow grade stop them from becoming who they want to be example Wale shoyinka .
Meanwhile, in this world of technology, certification doesn’t matter anymore what matters is your skill what you can do not what you have on a paper. If you don’t have skills get one now.
My 2 cents
Wole Soyinka never graduated with third class
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Osehpaul(m): 11:06am On Jan 05, 2023
Kindly share with me too on 08036735136
ericmaestro:
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Entanglement: 11:08am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.
well my advise to you is to switch to education courses by doing pgd or what they called it and advance to master,
With this you can use it to Japa this shithole of a country embarassed
Stop thinking inside the box(Nigeria) think outside the box (abroad country)

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Diligent1(f): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The two I have been privileged to know no try at all. Till date, my perception of 3rd class holders draws from those guys. If you can, please avoid having a poor gtade from the university. It casts you as unserious for life.

Bad company,indiscipline, misplacement of priority, social media and smart phone addiction are huge contributors to having poor grades by many from what I found out after comparing them to 1st class holders wink
Not all, some lecturers, if you did not buy their text books, they will not mark your assignments which also affect the grades.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Alexbio: 11:10am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,

Just be optimistic and develop yourself in every area of your passion. Very importantly, don't allow anyone talk you into wrong cause in life. Belief in yourself, because even if you are first class graduate you should never doubt yourself.
By the way, I'm a 2.1 graduate (no offer of employment yet) but I realized the idea of getting job is not best way to exit poverty but self development beyond four walls of the University, this would give you an edge among your fellow peers. We are a system that encourage people across boards to endure not to survive. Be flexible and create a quality relationship significant to your personal growth, never compare yourself to anyone, this is very dangerous because you can never become anyone else but yourself. Focus more in business ideas that resonate with your passion and not making money, so that once money comes either through job or so you will be a to create wealth for financial freedom.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Demolakay: 11:10am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Shifakendrick: 11:10am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
This is my WhatsApp number too 08149347736

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Exceed15: 11:11am On Jan 05, 2023
It's not about the class , it's about meeting the people that matters.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by tishbite42: 11:11am On Jan 05, 2023
TheChameleon:
Shebi Peter Obi is one and he's the best Biafuro can offer.

They even insult Soludo a 1st Class because of him.

Not all hope is lost for a 3rd Class
grin grin grin
You're irredeemable
PO is 2'2.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Elidrisy20: 11:12am On Jan 05, 2023
Forget about class of degree, dispute the challenges focus on the future, experience new things, like farming, business, e.t.c

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by hernandson(m): 11:17am On Jan 05, 2023
HRprof:

Keep hope alive and don’t let ordinary certificate discourage your ambition. Many renowned persons come out with 3rd class but they didn’t stop there or allow grade stop them from becoming who they want to be example Wale shoyinka .
Meanwhile, in this world of technology, certification doesn’t matter anymore what matters is your skill what you can do not what you have on a paper. If you don’t have skills get one now.
My 2 cents
Lol stop saying soyinka came out with third class. Man came out with 2:1 from University of Ibadan
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Clement01234: 11:19am On Jan 05, 2023
Please my what apps number also is 07039414958
Do not let this opportunity pass me by
ericmaestro:
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Bluntemperor: 11:21am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:

God bless you brother!
This Indomie generation must learn that life is not the same level!
Chief Gani Fawehinmi - the erudite Lawyer( now deceased) came out of Ile-Ife with this kind of certificate but made life out of it and was one of the Nigerian best Practising Lawyers then and even have Weekly -Law Review,to add to his achievements!
Please, keep moving,for its not the Certificate but what you do with it!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Lemmy123(m): 11:24am On Jan 05, 2023
vowiski:
Get a skill…

I have never personally submitted my CV…

It’s a mindset I had from 100L and it’s over 10 years after school; I am wealthier than most of my lecturers and classmates who had better grades.

At times , Failure brings out the beast in you.

That you had a 3rd class means you are not good in that area, in other areas of life , you will be amazed at your potentials. Even a first class will be an understatement.

I can’t imagine living on 250k a month salary with no freedom.

I have been at home enjoying my life since Dec 23, with zero financial pressure.. Till I get back to work in 2 weeks time.

You should get angry..

Life is funny , I look back at times and I wonder if I was that same guy that wanted to commit suicide because of poor grades ? cheesy
I particularly like your post. If it doesn't spur the op into action, then I wonder what will.

By the way, can I send you a mail so we could have a conversation? Thanks
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by vickydevoka(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
I think most third class n second class upper do more better outside school
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by vickydevoka(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
I think most third class n second class upper do more better upon graduation
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by dayotheone(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2023
[quote author=Kelvindate post=119605442][/quote] 08066589188
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by mofresh(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2023
[center][it's was tough for me but with time I understand how the system works and I adapt and I engaged myself in some skill fully activities..here I'm now surviving..]
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by pikechukwu6(m): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2023
OP take this question to Dangote, Buhari, Jeff Benzon, etc. They will tell how to go about it... cool cool
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:31am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
e-motivator alert!
grin

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by riverbird: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2023
Learn a skill, if possible learn truck driving then use it to secure any driving position in any shipping company(terminal) and push on from there.....I know so many people who are crane operators in different terminals who did not even attend any university but Thier take home monthly is from 250k to 500k all thanks to driving skills.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by LegalWolf: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2023
[quote author=Kelvindate post=119605442][/quote]

Brother please be very careful when sharing your personal email or phone numbers on public fora. Some opportunists may use that as an avenue to scam you. Watch out for unsolicited texts and messages coming your way. By the special grace of Almighty God, you will find a job that will pay you well and you will live happy henceforth.

I know words of encouragement may not even help. But what else can we do? As may have said on this platform, keep hope alive!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by zomby(m): 11:33am On Jan 05, 2023
What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate?

This is a very good question for Peter Obi.

The last time I checked, 3rd class graduates are mostly restaurant and shopping mall security guards.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by MVLOX(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2023
It's great... Even before graduation I already knew I wasn't going to use my certificate. Infact I have even collected it yet... Glory to God I hustle like a man and take care of my wife and 2 sons....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria / Unpaid Daar Communication Workers Halt Operations(photo) / Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.