Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate (28507 Views)

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / My Experience As A Banker / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by freeze105: 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Shikena(m): 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
Interesting convo. Arguably the most successful guy so far in my immediate circle graduated with a 3rd class though we all know he was no 2nd or 3rd class brain. University environment was just too distracting to him in his words and he was also supporting his siblings while in school. He was raising money tutoring high school kids because his family was not that buoyant. He ran into issues with several lecturers too and they showed him hell.

Today, guy is huge in IT in the US with lots of investments in Nigeria. He said he did not even add any other degree to his degree. He just worked his way up with certifications and started with a tech support job.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Exclusivewriite: 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hell razor!!!!
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by MrBroke(m): 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
You guys just can't break out of the system, the only significant paper on earth is money, your certificate is nothing so don't feel cheated or blame the government for no jobs available. Go learn a Skill, start a business no matter how small, or render a service. Certificate is a piece of trash cause 80% of holders are not even worth it and its just a recognition paper for learning or may be performance and not a job giver or a money maker.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Juanmike(m): 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u
0703one564two2six
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Shikena(m): 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2023
MrBroke:
You guys just can't break out of the system, the only significant paper on earth is money, your certificate is nothing so don't feel cheated or blame the government for no jobs available. Go learn a Skill, start a business no matter how small, or render a service. Certificate is a piece of trash cause 80% of holders are not even worth it and its just a recognition paper for learning or may be performance and not a job giver or a money maker.
Thank you. That's the point. Job is not an entitlement that comes with a certificate. The goal of your certificate is to equip you with more structured knowledge about a specific field. What you make of it is up to you.

My classmate mentioned earlier was already making money while in school to support his family simply by hustling to find responsible parents with extra cash to provide one on one special classes for their children. Words soon spread about his honesty, diligence, and brilliance so his mini business kept growing. He got a 3rd class but he was already a good hustler and entrepreneur.

When an opportunity came to move to the US, he never borrowed a dime. He sold a land he bought as a hustling student and added his savings. He already know what he needed to do in the US. Life is not about paper qualifications, those are just to aid you.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by TheGift: 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
So, let's share our experiences as a 3rd class graduate.
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.

Your biggest problem is that you have labeled yourself a third class graduate. And you are seeing everything through that prism.

If you are wise, you will learn to prioritize your internal GP over some score given to you by some random Nigerian University.

I have many third class friends who are at the top of their careers now. After a while you will realize, what people care about is what you can do, not what that piece of paper says.

Focus on developing yourself in an area that you have a passion for, some talent in and for which there is market demand. And you will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by NohurryInLife: 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2023
Undefeatable22:
I have a 3rd Class in Law and I am a Barrister at Law. It is still a tough and thorough battle getting it right brother. I hope you can show me the rope too.

Brother, you see that legal profession for new wig lawyers ehn, it's a big and total waste of destiny. How would you explain lawyers earning 30 to 40k monthly at Chambers?? With everything wey man study for school??

Lawyers go komot Uni and law school go start Bolt, Uber & other side hustles (Clean,dirty,untidy & unkempt)

Even with 1st class, 2.1 & 2.2, you go still suffer as a new wig lawyer in Nigeria. Big suffering o (Iyalaya Iya)

When you wan make am 4 life with 30 to 40k salary??

I no fit advice my worst enemy to study LAW

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by citizennaija: 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by festyese: 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
Check MTN site for job opening. MTN is a world class company that accept third class and HND...

dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by hazandino(m): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
pls kindly share wit me oh +2348135671994
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by AbuLameen: 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
Do not worry about your grade, just don't give up. After my NYSC I've, I was employed with the Federal Government and my salary is about 120+ with my third class. How many jobless 2;1 and first class graduate do we have in this country. And how many 2.1 and first class graduates are submitting their CVS in my organization. My brother don't get discouraged pls.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by SimpleLife23: 12:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
ufotty2001:
Graduated with 2.1 but I don't where I kept my certificate. Have to enter the street and look for something doing.. now am doing far better than were I was when when I was working as an employee. Make times 50 of what I was doing when I was working

Bro.. What are you currently doing?

Just quitted my job due to some things and I really want to enter street and find sumtin

Any help sir

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Undefeatable22: 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
Imagine!!!

NohurryInLife:

Brother, you see that legal profession for new wig lawyers ehn, it's a big and total waste of destiny. How would you explain lawyers earning 30 to 40k monthly at Chambers?? With everything wey man study for school??

Lawyers go komot Uni and law school go start Bolt, Uber & other side hustles (Clean,dirty,untidy & unkempt)

Even with 1st class, 2.1 & 2.2, you go still suffer as a new wig lawyer in Nigeria. Big suffering o (Iyalaya Iya)

When you wan make am 4 life with 30 to 40k salary??

I no fit advice my worst enemy to study LAW
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Thermodynamics(m): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,

Stop searching for a job, last last how much them wan even pay? Most jobs in Nigeria these days pay around 100k.
Open a business or learn a skill like phone repair, with phone repair you could be making up to 500k/month, I have friends of mind who make up to that per month, some even make above that in computer village.

If you're not in Lagos, there is always a place that look like computer village in every state.

At the end of the day, you'll be richer than those with first class, the only place white collar job pays well a bit is outside Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by FreeStuffsNG: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
Diligent1:
Not all, some lecturers, if you did not buy their text books, they will not mark your assignments which also affect the grades.
For a bright hardworking student, he or she will not end up in such school where marks are awarded based on such low and lazy criteria. I am not referring to students from such glorified secondary schools with lazy and hungry corrupt lecturers.

Most of those idlying away on nl ended in such schools by choice of misplacement of their life priority so missed admission in the top schools.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by SimpleLife23: 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
Diligent1:
Not all, some lecturers, if you did not buy their text books, they will not mark your assignments which also affect the grades.

Sorry this is no excuse.. I schooled at Ilaro and Bayero University and I must tell u what we faced cos of text book yet I rarely buy..

All I just do is to make sure I read well.. So it will cover up for my text book wey I no buy and God really helped me
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by jamace(m): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
zomby:
What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate?

This is a very good question for Peter Obi.

The last time I checked, 3rd class graduates are mostly restaurant and shopping mall security guards.
Some of you have been so brainwashed with lies by Tinubu urchins that you are no longer able to unlearn the garbage. Pls, learn here now that Peter Obi got a 2:2 Degree Certificate. Pls, help educate your fellow brainwashed urchins.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by SimpleLife23: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
Rennerglo:
Its all about God's mercies. I graduated with 3rd class but I've never stayed at home since graduation. I worked in the private sector for one year and later got a Government job. My salary is almost 400k.
3rd class is not a death sentence.

PS: I graduated in 2008

Master... How can I get a govt job too sir.. Pls
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by SimpleLife23: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
AbuLameen:
Do not worry about your grade, just don't give up. After my NYSC I've, I was employed with the Federal Government and my salary is about 120+ with my third class. How many jobless 2;1 and first class graduate do we have in this country. And how many 2.1 and first class graduates are submitting their CVS in my organization. My brother don't get discouraged pls.

How can I get a job with federal govt pls
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Ukemson001: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
I don't won't write a long story because of what I'm going through now because I had third class. I will appreciate anything that will give me hope make depression no kill me. Thanks in anticipation.

ericmaestro:
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Aguiyimba(m): 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
I drop it for house go learn handwork. Thank God for his Mercy

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by monerozi5590: 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
Rennerglo:
Its all about God's mercies. I graduated with 3rd class but I've never stayed at home since graduation. I worked in the private sector for one year and later got a Government job. My salary is almost 400k.
3rd class is not a death sentence.

PS: I graduated in 2008

400k! Government job? Wow!
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Diligent1(f): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
SimpleLife23:

Sorry this is no excuse.. I schooled at Ilaro and Bayero University and I must tell u what we faced cos of text book yet I rarely buy..

All I just do is to make sure I read well.. So it will cover up for my text book wey I no buy and God really helped me
In my school, some lecturers will not accept your assignments if you did not buy their text books, they will tell " don't bother to submit your assignment if you did not buy my textbook"

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Eagba(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
Entanglement:
well my advise to you is to switch to education courses by doing pgd or what they called it and advance to master,
With this you can use it to Japa this shithole of a country embarassed
Stop thinking inside the box(Nigeria) think outside the box (abroad country)
you're still thinking inside the box
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by AgentGoat: 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:

Share it here make all of us learn too
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by djkirkoo2(m): 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
here's my email: djkirkoo2@gmail.com
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by TheGiftedOne(m): 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hahaha!!! This OP has been left behind. Go get an online certificate that will get you a job real fast. We're in a world where solving real life problems with our skills matters not those classroom garbage our ego riddled lecturers bombard us with.

Young boys are doing things with Fintech skills you dey talk about one dirty paper from higher institutions?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by monerozi5590: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
SimpleLife23:

Bro.. What are you currently doing?

Just quitted my job due to some things and I really want to enter street and find sumtin

Any help sir

grin grin grin. You think he will answer you? Ask yourself, watin d street apart from what you already know.

I even see some people dropping numbers and all of that. You people should be careful.

You shouldn't have quit you job without having plan B.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Diligent1(f): 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

For a bright hardworking student, he or she will not end up in such school where marks are awarded based on such low and lazy criteria. I am not referring to students from such glorified secondary schools with lazy and hungry corrupt lecturers.

Most of those idlying away on nl ended in such schools by choice of misplacement of their life priority so missed admission in the top schools.
From what you have been posting so far, I can see that you were one of the bright hard-working students from one of the best universities Nigeria.
Continue deceiving yourself

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by DearGorgeous(f): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,

In a career submit I attended sometime ago, the moderator told us a story about himself, and as at then, he was a big shot in the banking industry. I don't know of now.

He said he passed out of the University with a Third Class. We were all taken aback when he said that because we know that banks usually advertise for students with 2.1 and above.

He said it was when he got his final result that it dawned on him that he was in on a long ride, so what he did was, instead of looking for a job, he rather enrolled immediately for his Masters. And as God would have it, the advert he was seeing would always look like this:

1. B. Sc. with Second Class Honour
2. B. Sc. with minimum of Second Class Lower
3. B. Sc. Third Class with Masters Degree in any discipline.
4. B. Sc. Third Class with MBA, etc.

That was how he got his first well paid job with addition to his Masters Degree. After working for sometime in the organization, he switched over to the bank (because his focus has always been in the bank) as an experienced hire.

So as at the time he invited us for the career submit, bro was already loud in the bank, with additional Masters, one MSc. and MBA.

Another lesson I learned from him that day was when he told us that he uses his car for Uber early in the morning when going to work, late in the evening when he closes from work and on Saturdays. His Sundays were for God and his family.

Omo, if you see his ride, ehen? Yet he was using it for part time Uber. Said his salary was for major projects and the money he realizes from Uber for daily expenses of the house.

So dear, Op, why not take a clue from the story above and see what happens next?

I wish you and all others divine speed and divine direction. See, you have no reason to lag behind this year, ok?

Happy New Year.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Talent Is Better Than Education / Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients / How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.