Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate (28473 Views)

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / My Experience As A Banker / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by arejibadz(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2023
learn a skill bro
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by chaliceGodson(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
So, let's share our experiences as a 3rd class graduate.
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.

I finished with 2.2 yet life doesn't seem fairer. I live like a fugitive don't have a house � of own

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by sircatherine45(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2023
[quote author=Kelvindate post=119605442][/quote]

If your family insults you because you graduated with a 3'1, just ignore them, avoid any contact with them, dust yourself up and forge ahead. You'll make it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by pyyxxaro: 10:40am On Jan 05, 2023
My guy graduated with 3rd some years back , he almost went mad kiss

Omoor naim the guy vex enter I.T , that guy na bros na , making so much money right now ..

Don’t give up in an circumstance you find yourself

10 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by alyarmouk(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2023
Have been employed since after I graduated in 08 with a 3rd. Wowd in the interview n have a friend in HR.
Apply for a pgd if you have the funds or turn to agriculture.
Country hard for even 2.1 and 1st class

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by ufotty2001: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2023
Graduated with 2.1 but I don't where I kept my certificate. Have to enter the street and look for something doing.. now am doing far better than were I was when when I was working as an employee. Make times 50 of what I was doing when I was working

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Centcanada: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u
ezeinnocentcanada@gmail.com.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by sircatherine45(m): 10:42am On Jan 05, 2023
Age is never a factor. Put that at the back of your mind.

The biggest room in the world is to quit your room to buy a house with the biggest room.

FOCUS
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Latakia(f): 10:42am On Jan 05, 2023
Only Naanu can answer your question. I was told he bagged a Third Class in Philosophy of GCE as stated by INEC portal grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Batson22: 10:42am On Jan 05, 2023
Can you tell us example of some good digital skilllearn a skill bro[/quote]
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Firstclick: 10:43am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Panasonic101: 10:43am On Jan 05, 2023
Sammy07:
You're 2.1 like this comment wink

Wetin you don use am do?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by sircatherine45(m): 10:43am On Jan 05, 2023
chaliceGodson:

I finished with 2.2 yet life doesn't seem fairer. I live like a fugitive don't have a house � of own

Same with me. Finished with a 2'2, but the opportunities I dey get, I no sure say I go get am with my certificate. No need to cry, dust yourself up and forge ahead.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by house10studios: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2023
I did master to cover it up at university of Mumbai.

Thanks to buhari wen I came back people were getting fired.

Should have used the money to start a pure water business

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Slurity(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2023
YourNextLevel:
Certificate is trash in this country. The question is who do you know ?

So vote wisely
that is why we are voting for result and goal getter, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Dafemsunky: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2023
I av 3rd class in school but outside I av first class mentality......don't let ordinary paper define ur future.......I learn chemist for a year after service......now I av 5 staffs working for me...

13 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by FreeStuffsNG: 10:45am On Jan 05, 2023
The two I have been privileged to know no try at all. Till date, my perception of 3rd class holders draws from those guys. If you can, please avoid having a poor gtade from the university. It casts you as unserious for life.

Bad company,indiscipline, misplacement of priority, social media and smart phone addiction are huge contributors to having poor grades by many from what I found out after comparing them to 1st class holders wink

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by davefieldpop(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2023
I'm a third class graduate, according to people opinion it felt as if I wasted my years in school when I graduated. I work for one of the federal government agencies now.
Government rarely discriminates class of degree.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by HomoSapiien: 10:46am On Jan 05, 2023
Even with a 2.1, we still sue rough am. Lol
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Neddyogu(m): 10:48am On Jan 05, 2023
1. U could repeat first degree via direct entry
2. U could go learn a marketable skill
3. U can do any freaking thing that catches your fancy!!! Don’t cage urself by what a piece of paper says. Peace!

8 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by sammirano: 10:49am On Jan 05, 2023
grin
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by RALPHOW(m): 10:50am On Jan 05, 2023
From a practical experience, please if you are young (below 30years) , go back to University before serving (NYSC), choose a course of your strength and negotiate with the HOD if you can be admited to 300/200 Level . Study hard and come out with 2/1.
With 3rd class you don't have any bargaining opportunity without connection. As a lady it's an excuse for any stupid man to sleep with you.
Good Luck
Otherwise go and register your own company.

14 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Snakedoctor1: 10:53am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
Am in my late 20's

You are pretty young. Further steps would depend on the circumstances that made you bag a third.

Are you brilliant and you were not out of woods in college, without help? If yes, study, take gre and apply for graduate degree. With good gre score you can even get an ivy league.
If you are not able to take gre, there are remedial courses in some graduate courses; tell your story in your statement of purpose and apply. You will be considered. There are also community colleges that will jump at your grade. A little efforts and you are finishing strong.

NOTE: if the 3rd is because of your intellectual deficiency (you are the only one that knows the truth), don't waste your time, look for some skills or start a business. This is still very good as you could count your millions before long an still live a life better than some professors our here.

There is no end to anything; young people do not understand most of the time.
I have counselled a lot of young people as a university teacher. I have never crucified any student for being intellectually deficient. You only need to be proactive. Some of them are doing well in business and presently touring all countries.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Mishydoo(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2023
OP no vex o, i want to understand something. What were you doing in four years that you came out with a 3rd Class?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Bryan88(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
oga share them here...3rd class plenty for here.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Sammy07: 10:54am On Jan 05, 2023
Panasonic101:

Wetin you don use am do?

To make money
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by TheChameleon: 10:55am On Jan 05, 2023
Shebi Peter Obi is one and he's the best Biafuro can offer.

They even insult Soludo a 1st Class because of him.

Not all hope is lost for a 3rd Class

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Father4all: 10:55am On Jan 05, 2023
Please, we should stop depending on our certificate in this country. Certificate is one of our problems.
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
So, let's share our experiences as a 3rd class graduate.
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.
Graduated with third class in biochemistry now currently working in a pharmaceutical company. What matters is how you can up your game and build up your skills and ability to adapt with the company trend, most companies are not looking for those with nice grade but people with high pace of work and skills that can make them achieve their purpose, if you can convince them on that during interview with well detailed explanation about yourself quote me they will contact you for the job

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by door2(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2023
ericmaestro:
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by vowiski(m): 10:58am On Jan 05, 2023
Get a skill…

I have never personally submitted my CV…

It’s a mindset I had from 100L and it’s over 10 years after school; I am wealthier than most of my lecturers and classmates who had better grades.

At times , Failure brings out the beast in you.

That you had a 3rd class means you are not good in that area. In other areas of life , you will be amazed at your potentials. Even a first class will be an understatement.

I can’t imagine living on 250k a month salary with no freedom.

I have been at home enjoying my life since Dec 23, with zero financial pressure.. Till I get back to work in 2 weeks time.

You should get angry..

Life is funny , I look back at times and I wonder if I was that same guy that wanted to commit suicide because of poor grades ? cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Undefeatable22: 10:58am On Jan 05, 2023
I have a 3rd Class in Law and I am a Barrister at Law. It is still a tough and thorough battle getting it right brother. I hope you can show me the rope too.

ericmaestro:

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? / Talent Is Better Than Education / Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.