Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,898 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu (26111 Views)

Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu / Nigerians Are Not Lazy, Have No Reason To Be Poor – Tinubu / Funke Olakunrin Died Serving The Poor - Tinubu [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Sammy5413(m): 10:13am On Jan 02, 2023
But it's removal will favour the poor right? Please you people should stop giving this man audience, somebody should take that mic from him!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by yahoodetector: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Some people would almost kill Tinubu if they can

Two things Tinubu said that would upset many

#Nigeria would remove subsidy by force

#Nigeria would generate electricity with Coal as Global warming isn't our business but cheap power( we have coal in abundance in Enugu and Kogi)

Obasanjo in his letter said Obi was like a Needle with a thread...

Even Obasanjo knows nobody can control Tinubu he has no thread

To the people blaming Tinubu for Occupy Nigeria protest of 2012

*Verified facts

-Tinubu didn't start or organize Occupy Nigeria

-NLC and TUC Started Occupy Nigeria

-Many Politicians participated from CPC, ACN and APGA

-Tinubu's argument was that Nigeria had no Refinery unlike now that Dangote Refinery is 97% completed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Nigeria#:~:text=Occupy%20Nigeria%20was%20a%20socio,on%20Sunday%2C%201%20January%202012.

Global warming is not our concern in Nigeria you say? undecided

This right here is a very good reason why he will never be President.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by CheapHomes1: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2023
Moh247:

Seun Nlfpmod dominique Obinoscopy

This is new year please this are the people derailing threads and provoking people

Is it a must he qoutes me this morning

how does that negate the fact that the same tinubu who opposed removal of subsidy under jonathan is promising to remove subsidy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Echoban: 10:14am On Jan 02, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
This man.
I doubt if he will survive what awaits him

Those who can't accept the pain of defeat don't do Politics. Although he is use to winning. If he lost presidency, then that will b his first . And if be wins, he will become one of the greatest politician in the country. Let's keep watching the game.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Moh247: 10:14am On Jan 02, 2023
yahoodetector:

Global warming is not our concern in Nigeria you say? undecided

This right here is a very good reason why he will never be President.

How many world power have truly cut emissions and gone green

Why should Africa not use Coal because of global warming while America and China uses it

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Angelfrost(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2023
You realized this common sense thing after 20 years of opposing those who wanted to remove it!

What a leader!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by donbrowser(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2023
SLAP44:

Buharri also promised same and Tinubu advised him not to.

Where did Tinubu advice Buhari not to remove subsidy?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Doyou2019: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2023
dominique:
Tinubu can be blunt sha

Blunt abi discourteous and reckless?
Talks 'at' the masses as though he is speaking to his grandkids at home.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by CheapHomes1: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2023
Moh247:

Seun Nlfpmod dominique Obinoscopy

This is new year please this are the people derailing threads and provoking people

Is it a must he qoutes me this morning

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by NuruDiddy: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2023
Omoyoruba101:
Recently I was asked about fuel subsidy removal, and I said I will ensure we end the wastage and re-channel the money to the people who truly need it. This is one position that almost all the candidates are united about. We all agreed that the subsidy regime is abused and it favours the rich more than the poor. It has to go.

Mr. Tinubu you knew all these but you fought Jonathan government with everything be it media houses, Agboro... you Tinubu personally made Jonathan from the south south lost 2015 election to buhari.

Don't mind the dementia patient

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Sammy5413(m): 10:16am On Jan 02, 2023
Tinubu should stop commenting on fuel and it's subsidy, let him concentrate on generating electricity for roasting a damn CORN �
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2023
nedu666:

because kero without subsidy is 800
because diesel without subsidy is now 820
because gas without govt intervention is 800 per kg
How much do u think fuel without subsidy will be.
Nigerians can't afford to buy fuel at 800 a litre

Thank you for answering on cheaphomes behalf.

In response, keeping subsidy drives up the budget deficit meaning we have to borrow more.

Also it discourages investment in new refineries

And we lose billions to smuggling of fuel

That is why it has to go
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 02, 2023
CheapHomes1:

why are you finding it difficult answering these questions.

why should subsidy be removed?

which one have they been removing since?

how much subsidy has been removed and how is left to be removed?

K.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by GloriousGbola: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2023
Hmm

The man has missed this one

Okada riders, danfo drivers, mama put, barber, small business, car wash, soft drink seller, mini supermarket - they all run on small gen that runs on subsidied petrol.

I buy water (tanker) and it has risen from 2k to 5k per load because they run on diesel. Now imagine what will happen with petrol.

Ordinary okada has doubled now.

The man has missed this one. Until energy is sorted out, removing subsidy will impact alot of micro businesses and smes

In fact more than a few businesses have transitioned from diesel gen to petrol gen
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Bulletproofgt: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2023
Trust no politician. This was the fool who organised a protest with his party when Jonathan removed the subsidy he's currently yapping about....

It's now he realizes that he was an idiot back then... or is he a hypocrite now

Tinubu should be in old people's home chanting Bulabu balaba and not Aso Rock

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by unclejb2(m): 10:18am On Jan 02, 2023
But you protested against subsidy removal in 2012....

This daft man thinks we are all urchins

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by tete7000(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2023
Throwback:

You wanted them to let Jonathan remove the subsidy and then use the dollars saved to fund his re-election with more Dasuki funds channeled through Peter Obi's Fidelity Bank?

Did the Jonathan regime show any preparation to cushion the effect of the removal?

You guys are so daft in defending stupidity. I wish this gilberrish you wtote there was the same thing your apc told people for opposing subsidy removal. No sense, they just open their mouths all the time to excuse and explain off their failure.
I always say that apc must not be allowed to remove subsidy except they first admit they deceived people and are willing to tender public apology. What a set of hypocrites and bigots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Bromax: 10:19am On Jan 02, 2023
BAT is FRAUD! Why do we always pretend to love this country when we don't. This same man faught GEJ on subsidy removal, ganged up against him with his cronies all because one day he will come to tell Nigerians 'emi lo kan'

If you love this country you would have supported GEJ on subsidy removal. Do we know how much this country has given out on subsidy in the last 7yrs+ of the APC led admin? It's a shame that today the Tinubus, the Bakares, the Falanas, the Elrufais, the Dinos cannot talk again when a litre of diesel is sold for almost N800 and fuel for 400
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by paskal16: 10:20am On Jan 02, 2023
Let me say this to the poor, expect massive price hikes
And ontop of that taxation

The truth is that the money made from not paying for fuel subsidy won’t still be channeled for good use…
at the end of the day one ministry or person embezzles the whole money, looting after looting, corruption at his peak, no prosecution whatsoever.
Rinse and repeat.

At the end of the day it’s a circus shithole country,
And we the masses are only the losers.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 10:22am On Jan 02, 2023
Moh247:

My father is a useless idiot and my mother is a shameless prostitute

Nice. You're right.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by sircatherine45(m): 10:22am On Jan 02, 2023
mrvitalis:
I agree 100% percentage , poor have zero benefits from fuel subsidy

Infact not only should fuel subsidy be removed VAT charges of 15% should be included

But when Peter obi was part of the national economic team in 2014 pushed for it to be removed nearly 10 years ago Tinubu stood against it

It took Tinubu 10 years to understand what Peter obi understood 10 years ago ...so probably it would take Tinubu 10 years to understand Peter obi is the best candidate

Vauwulnse uncensored.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by sircatherine45(m): 10:24am On Jan 02, 2023
post=119629210:
Anything to move our darling nation forward is all we want at [/b].

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime whether the evil ones like it or not.

[b]God bless all sane , honest and hardworking Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria.

vulture griller from Benue state.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by tete7000(m): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2023
Kobonaire234:

In response, keeping subsidy drives up the budget deficit meaning we have to borrow more.

That is why it has to go

And what have they done to revive the refineries after spending so much annually on their turnaround maintenance? I think that was part of their promises in 2015,to revive ailing refineries and open new ones every year. You guys must have very short memory. They lied and deceived people to get into corridor of power in 2015,how do you explain to people these are not new set of lies?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by sircatherine45(m): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2023
Samajogs:
The same script they played to Nigerians during goodluck is what is been played again. Shame on them
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Enyimbamercedes: 10:26am On Jan 02, 2023
Oga Jagaban… did seven rounds of Tawaf in Saudi but sits on a chair to pray in Nigeria. Well done!

When your party #OccupiedNigeria you didn’t know subsidy was for the rich?

I
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by BaddestQueen(f): 10:27am On Jan 02, 2023
Moh247:

If you have sense use it this is new year don't qoute me stupidly
mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique
Rule 2
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by FuckOsuPigs: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2023
Omoyoruba101:
Recently I was asked about fuel subsidy removal, and I said I will ensure we end the wastage and re-channel the money to the people who truly need it. This is one position that almost all the candidates are united about. We all agreed that the subsidy regime is abused and it favours the rich more than the poor. It has to go.

Mr. Tinubu you knew all these but you fought Jonathan government with everything be it media houses, Agboro... you Tinubu personally made Jonathan from the south south lost 2015 election to buhari.

Enheen! So what? Let Jonathan also make him lose nah. Or he should also organise a protest against fuel subsidy removal next year when Tinubu implements it.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 10:30am On Jan 02, 2023
ganisucks:

Nobody is removing sh*t.

It will be removed before the 2027 general elections. No matter who wins, subsidy must go. It is no longer sustainable.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2023
tete7000:

And what have they done to revive the refineries after spending so much annually on their turnaround maintenance? I think that was part of their promises in 2015,to revive ailing refineries and open new ones every year. You guys must have very short memory. They lied and deceived people to get into corridor of power in 2015,how do you explain to people these are not new set of lies?

How come PDP did not revive the refineries too?

( I'm not defending apc, just be patient)

We are using the money we would have used for refineries on subsidy.

If Buhari had removed subsidy in 2015 or supported its removal in 2012, the resulting profit would have been enough to revive refineries and build more refineries

And since no free government money they would have worked.

But APC no see am that way. Here we are.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by nedu666: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2023
Kobonaire234:

That is why it has to go

I don't think subsidy is the problem. The problem is how much fuel do we consume. I personally don't believe in all this figures nnpc gives us. Secondly investment in refineries is capital intensive and those who will make that investment will still buy crude oil in dollars which means remove the cost of shipping and insurance for imported fuel, give or take Nigerians will still buy fuel for close to 800 naira.
B4 govt removes fuel subsidy, there needs to be 24/7 light which automatically removes the need to buy fuel for generating electricity. Secondly provision of mass transit like 3000 buses to each state to reduce costs of transport.
But u and i knows dat govt will not do this. So let tackle corruption and keep subsidy. Infact kero should be subsidised to 50 naira. There are 133 million poor people. They deserve free quality health care, quality education to secondary level, cheap housing.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by sircatherine45(m): 10:31am On Jan 02, 2023
Okoroawusa:

Everyone knows that fuel subsidy must go. This is the right time or Nigeria sinks.

You are wrong. Fuel subsidy must remain. Stupeed urchinuses!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CNN Breaking News:Tension in South East over Biafra agitation. / Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu / Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.