Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu (26110 Views)

Nigerians Have No Reason To Be Poor- Tinubu / Nigerians Are Not Lazy, Have No Reason To Be Poor – Tinubu / Funke Olakunrin Died Serving The Poor - Tinubu [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by freeborn02: 11:06am On Jan 02, 2023
Moh247:

Rule 2 mynd44 Seun Nlfpmod dominique Obinoscopy

I won't join you kids in your toxic banters this new year

I report and ignore you

Lolz. E pain am.

Others are seeking clean energy and you are masturbating over coal. What a show of mental backwardness!!!

At this age and time?!

You are a full time idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Didijiji: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2023
Just like 15% IGR commision collection for lagos enriches only you
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Didijiji: 11:11am On Jan 02, 2023
Okoroawusa:

I don't always reply mentions on Nairaland but because of the sensitivity of this issue I will reply you and educate several others that might be ignorant of the facts.
I don't know how old you are but the subsidy regime practiced during the PDP era is different from the subsidy now.
During the PDP era, there were independent fuel importers who collect subsidy payments for metric tonnes of fuel imported.
Then the importation/subsidy payments became so lucrative that it was the easiest way to make money for PDP chieftains and their children. All you have to do is connive with NNPC officials, claim that you have imported metric tonnes of fuel and that it's waiting to offload because of congestion at the port. You collect your money and nothing is heard of the ship again. I believe that you must have heard about the subsidy probe of that era.
Now when Buhari came on board, NNPC became the sole importer and under-recovery(subsidy) is spent so that citizens can buy at lower prices.
If you have read up to this point then thank you.
mumu… after Buhari said there is nothing like subsidy. I wish you guys had an atom of integrity but las las all of una na thieves wey Dey hustle una own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 02, 2023
SLAP44:
And you just found out now, after 20 long years of being in power grin

Crooks.
grin grin grin grin
Abeg my belle dey pain me, I no want Laff

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Bizibi(m): 11:22am On Jan 02, 2023
Throwback:

You wanted them to let Jonathan remove the subsidy and then use the dollars saved to fund his re-election with more Dasuki funds channeled through Peter Obi's Fidelity Bank?

Did the Jonathan regime show any preparation to cushion the effect of the removal?
this is a stupid comment.....very stupid.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by fuelsaver: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2023
https://dailypost.ng/2016/05/16/subsidy-removal-tinubu-soyinka-others-should-apologise-to-jonathan-ijaw-group/

Subsidy removal: Tinubu, Soyinka, others should apologise to Jonathan – Ijaw group
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by fuelsaver: 11:25am On Jan 02, 2023
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Okoroawusa: 11:25am On Jan 02, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Okay...

True...

The problem is NNPC sustains massive losses doing so, and has to get a regular infusion of government money..which takes a big bite from our budget...which leads to deficits...which have to be covered by....LOANS. and MORE LOANS...to the point now that we are spending 123% of our budget on loans.!

Also, smuggling of fuel, stealing at NNPC level, and stealing of money at the point where transport costs are paid...are still serious issues.

And finally, if subsidy had gone in 2012...all the stealing you mentioned would have gone too.NNpc would have been profotable, and we would have had more refineries.

Tinubu should have supported subsidy removal in 2012...him and Buhari. They did not have to bow down to PDP, or worship GEJ, just for once accept that there are times when decisions for the good of the country must be made...even at the expense of politcs.
You have raised some valid points and I quite agree with you. However, when it comes fuel subsidy we must move forward.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by bhella10: 11:25am On Jan 02, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
This man.
I doubt if he will survive what awaits him
What's that oga olokada!?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by NigerianAngelo(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2023
adioolayi:
All the leading Presidential candidates promised to remove Fuel Subsidy..

Nigerians should get ready..

It won't be easy..but it is teh way to go

If you save N100k per annum through "subsidy", you will lose N750K that year because of the inactivities & inflations that subsidy will cause.

In reality, there is nothing like subsidy. Everybody go and work, and pay for what you consume. The only existent thing is regulation - that's preventing extortion (theft).

**Inactivity: That's the dormant Economic sectors that will arise when money meant for their development is channelled to subsidy jamborees.

Think of how many agric graduates are inactive bc part of $10bn spent on subsidy annually was to be spent on Agriculture.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Scamburster(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

I've never seen you make any technical/intellectual contribution to any thread. Your only contribution is always the same regurgitated statement above. Whoever recruited you for this online political hustle did a terrible job.
His employer need to be sack.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by fuelsaver: 11:27am On Jan 02, 2023
https://dailypost.ng/2016/05/16/subsidy-removal-tinubu-soyinka-others-should-apologise-to-jonathan-ijaw-group/

Subsidy removal: Tinubu, Soyinka, others should apologise to Jonathan – Ijaw group

Didijiji:
mumu… after Buhari said there is nothing like subsidy. I wish you guys had an atom of integrity but las las all of una na thieves wey Dey hustle una own
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:28am On Jan 02, 2023
And you disagree with Jonathan. Funny people

This guy will be worst than buhari
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Didijiji: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2023
fuelsaver:

No mind them
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Bmaster(m): 11:31am On Jan 02, 2023
post=119629210:
Anything to move our darling nation forward is all we want at [/b].

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime whether the evil ones like it or not.

[b]God bless all sane , honest and hardworking Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria.
u see this year,better not yarn dust oo.
As you called the mods on me and made me got banned for 5 days,hmmm...
I will see to it that any small rule you break on this forum,the mods must get noticed.
Unless,you behave this year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by jamace(m): 11:32am On Jan 02, 2023
HenryThegreat1:

https://dailytrust.com/fuel-subsidy-favours-the-rich-more-than-the-poor-tinubu/
Tinubu is just a repackaged renewed hopelessness. Believe him at your own peril.

We are still waiting on him to fulfill his 2014 election promises.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:33am On Jan 02, 2023
Eriggs:
blind haters Nevada see anything good in life you know, so I understand your point akpa mgbor grin
Dem aunty MANNA post always pain u die abi?
U just dey start.
She only makes sense to sensible people not terrorists
You're exhibiting signs of rabies infection because I'm trying to decipher the gibberish you vomited and it's giving me a headache. Go see a doctor ASAP before it gets too late.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by rickyrex(m): 11:37am On Jan 02, 2023
adioolayi:
All the leading Presidential candidates promised to remove Fuel Subsidy..

Nigerians should get ready..

It won't be easy..but it is teh way to go
same people who slept at ojota just to destroy jonathans government are now shewing what they spat out
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by rickyrex(m): 11:42am On Jan 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Some people would almost kill Tinubu if they can

Two things Tinubu said that would upset many

#Nigeria would remove subsidy by force

#Nigeria would generate electricity with Coal as Global warming isn't our business but cheap power( we have coal in abundance in Enugu and Kogi)

Obasanjo in his letter said Obi was like a Needle with a thread...

Even Obasanjo knows nobody can control Tinubu he has no thread

To the people blaming Tinubu for Occupy Nigeria protest of 2012

*Verified facts

-Tinubu didn't start or organize Occupy Nigeria

-NLC and TUC Started Occupy Nigeria

-Many Politicians participated from CPC, ACN and APGA

-Tinubu's argument was that Nigeria had no Refinery unlike now that Dangote Refinery is 97% completed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Nigeria#:~:text=Occupy%20Nigeria%20was%20a%20socio,on%20Sunday%2C%201%20January%202012.

ogbeni who you dey nwine, who occupy ojota, no be tinubu boys ni. abeg you wan use sheep pull elephant ni. tinubu nah scam leave tribalism alone it will do you no good. fight for your right and not to enrich the rich and supporting the vision of someone who has no interest in your vision
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by seunjungle1(m): 11:44am On Jan 02, 2023
If you have a person like Tinubu in your family....that curse you're carrying must have left your entire family teytey

patriotic007:
Anytime this tinubu opens his mouth to talk all I hear is incoherent words that are very difficult to add up and make sense out of......watch how his packagers will start explaining to us and rebranding tinubu's incoherent words.......Na so una wan take rule Nigeria.......This people are wicked.....After all what we went through in the hands of Buhari you guys still want to package another old sick man on Nigerians......God is watching you all.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Moh247: 11:45am On Jan 02, 2023
rickyrex:
ogbeni who you dey nwine, who occupy ojota, no be tinubu boys ni. abeg you wan use sheep pull elephant ni. tinubu nah scam leave tribalism alone it will do you no good. fight for your right and not to enrich the rich and supporting the vision of someone who has no interest in your vision

I really get annoyed when you show people fact and they just want to live in their alternative universe

Even if I told a lie, or you were a kid in 2012 can you read Wikipedia for goodness sake

Can't you search news on occupy Nigeria

Kilode tribalism this nonsense that

Abeg this is new year support your candidate in peace and let people support Tinubu in peace
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Didijiji: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2023
rickyrex:
same people who slept at ojota just to destroy jonathans government are now shewing what they spat out
even pastors join them then now they are silent
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by rickyrex(m): 11:51am On Jan 02, 2023
Throwback:

You wanted them to let Jonathan remove the subsidy and then use the dollars saved to fund his re-election with more Dasuki funds channeled through Peter Obi's Fidelity Bank?

Did the Jonathan regime show any preparation to cushion the effect of the removal?
and the hike in tarrif, and fuel and lot more money gained by this regime tinubu supported what did they do with the money if not to send some to tinubu account to act as if he was funding apc re election of 2019, bullion van was seen on the eve of election day. Are not bothered about such act. Account general stool 80billion naira, under this same apc, are you not bothered, more money are leaving the treasure account without traces why the masses grind their teeth to survive. Tinubu is about of our problem in nigeria today. But when he fail same way they are condemning obasanjo they will condemn him
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by BlackKafka: 11:53am On Jan 02, 2023
Omoyoruba101:
Recently I was asked about fuel subsidy removal, and I said I will ensure we end the wastage and re-channel the money to the people who truly need it. This is one position that almost all the candidates are united about. We all agreed that the subsidy regime is abused and it favours the rich more than the poor. It has to go.

Mr. Tinubu you knew all these but you fought Jonathan government with everything be it media houses, Agboro... you Tinubu personally made Jonathan from the south south lost 2015 election to buhari.

They were in rival parties . . . surely you understand that is how democracy works.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Madups(m): 11:55am On Jan 02, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Useless hypocrite... Na Mumu go think say you get good plans for Nigeria.
My man all these guys we de think say him get better thought for them their brain no de function no blame them.. How lagosian wey use straw de suck lagos state for over 23 years now one take get good plan for person from kogi state we him no know from Adam?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Acidosis(m): 11:59am On Jan 02, 2023
Where is the video of this interview? Too early to engage this dingbat and his crooked lifestyle. This doctored sh*t was written by a professional journalist.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by rickyrex(m): 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2023
Moh247:

I really get annoyed when you show people fact and they just want to live in their alternative universe

Even if I told a lie, or you were a kid in 2012 can you read Wikipedia for goodness sake

Can't you search news on occupy Nigeria

Kilode tribalism this nonsense that

Abeg this is new year support your candidate in peace and let people support Tinubu in peace
ogbeni why tinubu, buhari and bakare no go against the gathering in lagos. but endsars they quickly react
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by EngrKemp: 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
Stop talking about subsidy and fix the refinery and subsidy will disappear on its own.
U n ur Apc government promised one refinery every (how many years sef) and to revive old ones
One sef no dey work.
But all the budgets in billions of dollars to revive refineries no dey accounted for
Re: Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu by Pastorjohn2: 12:09pm On Jan 02, 2023
Donwilson88:
Tinubu is not a good policy maker believe the truth
He is old and better off a consultant than presidenting over 300million people!the real him will die in 2months
Tinubu will die?
Don't worry, your phone number is there.

I'll personally make sure you're picked up and dealt with

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kalu, Wase, Jaji, Betara, Others Eye Gbajabiamila’s Seat As Race Kicks Off / Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders / Hausa Traders, Soldiers Clash In Mile 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.