Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo (14415 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
Happy weekend everyone.

CHAPTER 5
Few weeks later, Imade was returning from lecture and accidentally stepped on a nail. The nail went in through her sandal and she was badly hurt as blood dripped from her foot. There was a shop close to where the incidence happened, the owner of the shop who happened to be a woman call on Imade and poured kerosene on the foot, she said this will help stop the bleeding. Imade realized the woman sells kerosene, she thanked the woman and the woman told her to ensure to take care of the leg. She promised to do so, she thanked the woman and left.
Imade got home and hoped that leg will be fine. She didn’t do anything about it, reason because she never had such experience before. Few hours later, she started feeling pains in the leg, she was the only one in the house, and Sarah was still out although she had informed Imade that morning that she was going to return home late that very day. The pain became so unbearable that she started crying, she couldn’t walk on the leg, so she was helpless. Around 8pm in the evening, Sarah returned and rushed to Imade’s room.
“Imade!!” She banged the door repeatedly. Imade who could hardly walk with the injured foot, tried her best to drag herself to get the door, luckily there was power supply and she opened the door.
“Imade, why are you not answering your……” Then she slowed down when she saw her face and then her swollen legs. She helped her back inside and she lay on the bed. “You’ve been crying Imade, what happened to your leg?” Sarah said with a worried tone and she explained how she injured her leg.
“Ah… I’ve experienced it before and it’s very painful, I feel your pain but you need to eat and take drug to relieve you of the pain, or better still let’s go to the clinic.”
“Clinic! No jo. I’ll be fine.”
“You know what, uncle Lolu has been calling since, let me call him back first and tell him I’m home. He has been trying your phone lines, same with me but you didn’t pick up.”
“Aww…the phone should be in my bag. I don’t even know where I dropped the bag, the pain is not even allowing me to think jare.” She groaned and scanned the room to know where she dropped the bag.
“Just leave the phone for now, I’ll look for it later. Let me call uncle Lolu.” Sarah said and dialed Lolu’s number. Lolu disconnected and called her back. Sarah explained everything to her and also told him Imade did not want to go to the clinic. Lolu thanked her and told her to give the phone to Imade.
“Hello.” She said faintly.
“Imade that thing will be worse than that before tomorrow morning if you don’t go to the clinic this night.”
Uncle…..” He cut in.
“Imade please, it’s late, I would have come over but please do as I say.” He beckoned.
“Uncle Lolu, I’ll just take drug.”
“You need a tetanus shot, you can’t get that in the house and you’ll also need something for the swelling and pain. So please, I need you to be at the clinic, like right now.” He instructed.
“Okay.” She said reluctantly.
“Good, I’ll check on you later. Take care, hun.”
“I will.” She said and passed the phone back to Sarah.
Sarah called a cab man who took them to the school clinic. Imade was attended to, she was given tetanus injection and drugs. The cab man waited for them till they were done and by quarter past nine, they were already at home.
Lolu who was really worried called back to know if they are back from the clinic, Imade now had her phone with her, she picked the call, though she was already feeling sleepy due to the effect of the drug. Her friend was still in the room with her.
“How far?”
“We are back home and I was attended to.
“How are you feeling now?” Lolu asked and she told him the pained has reduced compare to earlier.
“Your sister is back from work, she wants to speak with you.” Lolu informed and passed the phone to his wife. Peju spoke with her and then the couple also spoke with Sarah just to thank her for her help.
Sarah decided to sleep in her friend’s room. She only went to her room to pick one or two things and returned to her friend’s room but Imade was already asleep, thank God she took some snacks and soft drink at the clinic. Sarah was not really hungry as well, she already ate out that evening, and soon, she fell asleep too.
In the morning Sarah fixed Imade’s breakfast, she ate and took her drug right in her presence. She couldn’t walk well on the leg so Sarah advised she stay at home for that day. Imade had no choice than to skip lecture for that day. Sarah left for school after her friend had eaten and taken her drugs.
Around 11am, Imade heard a knock on her door, she wondered who that could be because everyone would be in class as at that time.
“Who is there?” She asked faintly.
“It’s me.”
“Uncle Lolu!” She sprang out of bed without thinking. “Ouch! My foot.” She screamed and Lolu heard from outside.
“Sorry……please take it easy.” Imade tip toed to get the door, she opened and she ran into his arms.
“Uncle Lolu……”
“Aww….it hurt right, sorry my darling.” She nodded slowly.
He carried her off her feet and closed the door behind them and placed her gently on the bed, then their eyes locked and before the two knew what was happening, they had already locked lips.

5 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2023
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2023
then their eyes locked and before the two knew what was happening, they had already locked lips.
[/quote]

shocked shocked shocked IRO shocked shocked shocked

Happy Weekend ma

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
Lock lips kee shocked

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Bukolaberry(f): 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by ADUKKY(f): 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2023
Uncle Lolu please don't forget your senses o, Imade is your sister fa.

Nice job, rachealfst
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Bodydiialect57: 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2023
Locked lips?

Lolu please don't open, it's the devil at the door o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:22pm On Jan 07, 2023
Calenikan:
then their eyes locked and before the two knew what was happening, they had already locked lips.

shocked shocked shocked IRO shocked shocked shocked

Happy Weekend ma
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:22pm On Jan 07, 2023
ADUKKY:
Uncle Lolu please don't forget your senses o, Imade is your sister fa.

Nice job, rachealfst
Thank you.....
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
Uncle does not have self control

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:05am On Jan 09, 2023
Chapter 5b

He carried her off her feet and closed the door behind them and placed her gently on the bed, then their eyes locked and before the two knew what was happening, they had already locked lips. The two kissed like their existence depends on it, all the hidden emotions were unleashed at that spot. The two didn’t stop. Without saying a word to each other, they started undressing each other until there was no piece of cloth left on them. Lolu looked into Imade’s eyes that was burning with desire, she gave him a ‘go ahead’ look and he lowered himself into her and she made a low sound of pain, trying to keep it together. The hymen has been broken, Lolu was her first at the age of 20, with their gaze locked, and he rode her gently but passionately as he made love to her.
Few minutes later, he carried her into the bathroom and bathed her, when he was through, he wrapped her with a towel and carried her back into the room and lay her on the bed. He opened her wardrobe and picked one of her clothes and wore it on her.
Nobody said a word to each other, Lolu went back into the bathroom to shower also, a bath that took like forever. He was under the running shower leaning his hands on the bathroom tiled wall. He was there in the shower with millions of thoughts running through his mind. By the time he returned to the room, Imade was fast asleep, the morning drugs probably at work.
Lolu sat on the plastic chair in the room and watched her sleep. What just happened here? He kept on asking himself. What prompt me into doing this, why didn’t she resist me. And what was that look in her eyes, how long as this started and then yes, she nudged me to go ahead, her eyes told me not to stop or am I assuming things in my head.
Lolu went on and on with so many things going through his head. One, he just cheated on his beloved wife. Two, with her sister and, three she just took the girl’s innocence; he sighed deeply.
Some minutes later, Imade woke up, she looked around and saw Lolu sitting on the chair. The two stared at each other without saying a word. She then gestured for him to come sit next to her on the bed but he declined and stood up instead.
“I need to leave.”
“I think we should be talking not you leaving.”
“There’s nothing to talk about.”
“Really!” She was dumbfounded.
“I need to report myself.”
“Uncle Lolu, report yourself as in…..going to the police station?”
“That was the promise I made to you when you moved in with us.”
“Are you kidding me, you want to report what exactly! That two adults had a consensual sex!”
“That’s not what it is to me.”
“So, it’s what? Rape?”
“Yes! As far as I’m concerned, I raped you.”
“What! I’m an adult, I took off my clothes for you. I wasn’t drugged.”
“Imade….”
“That’s exactly what I’ll say when I get to the police station. So please…. snap out of it!” She said and he breathe out a hot air and sat right back on the chair.
“Imade I have wronged you, do anything you want with me. You are free to report me to the authorities anytime, like the agreement we had years back. I am willing to pay for the consequences of my actions and……”
“Uncle Lolu, it’s a consensual sex! So please, stop beating yourself up over….”
“Imade, I’m your…..”
“Brother in-law who has feelings for me and if this will make you feel better, let me just open up by saying, I feel the same way for you.” She confessed and he sighed deeply.
“I’m in trouble,” He sighed heavily. “Since when, Imade?”
“What?”
“Since when do you start having eyes for me?”
“Not quite long.”
“Same here.”
“Is that why you stopped coming?” Imade asked.
“Yes, but I had to come because of your injury. I just wanted to be sure you are fine and now….”
“You regret coming.” Imade completed the statement.
“I promise it won’t happen again.” Lolu assured her.
“Okay, God help us.”
“I’ll stop coming here, so we only get to see at home.”
“We’ll still be left all alone in the house when my sister is off to work.”
“I’ll have to start going to the office whenever you are around. My company still allows that.” He informed.
“Okay.” She said and Lolu stood up.
“I’ll tell your sister…..”
“You’ll what! You won’t do that to her. Not after everything she’s done for me. No!” Imade disagreed vehemently
“Imade……” He tried to convince her.
“Uncle Lolu, I won’t agree to that, she gave me a roof over my head, thanks to you, she never allowed me lack anything; I can’t do that to her. There are some things that her better kept secret.”
Lolu stood up and paced up and down the room, trying to think. Imade stood up slowly from the bed and then he stopped.
“I’ll tell her I cheated but I won’t mention you, how about that?”
“You want to put yourself into trouble, I hope you know that no woman will take that lightly.”
“I know but I have to tell her, I’ll deal with any consequences that comes out of it.”
“It’s just me, you did not do it with a stranger who might sell you out later in the future. We can keep this to ourselves and ensure it doesn’t happen again.
Imade tiptoed to him, he saw her tear-filled eyes, so he opened his arms and she walked right into it. “I’ve ruined your perfect marriage.” She burst into tears and he patted her back.
“This has nothing to do with you, I’m the older one here. I should be the one to take the blame for everything.” He said and released her. Their eyes locked again and they quickly look away.
“I should leave.” Lolu said.
“Yeah, you should leave.” She said. Lolu hugged her and kissed her on the forehead.
“I cherish you.” He said when he released her.
“I know you do. And thanks for everything you’ve done for me so far. You’ve been everything to me ever since…”
“Imade, why are you talking like someone who wants to embark on a journey?” He cut in.
“Oh, I never knew it sounded that way. I was only showing my heart of appreciation.”
“No need to thank me, It’s my responsibility which eventually got out of hand anyway.” He said and picked his car key he dropped on the reading table earlier. “Please take good care of that leg.” He said pointing to the leg. She nodded, then he left.
The door closed behind him and Imade threw herself on the bed and wept. Lolu entered into the car, he was about to start the engine then he remembered he wanted to drop something for her, it was her favourite top she left at home.
“What have I done…..what have we done…..My sister has done so much for me and all I could give her is pain.” She cried. Lolu was already at the door and he heard everything. He felt so bad that he turned back and left.
He got home, look around the house, went into the bedroom and started packing a bag. While he was at it, he was busy talking to himself.
“I need to leave, I can’t face her. I thought I can do it before but I can’t.” He said. He left what he was doing and cried. Few minutes later he carried the bag and his laptop and left the house.

2 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2023
Where's Laolu going?
He should wait n face the consequences of his action now.
Apa

Thanks for the update madam
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lolu is a chicken liver man

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lolu is a chicken liver man the deed has been done he should live with it
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 5:12am On Jan 10, 2023
The deed has been done, they should both face the consequences.

Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
Sarah returned from school and met Imade in a devastated state, by just looking at her red eyes, she knew she had been crying for long. Sarah tried so hard to make her tell her what was eating her up but she didn’t speak up.
“Imade talk to me, your leg is much better, the swollen has even reduced, so why are you like this?”
“I’ll be fine. I just have few things on my mind.”
“And you expect me to believe that! I have things on my mind too but I don’t go about crying.”
“Sarah……you’ve had a long day, go and relax. I’ll be fine.”
“You want me to leave you in this state. Anyway, I know what to do.” Sarah said and brought out his phone.
“What are you trying to do?” Imade asked hurriedly.
“I’m calling uncle Lolu.” She said and Imade started pleading with her.
“Please don’t call him. He mustn’t find out that I’m in this state.” She said pleading with every strength left in her.
“Okay! But promise me you will be okay.” Sarah said and she promised. “You know what, let me go make dinner, so you can take your evening drug.”
“Okay.” Imade said and Sarah left. She came like an hour later and brought food for her and then left for her room. Some minutes later, she came back to clear the plate but the food was untouched. Imade looked like someone who just lost her mother.
“Imade, something is wrong. Please talk to me.”
“I’ll be fine Sarah. Please, I just need to gather my thought.”
“Okay.” She said and left for her room.
Lolu lodged in a hotel, the hotel is a bit far from the house. He checked in and then gave his wife a call when he settled down. He lied to her that he had an emergency from office and won’t be coming home for some days. He never lied to his wife before, he had always been straight with her so Peju had no cause to doubt him. Lolu called the room service and ordered for bottles of beer; Lolu who doesn’t drink before drank to stupor that very day and he later slept off. The next day, he continued again, wasting away in his hotel room.
Later that night, Sarah was still bothered about Imade’s state. She asked so many questions within herself. Is she pregnant, then she remembered that she doesn’t even have a boyfriend. She doesn’t go out or party. She doesn’t even go out at night, Sarah knew who has her friend’s password and that is Uncle Lolu. “If you can’t talk to me, Imade, at least you can’t hide from Uncle Lolu. He sure knows how to pacify her.” She said to herself. Then she remembered it’s been long Uncle Lolu visited. Then she smiled to herself. “Now I get it, Imade misses Uncle Lolu, What a cry baby!”
She then decided to make the call Imade didn’t allow her made earlier. Sarah tried Lolu’s lines but it wasn’t going through. Then she asked herself again, “Is the problem from home?” After trying Lolu’s line severally, she decided to call Peju. She concluded that the problem could have been from home. Maybe Imade got into trouble with her sister. Sarah knew Peju will tell her if they have issues, at least she can apologize on behalf of her friend in case Imade offended her.
“Good evening ma.” Sarah greeted.
“Sarah, it’s been a while. Hope you guys are good?”
“Just checking on you ma. It’s been long I heard from you that’s why I am checking on you.”
“Oh, thanks dear.”
“Imade misses the two of you, maybe because of her injury sha.”
“But my husband checked on her today.” Peju informed and Sarah was shocked.
“Uncle Lolu was here today!” She couldn’t hide it. She quickly think of something to cover up. “Oh! I had a busy day, I just got back from school; I never knew he was here.”
“You’ve not seen Imade this evening?”
“I have, the drugs she takes has a drowsy effect, and maybe it escaped her mind.” Sarah pointed out.
“Okay then, I appreciate your call. You guys should take care.”
“We will. Thank you ma.” She said and hang up immediately. “This is new, Uncle Lolu was here and Imade didn’t mentioned it, instead she is in a devastating state. “What the hell is going on with those two?” Sarah asked herself, trying to think. She wanted to go back to Imade’s room to ask questions but she decided against it. “Well, I know Uncle Lolu can’t hurt her and if he does, I know he will fix it.” She determined to let sleeping dog lie. She knew Imade very well, after all this is over she will speak to her about it.
The next day, Imade didn’t hear from Lolu, she was worried, she wanted to know how things were at home but there was no one to ask, none of the couple call her and she didn’t want to call Lolu, they need to stop talking but at the same time her mind wasn’t at rest. She decided to call her sister, she picked her phone and make the call.
“Hello Sister mi.”
“Hi kid sis. How are you doing?” Peju asked sounding happy. In Imade’s mind she was like ‘seriously, is my sister trying to act as if all is well.’ When Peju realized she didn’t answer her question she asked if she can hear her. Imade who was lost in thought quickly answer her sister.
“I’m….fine ma. And you?”
“I’m good. It’s just that I’m home alone…..”
“Home alone!” Imade cut in immediately.
“Yes, my sweetheart won’t be home for some days. Duty calls.”
“Duty calls!” She was shocked to hear this but she quickly put herself together. “Oh sorry, I just grabbed what you said. I know you’ll miss him but please don’t miss him too much.” She said feigning happiness.
“I’ll try, you know what, I will just bury myself with work and before I know it, he’s back.” Peju said. Imade was no longer listening so she bid her sister goodbye hurriedly and ended the call.
She threw the phone on the bed and held her head with her two hands. “Haaaa, I’m doomed. Uncle Lolu left the house and lied to his wife. A man that rarely stay out……what have I done.” She stamped her feet on the floor and started crying. She pulled herself together and picked her phone from the bed, at this point she had no choice than to call Lolu; she needs to know what is going on.
“Hello, Uncle Lolu.”
“Hello…..” He sounded drunk.
“Where are you and why did you lie to your wife?”
“Imade…..I can’t face her……”
“Uncle Lolu where are you, don’t tell me you’ve been drinking.”
“I’m in a hotel here in Lagos.”
“Doing what? Uncle Lolu, do you want to complicate matters. You should be home and not wasting away in a hotel.”
“I can’t go home.”
“Yes, you will. Now give me the address of the hotel. I’m coming over.” Imade said authoritatively.
“Imade, I’ll be fine just give me few days to think.”
“So you can end up in the hands of prostitute abi. Give me the name of the hotel now!” She demanded.
“J- Lorala ho….”
“I know the place.” She cut in. “I’m coming over.” She said and ended the call.

7 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
Imade is going to the hotel to continue from where they stopped. I’m enjoying the story

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Bodydiialect57: 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
This Imade's visit to the hotel will definitely birth something o. I made should keep far away cos she's Lolu's weakness.

Weldone ma'am.

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:38am On Jan 11, 2023
aprilwise:
Imade is going to the hotel to continue from where they stopped. I’m enjoying the story
Thank you......
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:38am On Jan 11, 2023
Bodydiialect57:
This Imade's visit to the hotel will definitely birth something o. I made should keep far away cos she's Lolu's weakness.

Weldone ma'am.
Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2023

Imade picked her hand bag, grab her purse and phone and left her room. She ran into her flat mate and friend, Sarah.
“Hi, where are you rushing to?” Sarah said.
“I need to be in Lagos but please no one must know about this. I hope you know what I mean.”
“Yes, but at least tell me……”
“Sarah! I’ll be fine.” She said and left.
Imade got to the hotel and located Lolu’s room. She knocked, and he opened the door. She almost didn’t recognize him, he looked like something else in just 24hours.
“Uncle Lolu what’s the meaning of all this?” She said as she scanned through the bottles on the table.
“Imade, you are not supposed to see me like this.”
“Oh! So you know. Uncle Lolu this is not you, I know we messed up but this is not the right way to handle things.”
“I don’t know what to do. I don’t even know who I am anymore. I….I….”
“This is not you. When did you stop thinking?”
“I stopped thinking the very day, I……”
“You slept with me.” She took the word from her mouth. A stray tear fell from her eyes, Lolu saw it and walked up to her. He wiped the tears from her face; “I’m sorry for ruining your happiness. You are a happy person before all this…..” Imade said and he placed his finger on her lips to shush her.
“If anyone should take the blame, it should be me. As for me, I’ll be fine, I just need time.”
“Time for what Uncle Lolu, you need to go home. You told me you can’t keep secret from her and I agreed so you should be home sorting things out with your wife.”
“Give me few more days to…”
“No! You know what, call the room service, and let them come clear this place first. Everywhere reek of alcohol.” She said and he obeyed, he called the room service.
“While we are waiting for them, you go shower. I’ll tell them to get you a cup of coffee so that you can sober up.”
“So now, you are the older one here?”
“Yes, you forced me to be one. Since you’ve stopped thinking, then I will do the thinking for you.” She stated. He nodded slowly and went into the bathroom.
Some minutes later the room became clean, Lolu sat on the sofa with a cup of coffee in his hands while Imade watched him as he sips the coffee. They did not speak to each other until about thirty minutes later.
“When are you going back to school?” He asked.
“Once you leave this place. I’m waiting for you to sober up. Once we are sure you can drive, then we’ll leave here together. I’ll go back to school and you will go home.”
“Okay. Thank you for being the adult here.” He said and she sighed lightly.
“Do you care for anything?” He asked.
“No, I’m fine.”
“You know I came back to your room yesterday to drop your top. The one you left at home and I heard everything you said. I heard you cry and my heart broke into a million pieces.” He said but she didn’t say anything. “The top is still in the car, you can pick it up before you leave.”
“Okay.”
“We can leave now.” He informed.
“Okay.” She stood up and picked up her bag, Lolu also carried his bag.
“No, don’t leave yet. I’ll go first.”
“Oh! Okay.” He said and watched her leave. Imade returned to school while Lolu headed home.

4 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2023
Wow this piece is really amazing ✌️
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:07pm On Jan 11, 2023
Damilgodwin:
Wow this piece is really amazing ✌️
Thanks for following.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Bodydiialect57: 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
rachealfst:
Thanks ma
Hello ma'am. I made an airtime transfer of 500 naira to buy a copy of the book and l am yet to gain access to it. What do l do?
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 6:56am On Jan 12, 2023
Following

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:17am On Jan 12, 2023
Bodydiialect57:

Hello ma'am. I made an airtime transfer of 500 naira to buy a copy of the book and l am yet to gain access to it. What do l do?
Please message me via facebook messenger. I'll need your username to fix it.
Facebook: @toyinfst
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:20am On Jan 12, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please if you want to buy books from okadabooks. Don't just pay only, ensure you fill the refill form, that will make your wallet to be credited automatically.

And please, if you have any issues, please feel free to contact me online.
Facebook contact: @toyinfst
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2023
If you want to read my other books as well, they are all available on okadabooks.
I fell in love
Wrong Number
Anike
Broken Hedge
PastorZoned
Tolerated
Underrated &
More Than A Craving

Thanks.
God bless you.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Lolu returned home and started rehearsing his speech, he checked the time, and his wife will be at home any moment. He had called her to inform her that he had returned home. She was a little bit surprised that he came back earlier than expected but all the same she was happy that her husband is back.
He went into the kitchen and prepared dinner, few minutes after he was done, his wife arrived. They greeted each other warmly even though it wasn’t same for Lolu.
“How’s work. Hope all went well?” Peju asked.
“Hmm…yeah.” He replied and she left for the bedroom while Lolu remained in the sitting room.
Peju showered and went into the kitchen to dish the food. She returned to the dining and served the food. She looked around, Lolu was nowhere to be found.
“Lolu!!” She called out and he stepped in from outside. He was at the balcony trying to get the fresh air he was lacking at the time, Lolu was tensed and wasn’t finding it easy to breathe, reason why he stepped out.
“I’m here.” He said and walked slowly to the dining.
“Sweetheart, you are not fine. What’s wrong?”
“I’m fine. Let’s eat.” He replied. Peju prayed on the food and they started eating. Lolu couldn’t eat, he was just staring at his wife and thinking on what that night would look like, for sure it will change a lot of things in their lives and marriage. No one handle infidelity lightly not even a saint can just smile about it and pretend as if it’s nothing. Infidelity is a big deal and he already knows the consequences of his actions.
“Lolu! You are not eating,” Peju pointed out with a concerned look. “Is something wrong, are you sick? Are you….”
“I’ll be in the room.’’ He said and carried his plate into the kitchen and went straight into the room.
Peju had to stop eating too, she can’t continue eating when something is definitely wrong with her husband, and she entered the room almost immediately.
“Peju, please go eat your food. You’ve heard a stressful day and you need to eat to have your strength back.” Lolu beckoned to her but she refused to go back to eat.
“Lolu, whatever it is that turned my lively husband into this, I must not take it with levity. I’m your wife and we don’t keep secret from each other. Now please……tell me what is eating you up.” She persuaded him and then he went on his knees. “Lolu! What is this for? Lolu please stand up.”
“No, let me remain like this. I have sinned against you, I have defiled our marriage.” He confessed.
“Defiled our marriage, how?”
“Peju, I have wronged you but please find it in your heart to forgive me.”
“Lolu, what did you do?”
“I slept with another woman.” He spilled but she laughed instead.
“Lolu, you are joking right. You know what, just stand up and stop this expensive joke of yours and come to bed.” She walked to the bed and lay down.
“I’m dead serious. I slept with someone Peju.” Peju studied his face and knew he was dead serious. His eyes already hold tears he was fighting.
“Who is she?”
“I beg of you, please permit me to keep that from you.” “Lolu give me a name. Who is that person you slept with or you think I don’t deserve to know!”
“Peju, I acknowledged the fact that you deserve to know who the person is but I’m sorry, I can’t.”
“That means it’s someone I know.” She concluded and he nodded. Peju fixed her gaze on him as tears flows down her eyes.
“What do you want from a woman that I didn’t give you aside a child…?”
“Peju, this has nothing to do with child issue, it’s just a moment of weakness. You know that you are everything to me.”
“I don’t think so and you know what, I don’t want you in this room and I don’t want you anywhere near me.”
“Peju….”
“Get out before I lose it completely.”
“Peju, I promise it will never happen again, let’s settle this amicably.”
“Settle! It’s clear I’m not good enough for you, and that is why you cheated on me with another woman. So just leave me in peace and go enjoy that woman you so much love to the extent of you protecting her.”
“I have my reason for not giving you a name. I’m actually protecting you.” “Really! You know what, I’m done talking. Get out.” She screamed. Lolu feared for her health because she was already shaking profusely and crying at the same time. He had no choice than to leave the room for her if that will keep her calm.
He went straight to the guest room but he couldn’t sleep. He wept until there was no more tears left to shed, he felt bitter for hurting the two women that were precious to him most especially his wife who is now at the receiving end of the grievous mistake he made.
The next morning, he opened the door of the guest room and was shocked at what he saw. Peju had packed all his things and dumped it by the door of the guest room, he rushed to their bedroom. “Peju!!” He called out as he rushed along. He was about to open the door but bumped into her as she stepped out of the room, she was already prepared to set out for work.
“Peju, what is the meaning of all these. Are you trying to…?”
“We can’t share the same bedroom. I can’t sleep with an adulterer, I’m sorry.”
“You mean I’ll be staying in the guest…..”
“Yes, take the guest room. Good bye.” She said and walked pass him. Lolu open his mouth to talk but nothing came out; he didn’t see that coming. He walked back slowly to the guest room, thinking of how to pacify his wife because he can’t stand living with his wife like a stranger.
In the evening before Peju arrived from work, Lolu prepared her favourite food and poured his heart into the cooking hoping that she will give a second thought on her decision. Peju arrived, he greeted her and she responded coldly. He followed as she walked to the bedroom but she shut him out by slamming the door at his face. He tried to open the door but she had locked the door from behind.
“Peju!!!” He knocked repeatedly but she didn’t answer him. He left the place and then returned after 30minutes when he realized she didn’t come out for dinner.
“Peju, I made dinner.”
No response. He went back to the guest room that night sad. He had a lot of office work to attend to online but his troubled heart won’t let him attend to them.
The next morning, he was already waiting for Peju in front of their bedroom. She opened the door and he quickly went on his knees. “Peju, I’ve already opened the door for the devil with my mischievous act, please don’t allow the devil come into this home, acting this way will make him stay. Peju, just try and find a place in your heart to forgive me.” “Lolu, read my lips, I will never forgive you.”
“Peju!”
“Yes, never! And please, stop cooking for me. I won’t eat it; have a nice day.” She said and left him kneeling. Lolu wanted to cry but he held it together.
Later that morning, Imade who had been waiting earnestly for Lolu to call decided to call him instead, she badly wanted to know what was going on at home. She called Lolu and he told her everything. They both hoped that Peju will come around and everything will be fine again. She apologized once again for ruining their wonderful marriage but Lolu told her not to put the blame on herself.
To Lolu and Imade’s surprise, things didn’t go the way they hoped it would. Weeks had turned to months and Lolu was still sleeping in the guest room. The worst part is that the couple hardly see each other, the two are now housemate and nothing more. They share nothing in common again, Peju doesn’t eat Lolu’s food, she doesn’t touch anything he bought and the two were just living like strangers. Peju also told Lolu point blank not to cater for her sister again. So she was now the one sending her money on a monthly basis. “I can take care of my sister.” She had said to him.
Imade refused to go home after everything that happened, her sister had called severally to find out why she stayed away from home even when they were on break but she lied that she had things to attend to in school. Peju never mentioned Lolu’s infidelity to her sister, she knew how much she loved and trusted Lolu and she didn’t want to ruin that for her. Lolu too was surprised when Imade told him that her sister never mentioned it to her, he even thought maybe she was lying to him but he knew Imade can’t lie to him.
At a point, Imade decided to speak up, she can’t stand looking at the two drift away. Even though she is the culprit, still she can’t stand her sister ruin her home because of her lack of forgiveness. After eight good months, Imade decided to go home.
The day she went home, Lolu was surprised to see her although he welcomed her warmly. “I came to see your wife, that’s why I’m home. I know I’m not in the right position to do this but she needs someone to talk sense into her since the two of you refused to let in a third party.”
“Imade, just stay out of this, I believe she’ll come around.”
“That is what you’ve been saying for the past eight months. Let me try, she may listen to me.”
“And what will you tell her if she ask you how you get to know, remember, she hates third party.”
“At this rate, you need a third party and at least I’m fami…” She paused. “I’m family and I still slept with you. Ah! My life,” She said and tears fell from her eyes.
“Imade, it wasn’t your fault.”
She cleaned her face. “I’ll stay for the weekend, then I’ll tell her I observed that you two are not what you used to be, you are even sleeping in the guest room, that’s enough evidence that you guys are not in good terms. I’ll tell her also that you’ve stopped sending me money and all this made me suspect that something is going on.”
“Will that work?” Lolu asked.
“Yes, it will work.” Imade replied.
Imade sat down in the sitting room with her head slightly bowed. Lolu went into the guest room, he came out with his laptop bag and car key. Imade raised her head and saw him.
“Where to?”
“I need to step out for a bit.” Lolu replied her.
“You are leaving the house because of me!”
“I thought we agreed on that.” He reminded her. Imade stood up.
“You don’t need to inconvenient yourself in your own house. Go back in there,” She said pointing to the guest room. “I’ll be in my room.” She made to leave but he stopped her.
“Uncle Lolu what? If I want to sleep with you, I don’t need to come home before I can achieve that. You’re only one call away, just one phone call and it’s done because I know how attached you are to me. Fine, you once loved me like a sister and I love you too like a big brother but things escalated and till now I still can’t fanthom how our relationship escalated into a….a……”
“Romantic relationship.” Lolu helped her out.
“Yes and….. I won’t deny the fact that your thought feels my heart but I just want to let you know that I will never have sex with you again. Somehow, I know I’ll have to kill this forbidden feelings before it destroy us and the only one person we both care about. And…and…..”
“I understand you perfectly. Even things you haven’t said, I know. We are in the same shoe Imade, so we both know where it hurt.” He cut in.
“Good!” She turned her back to leave but his voice stopped her.
“By the way, I appreciate the fact that you know how much control you have over me.”
“Yeah and the reason why I won’t do anything about that power I have over you is because…..”
“I’m not yours.” Lolu took the words from her mouth.
“Yeah, you are not mine.” And as if someone called the shot, fresh tears flows from their eyes and the two left that spot immediately and shut their respective doors. No way! A second time must not happen.

2 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:23am On Jan 12, 2023
Calenikan:
Following
Thank you....
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Bodydiialect57: 3:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
rachealfst:
Please message me via facebook messenger. I'll need your username to fix it.
Facebook: @toyinfst

No need for that ma'am as the Mechanic has fixed the okada. Lols.
My helmet is on for the ride!

Thank you!
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
Bodydiialect57:

No need for that ma'am as the Mechanic has fixed the okada. Lols.
My helmet is on for the ride!

Thank you!
Great! Enjoy the ride sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria: Report Indicts Nigerian Poet For Molesting 19 'daughters' / Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That / John Mahama Receives Godspower Oshodin, Nigerian Poet (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.