Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo (14418 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ngiokiema(f): 11:41am On Jan 30, 2023
A very beautiful piece. Thanks for the constant update

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by AmaPaulOma(m): 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2023
Nice one OP

We dey wait the next episode

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 6:29am On Jan 31, 2023
Imade the hottest babe in town ✌️✌️
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2023
Ngiokiema:
A very beautiful piece. Thanks for the constant update
You're welcome
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:15am On Jan 31, 2023
AmaPaulOma:
Nice one OP

We dey wait the next episode
Thanks

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:34am On Jan 31, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

CHAPTER 9
After spending three weeks in orientation camp, Imade was posted to her place of primary assignment. Luckily for her she was given an accommodation so she needed not to spend any dime on house rent. She had planned on how to spend her monthly allowance judiciously both the one from the federal and state government in order to save since she is now on her own.
Sarah can no longer cajole Imade into collecting things from her again now that she knew that Lolu is the source of everthing. Imade continued living her life quietly in Delta state where she was serving. Few guys trooped around her but she wasn’t interested, she just wanted to focus on her primary assignment and leave the state in peace. She was posted to a goverment secondary school and she worked hard to the best of her abilities.
Imade had successfully talked Mr. Bowale into sending his account number which he did. Imade sent the six hundred thousand naira to him but to her surprise the man sent back two hundred thousand naira that she should use that as their parting gift. She was grateful for this, she called him back and accepted it with thanks.
Imade lived a lonely life all through her service year, she had no friends. She just greets her fellow corp members casually and go on her way. The only two friends in her lives did not leave her, they communicate always. In fact once you see Imade engrossed with her phone its either she is chatting with Sarah or Yomade.
The two cousins too were in their separate states and trying hard to get over each other. Imade had suggested to the two of them to try and meet other people so that they can move on with their relationship life. Even though that counsel was meant for her as well, still Imade couldn’t find anyone who pleases her. Imade does not really believe in NYSC relationship because most only last for just that one year. There are some Corpers who are in a serious relationship already, they only come for NYSC with the mind of playing around for that one year and then return to their main relationship. Some get away with this cheating act while some won’t.
A month to the end of NYSC, Imade spoke with Yomade who was serving in Enugu state and asked if he could help her get an accommodation in Lagos. He assured her that even though he was not in Lagos at the moment, he will still try to see how he can help. They discussed on the type and area where she wants the accommodation.
In the course of their discussion, Imade asked Yomade if he had found someone but he said he hasn’t. Imade just want him to forget about his cousin and move on. Yomade also asked her the same question but their answers were the same. Yomade then asked if she was hearing from home and she replied no but she told her she planned to do that anytime soon.

Lolu stepped out of the bathroom into his room and heard his phone ringing, by the time he neared the bed where he placed the phone, the call had already ended. He picked the phone and checked out the caller so he can return the call but he couldn’t believe his eyes.
“Imade! This must be a dream.” While he was still busy thinking out loud, the call came through again and he picked it. “Hello.” He said as he shut his eyes.
“Hello.” She replied.
“You are fine, right? What am I even saying? I’ll be the last person you’ll reach out to if you are not fine.” He said with an outright sarcasm.
“I thought this would be a friendly call.”
“Oh! Now we are friends Imade! You blocked me and shut me out for how many years now.” He asked, leaving her to do the math because he knew it’s been two years since they spoke.
“So are we enemies?”
“You tell me!” He countered.
“Uncle Lolu!”
“We never agreed the last time we saw at your place in school that we wouldn’t speak to each other again. Did we?” He asked and she replied no. “You only told me not to send you monthly allowance which I agreed until you broke the agreement.”
“So that was the reason why you contacted Sarah.”
“How am I supposed to know how you are faring when I’ve been blocked? I had to look for another means to reach out to you.”
Imade paused, she did not know what else to say. “Thank you for everything.” She broke down in tears.
“Imade, is this what you have been doing to yourself!” He said but she cried uncontrollably. “And you know I don’t like it when you are like this.” She still didn’t stop crying as the tears kept on pouring. Not reaching out to Lolu is big punishment for her but she needed to do the needful by cutting all ties with him. “Imade, please stop, please do it for me. Don’t shatter my heart into pieces I have enough issues I’m battling with it already.” Lolu poured out and Imade ears were alerted as it caught what he just said.
“Uncle Lolu what’s going on? What are you battling with it?” She asked.
“Don’t let me bother you with that, Imade. Just promise me you’ll be fine.” He replied.
‘If Uncle Lolu is battling with anything, it definitely has something to do with my sister.’ Imade thought and so she redirected her question.
“How’s my sister. I mean what’s the present situation of things.” She enquired.
“You are still asking me the same question with another approach, right?” He countered her.
“Exactly and please tell me everything.” She pleaded.
“Well, if you must know, I just got back from Abuja with few family members to plead with Peju but she said she will never return to the house. She claimed she has moved on.”
“Moved on! What did your family say?”
“After pleading with her to no avail, they told her since it’s been years already and she has decided to move on, then she should file for a divorce and guess what, she said she’s not interested in filing for a divorce. She told me to file for a divorce instead.”
“Hmm…. Will you?”
“I can’t Imade. I’m not in the position to do that. If she doesn’t want the marriage she should go ahead and disannul it.”
“Good, I love your decision. Uncle Lolu please don’t ever file for that divorce. Let’s just leave things the way they are.”
“Yeah, I get you. Never say never, right?
“Yes.” She replied and then he changed the subject. “How’s Delta state?”
“I know you know everything. Delta is fine by the way.” Imade replied him.
“I know you have one month left. I think you should go to your sister’s after your youth service.” He suggested.
“That will never happen Uncle Lolu.”
“What’s your plan then?”
“I’m not telling you.” She said childishly. In Lolu’s mind he was like that’s the Imade I used to know not the rigid one. So he smiled as if Imade knew his silence meant he was smiling, she smiled too and finally he spoke up.
“Fine. Are we friends now?”
“You can never be my enemy Uncle Lolu.”
“Okay. I appreciate this call. Really, it means a lot.” Lolu said truthfully but Imade didn’t say a word. “Can I start calling now?”
“Just call o……Uncle Lolu, don’t send me…”
“I’ve learnt my lesson. I will not try such.”
“Better. I need to go.” She said and they rounded up the call. That night, Imade slept like a baby despite the fact that she still thought about her sister and her determination to throw her marriage away but she was glad she broke the wall that stood between her and Lolu.

5 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by AmaPaulOma(m): 3:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
I'm truly enjoying this drama cos the very next episode can not be predicted.

Good job OP, more ink to your 🖊️

Pls, we dey wait the next episode cos I am seeing something I'm not so sure of though
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
Thanks for the update Op!

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 11:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
Thanks for the update ma’am

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 12:21am On Feb 01, 2023
What a relief from imade’s end

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2023
Happy New Month Everyone.

HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

CHAPTER 10
Imade successfully completed her one year youth service, almost all the corpers in her batch returned to their base but Imade stayed behind, there was no place to go. Thankfully, she wasn’t ejected from her apartment, she was free to live in the apartment till a new corp member moves in.
Yomade tried all his best to get her an apartment but because he too was not in Lagos as at that time makes the search difficult as the agents he contacted kept giving him ridiculous prices. Just a room self-contained and they are demanding for a fee that could break a leg. He really felt bad for Imade who had to stay back in Delta because of that. At some point Yomade and Sarah suggested she come stay temporarily at his place but she declined the offer vehemently. Sarah on the other hand was retained in her place of primary assignment and everyone was happy for her.
Yomade returned to Lagos and then started looking around just to get her a decent place that is affordable. He was also joggling it with job interviews at the same time. Finally he was able to get an apartment. It’s a room and a parlour self-contained with an affordable fee, it’s a direct link to the Landlord, no agent interference. This apartment he got is even cheaper than all the one-room self contained apartments some agents showed him.
Yomade called Imade and gave her the good news. She was happy as she kept on praying for Yomade and thanking him at the same time. At first, Imade was scared when Yomade told her it’s a room and parlour because of the rent fee but Yomade explained to her that it’s at a low price. The Landlord is a Christian who fears God and has vowed not to inconvenient his tenants.
Imade wired the money to Yomade, trust him he asked how she got the money and he was surprised when he heard that it was the same money Mr. Bowale sent her the previous year. She didn’t touch the money. She also had savings from her Corper’s allowance which she planned to use to keep the body and soul together till she gets a job.
After weeks of staying in Delta state after NYSC, Imade finally returned to Lagos, straight to her own apartment where she met with Yomade who was waiting for her. It was so good to see each other after good one year as the two hugged each other.
Yomade had helped her moved all her things that were kept in his own house down to her apartment. In fact he had helped her arranged most things before she got back. Yomade handed the keys to the apartment to her, Imade then gave him a spare key to keep. She still doesn’t understand how God still blessed her with wonderful friends despite her short comings. They may not be perfect just like her but they are true friends.
Imade felt great peace as she spent the first night in her apartment. She felt grateful even though she still had her fears but she consoled herself, hoping for a better tomorrow. The next day, she did some arrangements in the house and at the end she spent the whole day fixing one thing or the other.
Later in the evening she cooked herself a sumptuous meal, as she was eating, Lolu’s call came through. They are now on talking terms but she didn’t tell him anything about her plans. She picked the call and they exchanged greeting.
“Imade, how long do you plan on staying in Delta?”
“I’m in Lagos.”
“Is that the latest joke?”
“I’m serious, I’m in Lagos.”
“Just know that I will never believe that.”
“True. I just move in into my new apartment yesterday.”
“And you expect me to believe that, right?”
“Mr. doubting Thomas, I’ll send you the address.” She spilled unconsciously but she quickly took it back. He is not supposed to know where she is staying, what the hell came over her. “It’s fine if you don’t believe. Just know that I’m in Lagos.” She quickly changed her mind and Lolu sensed it.
“Imade, you know I didn’t believe you until you said you’ll send the address. That means you are truly in Lagos. Even though you took those words back.”
“Okay, fine. You caught me but we shouldn’t meet physically and you know that.”
“You kept the accommodation thing away from me and I’m not even complaining. So it’s fine. Your plan is fine Imade.” He said with a low voice and this made Imade felt bad but that is the right thing to do. With this, they ended the call.

6 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:28pm On Feb 01, 2023
AmaPaulOma:
I'm truly enjoying this drama cos the very next episode can not be predicted.

Good job OP, more ink to your 🖊️

Pls, we dey wait the next episode cos I am seeing something I'm not so sure of though
Amen. Thank you.....

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:28pm On Feb 01, 2023
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma’am
You're welcome ma.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2023
DemiKOL:
Thanks for the update Op!
You're welcome ma
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2023
Imade and uncle lolu will play back to each others arms again

2 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 11:34pm On Feb 01, 2023
I seriously want to know how this story unfolds... God bless you the author

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:51am On Feb 02, 2023
Babysuccess02:
I seriously want to know how this story unfolds... God bless you the author
Amen. By the way the complete book is available on okadabooks app. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:52am On Feb 02, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

In the meantime, Imade has started job hunt as well but she has not yet been called for any interview. She kept getting links from friends, Lolu had helped her submit her CV in few places, so she kept hoping that soon she would get a job.
Weeks later, Imade just felt she should just loosen up a bit and allow Lolu know where she was staying. They now flow very well on phone, so she decided to send her address to him. Two weeks after sending the address to Lolu, he still hasn’t show up. So she brought up the issue during one of their phone conversation.
“So, you are still considering whether to come over to my place or not right.” She questioned Lolu.
“Come on…..you and I know you just sent it for the sake of courtesy, and sincerely the plan to stay away is okay by me. I mean it’s both for our own good.” He explained.
“Uncle Lolu I didn’t send it out of courtesy. Truthfully, I sent it because I felt there is no point playing this hide and seek any longer. All we’ve got now is just each other.”
“Okay…..” He drawled.
“We both know we are always happy together, not romantically…”
“…..I get it, as a family.”
“Yes. So, just feel free to come around anytime. Let’s create an atmosphere where we can be accountable to each other.”
“Like, you tell me what’s going on in your life and I tell you what’s going on in my life.”
“Exactly!”
“Anything you want is fine by me.” He muttered.
“No, I don’t want it to be want I want. I want you to consider it and if it’s fine by you, then we can go ahead.”
“Okay, I’ll think it through. So if you see me show up at your doorstep, then it means I’m cool with.”
“Good.” There was silence between them and since Imade have nothing else to say, she decided to end the call. “Em…...I need to go now.” She informed.
“Okay, good night.” He said. She replied and she ended the call.
Later in the evening, Yomade came to her place. He bought her a hot fish bread they sell in his area. He wanted Imade to taste it. The two settled down to munch the bread with a chilled pack of juice he brought with it. He passed the loaf to Imade.
“Ha…..it’s hot! Wow……” She said as she untie the wrap. “And it smells……delicious too.”
“Eat jo…and stop analyzing the bread.” He said, smiling at the way Imade was admiring the bread. He loves the look on her face. He doesn’t know why, he just love seeing her smile.
“Hmmm…….this does not only smell delicious, it also taste delicious.” She said with a mouth full and Yomade’s smiles broaden. “I love this.” She pointed to the loaf.
“I know you will love it.”
“Yeah…..Oya eat too nau.” Imade beckoned.
“With the way, you are loving this bread, let me allow you devour it all.”
“Awww……thank you….but still take little. There is love in sharing.” She persuaded and he took a small portion. Imade took the pack of juice and poured herself a glass to step the bread down.
Yomade’s phone rang, it was his kid sister Shammah, they spoke on phone and he told her he’s with Imade, Shammah screamed with excitement. She was happy Imade is back in Lagos.
“So she is back in Lagos and I never knew, right? Tell her well done.” Shammah said.
“She just returned anyway.” Yomade replied her sister and placed the call on speaker, so that Imade can listen to their conversation.
“We chatted online days ago, she never mentioned it.” Shammah accused Imade.
“I’m sorry sweetheart. I’ll call you, we’ll talk.” Imade spoke up.
“Yeah we must.” Shammah replied her. She later ended the call when she was through talking with her brother.
Yomade later informed Imade about her sister’s new relationship that he is not please with. Shammah who is now in her final year introduced her boyfriend to Yomade. The guy is a graduate and already working.
“Do you know Shammah is now seeing someone?” He asked Imade.
“Yea, I think I saw the guy’s picture online.” Imade replied him as she took another bite from the bread.
“Guess what?”
“What is it, just tell me.”
“The guy’s mother is late.” Yomade stated.
“Aww…. God finally answered Shammah’s prayer.” Imade said cheerfully.
“Who told you it’s a match made in heaven? Shammah selectively did this and I hate that.” Yomade poured out, sounding irritated and Imade noticed.
“Guy, easy.”
“How can she decide to marry someone for that useless reason?”
“People marry for so many ridiculous reasons Yomade and in this case you can’t make decisions for her, she is an adult.”
“I doubt if the guy even love her. I didn’t really see that spark between them.”
“I’ll speak to her and try to find out more details about the guy. But I hope you know that we can’t really do much if that is who she wants to marry.”
“I know, but still I can’t just look away, she’s my only sister.”
“I understand. I’ll talk to her.”
“Okay, thanks.” Yomade was not in a very good mood after the conversation but Imade ensured to raise his morale that evening before he left.

Two days later, Imade was thinking of what to cook since Yomade is coming to her place that very evening. Then she got a call from him, he told her he was driving his Dad somewhere that very day and they won’t be back until late night. So Yomade promised to check on her the next day.
In the evening, Imade heard a knock on the door. “Yomade…..” She called out as she left what she was doing and walked towards the door. “Yomade so you are teasing me, right.” She said and opened the door.
“I can see you are expecting someone else.” He said without any expression on his face.
“Uncle Lolu!” She opened her mouth and then covered it with her hand, still surprised.

8 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 5:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
I think yomade is falling for imade

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by AmaPaulOma(m): 9:52am On Feb 03, 2023
Yomade premium tears loading, this I've seen.

Kudos Op 👍
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2023
AmaPaulOma:
Yomade premium tears loading, this I've seen.

Kudos Op 👍
Thank you....
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

In the evening, Imade heard a knock on the door. “Yomade…..” She called out as she left what she was doing and walked towards the door. “Yomade so you are teasing me, right.” She said and opened the door.
“I can see you are expecting someone else.” He said without any expression on his face.
“Uncle Lolu!” She opened her mouth and then covered it with her hand, still surprised. He was looking handsome as ever but beyond that Imade saw a man who is actually going through a lot. If you don’t know him before you won’t know this because he was looking cute in his blue jeans and grey top with a matching grey sneakers but the ‘Lolu sparkles’ is missing, the glow is no longer there at least the glow that Imade sees anytime he looks at him.
“Are you through accessing me?” Lolu asked her.
“Forgive my manners, please come in.” She said and opened the door wider as he stepped in. She closed the door after him.
“I can’t believe I’m seeing you in flesh and blood?” Imade questioned.
“You do the math, since you were the one who shut me out of your life.” He replied her.
“I thought we’ve moved past that.”
“Oh, I’m sorry for bringing that up.” He apologized and spread his arms and she walked into it and they share a warm hug. After that, she offered him a seat.
“Nice place.” He commended. He glanced through and saw some of the things she used in school in the parlour.
“Thanks.”
“You are expecting Yomade.” He didn’t put it out as a question but she replied him.
“Yes and no, because he already told me he can’t make it so when I heard the door, I thought he made the call earlier to prank me.”
“How is he doing? I owe that guy a lot. Sarah as well.”
“They are both good.” She replied him.
“I just thank God for giving you such wonderful friends. I’m at ease because of them.”
“I know that.” She went into her room and took her purse. “I’ll be right back.” Imade informed Lolu as she was about to step out.
“Don’t get anything for me. I’m okay.” He stated.
“Even water?”
“You don’t have water in the house?” Lolu questioned.
“I don’t have what you drink.”
“What do you drink?” He asked.
“Sachet water.” Imade replied.
“Serve it.”
“Let me get you bottled water.” He shook his head. “Okay.” She went into the kitchen and returned with a chilled sachet water and a glass cup in a tray.
“Thanks.” He said. “I can see your fridge is still working perfectly.” He said after drinking the water.
“Yes.” She replied.
When Imade moved into this apartment, she was grateful all over again for everything Lolu bought for her when she was in school, everything is still very much useful for her. The couch she and her friend used in their flat in school, the flat screen TV, generator, and other gadgets he got for her are still working perfectly well maybe because Lolu always go for best brand when he’s making purchase. Even the standing fan she is using in her bedroom is the same one she used in school and the one she is using in the parlour was the one she bought in Delta state during her youth service.
Lolu spent like thirty minutes and told her he was leaving maybe because everything was somehow. Even Imade was surprised at the awkward silence in the room. Despite the fact that there was light, it was only the TV that was doing the talking. She had imagined that the day they will physically meet will be very fun with lots of gist but to her surprise the two were acting like strangers.
When Lolu got back home he called her to inform her, then Imade decided to raise the issue.
“Uncle Lolu, what happened today? Because I don’t get.”
“Sincerely, I was thinking throughout my drive home. Maybe because it’s been long we’ve seen each other or…or…. I don’t even know.”
“But we catch up well on phone nau, so what’s wrong with us.”
“Honestly, I don’t know.” He said truthfully.
“See what distance can do to human beings.” Imade pointed out.
“People grew fondler to each other when apart.”
“True. I believe things will take its normal shape with time.” She hoped and he nodded from his end and they ended the call.
Just as Imade predicted things got better between herself and Lolu who now visit her often. Whenever he comes around they gist, laugh and discuss their real life issues and they advise each other.

7 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2023
Following 🥰🥰🥰

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 4:27pm On Feb 03, 2023
Weldone Op!

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

CHAPTER 11
Yomade visited Imade and brought some junk foods and snacks for her, he knew she loves them. He knocked repeatedly but she didn’t answer the door. He envisaged she wasn’t home but since he had called her before coming, he believed she should be in the neighbourhood. So he gave her a call.
“I’m at your place.” Yomade informed.
“I went to get fuel, there is no power supply since yesterday and my phone battery is down.”
“Eyah….Sorry about that.”
“Use the spare key if you have it with you.”
“Okay. I’ll be waiting.”
“Alright, I’ll be right back.” He ended the call, used the spare key and entered into the house. Few minutes later, she returned to the house. They exchanged greetings and he helped her put on the generator at the balcony. She plugged her phone and then switch on the fan because of the heat, that day was so sunny. She also put on the TV as they settled down to relax. Yomade then handed her what she brought for her, she checked it and smiled at him. Yomade just brought what she loves to eat.
“Yomade I appreciate all this but you don’t have a job yet, don’t finish all your NYSC savings on me.”
“I’m not complaining…..”
“Okay. God bless you for me.” She picked the scotched egg first and munched it, she also took an apple drink and then passed the polythene bag to him so he could take out of it too, which he did. They started to gist about happenings around them as well as the stuff they go through in the labour market just to get a decent job, then the conversation got personal.
“I can see Uncle Lolu now comes around often.”
“Hmm…yes. Yomade, he needs the company. We used to be happy before that incidence. I just want that for him again. For us.”
“And the feelings….”
“Yomade, we are not having sex if that is what you are thinking.”
“You know we are in the same shoes so I understand how this things roll.” Yomade pointed out.
“I know.”
“Imade as long as you still see each other, things may get out of hand again.”
“We’ve drawn boundaries.”
“Really! Imade, do you know I visited Sarah during our youth service.”
“What! You went to River state! But that was not the plan.”
“She called me and said she miss me and just want to see my face. Before I left my own PPA (Place of primary assignment) Sarah and I agreed on no sex since we both want to move on and find ourselves an eligible partner. That was it, nothing more, so I went.”
“Sarah never said a word about it.”
“She can’t because we are not proud of what happened afterwards.”
“Don’t tell me……...”
“Yes, we had sex. I was there all through the weekend.” He opened up and Imade sighed deeply.
“What’s the situation of things with you two now?” Imade asked.
“I am ready to let go and move on. It’s not as if it’s that easy for me but I can’t keep on lying to myself. That relationship will lead us nowhere.”
“And Sarah?” Imade inquired.
“That’s where the problem lies. Sarah can’t handle it. There are times when we call it quit but she comes back again begging for more time.”
“I understand where she is coming from.”
“Imade, she’s so attached to me. I mean we’ve been in each other’s life since childhood. She was never raised with love. I was like everything to her.”
“The love and attention she didn’t get from home, she got it from you. And now she is not willing to give it up.” Imade pointed out.
“Exactly.” Imade sighed again as she think about her own life as well. “You now see why I’m concerned for you. If you are too deep into Uncle Lolu, you may not be able to come out of it easily.”
“I can never get to that level with him Yomade. Uncle Lolu is not mine.”
“Okay.” He shrugged.
He later announced he was leaving. “Do you want to put off the generator now so I can do that before I leave?” Yomade asked.
“Not now. Thanks.” She replied and she walked him to the door.

Lolu visited Imade and that very day, he wasn’t that cheerful, he wasn’t really talking as well, Imade was the one doing all the talking. So she took it up to find out what was going on from him but to Imade’s surprised he told her he is fine.
“Between you and me, we both know something is eating you up.”
“Imade….I said I’m fine.”
“Wait, did you do something bad?”
“No.”
“Are you about to…” Imade gave me a long face. He didn’t answer the question.
Imade decided to let him be. Few minutes later, he was engrossed with his phone chatting with someone but still he wasn’t even excited with whatever it is he was doing on the internet. Imade looked at him and started cracking her head, thinking of ways to get words out of his mouth. Then she remembered her standing fan.
“Uncle Lolu!” She called out.”
“Yes.” He replied without looking up, he was still chatting on his phone. He stopped and then look up to face her. “Sorry, you called.” He said to Imade.
“My standing fan is making some funny sounds since last night. Can you please, help me check it out?”
“This fan is not making any noise Imade.” Lolu said pointing to the standing fan in the parlour.
“Not this one, the one in the room.” She pointed to the room.
“Bring it out nau...”
“Is it a sin for you to enter my bedroom?”
“Who says it’s a sin but it’s a private place nau.”
“There’s nothing private there even Yomade go in there if he needs to pick something, so I don’t know this your priva….”
“……..It’s okay!! Spare me the lecture. I’ll go check the fan.” Lolu stood up.
“Better.” She muttered and he went to her room.
Imade quickly picked his phone, she knew his password, so she unlocked the phone.
“Imade!” He called out and Imade’s heart skipped a bit. She quickly returned the phone.
“Yes Uncle Lolu.” She replied.
“Do you have a screw driver?” He asked and she tried to comport herself.
“Yes….yes….check the drawer beside the fan.”
“Okay.”
She asked if he has seen it and he replied yes. Then she took a deep breath. Imade picked the phone again and went through Lolu’s chats and discovered Lolu had been chatting with one of his old school mates, a female, Ife.
Imade knew Ife very well, she and Lolu were good friends back in the university. Ife divorced her husband few years back and had moved to the states but from the chat, Imade discovered the woman is now in town and she knew about Lolu’s separation from his wife. Ife had suggested that they can be friends with benefits and Lolu has agreed. As it is, Ife was meeting Lolu that night in a hotel and the guilt of whatever might happen that night is already eating Lolu up reason while he has been withdrawn and kept to himself ever since he got to Imade’s place.

Imade nodded her head slowly, she put the tip of her index finger between her teeth thinking of what to do. She typed something on the phone and then returned the phone to where she picked it from and then went back to her seat.
Imade decided to go join him in the room but he came out and met with her.
“I was coming to keep you company.” She muttered.
“So you know that before, anyway it is fixed.”
“Wow! Thank you.” She said as they both went back to their seat.
Imade took a long look at him. She doesn’t even know what to do or say but she knew she had to do something. She was still staring at him to the point that he caught her.
“What?” Lolu asked.
“When was the last time you had sex?”
“Excuse him.” Lolu didn’t see that coming even Imade was shocked at what came out from her own mouth. Discussing their sex life never happened for once in any of their conversations.
“Uncle Lolu, when was the last time you had sex?” She reiterated.
“I heard you the first time.”
“Then answer my question!”
“Why did you ask?”
“Just answer my…..”
“The last time was with you Imade.”
“My God!” Imade held her bowed head. She was like that for few seconds. She then raised her head. “See what my sister is doing. She just want to hand over her husband to someone else. If not, how did she expect you to cope without sex for more than two years now?” She stood up pacing up and down the room slowly, then she stopped. “Did you ever discuss your sexual needs with her?” Imade asked Lolu.
“She said I should get it from where I used to get it.”
“Soro ni yen.” She said in yoruba saying is that the right thing for her sister to say.
“Imade, like I used to tell you, it’s my problem I’ll fix it.”
“How? By sleeping with Aunty Ife?”
“Imade!” He stood up to face her. “You went through my phone?” She didn’t say a word. “So, you used the faulty fan to lure me out of here?”
“I already told Yomade to come help me fix it but luckily you came before he could fix it.”
“So this cunny thing is in all women!”
“Oh! You know how cunny women can be and you agreed to Aunty Ife’s ‘friends with benefit’ bullshit!” She shot at him.
“She’s no longer interested in men all she needs is sex with no string attached.” He explained but Imade laughed scornfully.
“And you believe that Uncle Lolu. The same Aunty Ife that had eyes for you even when she was married! Come on…..are you so sex-starved that you didn’t even see the bigger picture.”
“What bigger picture?”
“She wants to have you to herself, damn it!” She pointed out and Lolu dumped himself on the chair.
“I already promised her to show up tonight, I can’t just pull out.”
“Why not.”
“Imade I’ll hurt her ego, do you know what effort it takes for a woman to throw herself at a man.”
“I know. Big ups to her. But sorry, you are going nowhere!”
Lolu stood up. “Imade, I can’t cancel on her.”
“Well, I’ve done that.”
“You did what!” Lolu stood up and hurriedly went through his chat with Ife and realized Imade had sent a message, the message read; ‘I can’t do it, I want to try my best to save my marriage.’
“Imade!” He called out, she folded her arms across her chest. “Imade I have needs too.”
“I know.”
“You know! This is my best shot. I can’t do prostitute. I can’t.”
“I know.”
“Ife is still decent. I can’t sleep with just any woman.”
“Uncle Lolu, I’m not the bad person here. I’m only helping you save your marriage. If Aunty Ife gets pregnant, then it’s over. Your marriage is over. Don’t you get?” Lolu dumped himself on the chair again, frustrated. Imade sat beside him with her head bowed.
The room was silence for some seconds. Then she spoke up.
“I’ll be the sacrificial lamb.”
“Sacrificial what?” Lolu cocked his head. She raised her head and their eyes met.
“I’ll take off my cloth for you again.”

This is where the free part of HERS NOT MINE ends. Get the complete story on okadabooks app. Inbox me via facebook messanger if you need more information. Thank you all for reading. God bless you.

Facebook: @toyinfst

5 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 11:03pm On Feb 04, 2023
Sacrificial ginni?

Thanks ma’am

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 7:04am On Feb 05, 2023
Imade is like a mother hen

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 7:05am On Feb 05, 2023
I don’t know how to go about the Okada book app
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by AmaPaulOma(m): 11:43am On Feb 05, 2023
Bless OP

I'm going over to Okada Books to finish this story as it mustn't be left halfway read

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
I paid early this morning to refill my wallet.... But haven't been refilled up till now. I tried the number but switched off.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:37pm On Feb 05, 2023
aprilwise:
I don’t know how to go about the Okada book app
Just download the app on play store. Then sign up with a valid email address. You can go for the bank transfer option. There's a stated okadabooks bank account on the app. Just pay in and fill in your transaction details for an automatic refill.

Thanks.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:37pm On Feb 05, 2023
AmaPaulOma:
Bless OP

I'm going over to Okada Books to finish this story as it mustn't be left halfway read
Thanks. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria: Report Indicts Nigerian Poet For Molesting 19 'daughters' / Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That / John Mahama Receives Godspower Oshodin, Nigerian Poet (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.