Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo (14421 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 7:09am On Jan 27, 2023
Thanks for the update ma, the ending part na suspense ooooo

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:08am On Jan 27, 2023
AmaPaulOma:
Pls, I don't like this suspense, just let the next episode roll in 🙏🏼
You must like this one. Lol.

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:08am On Jan 27, 2023
aprilwise:
I know what Sarah is doing but I won’t say it. Thanks for the updates
You're welcome....
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:09am On Jan 27, 2023
DemiKOL:
Thanks for the update mama.

But this suspense ehn.........
Uwc ma
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:09am On Jan 27, 2023
mostob:
My suspicion about to become real... I knew it can't just be that simple.

weldone dear Author
Thank you....

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 10:10am On Jan 27, 2023
Nothing is new under the sun

Thanks for the update
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:10am On Jan 27, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Sarah and Yomade playing daddy n mummy under the duvet, sweet!
Thanks for the update ma’am
You're welcome....
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:10am On Jan 27, 2023
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma, the ending part na suspense ooooo
Uwc ma. Thanks.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:15am On Jan 27, 2023
Calenikan:
Nothing is new under the sun

Thanks for the update
Hmm... nothing is new indeed.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:15am On Jan 27, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

CHAPTER 8
Imade staggered, she believed she is seeing things, “This can never be real.” She said inaudibly. But what she saw was real. She turned to leave but Yomade stopped her.
“Imade!” He called after her. She was backing them now, Sarah remained mute.
“What? I guess this is not an invite for a party, if it is, I’ll pass.” Imade blurted out. Yomade stood up, he had already wore his boxers while Sarah covered herself with a cloth.
“Imade! We need to talk.” He persuaded.
“We don’t need to, let’s just mind our business.” She replied still backing them.
“We are leaving for my place tomorrow morning, we can only talk about this here.” He said and she sighed.
“You guys should get decent. I’ll be outside.” She said and left for the sitting room. She sat on the couch and shut her eyes. She heard footsteps and opened her eyes. The two stood before her but she told them to sit on the couch while she sat on a plastic chair, facing them. The three were silence for some seconds.
Then Imade turned to face Sarah. “I always knew you had a secret boyfriend. So it’s Yomade.” She feigned a smile. Sarah didn’t say a word.
“Reason why I said we need to talk.” Yomade said.
“Do we really need to do this? You guys owe me no explanation.”
“We do, we are friends.” Yomade replied her.
“Yea, I know right but I’m not a saint either.” The two cousins took another look at her. Everyone knows Imade is decent.
“See, Imade you don’t need to say things that will make us feel better.” Sarah finally spoke up with a sad look.
“Feel better you say! I didn’t say I’m not a saint to cheer you on! I said it because that is was it is.”
“Imade…..”
“I slept with my brother in-law.” She spilled interrupting Yomade.
“Which of your brother in-laws?” Sarah asked dumbly.
“I have only one.” She replied her. The two cousins looked at each other and exclaimed.
“Uncle Lolu!” The two chorused and she nodded as hot tears started flowing from her eyes. Everywhere was silent for the like 10minutes. Then Yomade spoke up.
“There was a day Uncle Lolu came but you never mentioned it to Sarah. It happened that day, right?” Yomade asked and she nodded.
“Was it consen….” Sarah was saying.
“Are you still asking her that? Uncle Lolu has been avoiding her for months before that day.”
“How do you know this, you don’t even live here.” Sarah asked Yomade.
“I know from the little time I spend here. More so, I am a man and I know when a man is in love with a woman.”
“Yomade!” Sarah was still surprised at his revelations.
“You’ve not even heard it all. She’s in love with him as well.” He pointed out. Imade looked down, she never knew there was someone who had understudied everything going on in her life.
“Is that the reason why you cut ties with him?” Sarah asked and she nodded.
“Did your sister get to know?” Yomade asked out of concern for her.
“Yes.”
“Ah!” Sarah exclaimed. She placed her hands on her head. “Imade and you kept all these to yourself!”
“He only told her he cheated, he didn’t mention who he cheated with.” Imade explained and Sarah took a breath of relief.
“How did she take it? I mean Aunty Peju.”
“She left the house Sarah. They are now separated all thanks to me. I ruined that home.” She said as she kept on crying, they pacified her.
“She will find out one day. I hope you’ve brazen yourself because that day will come.” Yomade counseled.
“I know that day will surely come. So back to you guys,” Imade pointed at each of them. “I hope you know this is incest. I don’t know how you two got here but it must stop.”
“We’ve tried severally and failed Imade.” Sarah explained.
“Is that the reason why you wanted to serve in a different states?”
“Yes, hoping that the one year apart will help.” Yomade replied her. Then Sarah went into details.
“It started when we were seventeen and that was the first time for the both of us. Let’s just say we deflowered each other. We cried and cried and even begged God for forgiveness but months later we find ourselves still doing it over and over again. You know because of the kind of home I came from, I wasn’t cut out for that polygamy home drama so Yomade’s house had always been my hide out right from childhood. He understands me best, he loved and cared for me in ways I can’t explain and before we knew it we became lovers.”
“I think you and I had similar issues. The first person in my life that I got a genuine feeling of love from was Uncle Lolu. He placed me above everything else, he cared so much for me and I never knew when we started having feelings for each other.” Imade explained.
“But yours was just a onetime thing.” Sarah said.
“Even at that, there is still this lingering feeling. I still can’t get him out of my head Sarah. Oko o lo ko! (Another woman’s husband.)” She beats her chest as the tears started running again. Sarah tried to pacify her again.
“As long as you two can maintain that distance you’ve giving yourself so far, then you guys will outgrow the feelings.” Yomade stated.
“Yes, at least you guys are still better than us. You found a way of putting a stop to the affair.” Sarah added.
“Was that an affair? We weren’t even dating. One thing just lead to another that very day and before we knew it, the deed was done.”
“I get your point.” Sarah said.
“I feel sad for him.”
“For Uncle Lolu?” Yomade asked Imade.
“Yes. He is a good man. He groomed me to be a decent girl, so many of my classmates started having sex right from secondary school but his constant counsel helped me a lot. My sister did not even have the time to groom me. He did all the work of raising me. There’s nothing a guy can say to me that can freak me and when it comes to material things! You guys know nau…”
“Don’t even go there. He is one in a million.” Sarah attested.
“If only we didn’t get entangled romantically, we would have been in a better place by now.”
“You guys will be fine.” Yomade tried consoling her.
We are the true definition of the adage that says ‘birds of the same feather’……”
“……flocks together.” Yomade took the words from Imade’s mouth.
Imade checked the time, “I think we should all go to bed, we are leaving very early tomorrow……” She paused to check what the time says on her phone. “Sorry, I mean today, this is 3:20am.” She stood up.
“It’s a lie.” Sarah said.
“Look,” Imade showed her the time on the phone. “We have just few hours left before day break.”
“Before we go to bed, I have another confession.” Sarah voiced out.

3 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Bollinah(f): 11:58am On Jan 27, 2023
Thanks for the update
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
Bollinah:
Thanks for the update
You're welcome.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2023
grin grin
YoungBruzzy:
Sarah and Yomade playing daddy n mummy under the duvet, sweet!

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2023
Sarah, Which confession again bayii??

Thanks for the update Op.
More ink to your pen.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2023
DemiKOL:
Sarah, Which confession again bayii??

Thanks for the update Op.
More ink to your pen.
Thank you.....

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2023
Sarah and Yomade don spoil family grin

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by AmaPaulOma(m): 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
This suspense is unreal 😲

Abeg, let's get to read Sarah's other confession today I 🙏🏼

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
Confessions episodes. Sarah’s confession

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
Confession time grin

This confession of a thing, will make them a better person. That is why it is good to have someone you can pour out your problem to.

Once you do that, the problem is half solved.

Thanks for the update ma'am 👍👍👍

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Sarah and Yomade don spoil family grin
You're welcome sir
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
AmaPaulOma:
This suspense is unreal 😲

Abeg, let's get to read Sarah's other confession today I 🙏🏼
Smile......
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Calenikan:
Confession time grin

This confession of a thing, will make them a better person. That is why it is good to have someone you can pour out your problem to.

Once you do that, the problem is half solved.

Thanks for the update ma'am 👍👍👍
Hmm....you are right. Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 8:01am On Jan 28, 2023
Deep down imade’s heart she is just confuse

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2023
Happy weekend everyone,

HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

“Before we go to bed, I have another confession.” Sarah voiced out.
“Another confession! That means we are not sleeping today.” Imade said and sat back.
“Do you remember the day we both came back to school a week before resumption, that I met Uncle Lolu here?” Sarah asked Imade.
“Yes, by the way that was the day my sister left the house, I brought him here because I don’t want him to be alone as at that time.”
“Well, I had plans too that day, I was supposed to meet with someone here.”
“You mean Yomade.”
“Yes but I heard to go meet him in his school instead.”
“But he stays in the school hostel?”
“Yea, we are together at his friend’s place off campus.”
“You should have allowed him come over nau….I doubt if I would read a meaning to it that day.”
“You’ve forgotten that you and I left his house the same day claiming to spend the remaining holiday in our various houses. So if you have seen him here that day unannounced, you would have suspected us.” Sarah explained.
“Well Uncle Lolu suspected you. In fact, he was the one who told me that you have a boyfriend and you planned to meet up that day. It’s just that I never thought it to be Yomade.”
“I guess guys knows this stuff.” Yomade stated.
“I guess so too.”
“I bet Uncle Lolu would have suspected it was me.” Yomade chipped him.
“I’m not sure though, I even think Sarah was a lesbian.”
“Lesbian ke, with all the plenty fine guys in this world.” Sarah said.
“So you know that there are plenty fine guys but you….” Imade swallowed the rest. “Let me just stop so as not to sound judgmental.” Imade said to Sarah
“Yea just stop. I’ve not even started with the other confession.”
“Ah!”Imade exclaimed.
“Well, after Uncle Lolu left this place that day, he contacted me…………”Sarah confessed.
“He contacted you?”
“Yes. Uncle Lolu called me a week after we resumed the new session and told me you guys have issues and you refuse to let him send you money. So he confided in me and started sending the money.”
“Sarah, tell me you are joking.” Imade stood up fuming with anger.” Yomade persuaded her to sit.
“I’m sorry friend but Uncle Lolu has been sending money to me to buy foodstuff and the rest. He even renewed our house rent, it’s wasn’t my father. You and I know know my father is useless. I only lied to you that he has changed. Everything is Uncle Lolu’s doing.” Sarah explained. Imade was shocked to the bone. She turned to Yomade who was trying to calm her down.
“You know about this too!”
“I’m sorry, I can’t tell you. It’s not in my place to do that.” Yomade pleaded.
“I thought we were friends.” Imade shook her head sadly.
“Yes we are. We can’t watch you suffer, reason why we kept the information from you.” Yomade stated.

4 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2023
grin grin grin

Another fine update

Thanks ma
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2023
Calenikan:
grin grin grin

Another fine update

Thanks ma
Uwc sir
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by queentener(f): 10:23am On Jan 29, 2023
rachealfst:
Invite:
kevwecute1, temig, Kaycee9242, MYGIST, Blackween, damselposh, Faspen, Jentle244, adefunke62,
skubido, nogodye, Adesina12, anneboy02' Ray1251 AJECKING, queenitee, princessadeola, Halyma
Divineroyalty, dupsai, ann2012, LightQueen
crislyn, Born2Breed nastynic, Nogody, genius43, mhizcutie, Ayanfe29, emmytemmy, Kaycee9242 hfinest1 Babysuccess, Xeynab, Shola2019, Finumokesayo, oluwadabira, Ann2012, beldad, genius43, cubby4, queentener, Humbleness, izaray, BIGGIE121, kaysmart4real, Kaycee9242, Divineroyalty, Divinelypruned, Jagaban880, Treasurewamiri, iamgprince, Joecristiano7,Nwiboko26, cocotrendz, Nogodye, lonesome501, Ven97, Treasure17,
Lilly4endu, Wuhmie, garuzmarstk, Emex100, Youngbruzzy, Ettabe195, emmytemmy, uchedora, maxipharo, skubido, PrudySara, duruZed, Haredes, Odoogu, Blessinzy, damiscrown28, coscleyl12, damselposh, pelujam, kamchizzy, Hanibal, Rahyberg, estygoldy, Gnvl, Elquddus100, iamgprince, aprilwise, Sharonmum08, Youngados

GOD BLESS YOU.
"HERS NOT MINE" is available on okadabooks
THANKS.
Thanks for the invite, I changed my phone and had to download another okada app but I am finding it difficult to open the app. Please is another experiencing the same issue?
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2023
queentener:
"HERS NOT MINE" is available on okadabooks
THANKS.
Thanks for the invite, I changed my phone and had to download another okada app but I am finding it difficult to open the app. Please is another experiencing the same issue?
That could be network problem. Please try again. Thanks.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 12:31am On Jan 30, 2023
Oliver Twist ✌️💯

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by beelon1020(m): 2:57am On Jan 30, 2023
Thanks for the update...
One good deed by 2 bad guys...
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:25am On Jan 30, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Imade cried because she accepted all Sarah gave her for friendship sake, it cost her nothing to turn her offers down.
“I can’t watch you suffer Imade, you even took a part time job just to keep the body and soul together, you worked tiredlessly to complete your project, the least we can do is to at least help out with your feeding, reason why I played along.” Sarah explained herself further.
“It’s okay. I’ll probably do the same if the tables were turned.” Imade shrugged.
“One more thing.”
“Haa……..Sarah. What else?”
“Uncle Lolu knows about your part-time job.”
“So, you sold me out patapata.” Imade clapped her hands slowly.
“I had to tell him because he was worried about your welfare especially your money-consuming project.”
“I hope that is all?” Imade asked Sarah.
“One last thing…..” She said raising her index finger up slowly.
“We should just tag today ‘confession time.’ Oya, Minister of information, what else did you tell him? Let’s hear it.” Imade urged her to go ahead.
“Uncle Lolu knows about the NYSC posting and he also knows that we are moving our things to Lagos today.”
“Ha…….Friends can kill indeed o……thank God no one gave you that contract Sarah.”
“Haba…..Imade, you know I won’t do anything to hurt you.”
“Oh! You think all these did not hurt me Sarah. A man I planned to cut all ties with, was the one feeding me for over a year now without my knowledge!” She lamented and Yomade spoke up.
“Imade, you just have to pardon Sarah, no one knew the reason for your falling apart. We just thought you were been stubborn….”
“…..or being rebellious.” Sarah cut in. No one knew….”
“….I slept with him, right. Okay fine.” Imade said with a blank facial expression. The two cousins didn’t know where she stands.
“Imade…..” Yomade reached out to her and she took his hand. “Trust me, we meant no harm.”
“I know.” She said and the tears she was trying hard to hold back started flowing afresh. The two rallied round her and embraced her. They were there for few seconds, then they refrained.
They all took their seat and by the time they checked the time, there was no time to go back to bed. They started packing the few things that are left to be packed. Yomade helped a lot. When they were through, they took their bath, dressed up and as if the driver knew they were all set, he showed up and by few minutes after six that morning, they took off.

Two days after they got to Lagos, the three had plans to go get the kits they needed for the orientation camp. They were so exhausted the day they got to Lagos that all they could do the next day was to sleep, eat and relax all day.
They left the house that morning to shop, they returned, ate because they came back famished and started arranging their things and packed their bags. At the early hours of the evening, the three went into the compound to get fresh air, as they were discussing, Yomade recalled something and spoke up.
“Imade, what happened the night you rushed into Sarah’s room? We never get to talk about it.”
“That’s true, sincerely, I have forgotten too. If not I would have bring it up.” Imade replied him.
“You are right, that night was a lot. Everything we all discovered were so hard to take in.” Sarah pointed out.
“It was terrible, trust me but at least we eventually unveiled our dark sides.” Yomade added.
“True.” Imade said and gave the gist of the money Mr. Bowale sent her. The cousins couldn’t believe their ears.
“The money some married men spend on cheating no be here o….. 600k!” Shocked Sarah exclaimed.
“With the present situation of the economy, someone just blow off that amount for sex!” Yomade muttered. “So what’s your plan now?” He asked her.
“Do I need a plan for that, I’m returning the money of course. I told him that night to drop his account number and I’m still waiting for his response.”
“That’s better.” Sarah said and was supported by Yomade.
“You know what, let me call him and remind him of the account details I told him to send.” The cousins urged Imade to go ahead.
Imade placed the call but the man didn’t pick up. Instead he sent a text message asking if she had agreed to his request. She replied back and told him she is not interested and that he should send his account details but the man did not send it. Imade wondered why the man was stalling but Yomade said, he wants to give her enough time to change her mind. Sarah who was still pissed off with the man’s philandering lifestyle changed the topic.
“Imade, I think you should call Uncle Lolu.”
“She is avoiding him for a reason, remember.” Yomade replied his cousin instead.
“I know but now that she knows that Uncle Lolu is still in her business then she should just give him a call and acknowledge it.”
“Okay. I will but not now.” Imade said. She stood up and suggested they go back in which they did.

6 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:26am On Jan 30, 2023
beelon1020:
Thanks for the update...
One good deed by 2 bad guys...
You're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria: Report Indicts Nigerian Poet For Molesting 19 'daughters' / Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That / John Mahama Receives Godspower Oshodin, Nigerian Poet (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.