Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo (14420 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 9:50am On Jan 20, 2023
Peju what’s the color of your problem na
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:32am On Jan 21, 2023
This Peju get problem no be small. She should be grateful that she’s got one of the good man out there. Yeah, Lolu committed a great mistake but atleast he is sorry and remorseful about it not some men that will go about showcasing their extra marital affairs in the face of their partner. She better give herself some senses before Lolu do something worse.
Thanks ma’am for this masterpiece

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:14am On Jan 21, 2023
aprilwise:
Telling the truth will cause more harm and will break the family beyond repair
Hmm.....
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:16am On Jan 21, 2023
DemiKOL:

I am a lady.
I kuku know o. You follow my stories nau...It was an error ma.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:17am On Jan 21, 2023
Damilgodwin:
Peju what’s the color of your problem na
Lol.....
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:18am On Jan 21, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
This Peju get problem no be small. She should be grateful that she’s got one of the good man out there. Yeah, Lolu committed a great mistake but atleast he is sorry and remorseful about it not some men that will go about showcasing their extra marital affairs in the face of their partner. She better give herself some senses before Lolu do something worse.
Thanks ma’am for this masterpiece
Thank you too. God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:19am On Jan 21, 2023
Happy weekend everyone.

The next morning, they woke up and got the shocker of their lives. Peju called Lolu and her sister to the sitting room. They all sat down to listen to what she has to say.
“I’ve been transferred to Abuja.” She dropped the bump shell.
“You’ve been transferred or you worked your transfer to Abuja.” Lolu questioned but she didn’t reply instead she gave him a condescending look. Lolu stood up to leave but Imade held him back.
“What! I’m out of here.” He said but Imade who was already crying did not allow him leave. “What else did she wants from me? Should I go and die because I cheated on her,” Lolu burst into an uncontrollable tears. “Peju! What do you want? What do you want me to do to make this go away? Tell me, I can’t kill myself but if you want me dead, feel free to poison me at least I’m your husband you can do whatever you want with me.” Lolu poured out.
“Sister mi……e jo…. (Please) It will never happen again.” Imade went on her knees. Kneeling before her, Peju turned to her sister.
“Did he tell you that it won’t happen again? Is that what he told you?”
“It will never happen again.” Lolu went on his knees too. The two knelt in front of Peju but her look showed she cared less. They continue pleading with her but she told them she has made up her mind.
Then her phone rang, she told the caller to come inside. She stood up and opened the front door, then she went into her rooms and brought out her luggage. The man who happened to be a cab man helped her with the luggage as he took them out into the car.
“Sister mi, I’ll get out of your life since you’ve decided to make this move. You don’t need to send me anything. You’ve done enough for me. Thank you so much and I’m really sorry that things ended like this between us but God knows if I have it in my power to make things right, I would have done that.” Imade said and stood up from where she was kneeling. Peju took another look at her husband and then left.
Imade went into her room and started packing all her belongings, then Lolu who hasn’t stepped foot in her room ever since the incidence, showed up.
“You are leaving me too?” He asked calmly.
“I’m leaving this house not you.”

5 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 11:23am On Jan 21, 2023
Happy weekend ma’am

But this update short sha
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2023
Peju just make the costliest mistakes of her life by moving over to Abuja. She seems tired of the childless marriage to me whereas she is the cause of that. Lolu should just move on

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2023
Nawa o

Happy weekend ma'am
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by mostob(m): 8:41am On Jan 22, 2023
Peju just made a costly mistake. Imade might end up filling the void. Weldone OP.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by mostob(m): 8:42am On Jan 22, 2023
Wait ..let me imagine.
Lolu and Imade play another match which resulted to pregnancy. This may likely open Peju's can of worms.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 5:20am On Jan 23, 2023
The reaction from peju its what I don’t understand such an heartlessness

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:33am On Jan 23, 2023
Ann2012:
Happy weekend ma’am

But this update short sha
Smile. Don't mind me.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:33am On Jan 23, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Peju just make the costliest mistakes of her life by moving over to Abuja. She seems tired of the childless marriage to me whereas she is the cause of that. Lolu should just move on
Hmm.....
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:34am On Jan 23, 2023
mostob:
Peju just made a costly mistake.
Imade might end up filling the void.
Weldone OP.
Thank you....and thanks for following.

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:35am On Jan 23, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Imade went into her room and started packing all her belongings, then Lolu who hasn’t stepped foot in her room ever since the incidence, showed up.
“You are leaving me too?” He asked calmly.
“I’m leaving this house not you.”
“I don’t get you.”
“School is resuming next week, so let’s go to my place. I can’t stay in this house and I’m not leaving you here either.”
“I’ll be fine. You just go.” Lolu declined.
“I’m scared of leaving you all alone. I don’t want you to go and do something stupid like the last time that you drank yourself to stupor.”
“I promise it won’t happen again.”
“Of course it will because as it is, that is what my sister will eventually achieve with that rash decision she made. She will eventually push you into the hands of another woman and while me; Imade, Peju’s sister is still alive, I will never let that happen. So, let’s go.”
“But we agreed to stay away from each other.” Lolu reminded her.
“That was before my sister moved out of the house. Now that she is gone, then I have to be in your life. I will not open my eyes and allow another woman take her home!”
“Imade that could be dangerous.”
“The feelings, right. That will be our punishment, we will be in each other’s life knowing that we can never have each other. The feeling is there but we will never act on it. So go pack a bag and let’s go. I’m almost through.” She instructed and he left for his room. An hour later they were already on their way to Imade’s school with Lolu behind the wheels.
They got to school and did the clean up together. She cooked and they settled down to eat.
“Imade, I think I should just leave tomorrow, your friend may show up.”
“You mean Sarah, we left Yomade’s place together, she’s at her mum’s presently and she said she’s coming back next week.” She explained.
“You told her that you were coming next week too but something came up that made you change your mind.” He pointed out.
“I doubt if she’ll come.” Imade waved it off.
After eating, Lolu relaxed a bit and then brought out his computer and started working. He was just forcing himself to concentrate on his work, he still couldn’t come to terms with the fact that his wife left him. Later in the evening when Lolu was through, Imade served dinner.
“Imade you are in your finals, what’s your plan for this session?” Lolu asked.
“Face the last phase of university life squarely of course.” She shrugged.
“I know but I was there when you told your sister to stop sending you money.”
“Don’t tell me you want to start sending me money because I won’t collect it.” She stated.
“So what’s your plan? Or you want to join the hook up stuff that girls do these days.”
“Never! Uncle Lolu stop!”
“How do you intend to cope Imade?” He cocked his head.
“My sister had already sent my school fees last week. Since school fees is out of it, I’ll cope.”
“Did you hear yourself? How will you cope? What about feeding? What about your final year project?”
“I will handle it.”
“Really! You think you can?”
“Uncle Lolu, if I get any credit alert from you, then consider our relationship over.”
“You want to cut ties with me the way you did to your sister?” She did not reply him, she just walked out of the room and sat all alone in the sitting room.
The next morning, Sarah showed up. She was also shocked when she saw Lolu’s car in the compound. She had plans too, that was why she came over to school before the resumption date but as it is, she has to cancel her plans since Imade is around.
Imade heard someone opening the front door. “Who could that be?” She asked, not really directing the question to Lolu.
“Who could that be? How many flatmate do you have?”
“I can’t believe Sarah returned to school without telling me!”
“Of course, the same way you returned to school without telling her.” He replied her with a sarcastic tone.
“Fine! You predicted this.” She said and he shrugged. “I need to come up with something.” She said looking straight into his eyes.
“Whatever lie you want to come up with, just remember my car is outside.” He warned.
“True. Let me step out.” She said and left the room to welcome her friend.
“I’m surprise to see you….” Imade said with a smile.
“Same here.” She smiled back as Imade helped her with her luggage. “Uncle Lolu is around. I can see you’ve settled your fight.”
“We are not fighting.” She said as she moved her things and placed them close to her room. “Let’s keep them here, so we can clean the room.”
“You want to help me?”
“Sure.”
“Awww……that’s why I love you.” Sarah pulled her into a hug and they started cleaning afterwards. As they were cleaning Sarah brought up Imade and Lolu’s issue again.
“Imade, you don’t know how happy I am to see that the two of you are now good. He hasn’t step foot here in months, it’s even up to a year.”
“Sarah……how many times will I tell you that there’s no such thing.”
“Hello……You spent the holiday elsewhere, something you’ve never done before. Anyway, I’m happy things her back to normal again at least he’s now here.” Sarah said and Imade scoffed at the word back to normal. If only Sarah knew that her sister had left the house.
“Yeah, he is here. I know you missed him.” Imade smacked her.
“Who will not miss Uncle Lolu, once he shows up, I know that week na enjoyment.” She joked and they both laughed.
“Why did you return early?” Imade asked.
“You know nau…, that home is something else. It’s my father versus my step mother this time around and that house is on fire. I just carried my back jejeli and left.” Sarah explained and that was the truth though she left the house because she had other plans.
“Eyah…..Hope your mum is fine sha?”
“She is used to it jare. But it’s still funny that we both met here today unannounced.” Sarah said. Imade was about to tell her that they got here yesterday but she decided against it since Sarah did not ask, she decided not to tell.
“Thank you so much, you made the cleaning easier and faster for me.” Sarah thanked Imade when they were through with the cleaning.
“It’s nothing. I’ll be in my room.”
“Okay, I’ll come over to say hi to Uncle Lolu before he leaves.”
“He is not leaving today, he has a business to attend to in town.” She lied.
“Oh! Okay.” She said then Imade returned to her room. Sarah heard the sound of her door, then she grabbed her phone from her reading table where she placed it and then make a call.
“Hello. You can’t come. I have company, I’ll explain everything to you later.” Sarah said and ended the call.
Imade sat down quietly when she returned to her room. She did not want to disturb Lolu who was working. When Lolu was through with what he was doing on the laptop, though he has just 15 minutes break. He looked up this time, and saw Imade going through her phone.
“What did you tell her?” Lolu asked.
“You have a business to attend to here in town.”
“You know that excuse is not tenable for staying here for days when hotel exists.” Lolu pointed out.
“I don’t know what to say. That is the only thing I can come up with.”
“I need to leave today. If we don’t want to fuel any suspicion.”
“You can’t leave, you know the reason why I brought you here. I don’t want you to stay alone.”
“I’m your brother in-law, staying here is absurd to an outsider.”
“I know. Okay, can you leave tomorrow instead? I mean we got here less than twenty four hours.” She said and he sighed.
“Okay. I’ll leave tomorrow. And stop worrying about me. I’m fine Imade.”
“You are fine and you didn’t sleep all night.”
“That means you are awake yourself.” He said and she scratched her hair slowly. He was right. “We’ll be fine.” He said and she nodded. Then they heard a knock.
“Sarah!” She called out.
“Yes, it’s me.” She responded. Imade opened the door. Sarah walked in and greeted Lolu, they both exchanged pleasantries. Then she turned to Imade. “I’m leaving anytime soon.”
“Leaving to where? You just got here nau.” Imade challenged her.
“I changed my mind. There is this friend I’ve been planning to visit. So I decide to use this remaining days of the holiday to do that.”
“You have a friend I don’t know. Anyways, just call home and let them know your whereabouts.”
“I can’t call home nau….”
“If that’s the case, then tell Yomade. At least you can confide in him.”
“Sure, that I will do.”
“Okay, are you ready now, so I can see you off?” Imade asked her.
“Yeah, let me just go back to my room and pick my things.” She said and greeted Lolu who gave her some cash. She thanked him and left the room with Imade. Imade saw her off and returned to the room few minutes later. She met Lolu working on his laptop.
“You can now stay till school resumes.” She announced.
“Okay.” He said but didn’t take his eyes off Imade.
“What!”
“Your friend has a boyfriend.” He muttered.
“Really!”
“I guess she planned to meet up with him but meeting you here ruined her plans.” He said and Imade sighed.
“But why did she lie about not having a boyfriend.”
“We all have secrets.”
“Is she a lesbian?”
“Imade!”
“Okay, explain why she’s keeping her relationship a secret.”
“Let’s forget about it.” Lolu said and returned to work.
The two were indoor all through, keeping each other’s company. When Lolu is free, that is, when he is not working, the two watched movies and gist. They were just enforcing the happiness that is not there. The two were deeply worried about Peju’s relocation, it’s like she is determined to end the marriage.
Lolu tried reaching out to his wife but she has blocked him. Peju sent messages to her sister online and Imade replied telling her to unblock her husband and if she did not unblock him, she will block her too. Peju read her message and didn’t reply her.
At the same time, Lolu is concerned about Imade’s welfare. He tried to give Imade reasons why she needs to accept allowances from him but she objected still. Imade also told him that she will never step foot in her sister’s matrimonial home again except they reconcile.
“What about holidays Imade. I suggest you make up with your sister, at least you can go to her place in Abuja whenever you are on break.”
“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be in school. This is my final year, so I’ll definitely be busy with my project.” Imade ruled out that option.
“If you don’t need me. Then you’ll need your sister. You’ll need money and I don’t want you to go about sourcing money elsewhere.”
“If that is the price I have to pay for breaking your home, then so be it.”
“Imade!” “Uncle Lolu! Please…..”
“Fine,” He said and Lolu gave up on the matter.
A day to the school resumption, Lolu left and returned to Lagos while Sarah returned the following day. Then things continued as before as school resumed and registration commenced. Imade did one more thing, he blocked Lolu phone lines. She realized cutting him off is the only thing that can fix her heart.

3 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2023
This small girl get mind

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2023
Omo this story is taking another twist road oo

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 5:17am On Jan 24, 2023
Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
Ann2012:
You're welcome ma.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
Calenikan:
Thanks for the update
Uwc sir
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo.

CHAPTER 7
Few months later, Imade couldn’t manage any longer. Sarah had been the one sustaining her by giving her foodstuff monthly, including other household supply like toiletries and the rest. Sarah told her that her father has become so generous to her that he tripled her allowance but now Imade doesn’t even have enough cash to even cook the foodstuff she gave her. Her bank account is not smiling, the worst part of it is that her project is draining her, so she had to voice out to Sarah. Fortunately, Yomade was also around. They sat in the sitting room in the evening as usual.
“Guys, please I need a job.”
“A job!” Yomade said, surprised.
“For what?” Sarah asked.
“I need money and the only way to make money is to have a job.”
“You are still speaking in parables. How on earth will you not have money?” Yomade stated.
“Fine, I will spill it.”
“Spill it.” Yomade replied her.
“I’m not in good terms with my sister and her husband. So I’ve been on my own for months now.” She explained.
“Wait o…are you saying your sister and her husband stop sending you money?” Yomade questioned.
“Actually, I told them to stop sending money. My sister did once but I transferred it back to her.”
“Ah! You transferred it back, that means you have money.” Yomade said and Sarah gave him a back slap.
“She has money and she’s looking for job abi.” She eyed his cousin.
“Okay, fine but you can’t do a full time job, you are in final year. Remember, project is still there o.” Yomade pointed out.
“If I can get a part-time job, I think that will do.”
“Imade….I think you should drop the idea. We can look out for each other nau….” Said Sarah.
“No, I don’t like living off people. By the way you give me foodstuff monthly, so you’ve tried.”
“I think we should go out tomorrow and look around if we can get a job for her.” Yomade said and Sarah slapped his back, harder this time.
“Ouch!”
“What’s wrong with this one? Are you supporting this?” Sarah said to him.
“Easy nau….Sarah you are taking this thing too serious. You even hit him hard.” Imade said. Then she turned to Imade. “Pele jare. (Sorry)”
“Why will he give such suggestion?” Sarah tackled him more.
“I like the idea. I will go with him tomorrow, you can stay behind if you don’t like it.” Imade said and finally Sarah agreed to go with them the next day.
Next day, they went round the neighborhood and luckily, they got her a ‘home teacher’ job and the pay is not bad because the family who gave her the job are rich. The kids are just two and she is to take them three times a week. The three went back home happy because they really got lucky with the job, that particular family were in dire need of a home teacher and they don’t want to hire a teacher from the kids’ school.
The following week, Imade resumed her part-time job. It was not easy joggling school work with her part-time job especially with her project that is time demanding but she had no choice since she needed the money. Imade believe she had no right whatsoever to still live off her sister and her husband. Not after ruining their marriage. So she continued living life on her own.

At last, Imade and her friend wrote their last paper. They finished their exams the same day and that evening when they got home they danced and danced, they were so elated. A week later they defended their project. Followed by their external defence and finally they did their clearance and signed out.
The two friends did not travel they were still very much around waiting for their call-up letter. Imade is still going for her private teaching job, she had made up her mind to continue with the job till she leaves for NYSC.
Sarah and Imade haven’t seen Yomade yet, they only talked on phone to congratulate each other. He signed out few days after them and he has promised to show up after moving his things to Lagos. Since he promised to come back to check on them, they decided to be hopeful that he will show up.
Sarah and Imade finished eating breakfast turned brunch anyway. It was Imade who cooked that day. Then Sarah got a call from Yomade who informed him that he had move his things home and promise to show up soonest.
“When is he coming?” Imade asked after the call ended.
“He says soonest.”
“Yomade is scoping us, he has gone back to Lagos for good.”
“That’s not true, you know him nau…he will show up.”
“Says his favourite cousin, so I’ll believe you.”
“Imade, we need to make plans too o. When are you moving your things home?”
“Home! It’s like you forget things this days. I don’t have a home.”
“Imade……when are you going to stop this your stubbornness and go home. That’s the only family you have, remember.” Sarah said and Imade shook her head. If only Sarah knew she was the one who ruined the only place she can call home.”
“Maybe I will just retain this place till I come back from youth service.”
“You want to spend all your hard earned money on house rent!”
“What other choice do I have?”
“You know what? Let me talk to Yomade, they have one big store like that at the back of their house. Do you remember the last time we went there for holiday, there was a day we went there to search for old newspapers.”
“Hmm, I remember.” Imade recalled.
“We can move our things there, even me I don’t want to go back home too.”
“I think I understand your own situation.”
“I just pray I get a good job after NYSC so I can just get an apartment of my own.”
“I pray so too.”
“Since you’ve agreed. I’ll talk to Yomade. We will just get a vehicle that will help us pack our things to Lagos.”
“Okay. Thanks so much for your help. Sarah, I never for once regret meeting you.” Imade said with all sincerity.
“Same here. I really enjoyed school a lot because of you. I never lacked for once because of you.” Sarah kept on recounting.
“Don’t start this exaggeration abeg.”
“Yes nau, we spent Uncle Lolu’s money together. All the shopping and cash and everything…..”
“Which stopped when we got to 400level.” Imade countered.
“Whatever.” The two later went back to their respective room later that night.
Some days later, Yomade showed up, the two girls were so happy to see him. The whole house was light up with fun at the presence of the only male in the house because Yomade is a very lively person. They discussed about their NYSC deployment that very night that Yomade arrived.
“Are you guys planning to serve in the same place?” Imade asked the two cousins. The two looked at each other and answered uniformly.
“No.”
“Why? You guys always do things in common.”
“Not this time.” Yomade replied her.
“Sarah and you are okay with that?” Imade asked her friend.
“Yes, we should give each other breathing space throughout that one year.”
“Wow! That’s a new one coming from you guys.”
“What about you, I know Uncle Lolu will want you to serve in….” Yomade said and Sarah quickly give him a face and he swallowed the rest. Sarah knew Imade may get angry with Yomade with what he just said.
“I’m not serving in Lagos o, I don’t even plan to influence my posting. I will go to whichever state I’m deployed too.” Imade informed them. Her voice was a bit low.
“That makes the three of us then.” Sarah said hurriedly and back it up with a laugh. She knew Yomade has just ruined her friend’s mood. Yomade also knew he has hurt Imade for bringing up her family so he quickly make it up with jokes just to cheer her up, eventually Imade loosened up.
The three were together all through the months, waiting for their call-up later, they also used the opportunity to embark on a three months empowerment training program in their area just to enhance themselves. Going for the training and coming back home to their lives every day was fun. They cooked and ate together, gist into late nights before they go to bed.

6 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
Haba Jamal poor lmade

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:13am On Jan 26, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Finally, their call-up letter was out. Yomade went back to his own school the next day to get his, while the other two went to the campus to collect theirs. Yomade returned that evening with his call-up later. Imade was posted to Delta state, Sarah was posted to River state while Yomade was posted to Enugu state. So the three started planning, they are to resume camp the following week.
Imade had informed the family she works with as a part-time teacher that she’ll be leaving for her youth service and will not be able to take the children again. The day she went to say her goodbye, she didn’t meet the kids’ mother. She only met their father; Mr. Bowale, who is a good looking man in his early forties. Mr Bowale offered Imade a seat, he wants to entertain her but she declined respectfully. Another thing about Mr. Bowale is that he travels a lot but anytime he is around, he do spend time with his family especially his kids.
Imade bought a little gift for the children, so she handed it to them and they were so happy after receiving it, they ran out of the house with joy going back to play in the compound.
Mr. Bowale informed her that he is travelling that very day and may not get to see after that day. He told Imade to give him her account details, she refrained at first because it was the wife that always pay her salary. He told her she knew how nice she was to her kids and he only wants to show his appreciation.
Imade decided to give him her account details. After that the man went further to ask for her phone number. Imade was like ‘Nibo la tun jasi bayi.’ (Is that necessary) but she just obliged and gave the man her number. She then left the place, the kids even cried when they realized she is leaving them for good but she told them she will ensure to speak with them on phone.
That same day, Yomade went out in search for a vehicle that will help the girls move their things to Lagos. Sarah had already discussed with him and he had told his parents and they agreed. Yomade got a vehicle, he negotiated the price with the driver and they conclude on moving very early the next day.
He got back and informed Sarah and Imade and they thanked him for his help. They asked for the cost of the transportation fare but he told them not to bother that he’ll fix it. Yomade is into graphic designs stuff and he earns little something from it. He learned that when the three went for the empowerment program. Later that night, they all went to their respective room.
Imade showered and changed into her night rest, then she lay on her bed going through her Whatsapp messages and then she got a message, it was a credit alert, she clicked to opened it and to her surprise she saw a hundred thousand naira with details stating the sender as Mr. Bowale. Imade opened her mouth, still surprised at what she saw and as if that was not enough, she got a call from the man and received the greater shock.
“Hello Sir, I was about calling too, it’s just that I was taken aback when I saw the money.”
“Imade, I’ll just go straight to the point. I like you a lot, but the reason why I didn’t saw a word all this while is because you are my kids’ teacher and we also live in the same neighbourhod but now that you are leaving the state, if you don’t mind I want us to date.”
“Date! How is that even possible? I’m leaving town.”
“Yea, leaving town makes it easy my dear. I can come over to anywhere you are.”
“You are married sir.”
“Of course, that’s not new. There is no big deal in dating a married man.”
“It’s a big deal for me.” Imade said and her head did a flash back to the day he slept with her brother in-law. She quickly shook off that thought and return to the present moment. Mr. Bowale was still on phone trying to make her see reasons why she needed someone like him in her life.
“Calling me this late means you are not home, right?”
“Yes, I told you earlier today that I’m travelling.”
“Hmm.”
“Imade you’ll gain more from this relationship, you know.”
“Really!” She was pulling his legs.
“I can give you anything you need, not only that, I can also help you get a good job after your youth service. I can even help you with redeployment to any state of your choice.”
“I intentionally didn’t influence my posting, more so I didn’t work for you because I don’t have a financial backing, I do but I intensionally cut off that financial support because I want to be on my own. So you should know that money is not an issue for me. Just one call, then all I need is fixed.” Imade stated.
“But I really do like you Imade.”
She is now getting really pissed with the man as she raised her voice this time. “Please sir, send me your account details, I’ll forward your money.”
“My dear, sleep over our discussion for tonight. And now that I know that you don’t have money issues, then I’ll try my best in winning you over.”
“Sir, just send your account….” She was still saying and the line went off. Imade was still looking at the phone surprised that the man even have the nerve to hang up on her then her phone buzzed, it was a credit alert, it was half a million.
“Ah……” She exclaimed. “Sarah must hear this.” She wore her slippers and ran out of her room. Without even thinking, Imade barged into Sarah’s room but she got the greatest shock of her life, Imade staggered.

5 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by AmaPaulOma(m): 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Pls, I don't like this suspense, just let the next episode roll in 🙏🏼

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
I know what Sarah is doing but I won’t say it. Thanks for the updates
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2023
Thanks for the update mama.

But this suspense ehn.........

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2023
Hmm.......
aprilwise:
I know what Sarah is doing but I won’t say it. Thanks for the updates

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by mostob(m): 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
My suspicion about to become real... I knew it can't just be that simple.
weldone dear Author
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:50pm On Jan 26, 2023
Sarah and Yomade playing daddy n mummy under the duvet, sweet!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria: Report Indicts Nigerian Poet For Molesting 19 'daughters' / Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That / John Mahama Receives Godspower Oshodin, Nigerian Poet (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.