Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo (14416 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Zazaza: 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
rachealfst:
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

******next ple
Lolu returned home and started rehearsing his speech, he checked the time, and his wife will be at home any moment. He had called her to inform her that he had returned home. She was a little bit surprised that he came back earlier than expected but all the same she was happy that her husband is back.
He went into the kitchen and prepared dinner, few minutes after he was done, his wife arrived. They greeted each other warmly even though it wasn’t same for Lolu.
“How’s work. Hope all went well?” Peju asked.
“Hmm…yeah.” He replied and she left for the bedroom while Lolu remained in the sitting room.
Peju showered and went into the kitchen to dish the food. She returned to the dining and served the food. She looked around, Lolu was nowhere to be found.
“Lolu!!” She called out and he stepped in from outside. He was at the balcony trying to get the fresh air he was lacking at the time, Lolu was tensed and wasn’t finding it easy to breathe, reason why he stepped out.
“I’m here.” He said and walked slowly to the dining.
“Sweetheart, you are not fine. What’s wrong?”
“I’m fine. Let’s eat.” He replied. Peju prayed on the food and they started eating. Lolu couldn’t eat, he was just staring at his wife and thinking on what that night would look like, for sure it will change a lot of things in their lives and marriage. No one handle infidelity lightly not even a saint can just smile about it and pretend as if it’s nothing. Infidelity is a big deal and he already knows the consequences of his actions.
“Lolu! You are not eating,” Peju pointed out with a concerned look. “Is something wrong, are you sick? Are you….”
“I’ll be in the room.’’ He said and carried his plate into the kitchen and went straight into the room.
Peju had to stop eating too, she can’t continue eating when something is definitely wrong with her husband, and she entered the room almost immediately.
“Peju, please go eat your food. You’ve heard a stressful day and you need to eat to have your strength back.” Lolu beckoned to her but she refused to go back to eat.
“Lolu, whatever it is that turned my lively husband into this, I must not take it with levity. I’m your wife and we don’t keep secret from each other. Now please……tell me what is eating you up.” She persuaded him and then he went on his knees. “Lolu! What is this for? Lolu please stand up.”
“No, let me remain like this. I have sinned against you, I have defiled our marriage.” He confessed.
“Defiled our marriage, how?”
“Peju, I have wronged you but please find it in your heart to forgive me.”
“Lolu, what did you do?”
“I slept with another woman.” He spilled but she laughed instead.
“Lolu, you are joking right. You know what, just stand up and stop this expensive joke of yours and come to bed.” She walked to the bed and lay down.
“I’m dead serious. I slept with someone Peju.” Peju studied his face and knew he was dead serious. His eyes already hold tears he was fighting.
“Who is she?”
“I beg of you, please permit me to keep that from you.” “Lolu give me a name. Who is that person you slept with or you think I don’t deserve to know!”
“Peju, I acknowledged the fact that you deserve to know who the person is but I’m sorry, I can’t.”
“That means it’s someone I know.” She concluded and he nodded. Peju fixed her gaze on him as tears flows down her eyes.
“What do you want from a woman that I didn’t give you aside a child…?”
“Peju, this has nothing to do with child issue, it’s just a moment of weakness. You know that you are everything to me.”
“I don’t think so and you know what, I don’t want you in this room and I don’t want you anywhere near me.”
“Peju….”
“Get out before I lose it completely.”
“Peju, I promise it will never happen again, let’s settle this amicably.”
“Settle! It’s clear I’m not good enough for you, and that is why you cheated on me with another woman. So just leave me in peace and go enjoy that woman you so much love to the extent of you protecting her.”
“I have my reason for not giving you a name. I’m actually protecting you.” “Really! You know what, I’m done talking. Get out.” She screamed. Lolu feared for her health because she was already shaking profusely and crying at the same time. He had no choice than to leave the room for her if that will keep her calm.
He went straight to the guest room but he couldn’t sleep. He wept until there was no more tears left to shed, he felt bitter for hurting the two women that were precious to him most especially his wife who is now at the receiving end of the grievous mistake he made.
The next morning, he opened the door of the guest room and was shocked at what he saw. Peju had packed all his things and dumped it by the door of the guest room, he rushed to their bedroom. “Peju!!” He called out as he rushed along. He was about to open the door but bumped into her as she stepped out of the room, she was already prepared to set out for work.
“Peju, what is the meaning of all these. Are you trying to…?”
“We can’t share the same bedroom. I can’t sleep with an adulterer, I’m sorry.”
“You mean I’ll be staying in the guest…..”
“Yes, take the guest room. Good bye.” She said and walked pass him. Lolu open his mouth to talk but nothing came out; he didn’t see that coming. He walked back slowly to the guest room, thinking of how to pacify his wife because he can’t stand living with his wife like a stranger.
In the evening before Peju arrived from work, Lolu prepared her favourite food and poured his heart into the cooking hoping that she will give a second thought on her decision. Peju arrived, he greeted her and she responded coldly. He followed as she walked to the bedroom but she shut him out by slamming the door at his face. He tried to open the door but she had locked the door from behind.
“Peju!!!” He knocked repeatedly but she didn’t answer him. He left the place and then returned after 30minutes when he realized she didn’t come out for dinner.
“Peju, I made dinner.”
No response. He went back to the guest room that night sad. He had a lot of office work to attend to online but his troubled heart won’t let him attend to them.
The next morning, he was already waiting for Peju in front of their bedroom. She opened the door and he quickly went on his knees. “Peju, I’ve already opened the door for the devil with my mischievous act, please don’t allow the devil come into this home, acting this way will make him stay. Peju, just try and find a place in your heart to forgive me.” “Lolu, read my lips, I will never forgive you.”
“Peju!”
“Yes, never! And please, stop cooking for me. I won’t eat it; have a nice day.” She said and left him kneeling. Lolu wanted to cry but he held it together.
Later that morning, Imade who had been waiting earnestly for Lolu to call decided to call him instead, she badly wanted to know what was going on at home. She called Lolu and he told her everything. They both hoped that Peju will come around and everything will be fine again. She apologized once again for ruining their wonderful marriage but Lolu told her not to put the blame on herself.
To Lolu and Imade’s surprise, things didn’t go the way they hoped it would. Weeks had turned to months and Lolu was still sleeping in the guest room. The worst part is that the couple hardly see each other, the two are now housemate and nothing more. They share nothing in common again, Peju doesn’t eat Lolu’s food, she doesn’t touch anything he bought and the two were just living like strangers. Peju also told Lolu point blank not to cater for her sister again. So she was now the one sending her money on a monthly basis. “I can take care of my sister.” She had said to him.
Imade refused to go home after everything that happened, her sister had called severally to find out why she stayed away from home even when they were on break but she lied that she had things to attend to in school. Peju never mentioned Lolu’s infidelity to her sister, she knew how much she loved and trusted Lolu and she didn’t want to ruin that for her. Lolu too was surprised when Imade told him that her sister never mentioned it to her, he even thought maybe she was lying to him but he knew Imade can’t lie to him.
At a point, Imade decided to speak up, she can’t stand looking at the two drift away. Even though she is the culprit, still she can’t stand her sister ruin her home because of her lack of forgiveness. After eight good months, Imade decided to go home.
The day she went home, Lolu was surprised to see her although he welcomed her warmly. “I came to see your wife, that’s why I’m home. I know I’m not in the right position to do this but she needs someone to talk sense into her since the two of you refused to let in a third party.”
“Imade, just stay out of this, I believe she’ll come around.”
“That is what you’ve been saying for the past eight months. Let me try, she may listen to me.”
“And what will you tell her if she ask you how you get to know, remember, she hates third party.”
“At this rate, you need a third party and at least I’m fami…” She paused. “I’m family and I still slept with you. Ah! My life,” She said and tears fell from her eyes.
“Imade, it wasn’t your fault.”
She cleaned her face. “I’ll stay for the weekend, then I’ll tell her I observed that you two are not what you used to be, you are even sleeping in the guest room, that’s enough evidence that you guys are not in good terms. I’ll tell her also that you’ve stopped sending me money and all this made me suspect that something is going on.”
“Will that work?” Lolu asked.
“Yes, it will work.” Imade replied.
Imade sat down in the sitting room with her head slightly bowed. Lolu went into the guest room, he came out with his laptop bag and car key. Imade raised her head and saw him.
“Where to?”
“I need to step out for a bit.” Lolu replied her.
“You are leaving the house because of me!”
“I thought we agreed on that.” He reminded her. Imade stood up.
“You don’t need to inconvenient yourself in your own house. Go back in there,” She said pointing to the guest room. “I’ll be in my room.” She made to leave but he stopped her.
“Uncle Lolu what? If I want to sleep with you, I don’t need to come home before I can achieve that. You’re only one call away, just one phone call and it’s done because I know how attached you are to me. Fine, you once loved me like a sister and I love you too like a big brother but things escalated and till now I still can’t fanthom how our relationship escalated into a….a……”
“Romantic relationship.” Lolu helped her out.
“Yes and….. I won’t deny the fact that your thought feels my heart but I just want to let you know that I will never have sex with you again. Somehow, I know I’ll have to kill this forbidden feelings before it destroy us and the only one person we both care about. And…and…..”
“I understand you perfectly. Even things you haven’t said, I know. We are in the same shoe Imade, so we both know where it hurt.” He cut in.
“Good!” She turned her back to leave but his voice stopped her.
“By the way, I appreciate the fact that you know how much control you have over me.”
“Yeah and the reason why I won’t do anything about that power I have over you is because…..”
“I’m not yours.” Lolu took the words from her mouth.
“Yeah, you are not mine.” And as if someone called the shot, fresh tears flows from their eyes and the two left that spot immediately and shut their respective doors. No way! A second time must not happen.
Next please
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ven97: 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thanks for the mention ma'am. I'm loving every bit of this story
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:20am On Jan 14, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Late in the evening, Peju returned from work and went straight to her sister’s room. They greeted each other warmly. Peju apologized for not checking on her lately. Imade told her she understands.
“I made dinner, let me go dish your food.” Imade informed.
“Dinner! I’ll pass. Don’t worry.” Peju replied her sister. Peju has vowed never to eat anything provided in that house by Lolu. So despite the fact that it wasn’t Lolu who cooked the food, she still will not eat it.
“Is it because I made it. Your husband was busy, that’s why I decided to help out.” Imade explained.
“It’s not because of that, it’s just that I ate out.”
“What! When did that start?” Imade questioned her sister.
“I was advised to stop eating late, that’s the reason. Nothing more.”
“Sister…..”
“Imade I need to go to bed, I’m tired, ehn. Goodnight.”
“Goodnight ma.” Imade said. She put off the sitting room light and went to her room to sleep. She realized this is how things goes on in the house. The couple did not even see each other face to face and they live under the same roof. Imade promised to try her best to help them fix their marriage since she’s the instrument that ruined it in the first place.
Inside Peju’s room that night, he gave Lolu a call. Lolu was surprised, he can’t remember the last time she called his line. Lolu picked the call, although if he knew Peju so well, he already knows what she is about to say.
“Let’s pretend as if all is well until Imade leaves.” She said softly, she doesn’t want Imade to hear a thing.
“I knew it,” He said under his breath. “We should be fixing our marriage Peju, not pretending that all is well.” He replied her calmly.
“I am not willing to go on that journey with you, we are no longer husband and wife. We are just housemate.” She said still maintaining the low pitch.
“Really! Then count me out. I am not ready to act or pretend as if all is well.”
“I am not asking. I am telling you that is what I want!”
“Then go ahead with your single cast movie. I am not interested.”
“Lolu!” She raised her voice and quickly calm down.
“What? Peju, I have pleaded and pleaded. And the only reason why I have kept this to myself is because you hate third party in marriage. So what else do you want me to do to make things right, I am ready to do it.”
“Nothing.”
“Then, I have no choice. I think it’s high time I speak up.”
“You wouldn’t dare!”
“’I’m informing my family at least they will help me beg you.”
“Lolu…….don’t dare me.” Peju raised her voice again.
“Then, please…….forgive me. It will never happen again.” He raised his voice too.
“Lolu lower your voice, she must not hear us.”
“Okay but Peju please….”
“I’ll think about it.” She waved him off.
“For how long, it’s been months.”
“Just pretend for now.”
“No, I can’t.”
“Fine, sooth yourself. What do I even expect from a cheating husband?”
“Do you know if you try this with another man, he would have been in the other woman’s arms by now?”
“Really…..so what’s stopping you from doing so?”
“Damn it! It’s because she is someone I can’t……” He swallowed the rest.
“Someone you can’t what?”
“Peju that’s not the point.”
“Oh, but you raised it. That’s your headache anyway. Are we pretending?”
“No!” He said and she hang up on him immediately. Imade was by the door and she heard everything. She wanted to knock but her conscience didn’t allow her. She went back to her room crying. She sat on the floor with her two hands on her head wailing.
“Finally, I broke my sister’s home. How did I get here……God!” She cried all through the night.

Happy Weekend Everyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 12:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ann2012:
You are welcome ma
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2023
I don’t wanna be in position of lolu in my life. Read and learn
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
aprilwise:
Hmmm....
Read and learn!
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
aprilwise:
Amen o. I pray same for all men.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2023
Happy Sunday madam
Thanks for the update
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2023
Opoor what a splendid update

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2023
Calenikan:
Happy Sunday madam
Thanks for the update
Uwc sir
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2023

The next day, Peju dressed up and quietly leaves the house. She planned to avoid her sister too so she won’t get to suspect anything since her cheating husband as refused to play along.
Imade didn’t sleep until like 3:00am, so she didn’t wake up until 7:00am that morning. She left her room to tidy the house and he met Lolu at the dining taking coffee. He is dressed for work, today is his office meeting day. They exchanged their good morning greetings.
“I think you should just return to school. I doubt if your plans can work.” Lolu suggested.
“You are right.”
“She called me on phone last night and ask me to pretend.” Lolu informed.
“I heard everything.”
“Good.”
“I’ll leave this morning then.”
“Okay. Can I drive you?”
“No.”
“Call me if you need anything.”
“I won’t.” Imade declined.
“Okay. Just be good.” He said.
“I will.” He stood up to clear the table. “Don’t worry, I will do that.”
“Thanks. I’ll be on my way.” He informed. He moved closer with the intention to hug her but he stopped. “I’m sorry.” He said and moved backward. All the things they do in the past freely now looks like a crime.
“It’s okay.”
“Call me when you get to sch……sorry, just send a text.”
“I’ll text you.” He nodded and then left the house.

Some hours later, Imade was in school, he texted his brother in-law and her sister, informing them that she’s now in school. In the evening she called her sister and told her she overheard her phone conversation with Lolu the previous night.
“You did what. How dare you eavesdrop on my conversation with my husband?”
“I’m sorry ma. Now that you know that I am aware, can you please find it in your heart to forgive him.”
“Do you know what he did?”
“Yes ma. He cheated on you.”
“Oh! I can see you guys have talked.”
“Sister mi, please find it in your heart to forgive him. It will never happen again.”
“Really! How can you be so sure?”
“I am sure. You and I know Uncle Lolu, he will never hurt you deliberately.”
“Hmm……”
“Sister mi, he’s a good man. Please, don’t push him out.” Imade pleaded.
“I don’t care, he is free to sleep with whoever he wishes to sleep with.”
“I’m begging you in the name of everything you hold dear, please…..”
“Okay….I will think about it.”
“Thank you ma. The devil will not have a place in your home.” She prayed and then ended the call.
Exam period came, Imade tried as much as possible to concentrate on her studies, she knew her second semester exam will be affected due to her psychological state but she still made up her mind to try. After the exam, she knew there was no going home for her, so she decided to stay in school during the break.

Yomade came over a week later. He was also through with his exams in his own school, Sarah waited for him the whole week, because Sarah and Imade finished with their own exams a week earlier. Yomade settled down while his cousin made food for him. “Is Imade not in her room? She didn’t hear my voice?” He said jokingly.
“I told you on phone nau….she has changed o, she rarely come out of her room this days and I have tried my best but she just remain in her shell.”
“Did you ask her about that Uncle Lolu’s visit she never mentioned?”
“No. Remember I told you I called Aunty Peju that very day and I don’t want Imade to know I found out from her sister.”
“So, you decided to keep quiet because she didn’t mention it herself?”
“Exactly.”
“Okay, let’s go to the sitting room. Bring the food, I’ll go and lure her out.” Yomade said and Sarah agreed.
Yomade knocked on Imade’s room and she opened. She smiled at him.
“You want to tell me you didn’t hear my voice.” He said with a broad smile.
“Sincerely, I was about coming out to say hi when you knocked.”
“Oya come out then.” She wore her slippers and followed him. Sarah brought the food and before eating, they first congratulate themselves, they are now in their final year as they hugged one another. They just have one year left and they will be graduates. They ate afterwards. It was rice and meat stew Sarah served and they enjoyed it except one person.
“Imade I can count the number of spoon you took, eat nau….” Yomade said.
“Shebi I told you, she hardly eat this days.”
“Imade see how lean you are. I even thought it’s because of the exam.” Yomade complained.
“It’s not exam o. I don’t understand my friend again.” Sarah stated.
“Don’t worry, I’m here now.” Yomade assured his cousin.
They started gisting and the two cousins informed her they were going home the next day, they were actually going to Yomade’s house.
“When are you going home? We don’t want to leave you here alone.” Yomade said.
“Imade said she’s not going home o.” Sarah informed him.
“It’s a lie. What will you tell your Uncle Lolu and your sister that you are doing in school?”
“I already told them I’m staying back.” Imade lied.
“And they agreed?” Yomade questioned, he didn’t believe her one bit.
“Yomade…..let’s eat. Abeg let this girl be.” Sarah said.
“Okay, if that be the case, then let us all go to my place then.” He suggested.
“That’s true o….at least it is better than leaving her all alone here.” Sarah concurred.
“Guys!!! Please……I want a time alone to myself.”
“But you’ve been doing that for weeks now.” Sarah tackled.
“Just go. I’ll pass.” She said and Sarah and her cousin looked at each other.
“Okay.” They chorused.
They finished eating and got talking. Sarah gist them on how one of her coursemates was caught cheating in the exam.
“The lecturer who invigilated was not lenient at all. The lecturer gave the guy a form to fill, we all pleaded on the guys behalf so that the guy will not fill the form because once he fills the form, there is no going back, that means he had automatically failed that paper.” Sarah narrated.
Yomade also mentioned a student who brought in a machinery to help him write a paper. The machinery is also a student of that school but unfortunately he was caught. And while he was running away from arrest, he jumped from the second floor and broke his leg.
“Ha…..double wahala.” Sarah exclaimed.
“Yeah.” Yomade nodded.
“Eyah…he is dealing with a broken bone and will still be rusticated at the end of the day!” Imade finally spoke.
“Exactly. But rumour has it, that the school authority may tamper justice with mercy.”
“Hmm….that can happen. He may just get an extra year.” Imade stated.
“That is better than been rusticated. If our assumptions are true o…” Sarah added.
“I pity the guy sha, maybe he is doing it for money.” Imade said.
“I think so, the guy who gave him the job is from a rich home and the student caught has financial problems.” Yomade explained.
“Imagine. Where is the guy now?” Sarah asked.
“At the state hospital, he is still on admission.”
“Oga o.” Sarah said and Imade stood up.
“I feeling sleepy already. Thanks for the meal Sarah.”
“Hmm….with that little that you ate, is that one food. Anyway, goodnight.” She said and stood up to carry the plates.
“Let me give you a hand.” Imade said but she told her to go and sleep. Imade left. Sarah took the plate to the kitchen and returned.
“I’m going inside o.” Sarah said to her cousin.
“I’ll join you, you go ahead.”
“Do you still want to sit here?” Sarah asked Yomade.
“I want to have a word with Imade. I’ll join you shortly.”
“Someone who said that she wants to sleep.” She gestured with her hands.
“And you believe that? This is just past nine. We do leave here by midnight sometimes, gisting.” Yomade pointed out.
“Okay.” She said and went back to her room. Yomade stood up and went to Imade’s room. He knocked, she was still awake but did not answer. She feigned sleeping.
“It’s me Imade.” He said and knocked again. “I know you are still awake, just open the door.” Imade got out of bed reluctantly and opened the door. He hasn’t entered her room before. It’s either the three meet in the sitting room or in Sarah’s room.
“Come in.”
“I’m okay like this. Just close the door behind you because of mosquito.”
“Okay.” She replied and closed the door just as he said.
“Imade, this you that is standing right in front of me is not ‘the you’ I used to know. We all have our issues but we don’t have to let them swallow us up….”
“Yomade, see….”
“Allow me speak please, you need to be around people, your own click, if you want this burden lightened.”
“Okay….so you are saying……” She folded her arms across her chest.
“Come with us tomorrow.” She sighed and looked at him and rolled her eyes. He was quite taller than her.
“With the way you are standing rooted before me. I doubt if you’ll take no for an answer.”
“Good! So pack your bag, I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”
“By God’s grace. Goodnight.”
“Goodnight.” He smiled. “You can go back in.” He said. She nodded and went back into her room. Yomade looked around to check if all doors were locked and then went into her cousin’s room.
That night, Imade texted Lolu and told him she was going with her friends for the holiday. Lolu called her back immediately to hear her voice just to be sure she was the one who texted him. Lolu knew the reason why she was avoiding home so he couldn’t object. Since she’ll still be within Lagos and not some far away place, he was cool with it.

4 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hmm Imade still have that hold on this Lolu. What a pity sad
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ghostrider001(m): 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Nice one op.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Hmm Imade still have that hold on this Lolu. What a pity sad
Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
Ghostrider001:
Nice one op.
Thank you.....
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thumbs up boss
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Nwiboko26(f): 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
I have been waiting patiently for you to show up with a new book and you finally did. Okadabooks here I come ������

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:53am On Jan 18, 2023
Damilgodwin:
Thumbs up boss
Thank you....
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:53am On Jan 18, 2023
Ann2012:
You're welcome ma.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:54am On Jan 18, 2023
Nwiboko26:
I have been waiting patiently for you to show up with a new book and you finally did. Okadabooks here I come ������
Thanks so much ma. God bless you.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:55am On Jan 18, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

CHAPTER 6
Spending the holiday at Yomade’s house was not a bad idea at the end of the day because they all had fun. Imade got to meet Yomade’s loving parents and his only sibling; Shammah and they received her well. They asked after her parents from Yomade and he explained that she had lost her parents and she’s living with her elder sister.
When they are indoors, they play games, watch movies, gist and it was all fun. There are also times they go to the cinemas and hang out outside the house. Shammah is a free spirited person and this made her quickly bond with Imade. There was a day they were all in the sitting room watching a movie, that is, Yomade, Sarah, Imade and Shammah. The movie was about a woman who has a very wicked mother in-law who always maltreat her and the husband was a Mummy’s boy who had no say in his home. All he does is dance to his mum’s tune.
“This is why I hate watching Nigerian films o…..what is all this nau. Can’t the guy stand up for his wife!” Yomade said.
“I wonder o.” Imade shrugged.
“Wait, do we really have men like this who allow their mums treat their wives like trash.” Yomade asked no one in particular but Sarah replied him.
“Of course, we have them plenty. That is why I prefer watching Nigerian movies. It tells our story, things that are happening in our society.”
“They should bring out such men and flog them.” Yomade concluded.
“I agree they deserve the flogging. I dislike men who are not man enough.” Imade added.
“As for me o, I say it and I will continue to say it that I can never marry a man that has a mother.” Shammah said and everyone jumped on her statement.
“So, you this girl have not changed. Why will you want your mother in-law dead?” Sarah asked angrily.
“Please ask her o,” Yomade chipped in. “Do you want the lady I will marry to pray this type of prayer for your own mother?” Yomade asked her sister.
“I’m not praying that my husband’s mother should die o, you people should not turn me to a witch.” Shammah quickly voiced out.
“So what are you implying?” Imade questioned.
“All I’m saying is that I prefer to marry a man whose mother is already late.”
“What’s the difference?” Imade scoffed.
“Abeg leave her. Rada rada.” Sarah said in Yoruba, meaning nonsence and then stood up. Yomade followed. Shammah too made to stand up but Imade stopped her.
“Hello…..please, me I still don’t get you o… maybe because I am hearing you say this for the first time. So are you saying if a guy ask your hand in marriage and you discover that he has a mum, then you won’t marry him?”
“Yes!” She said confidently.
“Ha….e gba mi.” Imade said in Yoruba that someone should please help her as everything Shammah said still baffles her. “You are now in 300level, right?” Imade asked and she nodded. She continued. “I hope you know you are getting closer to the stage of settling down?”
“Yes.” Shammah replied.
“Are you in a relationship right now?”
“No.”
“Why?” Imade asked but when Shammah wanted to talk, she stopped her. “Don’t even bother to answer, you need a man who has no mum.” Imade stood up and then faced her. “Shammah, I don’t know much about relationship but one thing I know is that, you are planning on marrying someone with the wrong reasons and things like that often backfires.”
“Imade that is what I want. I don’t have the strength for any mother in-law drama just like the movie we just saw.”
“Well….different strokes for different folks. Just have a rethink. That’s all I have to say.” She said and walked towards the door.
“Where are you going?” Shammah asked Imade.
“I want to get some fresh air.”
“Wait for me, I think I need some air too.” She said and they both left the house.

6 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Zazaza: 11:23am On Jan 18, 2023
rachealfst:
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

CHAPTER 6
Spending the holiday at Yomade’s house was not a bad idea at the end of the day because they all had fun. Imade got to meet Yomade’s loving parents and his only sibling; Shammah and they received her well. They asked after her parents from Yomade and he explained that she had lost her parents and she’s living with her elder sister.
When they are indoors, they play games, watch movies, gist and it was all fun. There are also times they go to the cinemas and hang out outside the house. Shammah is a free spirited person and this made her quickly bond with Imade. There was a day they were all in the sitting room watching a movie, that is, Yomade, Sarah, Imade and Shammah. The movie was about a woman who has a very wicked mother in-law who always maltreat her and the husband was a Mummy’s boy who had no say in his home. All he does is dance to his mum’s tune.
“This is why I hate watching Nigerian films o…..what is all this nau. Can’t the guy stand up for his wife!” Yomade said.
“I wonder o.” Imade shrugged.
“Wait, do we really have men like this who allow their mums treat their wives like trash.” Yomade asked no one in particular but Sarah replied him.
“Of course, we have them plenty. That is why I prefer watching Nigerian movies. It tells our story, things that are happening in our society.”
“They should bring out such men and flog them.” Yomade concluded.
“I agree they deserve the flogging. I dislike men who are not man enough.” Imade added.
“As for me o, I say it and I will continue to say it that I can never marry a man that has a mother.” Shammah said and everyone jumped on her statement.
“So, you this girl have not changed. Why will you want your mother in-law dead?” Sarah asked angrily.
“Please ask her o,” Yomade chipped in. “Do you want the lady I will marry to pray this type of prayer for your own mother?” Yomade asked her sister.
“I’m not praying that my husband’s mother should die o, you people should not turn me to a witch.” Shammah quickly voiced out.
“So what are you implying?” Imade questioned.
“All I’m saying is that I prefer to marry a man whose mother is already late.”
“What’s the difference?” Imade scoffed.
“Abeg leave her. Rada rada.” Sarah said in Yoruba, meaning nonsence and then stood up. Yomade followed. Shammah too made to stand up but Imade stopped her.
“Hello…..please, me I still don’t get you o… maybe because I am hearing you say this for the first time. So are you saying if a guy ask your hand in marriage and you discover that he has a mum, then you won’t marry him?”
“Yes!” She said confidently.
“Ha….e gba mi.” Imade said in Yoruba that someone should please help her as everything Shammah said still baffles her. “You are now in 300level, right?” Imade asked and she nodded. She continued. “I hope you know you are getting closer to the stage of settling down?”
“Yes.” Shammah replied.
“Are you in a relationship right now?”
“No.”
“Why?” Imade asked but when Shammah wanted to talk, she stopped her. “Don’t even bother to answer, you need a man who has no mum.” Imade stood up and then faced her. “Shammah, I don’t know much about relationship but one thing I know is that, you are planning on marrying someone with the wrong reasons and things like that often backfires.”
“Imade that is what I want. I don’t have the strength for any mother in-law drama just like the movie we just saw.”
“Well….different strokes for different folks. Just have a rethink. That’s all I have to say.” She said and walked towards the door.
“Where are you going?” Shammah asked Imade.
“I want to get some fresh air.”
“Wait for me, I think I need some air too.” She said and they both left the house.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2023
Thanks for the update mama
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Damilgodwin(m): 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2023
More grace �
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
DemiKOL:
Thanks for the update mama
Uwc sir
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
Damilgodwin:
More grace �
Amen
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

A week to resumption, Sarah and Imade pack their bags, Sarah wants to spend the remaining one week with her mum while Imade decided to go home when she discover that things were still the same. She had a chat with Lolu some days back and Lolu said her sister still refused to budge. So they both left Yomade’s place same day.
Imade got home very late in the evening, she did that purposely. By the time she arrived her sister too was back from work. Peju first lashed at her for her late night movement. Imade wanted to tell her that her journey was within Lagos nau….but she kept quiet so she won’t upset her the more. She needed to thread carefully around her because of the plans she had in mind.
As usual, Lolu was in the guest room while his wife was in their bedroom. Imade quietly left her room and went to her sister’s room. She knocked and she was told to enter. Imade knelt down before her sister who sat on the bed.
“Imade, don’t start this evening, so just get up and leave my room!” She spoke with a straight face.
“Sister mi……” She said as tears started flooding from her eyes. “Sister mi, the fate of this marriage is in your hands, please don’t give room for the devil.”
“Imade, see leave the devil. I’ve been waiting for you to return from wherever you went to, so I can give you the piece of my mind,” She said and Imade’s heart started racing.
‘Has she found out that I’m the one’ Imade said in her mind, her heart racing even faster.
“Imade!!! How many times did I call you?”
She kept mute, her sister continued. “Let this be the first and the last time you will go to other people’s house to spend your break.” Peju said and Imade breathe out, relieved but she looked at her sister all over again and voiced out.
“Sister mi, I’m discussing something serious with you, something that has to do with your life, your home and all you worried about is me not spending my break in the house!”
“I thought I just gave out an instruction.”
“I can’t stay in this hostile environment.” Imade said but those words were like swords to her heart because she felt a sharp pain in her heart. She is not in the position to alter those words because she is instrumental to everything that is going on in that home.
“You and I know that all this has nothing to do with you. Or has Lolu ever treated you badly ever since we had this issue. I personally stopped him from sending you allowance and I even did that because I know that will pain him a lot. So you see, the issue on ground as nothing to do with you. Now, I’m putting it out to you again, you must never step out of this house when school is on vacation. Did I make myself clear?”
“No ma, in fact this is the last time you will see me in this house. It’s either you make up with your husband or I get out of you people’s life.”
“You wouldn’t dare.” Peju shot at her.
“I will cut all ties with you if that will bring you back to your senses and make you claim your man.” She stood up.
“Get out!” She shouted at her. Imade quickly held on to her and went on her knees again, begging and crying.
“Sister mi, please forgive him this once. Please……” She wept on her laps.
“I’ve heard you. Don’t worry, I’m working on something. Everything will be fine again.” Peju assured her.
“Are you sure? Are you saying you will fix your home?” Imade asked. She didn’t believe her though.
“Yes. Is that all. Are you okay now?”
“Yes, I will hold on to your words.”
“Fine. You can leave now. I need to sleep.”
“Okay. Goodnight.” Imade said and left her sister’s room. Can she trust her sister? She bumped into Lolu.
“Uncle Lolu, what are you doing here?”
“Listening to your conversation with Peju.”
“What do you think?” Imade asked him as the two moved farther from the bedroom.
“If I know your sister very well, then she is scheming something.”
“What do we do now?” Imade asked Lolu.
“We just wait.”
“Wait!”
“Imade, I’ve tried.”
“I think it’s time we wash our dirty linen outside.” Imade suggested.
“That’s what I have in my mind too. I’ll call my parents tomorrow. I’ll tell them I cheated on my wife and that I need them to plead on my behalf. They don’t need to know who I cheated with.” Lolu explained.
“I regret you told her about it.”
“I did that so that I won’t do it again. I never knew it will be this difficult.”
“Truth be the told, telling the truth is the right thing to do.” Imade pointed out. The two went to their separate rooms after saying their goodnight.

3 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
Telling the truth will cause more harm and will break the family beyond repair
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
rachealfst:
Uwc sir

I am a lady.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 11:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
grin grin grin
DemiKOL:

I am a lady.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria: Report Indicts Nigerian Poet For Molesting 19 'daughters' / Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That / John Mahama Receives Godspower Oshodin, Nigerian Poet (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.