Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? (37644 Views)

Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why / Medical Doctor Dumps Wife And Kids After Sex Romp With ‘cele’ Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by everythinggirly(f): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
They are very boring!
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by 1Sharon(f): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
sultry69:
Ego,they have started.

Didn't you sense the arrogance in the OP's writeup?

His doctor- girlfriend doesn't NEED him to go abroad.

She will be welcomed into the UK without even trying because they respect medics.

So he needs to let go of that God-complex.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Josbreed: 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Is it that hard to find genuine love where u are or do u think coming back to marry in ur country will guarantee success in marriage? Iko kied akem anye iwot owo
Didn't you see a post yesterday by someone here (I forgot his monicker) that said Africans, especially, Nigeriams abroad find it difficult to get love(sex)?

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by DestinyNigga: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
Hey guys, this question goes to the men in this thread who are married to medical doctors, especially those working in the UK or any other western country.
What are your experiences?
Judging from the busy schedule of medical doctors, how do you guys take care of the children?
What are the biggest challanges you face in your marriage?

I am currently dating a medical student and plan to send her abroad immediately after her studies.
I would appreciate hearing from those with the experience or those whose relatives are married to medical doctors and both of them live in any western country.
Thank you.

I have one cow at the back of my compound that you can carry and go abroad. After two years you can slaughter it and enjoy it meat. It's better than carrying a Naija girl who will go there and start causing trouble. Sharing her over size punna to any dick in town cheesy Listen to my advise and thank me later. Meanwhile, you can join me here to puff some Igbo I bought yesterday. I even hv one local olosho am drilling her smelly hole since morning cheesy cheesy That medical girl u want to take abroad will dump u there to oyibo. This I have seen cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by advanceDNA: 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
olakan22:

You won't be the one to send her abroad bro.
Many medical students are already making plans to emigrate so again, it won't be you sending her abroad.

Bless up

If the story is true....Someone that said he will send her abroad may probably already be paying school fees..

Besides going abroad for doctors or any profession is not free

UK plab exams for doctors cost money
Visa costs money
IELTS cost money
Plane tickets cost money
Accomodation and settling in cost money..

Any doctor traveling abroad will spend millions . where will a new graduate get millions from

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by IamMobisola(f): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Others are trying to tell you politely but I will tell you raw:
You are a very stupid and senseless fellow

Better pick a Nigerian where you are and marry. You will marry a young pretender who will enter where you are and start using using ruler to measure where your mother can sit and stand. Shebi na your mama recommend am to you, no worry. You go see.
And what makes you think the Nigerian girl he meets over there won’t also start using ruler to measure where his mother can sit and stand? How do some of you think sef, mtchww

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by odoemenacelevian(m): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
The worst thing a man can do is to Train a lady he isn't married to, talk more of sending her abroad...
Be cautious man.
Take that help to your brother or sister..
They will never forget. Even if they do.

They will love you unconditionally.. blood is thicker than water.

I am a doctor but I will tell you this...
Be ready to get a house help for your children..
Especially when she starts her residency or house job..
She might sleep in the hospital for one week once in 2 months or once in a month depending..

4 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by MarketDispatch: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
Hey guys, this question goes to the men in this thread who are married to
Judging from the busy schedule of medical doctors, how do you guys take care of the children?

Thank you.

My Medical Doctor Sister simply brought a younger relative from Nigeria abroad to assist her with Children and also study in addition.

This may not work for everyone though.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by IamMobisola(f): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
jesmond3945:
did you properly date this babe, like she was your gf before you migrated. Because if you are just dating her as abroad guy and she is a medical doctor, I cannot predict the outcome. You know Nigerian girls love abroad guys and can do anything to land one. I will suggest you bring her abroad, please dont rush to marry, date her first, if she is what you want then wife her. The biggest challenge is sex, you wont be getting it even when you are Hot. You would get it when she feels like.

Medical doctors and generally ladies in Medical profession and IT and engineering do not need to pretend for abroad guys because their careers alone is a ticket for them to also relocate abroad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Akwaokukuo: 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lol.
Some people are really very funny I swear.
Let me ask those people one question?

What do I gain lying?
Do you know me personally?
Who gives a Bleep lying to you and what do I fucking get from that?
Why not run a background check on this account before spewing trash?
You think I can just open an account and start the year with lies?

Make una be reasonable for once.
That you lie up and down doesn't mean others lie too.
For the wonderful guys that contributed, I appreciate.
This experience is an eye opener.
Thank God I created this thread otherwise I would have wasted hundreds of thousands of naira on gifts

3 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by advanceDNA: 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
1Sharon:

Didn't you sense the arrogance in the OP's writeup?

His doctor- girlfriend doesn't NEED him to go abroad.

She will be welcomed into the UK without even trying because they respect medics.

So he needs to let go of his God-complex.

..Even doctors need millions to go abroad.. NHS doesnt invite them for free....saying he's sending her abroad is just because of the finance involved

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by simplepee(f): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
Isabi4lov:
My dear follow your heart , we still have good and reasonable ladies who will love and cherish you.

I love guys that are honest and straight to the core , although I'm not from Igbo , Igbos prefer marrying themselves.
Who ask you what you love or don’t love? madam notice me. Aren’t you shameful to be hitting on that guy stylistly because you don see abroad? Na una dey make all these stupid boys for NL see us finish. I dey shame for you, better delete that comment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Yankee101: 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
“In” abroad?

Akwaokukuo:

I am in abroad already and whoever I get married to must join me too so that we both stay here together as a husband and a wife.
I only want to check my options first before delving deep into it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Isabi4lov: 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
simplepee:
Who ask you what you love or don’t love, madam notice me. Aren’t you shameful to be hitting on that guy stylistly because you don see abroad? Na una dey make all these stupid boys for NL see us finish. I dey shame for you, better delete that comment.
I know wailers will come , leave mine alone and focus on yours undecided ,like I give a Bleep about anybody.

4 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Divoc19(f): 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
Premium Poison Loading if your sorry ass is irresponsible to them cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Ruwaha: 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
See look for a lady overthere and get married to,I wouldn't advice this,it's not as if I want to spoil your market but till she reaches there after marriage before you know her true colours.

Be on an talking mode with air and be following her religiously as well as trying your luck with other intending serious ladies close to you,that you desire oo.

Ask her questions about her long term and short term goals and see if you're in the picture,as soon as you see a red flag, abort, I repeat,abort the mission.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by folake4u(f): 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2023
Hmmm. You bring your matter come Nairaland, jealous people go help you dissect the whole matter and poison your mind.

God safe us all.

3 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Blazadenise(m): 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
Apparently you want to send your Girl friend aboard after her studies, even some that sent there wife abroad later regret there action, Oga go and help your siblings and secure there future abroad
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Dchampion65: 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
Hey guys, this question goes to the men in this thread who are married to medical doctors, especially those working in the UK or any other western country.

I am currently dating a medical student and plan to send her abroad immediately after her studies.
I would appreciate hearing from those with the experience or those whose relatives are married to medical doctors and both of them live in any western country.
Thank you.

Follow your heart.

What goes with me may not be tolerated by you.
The personalities involved are different.
Using my parameters to solve yours may not give you right decisions.
Personally deal with the secret fear you are nursing.
Commit your ways to the hands of the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by 1Sharon(f): 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
Reminderz:

love is blind they say... it makes men act stupid most times... I pray you don't regret this... never cross a bridge for someone that can't cross over a line for you... you don't even know her well yet, abi you think say na I love you so much wey una dey tell each other abi? e go shock you... sponsor your siblings instead or one of your family instead.

even if you marry someone already abroad, you're already at a disadvantage because she can decide to change any time and use their law against you and collect all your properties. the law favours women most there whether they are right or wrong. better use your head. it doesn't end well most times.. make logical decisions or you will cry.

Are you in the UK?

If not, kindly shut up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Akwaokukuo: 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

..Even doctors need millions to go abroad.. NHS doesnt invite them for free....saying he's sending her abroad is just because of the finance involved

You really have time responding to all those ITK locals claiming they know it all.
Apart from that, the rigorous process involved in that NHS route and the success rate compared to going abroad for post-graduate studies which is by far easier once the money is available .
Some people's problem is claiming to know everything still they don't even know their own problems

2 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by biafranrealson: 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
If she makes big money, you can only be relevant in her life on one condition.
She loves sex and you the husband is exceptionally gifted and good in nacking.
Otherwise divorce will be loading ....
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Entrepreneurrr: 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
I qm here to learn ooo.

Let me call oga pansophist to put his own
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by GoodCane: 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

I am in abroad already and whoever I get married to must join me too so that we both stay here together as a husband and a wife.

Dem dey tell you now, but you no go hear because of your emotions. Oga you better stop thinking With your emotions.

Bros, until you're fully married to a girl you have absolutely no responsibility for taking care of her let alone sending her abroad to sch. Oga it's obvious "na body dey catch u". U better abort that thought ASAP to avoid had I know!!!! Don't try it. For as long as you're not married to her oga use your head and Japa. Don't try that Rubbish of sending her overseas for whatever reason. Let her father and family do it, shes their daughter.

If you stubbornly refuses our advice and still go ahead, then when she has finally gotten what she wanted and dump your ass for someone else, don't come back here and start lamenting because we'll laugh at your foolishness

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by 1Sharon(f): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

And she cannot start working as a young doctor to earn the money herself?

If she gets to the UK, she'll out earn him by far especially if she gets to a consultant level.

Let's see if OP will still be condescending by then.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by sonofanarchy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2023
grin wish you good luck, you better find one oyibo or other African national and marry.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by GloriousGbola: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

The truth is no one can tell what will happen.

What is for sure is doctors are among the best paid professions in the US, so your wife will eventually earn more than you. Also you will be in a different society. Nigeria is a patriarchal society where as a man you can get away with anything and you have been subconsciously and actively conditioned by this

In the West women have much more power. At the barest minimum, understand that some things you take for granted will simply not fly abroad. You will have to change. You will share chores and child management.

No one can tell you what will happen because every marriage is different.

If however you have been chancing your wife in one way or another, she may hit you back when she is empowered. It is what it is.

The people giving the harshest warnings are those who regularly treat women anyhow and get away with it and are scared of what happens in a society where the tables are turned

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Socratiz: 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2023
Rather than asking for counsel from an online forum where you're likely to get advice from teenagers who don't know anything, why don't you consider contacting a professional marriage counsellor?

You will get more useful counsel from a professional counsellor.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by advanceDNA: 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2023
1Sharon:

And she cannot start working as a young doctor to earn the money herself?

If she gets to the UK, she'll out earn him by far especially if she gets to a consultant level.

Let's see if OP will still be condescending by then.

Yes... she can wait for years to earn the money needed cos its not small change.....or she can do it on another person's expense...

grin .... u and i know some women prefer spending other pple's money even for what they need ....or havent u heard countless stories of men sending women to university??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by 1Sharon(f): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

Yes... she can wait for years to earn the money needed cos its not small change.....or she can do it on another person's expense...

grin .... u and i know some women prefer spending other pple's money even for what they need ....or havent u heard countless stories of men sending women to university??

I know this happens but any woman that goes into medicine doesn't do it to marry and sit on her behind.

2 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by kingofthenorth: 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.
I wanted to give my two cents as someone with experience but I when I saw you are trying to send a woman you are not married to abroad, I just tire.. goodluck bro.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Mobolaaji(m): 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Nigerian Marriage Certificate / Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! / Hubby Caught Me Using Contraceptives!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.