Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? (37493 Views)

Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why / Medical Doctor Dumps Wife And Kids After Sex Romp With ‘cele’ Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Jokkarm2: 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
Please before you do that , kindly send one of your brothers or sisters abroad so that when this your woman break your heart, you will use that one hold body.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by VBCampaign: 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
dontrulee:
You're a making a good choice but it will be difficult Sha.

Medical doctors hardly have time for themselves not to talk of having time for family, perhaps in the UK, it may be better.
But here are a few challenges you may have:
1. Most medical doctors have a fixed way of doing things, this may eventually show in their homes and if their spouse is not understanding, it may lead to issues.

2. If you marry a medical doctor, the way she thinks will definitely be different from the way you think. This will lead to a clash of personalities. Not to talk of female medical doctors that feel they're on top of the world and everyone is beneath them, however some are very humble and have good character.

3. You can be well assured that you and your children will be taken care of health wise but they may not have luxury of time to spend with you and your children and time is needed to build emotional attraction and love in a family. Think well.

4. Most medical personnel are boring to be with, they think of medicine almost all the time. Can you cope if your partner is one of such persons??

In summary, weigh the benefits and the risks and choose, in my own personal opinion it will be good if you marry her but there will definitely be some little frictions trying to understand each other's misunderstanding! grin grin

My experience too
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by franchasng: 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
jogsman01:
Premium tears loading.....

.....50%
cheesy

Op make sure her mother is still alive and fall within the age range of 55 to 60yrs if not, hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by jogsman01(m): 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sweetplum:
why you wan cry
how body
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Oleash: 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
If the lady is serious, she can raise the money for her exams by NYSC year, get a job and earn more than she spent within 2 months maximum. It costs around 2 million.
I don't think OP "sending her abroad" will be a big deal to her because she can do it for herself. She'll most likely be more financially stable than him.
advanceDNA:

Yes... she can wait for years to earn the money needed cos its not small change.....or she can do it on another person's expense...

grin .... u and i know some women prefer spending other pple's money even for what they need ....or havent u heard countless stories of men sending women to university??

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by franchasng: 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
dontrulee:
You're a making a good choice but it will be difficult Sha.

Medical doctors hardly have time for themselves not to talk of having time for family, perhaps in the UK, it may be better.
But here are a few challenges you may have:
1. Most medical doctors have a fixed way of doing things, this may eventually show in their homes and if their spouse is not understanding, it may lead to issues.

2. If you marry a medical doctor, the way she thinks will definitely be different from the way you think. This will lead to a clash of personalities. Not to talk of female medical doctors that feel they're on top of the world and everyone is beneath them, however some are very humble and have good character.

3. You can be well assured that you and your children will be taken care of health wise but they may not have luxury of time to spend with you and your children and time is needed to build emotional attraction and love in a family. Think well.

4. Most medical personnel are boring to be with, they think of medicine almost all the time. Can you cope if your partner is one of such persons??

In summary, weigh the benefits and the risks and choose, in my own personal opinion it will be good if you marry her but there will definitely be some little frictions trying to understand each other's misunderstanding! grin grin
Lolz grin
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by franchasng: 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2023
horlahwaley:
Hmm. Make sure you are far richer than her sha so she will be able to respect you cos when she finished, she is in money already and trust me it will be hard for you to impress her with money especially when she reach abroad.
The responsibility of building your home lies on your shoulder. Know that and know peace
cheesy grin
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by KosiGee(m): 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

I am in abroad already and whoever I get married to must join me too so that we both stay here together as a husband and a wife.
I only want to check my options first before delving deep into it

What do you do for a living? Are you in the medical profession?

I she travels abroad, it’s going to be very challenging for her. There will be lots of pressure on her…lots of trainings and exams to take. Longer working hours. Most times, she’ll come home and only want to sleep, there might not be time for her to do proper shopping let alone cook. She will dump her clothes in the laundry machine, ‘slump’ on the sofa nd sleeeeeeep.

You’ll have to be very supportive and understanding.

Be right back.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Executive729: 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thanks so much for your wonderful advice.
I never even see the girl physically, she was recommended to me by a relative.
If I bring her to the abroad without legally marrying her, it is more risky because it means that she can marry someone else and abandon you.
Sponsoring someone to the UK is around 20million naira , I have the money actually but I don't plan to waste it on someone who would abandon me for someone else after investing almost all my lifesavings on her. It could be suicidal.
As for the sex part, it will also be bad because abroad is really very lonely and depriving me of sex is punishment because I have only had sex once since I moved to abroad and currently sexually deprived. Na masturbation I dey use relieve myself here while focusing strictly on myself and on money.
No lovelife, no funlife, strictly hustle and personal development for many years now

If you want honest advise don't do it, I am older but live in UK over 35 years, recently I came back to marry a nurse in Nigeria after my family drove my first wife away. She is still in Nigeria whilst I perfect documents for her to join me in UK. Looking back 3 years now I think and believed is the worst decision I ever made. Look this generations of Nigerian women are not our mothers and grandmothers the way we knew them, these are entitlement block heads having the least respect for husbands and family institutions, as in doctor in UK her least salary is NGN47m a year this excludes her agency work which could double this amount. In summary you can't control her the chances of her leaving you is 70-80 percent. In my case I have already achieved everything I need in life when she Bleep off I don't care I will never put my life in a woman's hands. It will end in tears if you don't listen to my advise, find someone over there to marry there son.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by franchasng: 1:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
1Sharon:
Could this be another thread created just to cause civil unrest and gender wars?

Anyways,

What do you mean you plan to send her abroad?

If she's a doctor she doesn't NEED YOU to send her abroad.

The UK welcomes highly trained professionals with open arms, it's what they need right now.

So let go of your God-complex.
Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy

But it's easier for a Nigerian Nurse to migrate to UK via work visa than for a Nigerian trained Doctor. And when it comes to US and Canada, it's almost impossible for Nigerian trained doctors to practice there without going through lots of hurdles unlike Nigerian trained Nurses, so I don't see why a Nigerian trained Doctor should be prideful to her spouse, honestly Nurses even have brighter chances than Doctors in Nigeria with lesser stress and resources lol
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Mobolaaji(m): 1:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
Hey guys, this question goes to the men in this thread who are married to medical doctors, especially those working in the UK or any other western country.
What are your experiences?
Judging from the busy schedule of medical doctors, how do you guys take care of the children?
What are the biggest challanges you face in your marriage?

I am currently dating a medical student and plan to send her abroad immediately after her studies.
I would appreciate hearing from those with the experience or those whose relatives are married to medical doctors and both of them live in any western country.
Thank you.

You might just about to make a mistake of your life. Most of the stories of husbands killing wives start just like yours is about to start.
A young lady is introduced to you, you barely know her. You will do everything to bring her here , support her education and after graduation boom, everything will change. Many people coming to abroad are delusional, they don’t know how things are here. You need to be truthful to yourself first, I mean you want to bring a potential medical doctor.
Let me ask you this questions first;
1 what kind of career do you have
2 do you think when she started making money, you will be able to match her income at least.

Do not think about now, because you’re hungry for a partner or sex, think about then.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by franchasng: 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2023
Executive729:

If you want honest advise don't do it, I am older but live in UK over 35 years, recently I came back to marry a nurse in Nigeria after my family drove my first wife away. She is still in Nigeria whilst I perfect documents for her to join me in UK. Looking back 3 years now I think and believed is the worst decision I ever made. Look this generations of Nigerian women are not our mothers and grandmothers the way we knew them, these are entitlement block heads having the least respect for husbands and family institutions, as in doctor in UK her least salary is NGN47m a year this excludes her agency work which could double this amount. In summary you can't control her the chances of her leaving you is 70-80 percent. In my case I have already achieved everything I need in life when she Bleep off I don't care I will never put my life in a woman's hands. It will end in tears if you don't listen to my advise, find someone over there to marry there son.
Hehe, is it advisable for a very financially buoyant young man in Nigeria to send his Doctor wife to the US, not for the sake of making money for him but for the sake of securing a reliable second passport for their kids, remember, the husband isn't interested in joining her abroad, he is okay in Nigeria and do travel at will on his own. What's your honest advice sir?
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by chukel(m): 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

I am in abroad already and whoever I get married to must join me too so that we both stay here together as a husband and a wife.
jettison that thought. Most Nigerian female doctors and nurses are proud and entitled. They will mess your life and ditch you. Most of them in my center have disjointed marriages. Forget this medical thing. Look for a humble, faithful, respectful and responsible girl to marry. If she turns out to be a doctor or nurse, better. Unless you are looking for someone to make money tor you. Even at that, eventually it will be premium tears.

2 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by phemmyfour: 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
Hey guys, this question goes to the men in this thread who are married to medical doctors, especially those working in the UK or any other western country.
Judging from the busy schedule of medical doctors, how do you guys take care of the children?

I am currently dating a medical student and plan to send her abroad immediately after her studies.
I would appreciate hearing from those with the experience or those whose relatives are married to medical doctors and both of them live in any western country.
Thank you.
If you have been assisting with chores here, you won't have problem assisting her over there irrespective of her profession.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by ArticleBeast: 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

How do you mean?
Mumu u don’t have any person in ur family to send
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Segzy19: 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
Dindinrin leleyi sha!

Plan to send a lady wey u never marry abroad to schooling. Be like say you guys no dey learn...

Continue! Don't come back and sob to us when she dumps you o...
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by DBestDoc(f): 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
I was just going through my Facebook around 4am and noticed that someone tagged my so called girlfriend and her husband and congratulated them on their wedding which happened on 7th January.
She wasn't the one that posted, she was tagged to the post.
This is the highest shock of my life this year.
As in, is this happening? or am I dreaming?
How could she be in a serious relationship and still kept on acting along and toying with my emotion?
She was recommended to me last month around 15th December, what is the big deal in telling me that she is not single so that I move on with my life as fast as possible?
She was chatting romantically with me all these while and giving me all the green light and even sending hug and kiss emojis and my head was swelling.
Thank you all for your wonderful responses

I’m sorry things happened the way they did but she did nothing bad really.

@Bolded, she was very much single.

She must have learnt through experience that it is very very foolish for an unmarried woman to chase other prospective love interests away because there’s some guy somewhere who ‘ promised’ her marriage. Highy foolish.

If her eggs were all in your basket alone, you’d have dumped her as.s after the discouraging comments you got here the first day you created this thread and she’d have to start all over. But look at it this way, if things didn’t work out between her other man and herself, you’re there already as another solid plan A ‘cause you guys must have started bonding already.

So, there’s nothing wrong in being polite with you and many others, provided she isn’t sleeping with you guys. After all, she’s not God that knows the end of a thing from the beginning.

Your own woman would come, no worries.

In my case, it was 5 guys at once after I received sense. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by franchasng: 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2023
chukel:
jettison that thought. Most Nigerian female doctors and nurses are proud and entitled. They will mess your life and ditch you. Most of them in my center have disjointed marriages. Forget this medical thing. Look for a humble, faithful, respectful and responsible girl to marry. If she turns out to be a doctor or nurse, better. Unless you are looking for someone to make money tor you. Even at that, eventually it will be premium tears.
Seems we Nigerian men have a very wrong perspective or belief about Medical Doctors and Nurses, na wa oh.

All Nigerian female Doctors and Nurses can't be the same na, some have sense and desire a stable, healthy marriage/family.

The only thing I agree about them is not having enough time to spend with their kids, this is the only negative side about female Medical professionals; especially Doctors and Nurses. But an understanding man can manage it by not expecting too much from the Doctor or Nurse wife when it comes to house chores and domestic work. If the man is buoyant enough, he can get some domestic staff to assist them when the wife is on call or duty

2 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by advanceDNA: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2023
Oleash:
If the lady is serious, she can raise the money for her exams by NYSC year, get a job and earn more than she spent within 2 months maximum. It costs around 2 million.
I don't think OP "sending her abroad" will be a big deal to her because she can do it for herself. She'll most likely be more financially stable than him.

How will she pull it off with service year??
Exchamge rate is over 800naira to one pound

Plab 1 is 247£
Plab 2 is 906£
There is no exam centre in nigeria or africa ... doctors travel to Manchester to sit for the exam....that means visa cost, plane ticket, hotel accomodation .....

How much do u think they are paying NYsC doctors ...?? grin its not a simple matter for NYSC doctor or even the ones working full time...

some dont pass the exam once....after passing...they will spend money on IELTS, visa fees, rent and settling down fees.... e pass two million now ooo, especially with the bad exchange rate
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by 1Sharon(f): 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
Executive729:

How did your family drive your wife away??
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Marigold2rock(m): 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.

Did u just say planning to send her abroad? Bro she has the capacity to go abroad on her own without ur help or support. Give her some years after moving abroad she might likely be earning way more than you do. So don't feel as if you are about doing her a favour by making her ur potential wife.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by franchasng: 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
DBestDoc:

She must have learnt through experience that it is very very foolish for an unmarried woman to chase other prospective love interests away because there’s some guy somewhere who ‘ promised’ her marriage. Highy foolish.

If her eggs were all in your basket alone, you’d have dumped her as.s after the discouraging comments you got here the first day you created this thread and she’d have to start all over. But look at it this way, if things didn’t work out between her other man and herself, you’re there already as another solid plan A ‘cause you guys must have started bonding already.

So, there’s nothing wrong in being polite with you and many others, provided she isn’t sleeping with you guys. After all, she’s not God that knows the end of a thing from the beginning.

cheesy grin
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by dazzlingd(m): 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.

You planning to send a girl u are dating abroad for studies...
I dey laugh
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Marigold2rock(m): 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2023
franchasng:
Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy

But it's easier for a Nigerian Nurse to migrate to UK via work visa than for a Nigerian trained Doctor. And when it comes to US and Canada, it's almost impossible for Nigerian trained doctors to practice there without going through lots of hurdles unlike Nigerian trained Nurses, so I don't see why a Nigerian trained Doctor should be prideful to her spouse, honestly Nurses even have brighter chances than Doctors in Nigeria with lesser stress and resources lol
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Akwaokukuo: 2:08pm On Jan 09, 2023
DBestDoc:

You really made a lot of sense
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

OP pls help fund my abroad journey too. I promise I'll repay every last cent once I'm there. Help my life pls
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Annahh(f): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
I was just going through my Facebook around 4am and noticed that someone tagged my so called girlfriend and her husband and congratulated them on their wedding which happened on 7th January.
She wasn't the one that posted, she was tagged to the post.
This is the highest shock of my life this year.
As in, is this happening? or am I dreaming?
How could she be in a serious relationship and still kept on acting along and toying with my emotion?
She was recommended to me last month around 15th December, what is the big deal in telling me that she is not single so that I move on with my life as fast as possible?
She was chatting romantically with me all these while and giving me all the green light and even sending hug and kiss emojis and my head was swelling.
Thank you all for your wonderful responses
If she wasn't a doctor would you have been interested, I have heard of how abroad men line up in federal hospitals looking for nurses and doctors to marry so that it will be easier for them abroad.

Like I said again, if she isn't a doctor, would you have been interested to marry her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Nectarval8: 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
Brother, follow your heart and never take advice from the internet. Marry her in Nigeria and take her to abroad with you so she can continue with the studies. Trust me, bringing your plans to discuss here won't give you anything positive.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Oleash: 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
By her NYSC year means AFTER housemanship. A house officer's salary is around 200 pounds monthly. Tell me she can't save up to 1300 pounds by service year after earning close to 2400 pounds in her first year of work. Any other thing from service is extra. Plab 1 is written in Abuja, Lagos and Enugu. Nigerians have one of the highest pass rates of plab 2. It's so good that there's a believe that the more Nigerians in your plab 2 batch, the better you need to perform to pass. If you put in the work, you'll pass. My point still stands.
advanceDNA:

How will she pull it off with service year??
Exchamge rate is over 800naira to one pound

Plab 1 is 247£
Plab 2 is 906£
There is no exam centre in nigeria or africa ... doctors travel to Manchester to sit for the exam....that means visa cost, plane ticket, hotel accomodation .....

How much do u think they are paying NYsC doctors ...?? grin its not a simple matter for NYSC doctor or even the ones working full time...

some dont pass the exam once....after passing...they will spend money on IELTS, visa fees, rent and settling down fees.... e pass two million now ooo, especially with the bad exchange rate

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by ElijahIme1992(m): 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

Which part do you think is a lie?
loool d uno agree to marry abroad guy. grin grin grin grin grin... Nigerian girls and abroad guy? Abeg leave me o
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Akwaokukuo: 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Annahh:
If she wasn't a doctor would you have been interested, I have heard of how abroad men line up in federal hospitals looking for nurses and doctors to marry so that it will be easier for them abroad.

Like I said again, if she isn't a doctor, would you have been interested to marry her?
Lol, you obviously don't know who you are talking with grin
I won't blame you shaa
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by TheGift: 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.

You want to send Her abroad, as your girl friend or as your wife. Have you asked Her what She wants? Or Her opinion doesn't matter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) / If Your Wife Mistakenly Sleeps With Another Man, Pray & Fight For Her - Bukunmi / Boy Falls From A Mango Tree And Dies In Imo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.