Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,251 members, 7,836,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? (37629 Views)

Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why / Medical Doctor Dumps Wife And Kids After Sex Romp With ‘cele’ Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Annahh(f): 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Lol, obviously don't know who you are talking with grin
I won't blame you shaa
I really don't want to know who you are but my advice to you is to find a homely girl who is a graduate that actually loves you, take her abroad and let her study nursing over there. That's what wise men do.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Evii: 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sir, how many of your siblings have you sent abroad?

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Marigold2rock(m): 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
[quote author=Marigold2rock post=119866272][/quote]
Bro this wasn't a doctor vs nurse conversation , I don't know why U're bringing it up
BTW were you expecting the route to be easier for a doctor compared to any other health professional( both financially and the academic hurdle)? No way bro
The job of a doctor is quite different from that of a nurse, as most decision making is by a doctor. While the role of a nurse is also different, however symbiotic .
As they will say , uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. That's why a nurse from school of nursing plays same role with dat of a university skill wise.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Desusi: 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
horlahwaley:
Hmm. Make sure you are far richer than her sha so she will be able to respect you cos when she finished, she is in money already and trust me it will be hard for you to impress her with money especially when she reach abroad.
The responsibility of building your home lies on your shoulder. Know that and know peace
This is possible where your foundation is not of Christ.where your aim is to marry a medical doctor that would fetch in plenty money and living a luxurious lifestyles without seeking God opinion about it,you might definitely be seeking for trouble. The greatest matchmaker is still God in heaven.Have you told Him??

3 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by chukel(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2023
franchasng:
Seems we Nigerian men have a very wrong perspective or belief about Medical Doctors and Nurses, na wa oh.

All Nigerian female Doctors and Nurses can't be the same na, some have sense and desire a stable, healthy marriage/family.

The only thing I agree about them is not having enough time to spend with their kids, this is the only negative side about female Medical professionals; especially Doctors and Nurses. But an understanding man can manage it by not expecting too much from the Doctor or Nurse wife when it comes to house chores and domestic work. If the man is buoyant enough, he can get some domestic staff to assist them when the wife is on call or duty
if you read what I wrote, you would see I typed "most". You can't tell me better. It's my profession and I interact with each one of them on a daily basis. I know what I typed. I also never talked about house chores. I mentioned pride, fidelity and respect.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by dazzlingd(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
I was just going through my Facebook around 4am and noticed that someone tagged my so called girlfriend and her husband and congratulated them on their wedding which happened on 7th January.
She wasn't the one that posted, she was tagged to the post.
This is the highest shock of my life this year.
As in, is this happening? or am I dreaming?
How could she be in a serious relationship and still kept on acting along and toying with my emotion?
She was recommended to me last month around 15th December, what is the big deal in telling me that she is not single so that I move on with my life as fast as possible?
She was chatting romantically with me all these while and giving me all the green light and even sending hug and kiss emojis and my head was swelling.
Thank you all for your wonderful responses

I just read this part, I was just telling you it was a very bad idea. I hope u learn from this.
Dont let anyone pressure you to marriage, the pressure will.be there, just be saying you are on it but do what you have in your mind. You need to take your time and know one thing for sure that it is in the nature of women to plan and calculate when it comes to the matter of relationship, and that's why many of them can easily fake their intentions.
A woman have something she is chasing and working on 24/7, she will evaluate all possible scenarios and what she will benefit. while u are busy working to make things work out, she is calculating what are benefits will be and how she will have the upper hand. And they are very good in hiding their true intentions

With this in mind, you will know how to play their game. Any woman u ask out is already calculating her personal interest in both short and long term while u are thinking of being a lover boy and making her your wife

4 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by InvertedHammer: 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

I am in abroad already and whoever I get married to must join me too so that we both stay here together as a husband and a wife.
I only want to check my options first before delving deep into it
/
Abroad could be anywhere. Be specific if truly you need some advice.

Most importantly, what do you do for a living?

/
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by PDJT: 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2023
-Save your 20 million and find someone already in the UK and marry, but always ensure she works (except on maternity leave ofcos) and contributes massively to the bills. 60:40 ratio is ok, but 50:50 is bae.

-This is 21st century, don't play more than your part to secure and keep a relationship. Being a female is not a form of disability.

-Or you can guide her to come over to the UK using the Skilled Worker Visa. Then, date for a year and see how it goes before putting a ring on it.

-Best Wise not a Super Hero.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by LordAdam16: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
franchasng:
Hehe, is it advisable for a very financially buoyant young man in Nigeria to send his Doctor wife to the US, not for the sake of making money for him but for the sake of securing a reliable second passport for their kids, remember, the husband isn't interested in joining her abroad, he is okay in Nigeria and do travel at will on his own. What's your honest advice sir?

Life no suppose hard, but you see human beings eh, we no dey try.

The problem is LDRs are very difficult to manage. Even all the abroad guys wen keep chickala for house for naija, na another sharp mister dey chop them. It'd be the same concern if you send her over. Women, especially Nigerian women, need serious close marking.

And doctors for US dey see beta change. No matter how comfortable you are here, e get doctor for that end wen dey collect pass you. So if she wants to upgrade, the option dey. If na just away match she 1 play, the option dey.

That said, our hospitals are full of pretty, intelligent female doctors with well to do spouses. Kids going to Loyola and Loiusville (Nigeria has quite a number of good private elementary and high schools). When they graduate, send them to Tufts or Birmingham.

In comparison, if you can send them overseas, they could go to relatively better private schools (more spread in the US), and be more likely to be on the fast track to the Ivies, Ivy Pluses, Public Ivies, or prime Russells. Harvard, Stanford, UC, UT.

At the end of the day you have to weigh the pros and cons. E get babes wen you go show me and ask this advice, I'll tell you not to think about it. There are a minority that I'd say you could risk it. The problem is everyone thinks they married someone special until you see bfast on top dinning table start dey ask how come?

-Lord

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
Hey guys, this question goes to the men in this thread who are married to medical doctors, especially those working in the UK or any other western country.
What are your experiences?
Judging from the busy schedule of medical doctors, how do you guys take care of the children?
What are the biggest challanges you face in your marriage?

I am currently dating a medical student and plan to send her abroad immediately after her studies.
I would appreciate hearing from those with the experience or those whose relatives are married to medical doctors and both of them live in any western country.
Thank you.

Don't listen to the naysayers on this thread. If you're already in the abroad, then find a way to bring her over. I read in one of your posts that the lady in question is shy and religious. That's a better prospect. Most Nigerian girls already in the West are nothing to write home about TBH. So, if you find one back home that is decent, please go for her
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by judeolokor(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thanks so much for your wonderful advice.
I never even see the girl physically, she was recommended to me by a relative.
If I bring her to the abroad without legally marrying her, it is more risky because it means that she can marry someone else and abandon you.
Sponsoring someone to the UK is around 20million naira , I have the money actually but I don't plan to waste it on someone who would abandon me for someone else after investing almost all my lifesavings on her. It could be suicidal.
As for the sex part, it will also be bad because abroad is really very lonely and depriving me of sex is punishment because I have only had sex once since I moved to abroad and currently sexually deprived. Na masturbation I dey use relieve myself here while focusing strictly on myself and on money.
No lovelife, no funlife, strictly hustle and personal development for many years now

bros do I sense you are already having doubts? well it's 50/50
in the sense that she might be good or bad there some girls you bring over there and when they start making money more than you they turn to anoda devil in ur life while there are some that will not take your sacrifices as a child's play but stay together with you and build a sustainable relationship with you but my advice is this since you have doubt test her using these comedians to see her loyalty but if u are very sure no need for that just keep ur fingers crossed but make sure u really know her mind and heart is with you ooooo bros e no go easy if the lady turns against uuuu ooooo you have heard stories but am talking on the point of view that u have not seen her physically but was introduced to you pls be careful
and not you are not obligated to take my advice pls look very well before you leap
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Akwaokukuo: 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lade18:

Don't listen to the naysayers on this thread. If you're already in the abroad, then find a way to bring her over. I read in one of your posts that the lady in question is shy and religious. That's a better prospect. Most Nigerian girls already in the West are nothing to write home about TBH. So, if you find one back home that is decent, please go for her
Exactly what we face here. It is extremely hard to see a decent lady here. Either they smoke, club or have a boyfriend.
And marrying a refugee girl or even a white woman for paper is out of the equation (because I am at the verge of securing paper with my professional job so no need marrying for papers)
I find it hard meeting nice single girls here, though the ones I met were in the clubs.
Maybe I will try searching in the churches too grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
ElijahIme1992:
loool d uno agree to marry abroad guy. grin grin grin grin grin... Nigerian girls and abroad guy? Abeg leave me o

He wasn't physically attractive to me. That's all.

Plus, also, I wasn't ready for marriage when he approached me.

That was years ago, before Buhari and APC turned Nigeria upside down
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by jesmond3945: 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2023
IamMobisola:

Medical doctors and generally ladies in Medical profession and IT and engineering do not need to pretend for abroad guys because their careers alone is a ticket for them to also relocate abroad.
lol
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by tunapawizzy: 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thanks so much for your wonderful advice.
I never even see the girl physically, she was recommended to me by a relative.
If I bring her to the abroad without legally marrying her, it is more risky because it means that she can marry someone else and abandon you.
Sponsoring someone to the UK is around 20million naira , I have the money actually but I don't plan to waste it on someone who would abandon me for someone else after investing almost all my lifesavings on her. It could be suicidal.
As for the sex part, it will also be bad because abroad is really very lonely and depriving me of sex is punishment because I have only had sex once since I moved to abroad and currently sexually deprived. Na masturbation I dey use relieve myself here while focusing strictly on myself and on money.
No lovelife, no funlife, strictly hustle and personal development for many years now
loooooooooooooooooooooool...all shades of RED.....if u marry her she can still leave you and that tears is premium because u would have invested much more, u most likely will have restricted access, if u guy have kids together. bringing a woman from nigeria na big risk, big financial risk, it may end well but it's not up to you alone(if u know what i mean). I wish you all the best
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by jesmond3945: 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
I was just going through my Facebook around 4am and noticed that someone tagged my so called girlfriend and her husband and congratulated them on their wedding which happened on 7th January.
How could she be in a serious relationship and still kept on acting along and toying with my emotion?
She was recommended to me last month around 15th December, what is the big deal in telling me that she is not single so that I move on with my life as fast as possible?
She was chatting romantically with me all these while and giving me all the green light and even sending hug and kiss emojis and my head was swelling.
Thank you too. She for open office for your head.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by KosiGee(m): 3:08pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

You are obviously a novice when it comes to relationship and life.
The lady was recommended to you by someone three weeks ago. You haven’t met her physically and already you are thinking of marrying her! That’s dumb bro…Maybe you need the real ‘akwaokuko’ to consult the gods on your behalf.

Btw, this lady’s profession is sought after and she doesn’t need anyone to ‘bring’ her abroad. That mentality alone is a mistake some of our bros are making. “I brought her to the USA or Uk” mentality.

WhatsApp or social media love emoji is nonsense. Next someone is recommended to you, take a flight, meet her face to face…get to know her personality, family background, and friends….

Shag the demons out of her before you think of marriage and ‘bringing’ abroad.

Ironically most of the NHS workers including doctors of Nigeria background are females. The got the jobs, relocated, settled and ‘brought’ their husbands. These are super Nigeria women and I respect all of them. They earn much better than their husbands and the disparity in earning didn’t affect the respect and love they all have for each other…two of these women actually came back to Nigeria to marry their boyfriends.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by tunapawizzy: 3:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
your breakfast came quite early, lucky you....u should do thanksgiving in church....
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by franchasng: 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2023
LordAdam16:

Life no suppose hard, but you see human beings eh, we no dey try.

The problem is LDRs are very difficult to manage. Even all the abroad guys wen keep chickala for house for naija, na another sharp mister dey chop them. It'd be the same concern if you send her over. Women, especially Nigerian women, need serious close marking.

And doctors for US dey see beta change. No matter how comfortable you are here, e get doctor for that end wen dey collect pass you. So if she wants to upgrade, the option dey. If na just away match she 1 play, the option dey.

That said, our hospitals are full of pretty, intelligent female doctors with well to do spouses. Kids going to Loyola and Loiusville (Nigeria has quite a number of good private elementary and high schools). When they graduate, send them to Tufts or Birmingham.

In comparison, if you can send them overseas, they could go to relatively better private schools (more spread in the US), and be more likely to be on the fast track to the Ivies, Ivy Pluses, Public Ivies, or prime Russells. Harvard, Stanford, UC, UT.

At the end of the day you have to weigh the pros and cons. E get babes wen you go show me and ask this advice, I'll tell you not to think about it. There are a minority that I'd say you could risk it. The problem is everyone thinks they married someone special until you see bfast on top dinning table start dey ask how come?

-Lord
Deep.

There is a reason I want them to have the second passport as kids then when they have turned adults.

There is a close friend's uncle who used to be stinkingly rich like today's Cubana and co. He believed there was no need to send his kids and wife abroad since he could afford it when they finish secondary school and send them there to study and find their path.

Yes he succeeded in doing that, he even owned houses in the US, his kids did their universities in the US, but you know rich kids lol, they always go for useless courses since whatever they study don't matter as Daddy's money will fill the gap.

The kids graduated and cant find work to get sponsor to file for them to become PRs then Citizens, and now the old man is no longer as rich as he was then, though he is still okay, his company is no longer doing excellently like it was back then.

Only one out of his 4 kids have been able to become a US Green Card holder via marriage to a US citizen. Two have went back to school to study nursing, something they despised some years back when they felt Daddy is too rich and that they are too Ajebo to study such stressful courses.

So as a young man, I learn from people around me and from real life stories I hear or even read, while praying not to make any mistake that will lead to had I known tomorrow.

I have another close friend whose dad was rich when they were kids, the dad had opportunity of getting them British birth certificate in those days but the old man felt it was useless since he is very rich and can afford to send his kids to study or live anywhere in the world.

Today the man is very old, 86plus, though he tried in investing in landed properties and building rented house, those are the only things left now but his last child who is my friend isn't doing so well after he lost his job during covid-19 and now he is desperately searching for ways to Japa to US or Canada, he doesn't like UK, just like me and most of my friends anyway.

So these are some of my fears based on experience and stories heard.

As for my wife running off with another guyman abroad if she gets there, I have no problem with that at all cos I can still marry another wife that will be hotter than her lol, she knows this that I am not disadvantaged not lacking of fine chicks lol.

In fact she is the one scared of leaving me behind for fear of Naija chicks in Naija stealing me self lol.

But I really get your point and honestly I am not a jealous man at all, I am a very realistic man who understands the temptations that abound in the world for both man and woman in our current world so nothing will ever shock me in this life cos I have seen so much in life and have trained my heart never to expect too much from anybody beside myself.

All I am after is to ensure I secure a very solid future for my kids because the way Nigeria is going, it is scary when you read and watch how the people you call countrymen behave towards national politics and nation building, so I do imagine how bad Nigeria would be in 20 to 30yrs from now.

I don't want my kids to have just Nigerian passport as their only passport, God forbid.

Before I used to think buying a house in US will give one a US Citizenship, but I was wrong. Ever since I discovered this, I made up my mind to relocate them now that they are still very young with their mom.

My wife is the one delaying things cos she is scared of leaving me behind since I am not going with them, but will only be visiting them (not often cos I am Aerophobia cry ). Life no balance sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Dopenigga(m): 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
Hey guys, this question goes to the men in this thread who are married to medical doctors, especially those working in the UK or any other western country.
Judging from the busy schedule of medical doctors, how do you guys take care of the children?
What are the biggest challanges you face in your marriage? don't do it mhan. The current girls of naija girls ain't worth shit. Find a girl over there to date and marry, or you come down to Nigeria to see things for yourself

I am currently dating a medical student and plan to send her abroad immediately after her studies.
I would appreciate hearing from those with the experience or those whose relatives are married to medical doctors and both of them live in any western country.
Thank you.
don't do it mhan. The current girls of naija girls ain't worth shit. Find a girl over there to date and marry, or you come down to Nigeria to see things for yourself
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by AutoshalomUSA: 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
Nwanne Akwaogazi - PLEASE take heed to these advices . It’s coming from experience, encounter, and current trends.

So as a Nwafor you are !
1-Remember every Igbo Man wants to be the head of the house , not madam.
2 - It feels good to find that one person you love and want to marry . Good job!
3 - You MUST pay for her dowry or bride price , before you think of getting her a passport,talk-less of visa .
4 - After dowries and necessary rites ( not marriage ). Put on your GOLDEN BOOTS, aim for the goal net and fire down until ISSAGOAL …..Preggo ( Shakara don end oh ).
5 - Get a comfortable duplex in your town of choice, keep a small car ( You can do it if you’re Overss).
6 - Nwanne you will soon be a father and an almost married man .
7 - After you see your baby , take style run DNA test to confirm 100% YOU ARE THE FATHER.
8 - Surprise your lady and tell her you want the best Traditional Wedding ever , and you need her to plan it all under $10,000.00 . Nah now to know whether your woman is a keeper or Squanderer . Pay attention to her expenses and her needs for the wedding , If her expenses exceeds $7k , Brother she will run you dry .
9 - But if she remains prudent with that budget and spends less, then you might have a Non-greedy babe , who might truelly care for you not your money .
10 - After traditional marriage, score another goal immediately to solidify your wins .
11 - After 2 kids and wedding , this is when you should try to port them over to your oyibo base . If she likes let her leave you and the kids , You go use child support remind her say you are a man .
12 - Help her find a good job in her career of choice . Encourage her to go further , but also remind her that focusing too much on career as a woman could make the family suffer, especially abroad .

Nna this is too much - In short advice . Don’t Do It ! If you must do it . Then read above again to get an understanding…..

So many Nigerian homes have been broken apart in U.S & U.K alone , because some of the woman in the relationship chose career & celebrity lifestyle over their family . Some Nigerian ladies find it hard to love a guy wholeheartedly without any agenda . Abroad, some Nigerian men and other African men are beginning to distant Nigerian women , they say all manner of things . I don’t blame them , some are true .

But there are so many beautiful, well mannered, humble and intelligent girls all over Nigeria . But they are getting rarer and more harder to find ….. I Dey find too lol …..
Goodluck Akwa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by achimendy(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

I am in abroad already and whoever I get married to must join me too so that we both stay here together as a husband and a wife.
I only want to check my options first before delving deep into it

Just be careful bro, especially when you're considering Nigerian girls as option.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by ashawopikin(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
So u no get brother or sister wey u go send abroad na woman just because say Una dey knack? Anything wey u see take am like that
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by zakkxx: 4:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
Oga don’t marry a medical Doctor because u c it lucrative to do so! She will deal with u in uk! When will Nigerian men have sense? Marry a woman that is Godly,a woman that never wear all those demonic outfit like wigs, demonic eye lashes or Mary Kay! They give obanje vibes! If she pass those test and she happen to be a medical doctor or house wife good for u! Oga be wise ooo!
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Adabekee04(f): 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.
My opinion as a Lady and wife. if you won't join her please don't send her. My eyes have seen shege in this western part
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by horlahwaley(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
Desusi:

This is possible where your foundation is not of Christ.where your aim is to marry a medical doctor that would fetch in plenty money and living a luxurious lifestyles without seeking God opinion about it,you might definitely be seeking for trouble. The greatest matchmaker is still God in heaven.Have you told Him??
yinmu, continue preaching. To run a home successfully you have to be superior than your wife in many things...having more money than your wife is number one.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by excell12go(m): 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.

I have read several vile comments on this thread. It is really unfortunate that our fellow Nigerians do not rate Nigerian women. I don't blame them though. It's understandable. You need to know that no two people are thesame, and while we're expected to learn from other people's mistakes, we're not expected to make generalisations and apply same to everyone.

I'd like to have a personal discussion about this issue with you, if you dont mind. It definitely wouldn't be here cos I don't think I have the time and patience to type long epistles here. I chose to drop this comment after so many years of not posting here because of the sensitivity of the issue and how I can actually relate to your concerns.

If you choose to reach out to me, you can do so via matthewkayodead @gmail.com.

BTW, I am a male medical doctor who recently relocated from Nigeria.

For everyone who might not agree with this short post of mine and resort to using barbaric words, I'll advise you don't waste your time doing that as I will not dignify anyone with a response.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Zejie: 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
Moving her abroad is great and a good choice but also what country matters. It is difficult for Nigerian doctors with a Nigerian degree to practice medicine in places like the US. Some actually do not get to practice any longer when they mobe to the US unlike the UK where it is easier for them. You have to consider those factors.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Airell: 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ask this question on Reddit, you will get better answers there.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by SweetOnugbo: 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
ACRI:
I need a medical doctor for a serious relationship

If you are one my DM is open

Is it the doctor name you are interested in or the actual person?
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Godbpraised: 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2023
AutoshalomUSA:
Nwanne Akwaogazi - PLEASE take heed to these advices . It’s coming from experience, encounter, and current trends.

So as a Nwafor you are !
1-Remember every Igbo Man wants to be the head of the house , not madam.
2 - It feels good to find that one person you love and want to marry . Good job!
3 - You MUST pay for her dowry or bride price , before you think of getting her a passport,talk-less of visa .
4 - After dowries and necessary rites ( not marriage ). Put on your GOLDEN BOOTS, aim for the goal net and fire down until ISSAGOAL …..Preggo ( Shakara don end oh ).
5 - Get a comfortable duplex in your town of choice, keep a small car ( You can do it if you’re Overss).
6 - Nwanne you will soon be a father and an almost married man .
7 - After you see your baby , take style run DNA test to confirm 100% YOU ARE THE FATHER.
8 - Surprise your lady and tell her you want the best Traditional Wedding ever , and you need her to plan it all under $10,000.00 . Nah now to know whether your woman is a keeper or Squanderer . Pay attention to her expenses and her needs for the wedding , If her expenses exceeds $7k , Brother she will run you dry .
9 - But if she remains prudent with that budget and spends less, then you might have a Non-greedy babe , who might truelly care for you not your money .
10 - After traditional marriage, score another goal immediately to solidify your wins .
11 - After 2 kids and wedding , this is when you should try to port them over to your oyibo base . If she likes let her leave you and the kids , You go use child support remind her say you are a man .
12 - Help her find a good job in her career of choice . Encourage her to go further , but also remind her that focusing too much on career as a woman could make the family suffer, especially abroad .

Nna this is too much - In short advice . Don’t Do It ! If you must do it . Then read above again to get an understanding…..

So many Nigerian homes have been broken apart in U.S & U.K alone , because some of the woman in the relationship chose career & celebrity lifestyle over their family . Some Nigerian ladies find it hard to love a guy wholeheartedly without any agenda . Abroad, some Nigerian men and other African men are beginning to distant Nigerian women , they say all manner of things . I don’t blame them , some are true .

But there are so many beautiful, well mannered, humble and intelligent girls all over Nigeria . But they are getting rarer and more harder to find ….. I Dey find too lol …..
Goodluck Akwa

This one of the best advise i have seen, God bless you really Good.

My story

Where can i start from it is tough. I was married in Nigeria for 6years my wife of 6years did not bare a child, i propose we went abroad for more medical support since we decided to go abroad for support (Australia) when we got abroad after about 2 years we started having issues , one night we had a misunderstanding and boom she called the police. I never hit this woman or touched her, bro luckily for me i just cooled down, when morning reach i parked my load and moved out from the house. Guys, i left her for good, my people to date no dey hungry me again because i am strongly traumatized, i see every woman as a potential threat.

My advice.

Tread softly with a woman either dating a woman Nigeria or abroad, alternatively look for a lady in Nigeria give am belly and keep sending her money and take care of her and the child , if she like make she dey Bleep up and down. na she sabi. I would not advise a man to bring a lady to abroad even though the lady is an Angel, they always Change.

My Two cents.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by zomby(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.

Nigerian wives that live in abroad tend to follow their husband orders until they start making money. This is very common among wives who are in medical field.
Be very careful, as 87% of marriages to these wives do not workout…This is not exaggeration.

Please talk to folks all around (especially in usa) before you enter one chance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed / IVF Nigerian Babies: Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.