Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? (37616 Views)

Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why / Medical Doctor Dumps Wife And Kids After Sex Romp With ‘cele’ Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Aladdin1(m): 10:31am On Jan 05, 2023
Many such women always fail to appreciate such good gesture. They would strive to prove to you thet they owe you nothing. And it mostly would end in regrets and sorrow for you. But she most likely may be different and make a good wife for you. So allay your fears and pray about it and seek Gods opinion before you take a decision.

4 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Akwaokukuo: 10:33am On Jan 05, 2023
Angelacruz:
It is a like a culture in Igbo land that they will always recommend someone for marriage?

I have a roommate whose her family pressurized her to marry a guy that came back from Abroad..

And she doesn't like the guy sighting that
he is old but the family still insisted.
I think it is cool. I have a friend that married same way, they recommended someone for him and they started communicating and videocalling, from there the man travelled to Nigeria and they wedded and are living in peace as a husband and wife. He has even brought her over and so far no problem.

9 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by jesmond3945: 10:33am On Jan 05, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thanks so much for your wonderful advice.
I never even see the girl physically, she was recommended to me by a relative.
If I bring her to the abroad without legally marrying her, it is more risky because it means that she can marry someone else and abandon you.
Sponsoring someone to the UK is around 20million naira , I have the money actually but I don't plan to waste it on someone who would abandon me for someone else after investing almost all my lifesavings on her. It could be suicidal.
As for the sex part, it will also be bad because abroad is really very lonely and depriving me of sex is punishment because I have only had sex once since I moved to abroad and currently sexually deprived. Na masturbation I dey use relieve myself here while focusing strictly on myself and on money.
No lovelife, no funlife, strictly hustle and personal development for many years now
Yes. I am in Uk as well and understand how you feel. I will advise you to tone down your expectation on sex so that you wont be dissapointed. Like I mentioned earlier it is a gamble and a huge one at that. This is because you dont know this lady too well and an average Nigerian lady will jump at any diasporan. If there is a way you can hit Nigeria and meet her. Date her well. Even the show love is blind on netflix will give the couples chance to date and know themselves before wedding. This is because they know the implication. Marriage is a serious business and you have to look well before you jump into it. You can even marry her and she would still leave you when she understands the system well or she turns out to be an angel. The only way to find out is by dating her.

13 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Wickedfacts: 11:16am On Jan 05, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

If I bring her to the abroad without legally marrying her, it is more risky because it means that she can marry someone else and abandon you.
Sponsoring someone to the UK is around 20million naira , I have the money actually but I don't plan to waste it on someone who would abandon me for someone else after investing almost all my lifesavings on her. It could be suicidal.
As for the sex part, it will also be bad because abroad is really very lonely and depriving me of sex is punishment because I have only had sex once since I moved to abroad and currently sexually deprived. Na masturbation I dey use relieve myself here while focusing strictly on myself and on money.
No lovelife, no funlife, strictly hustle and personal development for many years now

Na saviour complex dey worry you and you sill suffer if you are not smart.

I was once stupid enough to buy a car for an idiot I intended marrying. One day, she told me to stop making noise in her car. 2010 Rav4 I paid for 100%. I collected my car back and dumped her. Her mother begged taya, I didn't listen. I could cut my losses cos I was yet to be married to her and we were both in Naija.

You think your money can buy love? I laugh.
She will agree to marry you, then after she has gotten her papers, she will meet someone else, divorce you and collect your properties. I have a friend who sponsored his fiancee to Canada in October and she dumped him this December. He's running around doing family meetings and I'm just shaking my head cos I warned him.

If you want to marry, look for a lady already abroad. She won't pretend so you can take her abroad for free. She's already there.

I will share these threads with you, please read them carefully. It shows the experience of Igbo men abroad who brought ladies from Naija and married them. These wives are in the medical profession.

https://www.nairaland.com/6318683/abroad-sisters-stop-shaming-us

https://www.nairaland.com/4552939/why-nigerian-husbands-kill-wives#68340154

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Sixfeetbelle: 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
Angelacruz:
It is a like a culture in Igbo land that they will always recommend someone for marriage?

I have a roommate whose her family pressurized her to marry a guy that came back from Abroad..

And she doesn't like the guy sighting that
he is old but the family still insisted.

Shebi that's how they recommended one for me all those years ago. Simply told them I wasn't interested and everybody respected their old age. Thank heavens my family were learned people sha...

8 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
I will not be a hindrance to anyone. But online dating or match-making is artificial. Marrying a Nigeria woman you are not dating is dangerous to your future well being.

The street is scary. Nigeria girls of today are scary. I will advice you to marry woman already in the UK.

Akwaokukuo:
Hey guys, this question goes to the men in this thread who are married to medical doctors, especially those working in the UK or any other western country.
What are your experiences?
Judging from the busy schedule of medical doctors, how do you guys take care of the children?
What are the biggest challanges you face in your marriage?

I am currently dating a medical student and plan to send her abroad immediately after her studies.
I would appreciate hearing from those with the experience or those whose relatives are married to medical doctors and both of them live in any western country.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Angelacruz: 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nawooo
Sixfeetbelle:

Shebi that's how they recommended one for me all those years ago. Simply told them I wasn't interested and everybody respected their old age. Thank heavens my family were learned people sha...
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Akwaokukuo: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Na saviour complex dey worry you and you sill suffer if you are not smart.

I was once stupid enough to buy a car for an idiot I intended marrying. One day, she told me to stop making noise in her car. 2010 Rav4 I paid for 100%. I collected my car back and dumped her. Her mother begged taya, I didn't listen. I could cut my losses cos I was yet to be married to her and we were both in Naija.

You think your money can buy love? I laugh.
She will agree to marry you, then after she has gotten her papers, she will meet someone else, divorce you and collect your properties. I have a friend who sponsored his fiancee to Canada in October and she dumped him this December. He's running around doing family meetings and I'm just shaking my head cos I warned him.

If you want to marry, look for a lady already abroad. She won't pretend so you can take her abroad for free. She's already there.

I will share these threads with you, please read them carefully. It shows the experience of Igbo men abroad who brought ladies from Naija and married them. These wives are in the medical profession.

https://www.nairaland.com/6318683/abroad-sisters-stop-shaming-us

https://www.nairaland.com/4552939/why-nigerian-husbands-kill-wives#68340154
These are really heart breaking stories shocked

3 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Dybala11(m): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
Sweetplum:
I v given you red card. You mouth is too long n saucy
Yen Yen Yen. Read before attacking people at least. grin
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by ifihearam: 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
Sweetplum:

They are awesome people. Make sure you support you doctor babe cos her moving to abroad ll open door of abroad for you too automatically

Ode he is already abroad..you are too sexist.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2023
ifihearam:

Ode he is already abroad..you are too sexist.
Ori e buru
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by ifihearam: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

You will regret it I promise you and it will be your loss.
What tribe are you or the girl?
Never accept women from relatives, all girls in naija are opportunists..You will regret it..Never you sponsor any woman.
There are single,marriageable girls where you are, money is not everything..go out, socialize since you doing well, meet new people, interact..its better to marry a Nigerian or a foreigner who has same drive as you than sending a nigeruan girl abroad...she will disgrace you.

6 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by ifihearam: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
Sweetplum:
Ori e buru

Ori baba e buru

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2023
ifihearam:

Ori baba e buru
Iyalaye e!
Omo Postinor N850!
Omo gbola bi knockout!
Omo abi pabe!
Omo ofo, Omo adanu!

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Akwaokukuo: 5:48am On Jan 07, 2023
ifihearam:

You will regret it I promise you and it will be your loss.
What tribe are you or the girl?
Never accept women from relatives, all girls in naija are opportunists..You will regret it..Never you sponsor any woman.
There are single,marriageable girls where you are, money is not everything..go out, socialize since you doing well, meet new people, interact..its better to marry a Nigerian or a foreigner who has same drive as you than sending a nigeruan girl abroad...she will disgrace you.

Na waoooo, I'm scared with all the comments I get from this thread.
Does it mean that there is no good girl in Nigeria who won't change and abandon one when she goes abroad?

3 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Reminderz: 6:14am On Jan 07, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Does it mean that there is no good girl in Nigeria who won't change and abandon one when she goes abroad?
love is blind they say... it makes men act stupid most times... I pray you don't regret this... never cross a bridge for someone that can't cross over a line for you... you don't even know her well yet, abi you think say na I love you so much wey una dey tell each other abi? e go shock you... sponsor your siblings instead or one of your family instead.

even if you marry someone already abroad, you're already at a disadvantage because she can decide to change any time and use their law against you and collect all your properties. the law favours women most there whether they are right or wrong. better use your head. it doesn't end well most times.. make logical decisions or you will cry.

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Akwaokukuo: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2023
Reminderz:

love is blind they say... it makes men act stupid most times... I pray you don't regret this... never cross a bridge for someone that can't cross over a line for you... you don't even know her well yet, abi you think say na I love you so much wey una dey tell each other abi? e go shock you... sponsor your siblings instead or one of your family instead.

even if you marry someone already abroad, you're already at a disadvantage because she can decide to change any time and use their law against you and collect all your properties. the law favours women most there whether they are right or wrong. better use your head. it doesn't end well most times.. make logical decisions or you will cry.

So wetin person go come do again na?
Make person no marry?

3 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Reminderz: 9:39am On Jan 07, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

So wetin person go come do again na?
Make person no marry?
if you can get a girl in Nigeria, then do it. avoid anything like court wedding or marriage... born pikin for here, don't take them there... once in a while visit them and send money for their upkeep.. it's because of the laws there and how women go crazy once they get there... at least you'll still be on the safer side here.. if you have money do DNA test.. never trust a woman you didn't meet as a virgin 100%, even if you meet her as a virgin, you can never be too careful.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by DonroxyII: 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2023
1Sharon:
Could this be another thread created just to cause civil unrest and gender wars?

Anyways,

What do you mean you plan to send her abroad?

If she's a doctor she doesn't need you to send her abroad.

The UK welcomes highly trained professionals with open arms, it's what they need right now.
Why can't you just contribute without being Hypersensitive ... Nairaland has already damaged some of You so Good grin

Online forum turning someone much more upside down than normal street .... Imaginary people ooo ... Folks You wouldn't roll with Ordinarily in the street .... Make we no dey think too much sha .. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by DonroxyII: 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Don't judge your life by other People's experiences. Keep dating and Examining your relationship and if the green button is good then go on with your plan.

Simply be Real

your partner especially women can't hide for long, She will show her true colour very Soon because Everyone looseguard eventually ...

No one is completely perfect thus your maturity is all that matters !

7 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Akwaokukuo: 9:54am On Jan 09, 2023
I was just going through my Facebook around 4am and noticed that someone tagged my so called girlfriend and her husband and congratulated them on their wedding which happened on 7th January.
She wasn't the one that posted, she was tagged to the post.
This is the highest shock of my life this year.
As in, is this happening? or am I dreaming?
How could she be in a serious relationship and still kept on acting along and toying with my emotion?
She was recommended to me last month around 15th December, what is the big deal in telling me that she is not single so that I move on with my life as fast as possible?
She was chatting romantically with me all these while and giving me all the green light and even sending hug and kiss emojis and my head was swelling.
Thank you all for your wonderful responses

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by iPrincess: 11:36am On Jan 09, 2023
T
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by ACRI: 11:37am On Jan 09, 2023
I need a medical doctor for a serious relationship

If you are one my DM is open

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Passionate888: 11:38am On Jan 09, 2023
Make I go read comments, both the truth and the lies
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by onuman: 11:40am On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
Hey guys, this question goes to the men in this thread who are married to medical doctors, especially those working in the UK or any other western country.
Judging from the busy schedule of medical doctors, how do you guys take care of the children?

I am currently dating a medical student and plan to send her abroad immediately after her studies.
I would appreciate hearing from those with the experience or those whose relatives are married to medical doctors and both of them live in any western country.
Thank you.

Gold digger, or?

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Femeto: 11:41am On Jan 09, 2023
No time for you.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Elzazzi: 11:44am On Jan 09, 2023

Someone pls tell this OP something embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by ednut1(m): 11:45am On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.
look at his mouth like i will send her abroad. Like a doctor cannot go abroad by themselves Do you know this person well abi na online dating She will outearn you as a doctor . Na there the wahala dey. Will she still be submissive and gentle when she begins to earn times 3 or 4 of your salary Hahahaha

7 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Juliearth(f): 11:45am On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.

I think it's a bad idea bringing this here. Expect to get a few good advise and a ton if bad ones.

4 Likes

Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:

Thank you.

I got to the second paragraph and have been laughing at my phone screen for the past 3 minutes.
Re: What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? by Isabi4lov: 11:46am On Jan 09, 2023
Akwaokukuo:
What are the biggest challanges you face in your marriage? I'm available though I'm not from igbo tribe , I promise to love and cherish you .

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed / IVF Nigerian Babies: Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.